THE BROWNS BOARD

Ref Admits Steelers Got Gift Super Bowl

Riffer X

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an recent article from FoxSports. Here is the link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ref-tak...stakes-too-hard

The recent remarks by referee Bill Leavy admitting to the Seattle Seahawks that he made two bad calls during their Super Bowl XL loss have rekindled the strong emotions of so many: those who are Seattle Seahawks fans, those who don't like the Pittsburgh Steelers, and even many Steelers fans and Steelers players who are insulted that Leavy's calls may have tainted their Super Bowl victory.

I have to admit that I was bit surprised when I read that Leavy addressed the calls with the media. Surprised, but not shocked.

Bill is one of the best referees we have in the NFL. He is a great communicator with players and coaches and has always been very accurate in his decision making. Ask most all of the coaches in the league and they will tell you they respect him. Even Mike Holmgren liked him before Super Bowl XL.

Like the other referees in the NFL, Leavy hates it when he makes a mistake and to make one in the Super Bowl makes it worse. It has been eating at him for four years. He wasn't kidding when he said he lost sleep and was miserable. We had many conversations about this. You live with that negative feeling as an official and it is hard to shake. Last week in Seattle, he found an opportunity to get it off his chest and admit that he had made mistakes. In my opinion, he was too hard on himself.

First, he didn't "kick" two calls in the fourth quarter. He was clearly incorrect when he called Matt Hasselbeck for a low block after the interception when Hasselbeck attempted to go low through a blocker in an attempt to make the tackle. It would only have been a foul if Matt would have made contact with the blocker, but he didn't, so it should not have been called.

Leavy piled on himself by saying that his holding call on Sean Locklear was incorrect. That is not true. It was a hold and should have been called. If anything, you could have made a case that the Steelers were offside and, if the play had been officiated correctly, the penalties would have offset and the down replayed. In any case, the reception would not have been allowed to stand.

Did Leavy's calls and the officiating, in general, have an impact in that game? Sure they did. Officiating has an impact in every game that is played, whether calls are made or not made, whether they are correct or incorrect.

Did Leavy's calls determine the winner of Super Bowl XL? Absolutely not! In truth, there were missed calls that went against both teams. Let's all put aside our allegiances and go back four years and look at the game objectively. If we do, we will see that the Seahawks did not play well and neither, actually, did the Steelers.

The officials also did not have a great game. In the end, however, the team that deserved to win won. That, in my opinion, is the bottom line.

This is from the head of NFL officials at the time of the game.

Well I can throw out a "do the math" for the time being. We're talking about an Organization that hired and kept on payroll corrupt Doctors whose sole purpose of employment was to pump their players full of performance enhancers. Is it really out of the realm of possibility a group corrupt enough to pay dirty MD's six figure incomes to administer drugs to their players isn't also corrupt enough that they would also buy off some officials and league execs? Call me crazy all you'd like, but they've been caught cheating the system before, former players have admitted their prior dynasties were HGH fueled shams and the Rooney Family would do anything to win.

I'd also say follow the trail of coincidence as well. From the top down. Starting with close Rooney associate and lifelong Stoolers fan.... Roger Goodell. Pure coincidence a Rooney man is pushed for the GM opening? Maybe.

Same Roger Goodell that refused to suspend James HGHarrison for Steroid use, domestic violence or owning a rabid pittbull that attacked his children. Coincidence?

Same Roger Goodell who took no action after the Rooneys 'Roid Doctor was caught distributing controlled substances banned by the NFL to the Stoolers roster. Coincidence?

Same Roger Goodell who went out of his way to levy the stiffest suspensions in the NFL against the Stoolers division rivals, dismantling that teams roster. Coincidence?

Same Roger Goodell refused allowing suspended Bengals players to train with the team until their suspensions were up, yet Big Jen Rapistburger is cleared to practice with the Stools during his light suspension. Coincidence?

Down the line....

The non-TD catch against Baltimore that handed the Stoolers the game as well as the AFC North and home field throughout the playoffs....

Consistent questionable calls in Pittsburghs games included but not limited to spotting the ball 1+ yards on 3rd downs to hand them first downs, phantom penalties, officials allowing dirty hits on players, holding ect.... Pitt being given interceptions that touched the ground... All coincidence?

Is it a coincidence that any other team has a player throw a dirty hit that team is fined 15 yards and the player is fined yet whenever Whines Hard or others do the same it's ignored until AFTER the games? Coincidence?

Or how about the last Superbowl "win", with AZ being called for multiple phantom penalties or any little mess up while the Stoolers accidentally got away with virtually anything until the 4th quarter and/or whenever it didn't matter if the penalties was called as it didn't impact the Stoolers any.....

Just saying. If it were a one time thing I would likely agree with you. However when there is a track record of "bad officiating" and the NFL front office cutting his buddy Art Rooney numerous breaks it says that it is probably something more then that. Referees don't just suddenly have a bad day every time the Stools need a break. When it's happening time after time after time after time SOMETHING is going on with it.

Since the game is so fixed and your team has no chance of winning why not do us all a favor and stop watching. Only a fool would continue to put money down when they know the game is fixed. Right?

Well I can throw out a "do the math" for the time being. We're talking about an Organization that hired and kept on payroll corrupt Doctors whose sole purpose of employment was to pump their players full of performance enhancers. Is it really out of the realm of possibility a group corrupt enough to pay dirty MD's six figure incomes to administer drugs to their players isn't also corrupt enough that they would also buy off some officials and league execs? Call me crazy all you'd like, but they've been caught cheating the system before, former players have admitted their prior dynasties were HGH fueled shams and the Rooney Family would do anything to win.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/232404-...-misconceptions

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3866837

I'd also say follow the trail of coincidence as well. From the top down. Starting with close Rooney associate and lifelong Stoolers fan.... Roger Goodell. Pure coincidence a Rooney man is pushed for the GM opening? Maybe.

Same Roger Goodell that refused to suspend James HGHarrison for Steroid use, domestic violence or owning a rabid pittbull that attacked his children. Coincidence?

Funny how Ryan Tucker wasn't cut from the lowly Browns after he got busted for roids. Charges dropped in domestic abuse......How the hell would his dog biting his son when his son was with his mother get Harrison suspened?

Same Roger Goodell who took no action after the Rooneys 'Roid Doctor was caught distributing controlled substances banned by the NFL to the Stoolers roster. Coincidence?

This never happened.......You made it up......Well, actually you took a small detail and failed at trying to spin it and distort it

Same Roger Goodell who went out of his way to levy the stiffest suspensions in the NFL against the Stoolers division rivals, dismantling that teams roster. Coincidence?

Now this is completely made up.....How long is Rogers getting suspended for trying to take a loaded gun on a plane? How long has benson been suspened? What punishment was given to the Ravens for admitting to putting bounties to injure players.....Ben is the first and only player ever suspended under the PCP without ever being charged.

Same Roger Goodell refused allowing suspended Bengals players to train with the team until their suspensions were up, yet Big Jen Rapistburger is cleared to practice with the Stools during his light suspension. Coincidence?

Another made up fact. Ben suspension is from week 1 to week 6 (coniditionally week 4) During that time Ben is NOT allowed to be with the team.....That's how all suspensions work....You don't get suspended from TC or preseason games.......

Down the line....

The non-TD catch against Baltimore that handed the Stoolers the game as well as the AFC North and home field throughout the playoffs....

"Remember when what was desccribed as "NASA like technology" was used on live TV to prove it was a touchdown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuk01PIcUMQ...feature=channel

Consistent questionable calls in Pittsburghs games included but not limited to spotting the ball 1+ yards on 3rd downs to hand them first downs, phantom penalties, officials allowing dirty hits on players, holding ect.... Pitt being given interceptions that touched the ground... All coincidence?

Bad calls happen every game.....

Again, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuk01PIcUMQ...feature=channel

Is it a coincidence that any other team has a player throw a dirty hit that team is fined 15 yards and the player is fined yet whenever Whines Hard or others do the same it's ignored until AFTER the games? Coincidence?

Again, that's just made up and stupid.

Or how about the last Superbowl "win", with AZ being called for multiple phantom penalties or any little mess up while the Stoolers accidentally got away with virtually anything until the 4th quarter and/or whenever it didn't matter if the penalties was called as it didn't impact the Stoolers any.....

Wow, you are good at making things up....Even Card fans admitt they lost that game fairly...You just like to whine like a little girl.

Just saying. If it were a one time thing I would likely agree with you. However when there is a track record of "bad officiating" and the NFL front office cutting his buddy Art Rooney numerous breaks it says that it is probably something more then that. Referees don't just suddenly have a bad day every time the Stools need a break. When it's happening time after time after time after time SOMETHING is going on with it.

I refuse to honestly believe you are this stupid. If you were you would not be able to operate a computer. You just want to blow smoke because you got your panties in a bunch.

But if you actually believe this BS, then you should probably just quit watching football. Why would you waste your time watching something you beleive is fixed?.........

I refuse to honestly believe you are this stupid. If you were you would not be abnle to operate a computer. You just want to blow smoke cuz you got your panties in a bunch.

But if you actually believe this BS, then you should probably just quit watching football. Why would you waste your time watching something you beleive is fixed?.........

I read that post and didn't want to take the time to do what you just did. How can you make a post that long chuck full of completely fabricated statements? It would be one thing to write a paragraph or two and be off on one or two things. A novel was written and 80% of it was heinously incorrect, possibly more. Where are you getting your Steeler news? Fox News? A browns blog written but a 14 year old girl with a hello kitty bed spread? Possibly one of the most ridiculous posts ever made on this message board based solely on the ridiculous amount of misinformation.

I read that post and didn't want to take the time to do what you just did. How can you make a post that long chuck full of completely fabricated statements? It would be one thing to write a paragraph or two and be off on one or two things. A novel was written and 80% of it was heinously incorrect, possibly more. Where are you getting your Steeler news? Fox News? A browns blog written but a 14 year old girl with a hello kitty bed spread? Possibly one of the most ridiculous posts ever made on this message board based solely on the ridiculous amount of misinformation.

I know he doesn't actually beleived what he wrote. He is just bitter and it makes him feel better to let out his bitterness. He would never say this crap in real life, he's knows it's nothing but rediculous lies. And even he he does actually believe this crap, he is still a complete moron for continuing to watch/support a league that's fixed.

These names are gettin good

It's actually pretty sad. It certainly doesn't bother me and I put the explanation in my sig just in case someone not savvy thinks I'm some sort of weirdo. It was changed back at some point this week and then went back to the above. It appears there may be some mod turmoil. All i know is it's not running off the Steeler faithful so the point and humor is moot. Unless of course a certain posting population is easily amused.

Whats amusing is all these steeler fans hanging onto every comment Browns fans make......You'll never see me on a Steeler forum, I dont give two shits what any of you think. I have my own opinion, im comfortable with it and dont need it validated by anyone.

And I'm here for validation? That is hilarious and I sure as sh.it don't hang on anyone's every word. Although you can be rest assured that if I started posting my own topics I'd have a 10 page thread full of Browns fans hanging on my every word, troll detailed or not. You don't care yet you took the time to post yet again in response to something one of the Steeler faithful mentioned. I'm here for rival news, nothing less, nothing more. Unfortunately it usually becomes some sort of half a$$ed grade school hate fest and the discussions go nowhere. Mind you by no ones fault but someone faithful to the Brown and orange. I'm confident a majority of the Steeler fans on this board could coexist just fine if not for the percentage of mouth breathers that routinely turn threads in to something they aren't. The best part...some of you are surprised and then angry but you're angry at the wrong people. Blame your mouth breathers, not the Steeler fans.

And I'm here for validation? That is hilarious and I sure as sh.it don't hang on anyone's every word. Although you can be rest assured that if I started posting my own topics I'd have a 10 page thread full of Browns fans hanging on my every word, troll detailed or not. You don't care yet you took the time to post yet again in response to something one of the Steeler faithful mentioned. I'm here for rival news, nothing less, nothing more. Unfortunately it usually becomes some sort of half a$$ed grade school hate fest and the discussions go nowhere. Mind you by no ones fault but someone faithful to the Brown and orange. I'm confident a majority of the Steeler fans on this board could coexist just fine if not for the percentage of mouth breathers that routinely turn threads in to something they aren't. The best part...some of you are surprised and then angry but you're angry at the wrong people. Blame your mouth breathers, not the Steeler fans.

I gave you my opinion, Im comfortable with it and dont need you to validate it. You can stay here and beg for attention on a browns board that you know is hostile territory all you want. Do I come in your home and tell you what to think, say, fell? If I did im sure I would get the same reception your getting hear. If you wanna talk football then do it, you say thats what your hear for but 90% of the time your in these multi page threads pimpin the Steelers and telling Cleveland fans there view on Pittsburgh is whack. If thats what your hear for have at it, im not gonna get in a 10 page pissing match with you. Just know when you come in here you need to bring thicker skin, your gonna get guys being complete a$$hole's just because your a steeler fan. If you wanna gain some respect you can ignore them and not go on a rage about everything Cleveland because one guy makes a degrading remark. Good luck, I wont add no more to the page count.

i guess it's got enough buzz now that this refs ex-boss has come out and said that the bad calls didn't sway the outcome of the game. meanwhile every stupid show on espn today had a segment about it with everyone in agreement that bad calls DO have a say in the outcome of any game.

and let's see the refs ex-boss.....................hmmmm, what's he gonna say, "oh yeah he totally F'd up. we F up all the time. blah blah." maybe he wants to keep his job. maybe the refs association would have egg on their face forever if he were to say that. what are you stupid? of course he's going to say that. just wonder how much money the rooneys had to put out for that win.

I still don't care...about either side.

Well kudos. However plenty of other people here did and do so the post is relevant. Just dig up the other thread and count of the Browns faithful posting in it, then you can compile a list and at the top write, "People who care" and you should be good.

Some of these Browns fans could be given the same picture Gordon McCarter got shoved in his front pocket and they would still deny the Steelers got screwed.....

they did get screwed. mccarter got fined. it was a regular season game. what about this topic?

they did get screwed. mccarter got fined. it was a regular season game. what about this topic?

Any semi-reseasonable person knows it was a horribly blown call. I was commenting on the fact that there are a few people that truly beleive the crap they spew and would deny a call such of this was the wrong one.

Also, I purposely made my comment vague so a few people can kill 2 minutes of boredom and look up what I am talking about.

I gave you my opinion, Im comfortable with it and dont need you to validate it. You can stay here and beg for attention on a browns board that you know is hostile territory all you want. Do I come in your home and tell you what to think, say, fell? If I did im sure I would get the same reception your getting hear. If you wanna talk football then do it, you say thats what your hear for but 90% of the time your in these multi page threads pimpin the Steelers and telling Cleveland fans there view on Pittsburgh is whack. If thats what your hear for have at it, im not gonna get in a 10 page pissing match with you. Just know when you come in here you need to bring thicker skin, your gonna get guys being complete a$$hole's just because your a steeler fan. If you wanna gain some respect you can ignore them and not go on a rage about everything Cleveland because one guy makes a degrading remark. Good luck, I wont add no more to the page count.

Give it a god damn rest. Playing the "victim card' or the "Holier than though, let's talk football jesus role" is pretty damn lame. I've been here for as long as I have under this name and my old name Snatch98 discussing football. Yes I get involved in the pissing matches but when I get involved the "mouth breathers" of the board have already set in on something ridiculous Steeler related. There are for more irrational and non objective Browns fans on this board than their are Steeler fans. It's easily 9 times out of 10 someone from this message board that supports the Brown and Orange that starts a thread that turns in to 10 pages of piss flying all over the place. My skin is Rhino thick which is precisely why outside of my sig I've said sh.it about the Retarded name changes or the basic name calling. I only get involved when some facet of the Steelers is called directly in to question. The name calling doesn't phase me at all. I find it xxxxing pathetic if you ask me. Hillbillys, inbreds, pittspuke, stoolers, stealers......all a bunch of 3rd grade bullshit. Yea Steeler fans use "Stains" or say "the mistake on the lake" but when it's said it's a joke. People here use it as some sort of insult that's REALLY SUPPOSED TO HIT HOME. Does anyone actually believe any of the names I listed actually strikes a nerve with anyone that supports the Pittsburgh Steelers? I've I'm going to insult someone I'm going to do it intelligently. I'd rather make someone feel stupid than to resort to basic, cry baby name calling. Talk to your own before you come running in my direction. I don't start the sh.it, I just sling it.

Keep playing the victim if you must. I don't give a sh.it what anyone here thinks about me. I'm here to read about a division rival and participate when I deem it necessary. I'd happily post here without issue if people could hold intelligent conversations. Instead it's a bunch of once again 3rd grade name calling, roid accusations, pay off accusations. Anything to make the lot of you feel better about the lowly franchise you support. Sure I expect the Browns to turn it around and I'd be happy to see a full circle scenario but Jealousy is a bitch and every last one of the name callers is jealous. You can say "Well we have X amount of pre-era championships" but when it all boils down you'd rather have the Super Bowls and to say otherwise is a bold faced lie. Sh.it is getting old and I"m here to read more than anything. I can't police all the Retards.

Oh I don't know, about 15 posters who couldn't wait to talk about it when it came to Bill Leavy giving the haters what they want to hear. But I forgot, here's the other side, so yeah, who cares huh?

So? They couldn't wait to talk about it, and apparently you couldn't wait to respond. YOu certainly helped fuel the fire, so don't complain if people respond to you.

You could have just made one post that said: "So what. Its over. We won. Too bad".

And there would have been no real arguing with that.

Fair to say?

Give it a god damn rest. Playing the "victim card' or the "Holier than though, let's talk football jesus role" is pretty damn lame. I've been here for as long as I have under this name and my old name Snatch98 discussing football. Yes I get involved in the pissing matches but when I get involved the "mouth breathers" of the board have already set in on something ridiculous Steeler related. There are for more irrational and non objective Browns fans on this board than their are Steeler fans. It's easily 9 times out of 10 someone from this message board that supports the Brown and Orange that starts a thread that turns in to 10 pages of piss flying all over the place. My skin is Rhino thick which is precisely why outside of my sig I've said sh.it about the Retarded name changes or the basic name calling. I only get involved when some facet of the Steelers is called directly in to question. The name calling doesn't phase me at all. I find it xxxxing pathetic if you ask me. Hillbillys, inbreds, pittspuke, stoolers, stealers......all a bunch of 3rd grade bullshit. Yea Steeler fans use "Stains" or say "the mistake on the lake" but when it's said it's a joke. People here use it as some sort of insult that's REALLY SUPPOSED TO HIT HOME. Does anyone actually believe any of the names I listed actually strikes a nerve with anyone that supports the Pittsburgh Steelers? I've I'm going to insult someone I'm going to do it intelligently. I'd rather make someone feel stupid than to resort to basic, cry baby name calling. Talk to your own before you come running in my direction. I don't start the sh.it, I just sling it.

Keep playing the victim if you must. I don't give a sh.it what anyone here thinks about me. I'm here to read about a division rival and participate when I deem it necessary. I'd happily post here without issue if people could hold intelligent conversations. Instead it's a bunch of once again 3rd grade name calling, roid accusations, pay off accusations. Anything to make the lot of you feel better about the lowly franchise you support. Sure I expect the Browns to turn it around and I'd be happy to see a full circle scenario but Jealousy is a bitch and every last one of the name callers is jealous. You can say "Well we have X amount of pre-era championships" but when it all boils down you'd rather have the Super Bowls and to say otherwise is a bold faced lie. Sh.it is getting old and I"m here to read more than anything. I can't police all the Retards.

My only comment to your rant is that I don't understand why you feel that you are victimized.

You come on here for the sole purpose of either responding in some drama queen fashion to some perceived slight of "Steelerdom" or for the purpose of setting that drama in motion yourself; yet ,you then complain about the existance of the drama, when it is the drama you exist for and thrive on.

For you, apparently, this board is merely a General Hospital/Guiding Light surrogate.

No one tells you that you have to tune in the soap opera, let alone being one of the leading actors.

Whats amusing is all these steeler fans hanging onto every comment Browns fans make......You'll never see me on a Steeler forum, I dont give two shits what any of you think. I have my own opinion, im comfortable with it and dont need it validated by anyone.

Damn Strait you wont be on a Steeler forum... What are you gonna say ?? Certainly not the Crap spewed here... you would be exposed as an imbecile immediately lol. And we mostly Laugh at your words... At time caught in amazement over the ridiculous content. But Hanging on your Every comment ?? LOL... You live in Fantasia dude. Hey hows the weather over there ??

There should be a * after every Stooler Superbowl win. They haven't won one without cheating.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Archived