THE BROWNS BOARD

Shep

Westside Steve

Yup, was over there last night- hard to believe they're having personality conflicts over there too. :D

Everytime I've ever looked over there someone has a thread going announcing how they are leaving the board because they've gotten their feelings hurt.

There's more drama queens on that board than you'll find at the daytime emmy's

Honestly, Shep was giving me a headache last time he came back here. He seems obsessed with defending his draft positions to the point that every post has an agenda.

He'd be a good guy to have a beer with in person, but he just ratchets up the drama level on whatever board he is on. I'm glad he doesn't like the McCoy choice because Quinn was doomed to fail once Shep declared his undying love for him ... at least Colt has a fighting chance now.

Zombo

Some people just have to prove how smart they are in every post. I am all for intelligent posts, but I don't need to have somebody act like they are the smartest person in the room constantly. Maybe we could get a few more of those types to leave.

With that said I would rather have him post then the Bipolar people and the Steeler Trolls. OH wait sometimes those two aren't exclusive.

Honestly, Shep was giving me a headache last time he came back here. He seems obsessed with defending his draft positions to the point that every post has an agenda.

Zombo

Yeah, that's kind of how I was feeling. He's a very knowledgeable guy but his defense proof his positions was extremely annoying.

Shep never bothered me. He takes an opinion one side or another, that's good for debate. He has often taken the opposite view of me, and never once have I gotten annoyed.

Bitchy, whiney members who want to bitch and moan about someone's character, the features of the message board, moderation, or other non-football type discussions are annoying. We ousted all of those members back in October. So, we lost Shep and Flugel with the bath water ... I'll take it.

I love the make-up of this forum right now. We don't have guys here who feel they have to post just for the sake of posting. Who cares about a zany, drama filled forum. Sometimes when there is nothing to discuss about the team, there is nothing to discuss about the team. Why do you think Inspecta and his like get involved in so much drama during the offseason? Because they don't know when to STFU during idle times.

I'm ready for this season, we have a much, much, better crew here this year than the past two seasons.

Shep's a great debater and brings up great points in his posts. He may talk about QBs a little too much but they are after all the most important position on the field in this game. I have no problem with anything he discusses.

No need to bash Shep when he's no longer here. And to be honest, I'm not quite sure that he planned to leave -- he was posting on both boards, just not as frequently as he normally does.

This thread likely has made that decision for him.

Shep has fans here too Alo! (as do you!)

Him and Flugs brought tons of valued discussion to this site the past 7 years I've lurked. I truly do miss their insight...but I won't shed tears over their internet departure...do whatever you want, that's what the net is for!

Other board schmord..there is only one place for Browns insight and discussion. www.thebrownsboard.com ( the only place to go for Cal quote's, WSS inpirational mantra, Zombo smack, and the best cheerleader thread on record)

The only problem I had with the guy was discussed openly with him about starting duplicate threads. Seemed like any time a thread got 8-9 posts on a topic, he would come in with another on the same subject.

It makes for a better board when things are discussed in one thread rather than flip flopping from one to another trying to remember what was said in what thread.

On his reappearance, he was better about that, so no beefs here.

If he comes back, great, if not, that's the way it goes. I post on 3 boards....2 really...here and dawgtalkers and very rarely on Browns chat....I just go between here and Talkers probably 50/50....maybe more here these days....say 60/40. If he can't share time, maybe he plans on a few weeks here, and a few weeks there...whatever floats his boat.

Shep has fans here too Alo! (as do you!)

Him and Flugs brought tons of valued discussion to this site the past 7 years I've lurked. I truly do miss their insight...but I won't shed tears over their internet departure...do whatever you want, that's what the net is for!

Other board schmord..there is only one place for Browns insight and discussion. www.thebrownsboard.com ( the only place to go for Cal quote's, WSS inpirational mantra, Zombo smack, and the best cheerleader thread on record)

Yeah, what lambdo said!

can someone fill me in on what the "old board" was? i've only been a member on here since last november, so i'm still learning about this board, it's history and the regular members.

i used to post on the browns and the cavs espn boards and the dog pound board on z7 invisionfree. there were too many numbskull trolls on the espn boards, plus the mods did little to no moderating. the z7 board was run by browns fans, but they ran that board like a bunch of stuck up cheerleaders. i don't have time for the drama and the bs. i just want to talk about cleveland sports (esp. the browns) and other good topics.

btw, i like this board alot. there are a couple of trolls on here that i could do without. i guess coming from the espn boards (that i was on for a few years), i've had enough of trolls and their same old same rants. but i just keep those fools on ignore user. i have no problem with the opinions of another fan, but the whole antagonistic/start an argument thing is pretty lame to me. some people like their presence on this board, so to each their own.

i think this is the best board i've been to thus far. alot of knowledgable posters and the board features are nice! i'll continue to contribute my opinion and any good info that i run across.

GO BROWNS!

can someone fill me in on what the "old board" was? i've only been a member on here since last november, so i'm still learning about this board, it's history and the regular members.

i used to post on the browns and the cavs espn boards and the dog pound board on z7 invisionfree. there were too many numbskull trolls on the espn board, plus the mods did little to no moderating. the z7 board was run by browns fans, but they ran that board like a bunch of stuck up cheerleaders. i don't have time for the drama and the bs. i just want to talk about cleveland sports (esp. the browns) and other good topics.

btw, i like this board alot. there are a couple of trolls on here that i could do without. i guess coming from the espn board (that i was on for a few years), i've had enough of trolls and their same old same rants. but i just keep those fools on ignore user. i have no problem with the opinions of another fan, but the whole antagonistic/start an argument thing is pretty lame to me. some people like their presence on this board, so to each their own.

i think this is the best board i've been to thus far. alot of knowledgable posters and the board features are nice! i'll continue to contribute my opinion and any good info that i run across.

GO BROWNS!

LOL, you want history, I'm gonna take you way,way back in time. Almost right after Al gore invented the Internet. ROTFLMAO! 'Twas right about the time us old Farts decided this newfangled computer thing was here to stay- you young 'uns may find it hard to believe my first computer was a 100mhz Pentium 32mb RAM, and a 1GB hard drive that set me back $2,400- shiite, you can get a Droid with 50X the computing power for 1\5th the price today .

Now that year was 1995, (the Art betrayal was a galvanizing point) and a bunch of us were hanging out on the AOL forums which were the only game in town, unless you happened to be able to stomach USENET, which was totally unmoderated (if you could selective block a poster at that time MIT wanted to hear from you), and a troll haven that you can't even imagine. Ah, makes me reminisce about the good old days of CopyrightFlameGiant, Captain MeowCat, and worst of all (from a Browns fans' perspective) Bernie@home.com- the only troll I've got totally blocked forever- like 26,000 posts and the a-hole ain't even a football fan- just a knowitall smartass.

That's not to say we didn't have our little problems on AOL- Rich4Eagle's buddy of many screennames (funny they still have that problem on cleveland.com) Tom embarked on a war of attrition- and got kicked off of AOL at least 12 times-by my count- and he's one of the few people that's PNG here. So Stan decided to go it alone and start a new forum. So hey you old timers really- you forget MetalMarte, BeesIndy, ArtBeitz (who now runs the show over @ scout.com) or Dave Collin? I haven't. Great posters all.

So yeah- we're sort of like family here- been through births-deaths-nasty (real and cyber) divorces over the last 15 years. Give Atenears a lot of credit for keeping this going for that long. Unlike a lot of the commercial sites, this is strictly a labor of love. And really- that Tailgate page is no joke- come on down and visit- introduce yourself, and you'll feel right at home.

LOL, you want history, I'm gonna take you way,way back in time. Almost right after Al gore invented the Internet. ROTFLMAO! 'Twas right about the time us old Farts decided this newfangled computer thing was here to stay- you young 'uns may find it hard to believe my first computer was a 100mhz Pentium 32mb RAM, and a 1GB hard drive that set me back $2,400- shiite, you can get a Droid with 50X the computing power for 1\5th the price today .

Now that year was 1995, (the Art betrayal was a galvanizing point) and a bunch of us were hanging out on the AOL forums which were the only game in town, unless you happened to be able to stomach USENET, which was totally unmoderated (if you could selective block a poster at that time MIT wanted to hear from you), and a troll haven that you can't even imagine. Ah, makes me reminisce about the good old days of CopyrightFlameGiant, Captain MeowCat, and worst of all (from a Browns fans' perspective) Bernie@home.com- the only troll I've got totally blocked forever- like 26,000 posts and the a-hole ain't even a football fan- just a knowitall smartass.

That's not to say we didn't have our little problems on AOL- Rich4Eagle's buddy of many screennames (funny they still have that problem on cleveland.com) Tom embarked on a war of attrition- and got kicked off of AOL at least 12 times-by my count- and he's one of the few people that's PNG here. So Stan decided to go it alone and start a new forum. So hey you old timers really- you forget MetalMarte, BeesIndy, ArtBeitz (who now runs the show over @ scout.com) or Dave Collin? I haven't. Great posters all.

So yeah- we're sort of like family here- been through births-deaths-nasty (real and cyber) divorces over the last 15 years. Give Atenears a lot of credit for keeping this going for that long. Unlike a lot of the commercial sites, this is strictly a labor of love. And really- that Tailgate page is no joke- come on down and visit- introduce yourself, and you'll feel right at home.

thanks for the info, hoorta. wow, some of you guys have been posting together since 95? i can only imagine what the posts were like when art turned into a thief in the night. and i can also imagine how the trolling was back then when the net was young. DAMN!! good stuff and thanks again.

i started posting on the net in 98, but it was on a non-sports board. i didn't start posting on a sports board till 04 and that was on the espn browns and cavs boards. i left those boards after only posting on there for about a couple of months and joined a number of cleveland sports fans who got tired of the espn trolls so we started a cleveland sports board on z7 invisionfree. i got tired (around 07) of the little highschool clique atmosphere on there and started posting on the espn boards for a few years. got tired of that troll haven and found this board through google search.

No need to bash Shep when he's no longer here. And to be honest, I'm not quite sure that he planned to leave -- he was posting on both boards, just not as frequently as he normally does.

This thread likely has made that decision for him.

Alo, yeah- Shep has probably got some other stuff on his agenda right now- but you should know- you're always welcome here, as is Jason J, Flugs, and yeah- Shep too- my only issue with the Shepster is his reluctance to admit he's DEAD WRONG- even when conclusively proved otherwise. Joey Harrington anyone? He's gotten marginally better lately, but after 10? years, it is what it is. Sort of like Rich4 or the Ghoulie- they can't change even if they wanted to.

And hey- IMHO- no need to get your feelings hurt if everyone doesn't agree with you. I'm not sure if Shep has ever forgotten when I went off on a drunk draft day anti-Quinn tirade (the jury is still out on that one) about the ND wunderkid that was Sheppie's qb duJour.

i can only imagine what the posts were like when art turned into a thief in the night. and i can also imagine how the trolling was back then when the net was young. DAMN!! good stuff and thanks again.

I think the reaction to Modell's actions were remarkably civil, all things considered. Actually, in some dark corner of a closet I think I have a pile of internet posts that I printed from that era. (Note to self: burn evidence.) lolol.

And Hoorta... I do remember Metalmarte, BeesIndy, ArtBietz and more! Collin Agee still gets his intelligent commentary published now and then.

I went off on a drunk draft day anti-Quinn tirade (the jury is still out on that one)

Mmmm ... no it's not.

Quinn won three games as a Brown and is going to be the third guy in Denver ... it's OK to say you were right.

Shep's always welcome here. I think the 2010 Shep might be a better fit with those other guys. The board evolves. We all evolve. Except Rich.

Zombo

The camraderie is what keeps me going on these boards. I look forward to meeting many of the newer members this Fall down in our tailgate lot. Please, make the plans to stop by and meet some of this clan. Very good people. Our tailgate parties are not wild and crazy, but just good socializing. If you want crazy drunkiness, head to the Muni-lot - this group is just only about good well mannered fun with an occasional shot of a variety of mixtures poured in from all over the Nation World.

Except for when Zombo visits.

I have been to the Muni lot , Dawg Talk Island to be precise . I have always found the experience rather exhilarating , and the perfect pre-game spirit boost , that sends you into the stadium pumped up . The getting real drunk and acting like an ass thing I always leave to others , that do it so much better . lol

I have met some very nice peeps up there .

DieHardAnnieandBallpeen.jpg

I would like to see Shep & Flugs back. I thought Flugs had some pretty good commentary.

I've read many posts here in the last 6 years... It's been interesting. Once you're around long enough, you'll start to figure things out on your own. A trained eye is able to spot the instigators, the trolls, the trash-talkers, the phony user accounts, and the folks who just like to talk Browns.

What got me started reading threads, here, was because I moved away from N.E. Ohio for work, and I missed hearing about the Browns on the news, being around like-minded fans, etc... I did join the Greater Cincinnati Browns Backers, this year, so I'm looking forward to that, and really looking forward to this season. I would also like to make it up to a game in Cleveland, sometime, to meet you guys.

The camraderie is what keeps me going on these boards. I look forward to meeting many of the newer members this Fall down in our tailgate lot. Please, make the plans to stop by and meet some of this clan. Very good people. Our tailgate parties are not wild and crazy, but just good socializing. If you want crazy drunkiness, head to the Muni-lot - this group is just only about good well mannered fun with an occasional shot of a variety of mixtures poured in from all over the Nation World.

This sounds great, I wouldn't want to take my grandson to a game and hang out with a bunch of guys all hopped up on who knows what and making fools out of themselves.

I would love to stop down and meet you guys one of these days. I'll let you know if I can make it to a game this year.

I have been to the Muni lot , Dawg Talk Island to be precise . I have always found the experience rather exhilarating , and the perfect pre-game spirit boost , that sends you into the stadium pumped up . The getting real drunk and acting like an ass thing I always leave to others , that do it so much better . lol

I have met some very nice peeps up there .

DieHardAnnieandBallpeen.jpg

Good God man...actually, thanks for that pic...I have been looking for a good 'before" pic. When that was taken I must have been near 275 in the old Muni lot days....I know Dave on the end and Annie...good to see their faces again.

Is that you in the shot with Dave? I remember him(you?), but we only met that one time to the best of my recall.

I know we have discussed this before, but i have slept since then.

By the way....my last weigh in I was at 203...down about 30 since last season ended and down maybe 70-75 since that was taken.

That motivates me....it's 100 degrees but I don't care, I am going for a 6 mile walk in a little bit...maybe even jog some just to get a little further away from the guy in that shot.

Thanks!

That said, I have been joining with Ed, Stan, and Don for maybe 3 years now....I guess this will be the 4th year....they do a great job and the crowd is always great. You need to join us some time

Archived