THE BROWNS BOARD

Akron woman suspect in case of stolen LeBron pendant

Speedyd900rr

Associated Press

WADSWORTH — A woman who tried to sell a $10,000 pendant stolen from a LeBron James business partner is a suspect in the case, police said.

The police incident report obtained Friday identified Vaneisha Robinson, 19, of Akron, as a suspect in the receiving stolen property investigation but didn’t elaborate. No immediate arrests were made and police didn’t immediately return calls Friday.

The white gold diamond-studded pendant is in the shape of James’ basketball jersey. Maverick O. Carter, the CEO for James’ marketing company, says it was stolen from him three years ago.

Robinson, an amateur boxer, said she bought it four years ago for $5 at a yard sale, recently got it appraised and put it for sale on eBay. She was on TV in Cleveland on Tuesday discussing her surprise at its value.

One day later, she received a call and was invited to the Carter house and was told James would be there to make a pendant offer she couldn’t refuse.

But James wasn’t there and a crowd of eight or nine people forced her to give up the pendant, she said. “I was scared for my life,” Robinson told WEWS-TV.

“They pretty much accused me, they threatened me,” Robinson said. “They told us that we weren’t going anywhere until they got that pendant.”

A woman called police about the commotion. In a call posted on WEWS-TV, the caller told the 911 operator, “She was pretty upset. I just kept walking just in case something was about to happen.”

Police Sgt. James Elchlinger said he was able to determine that the item was one-of-a-kind and belonged to Carter. Police were checking for a theft/loss report.

Robinson has an unlisted phone and could not be reached for comment Friday on the initial findings by police in Wadsworth, located west of Akron and about 30 miles south of Cleveland.

Carter, who wasn’t home at the time of the incident Wednesday, cited the ongoing investigation and declined comment Friday through James’ spokesman, Keith Estabrook.

http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/4861472

Associated Press

WADSWORTH — A woman who tried to sell a $10,000 pendant stolen from a LeBron James business partner is a suspect in the case, police said.

The police incident report obtained Friday identified Vaneisha Robinson, 19, of Akron, as a suspect in the receiving stolen property investigation but didn’t elaborate. No immediate arrests were made and police didn’t immediately return calls Friday.

The white gold diamond-studded pendant is in the shape of James’ basketball jersey. Maverick O. Carter, the CEO for James’ marketing company, says it was stolen from him three years ago.

Robinson, an amateur boxer, said she bought it four years ago for $5 at a yard sale, recently got it appraised and put it for sale on eBay. She was on TV in Cleveland on Tuesday discussing her surprise at its value.

One day later, she received a call and was invited to the Carter house and was told James would be there to make a pendant offer she couldn’t refuse.

But James wasn’t there and a crowd of eight or nine people forced her to give up the pendant, she said. “I was scared for my life,” Robinson told WEWS-TV.

“They pretty much accused me, they threatened me,” Robinson said. “They told us that we weren’t going anywhere until they got that pendant.”

A woman called police about the commotion. In a call posted on WEWS-TV, the caller told the 911 operator, “She was pretty upset. I just kept walking just in case something was about to happen.”

Police Sgt. James Elchlinger said he was able to determine that the item was one-of-a-kind and belonged to Carter. Police were checking for a theft/loss report.

Robinson has an unlisted phone and could not be reached for comment Friday on the initial findings by police in Wadsworth, located west of Akron and about 30 miles south of Cleveland.

Carter, who wasn’t home at the time of the incident Wednesday, cited the ongoing investigation and declined comment Friday through James’ spokesman, Keith Estabrook.

http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/4861472

Something stinks somewhere with this story. I am on the woman's side. If it was stolen, then where in the Hell is the police report? It's all starting to come out now about what a douche Lebron really is, and the people who surrounded him! We don't need his punk @$$ in NE Ohio! He'll get his ring in Miami, but in the end, karma is a b***! I hope he enjoys not being able to come back, or be welcome in his hometown again!

Something stinks somewhere with this story. I am on the woman's side. If it was stolen, then where in the Hell is the police report? It's all starting to come out now about what a douche Lebron really is, and the people who surrounded him! We don't need his punk @$$ in NE Ohio! He'll get his ring in Miami, but in the end, karma is a b***! I hope he enjoys not being able to come back, or be welcome in his hometown again!

Why would he come back? He has no loyalty to anything/place/body and just bought a 50 million dollar mansion in Florida. 8 bedrooms and 11 baths. It's right on the water too. He ain't coming back and that's fine with me.

Why would he come back? He has no loyalty to anything/place/body and just bought a 50 million dollar mansion in Florida. 8 bedrooms and 11 baths. It's right on the water too. He ain't coming back and that's fine with me.

What a dumbass buying a 50 million dollar masion on the water? I guess he was too dumb to realize that South Florida is one of the most hurricane prone regions on the east coast.

What a dumbass buying a 50 million dollar masion on the water? I guess he was too dumb to realize that South Florida is one of the most hurricane prone regions on the east coast.

A popular joke among NBA folks is that with all the angst LeBron James has created among people this summer, he'll have to comfort himself on his gigantic bed of money. And according to Life and Style Magazine via AOL FanHouse, that bed of money will have quite a bit of room for a chair and ottoman of cash as well.

The magazine reports that James has begun finishing paperwork on buying his new home in Miami for the very reasonable price tag of ... $49.5 million dollars. The house features a 12 camera security system, a guest suite with a tennis court, and a gym inside the master bedroom. Because really, if you want to get in some reps, you don't want to go through the effort of walking anywhere.

The beachfront house used to be owned by Pat Riley, continuing the theme of Riley glad-handing James whatever he wants or needs to smooth the way for his transition to Miami.

It's good to know that in these troubled times, some people are still getting by with the essentials. Like a beachfront house with a gym in the bedroom.

Archived