THE BROWNS BOARD

...On Lebron's ad in the the Beacon.

bonedawg

To be honest the first time I heard the media call Lebron the king and the chosen one I decided not to pay any attention to the Cavs until it was over and done with. I figured it would be in my best interest not to financially support anything that would compare a person that dribbles a ball to a god or even a real king for that matter. Now dont get me wrong, I still wanted them to win it all but I refused to pay for a ticket or buy anything that had the Cavs logo on it. Now that he's gone I plan on attending quite a few Cavs game this year and im really looking forward to it.

A long time ago you could ask kids what they wanted to be when they grew up and you would get the typical answers like cops, doctors, firefighters, etc... people who really made a difference in society. The kind of people who would put they're life on the line for cheap pay and the satisfaction they got from helping someone else. Now that the media calls people like Lebron King, everyone forgot who the real heros are so were stuck with nothing but a bunch of dream chasers. Kids who spend every day playing sports thinking they will be like him but dont realize that they will never make it. In the end they end up with no job and have to depend on people like us who pay taxes so they can get welfare and section 8 becuase playing ball is the only thing they know.

What's really sad are some of these parents I see who are the same way. They think there kid is the next Lebron so they devote all of they're time to a sport in hopes of a quick payday when there kid makes it big but they fail to see the damage they are actually doing.

Archived