THE BROWNS BOARD

Z follows

why cant we win

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5377012

MIAMI -- Zydrunas Ilgauskas is following LeBron James to the Miami Heat.

"Once LeBron signed there, LeBron started recruiting him," said Herb Rudoy, Ilgauskas' agent, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, which first reported the move.

The veteran center, who started playing for Cleveland in 1997 and has never suited up for another NBA team, expects to sign a two-year contract with the Heat later this week, Rudoy said Tuesday. The two-year deal would come with a player option for the second season, Rudoy said.

"We've agreed to agree," Rudoy said.

The Heat had no immediate comment. They had talks about acquiring Ilgauskas when he was available this past season after being dealt in a three-team trade to Washington. The Wizards subsequently bought out his contract and made him a free agent.

Ilgauskas is the Cavs' career leader in games played, blocked shots and rebounds. The 7-foot-3 Lithuanian was drafted by the club in 1996 and overcame serious foot injuries that nearly ended his career.

He's just the latest name to join what shapes up as a serious title contender in Miami, joining not only James but Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller, who agreed to a deal late last week that remains unsigned.

"His best chance to win a championship would be in Miami," Rudoy said.

Ilgauskas told Cavs owner Dan Gilbert and general manager Chris Grant the news on Tuesday. James played a role in luring Ilgauskas to Miami, and other teams were interested as well.

Ilgauskas was immensely popular in Cleveland, and expects to keep a home in the city.

"It's hard," Rudoy said. "It's been 14 years. It was very hard for him. I know that. When he called Chris Grant and Dan Gilbert today, it was definitely a hard decision at this stage of his career. But he wants to win a championship. That's how he made this decision."

Playing as a reserve for the first time, Ilgauskas averaged 7.4 points and 5.4 rebounds last season. For his career, Ilgauskas has averaged 13.8 points and 7.7 rebounds, plus has played in two All-Star games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5377012

MIAMI -- Zydrunas Ilgauskas is following LeBron James to the Miami Heat.

"Once LeBron signed there, LeBron started recruiting him," said Herb Rudoy, Ilgauskas' agent, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, which first reported the move.

The veteran center, who started playing for Cleveland in 1997 and has never suited up for another NBA team, expects to sign a two-year contract with the Heat later this week, Rudoy said Tuesday. The two-year deal would come with a player option for the second season, Rudoy said.

"We've agreed to agree," Rudoy said.

The Heat had no immediate comment. They had talks about acquiring Ilgauskas when he was available this past season after being dealt in a three-team trade to Washington. The Wizards subsequently bought out his contract and made him a free agent.

Ilgauskas is the Cavs' career leader in games played, blocked shots and rebounds. The 7-foot-3 Lithuanian was drafted by the club in 1996 and overcame serious foot injuries that nearly ended his career.

He's just the latest name to join what shapes up as a serious title contender in Miami, joining not only James but Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller, who agreed to a deal late last week that remains unsigned.

"His best chance to win a championship would be in Miami," Rudoy said.

Ilgauskas told Cavs owner Dan Gilbert and general manager Chris Grant the news on Tuesday. James played a role in luring Ilgauskas to Miami, and other teams were interested as well.

Ilgauskas was immensely popular in Cleveland, and expects to keep a home in the city.

"It's hard," Rudoy said. "It's been 14 years. It was very hard for him. I know that. When he called Chris Grant and Dan Gilbert today, it was definitely a hard decision at this stage of his career. But he wants to win a championship. That's how he made this decision."

Playing as a reserve for the first time, Ilgauskas averaged 7.4 points and 5.4 rebounds last season. For his career, Ilgauskas has averaged 13.8 points and 7.7 rebounds, plus has played in two All-Star games.

No big loss. He's washed up.

Well that sucks. There goes my favorite Cav. He's like me, tall white and not great at anything but good at a bunch of shit, oh and he's loyal.... God damnit.

hes still one of the great cavs that we have had and one of the most loyal

Utterly different situation than LeBron. If LBJ had stuck it out for 14 seasons and still no ring, we would have all said bye and God Bless.

Just wish he wouldn't have followed the Traitor to Miami.

LeBron James the Recruiter Targets Jawad Williams

Over the last two weeks, LeBron James has turned into an epic Voltron of Urban Myer, John Calipari and Korn Ferry International when it comes to recruiting players to join him in Miami. Not long after locking up veterans Mike Miller and Zyrdunas Ilgauskas, James has reportedly set his sights on a younger player in Cleveland’s Jawad Williams.

Unlike Miller and Ilgauskas, Williams is a restricted free agent which allows the Cavaliers to match any offers made by the Heat. Given the differing salary cap situations of the two franchises and the fact that Williams would be in for key minutes at the small forward position in 2010-11, it is anticipated that the Cavaliers would match any realistic offer that the Cleveland product would receive.

Cavs fans may be able to let go of Ilgauskas given what he has done for the franchise over the last 14 seasons, but this move will undoubtedly not sit well. As a Western Conference executive told The Plain Dealer’s Brian Windhorst earlier this week, James has done “more recruiting in the last five days than he did in the last three years.” Given that Williams is from the Glenville area and went to St. Ed’s for high school, this report definitely hits closer to home.

Williams averaged 4.2 points, 1.5 rebounds in 13 minutes per game in 2009-10. He played in 54 games, essentially fighting for minutes and a rotation spot with Jamario Moon. It is assumed that James’ exit will allow considerable playing time for both players in 2010-11.

Missing out on free agent after free agent in Cleveland, Danny Ferry was forced to make trades to acquire assets. With James waiting until July 8 to make his announcement, the team missed out on several possible additions who had agreed to terms with other teams. Chris Grant and his staff made a qualified offer to point guard Kyle Lowry, but the Houston Rockets were quick to match.

The Cavaliers have been rumored to be interested in point guards Michael Conley and Ramon Sessions. Other names that have recently been added to the mix are swingmen Ronald “Flip” Murray, Ronnie Brewer, Antoine Wright and Rasual Butler.

Over the last two weeks, LeBron James has turned into an epic Voltron of Urban Myer, John Calipari and Korn Ferry International when it comes to recruiting players to join him in Miami. Not long after locking up veterans Mike Miller and Zyrdunas Ilgauskas, James has reportedly set his sights on a younger player in Cleveland's Jawad Williams.

Unlike Miller and Ilgauskas, Williams is a restricted free agent which allows the Cavaliers to match any offers made by the Heat. Given the differing salary cap situations of the two franchises and the fact that Williams would be in for key minutes at the small forward position in 2010-11, it is anticipated that the Cavaliers would match any realistic offer that the Cleveland product would receive.

Cavs fans may be able to let go of Ilgauskas given what he has done for the franchise over the last 14 seasons, but this move will undoubtedly not sit well. As a Western Conference executive told The Plain Dealer's Brian Windhorst earlier this week, James has done "more recruiting in the last five days than he did in the last three years." Given that Williams is from the Glenville area and went to St. Ed's for high school, this report definitely hits closer to home.

Williams averaged 4.2 points, 1.5 rebounds in 13 minutes per game in 2009-10. He played in 54 games, essentially fighting for minutes and a rotation spot with Jamario Moon. It is assumed that James' exit will allow considerable playing time for both players in 2010-11.

Missing out on free agent after free agent in Cleveland, Danny Ferry was forced to make trades to acquire assets. With James waiting until July 8 to make his announcement, the team missed out on several possible additions who had agreed to terms with other teams. Chris Grant and his staff made a qualified offer to point guard Kyle Lowry, but the Houston Rockets were quick to match.

The Cavaliers have been rumored to be interested in point guards Michael Conley and Ramon Sessions. Other names that have recently been added to the mix are swingmen Ronald "Flip" Murray, Ronnie Brewer, Antoine Wright and Rasual Butler.

I loved your Korn Ferry International statement. Too KOOL! As far as Z, it is a good thing he is going. Doing the Cavs a favor. Like Diehard said he is washed up. We npw need to remake and rebuild the team. Keeping a 13 year vet who was never better than average at best is about the worst thing the Cavs can do.

Get Young and work smart and get some great drafts..........

Korn Ferry International..........do you have contacts who are bribable, if yes we got a client or job for you

Over the last two weeks, LeBron James has turned into an epic Voltron of Urban Myer, John Calipari and Korn Ferry International when it comes to recruiting players to join him in Miami. Not long after locking up veterans Mike Miller and Zyrdunas Ilgauskas, James has reportedly set his sights on a younger player in Cleveland’s Jawad Williams.

Cavs fans may be able to let go of Ilgauskas given what he has done for the franchise over the last 14 seasons, but this move will undoubtedly not sit well. As a Western Conference executive told The Plain Dealer’s Brian Windhorst earlier this week, James has done “more recruiting in the last five days than he did in the last three years.” Given that Williams is from the Glenville area and went to St. Ed’s for high school, this report definitely hits closer to home.

Williams averaged 4.2 points, 1.5 rebounds in 13 minutes per game in 2009-10. He played in 54 games, essentially fighting for minutes and a rotation spot with Jamario Moon. It is assumed that James’ exit will allow considerable playing time for both players in 2010-11.

The Cavaliers have been rumored to be interested in point guards Michael Conley and Ramon Sessions. Other names that have recently been added to the mix are swingmen Ronald “Flip” Murray, Ronnie Brewer, Antoine Wright and Rasual Butler.

Not only did he hold Cleveland hostage and make us miss all the free agents... now he is trying to get all our players too? I hope he breaks something vital and soon. Hell, I wouldn't shed a tear for an auto accident. FU Lebron

trolls.jpg

Is this code, for I have no argument? I can assure you that I'm not trolling. I wanted to see the Cavs win a championship instead of watching Kobe and his under-bite celebrate again but no one wins without help. Fact is that Cleveland couldn't surround him with quality talent. How many of Lebron's teammates even made the AS game? Now he is going to play with talent in Miami. I can't really blame a guy for that. That being said, he could have went about the situation in an entirely different fashion and made himself look a bit less like an egomaniac while destroying Cleveland basketball.

Is this code, for I have no argument? I can assure you that I'm not trolling. I wanted to see the Cavs win a championship instead of watching Kobe and his under-bite celebrate again but no one wins without help. Fact is that Cleveland couldn't surround him with quality talent. How many of Lebron's teammates even made the AS game? Now he is going to play with talent in Miami. I can't really blame a guy for that. That being said, he could have went about the situation in an entirely different fashion and made himself look a bit less like an egomaniac while destroying Cleveland basketball.

How do you have the best record in the NBA two years in a row and not have talent? Look at what we did to the Lakers on Christmas... IN LA! Lebron totally threw the playoffs. Watch the tapes. He rigged the games. He is scum.

I think we are way overboard when we start talking about James rigging games.

Phil Savage wasn't right about a lot of things, but I think he was right on when he said we have to get over this 'Woe is me attitude" .

I think we are way overboard when we start talking about James rigging games.

Phil Savage wasn't right about a lot of things, but I think he was right on when he said we have to get over this 'Woe is me attitude" .

Agreed we have to let it go and move on- BUT LeBron's antics since he left sure leave credence to W's article on Yahoo sports that LBJ never wanted to be here in the first place. Why all the recruiting now instead of when it would have really mattered a couple of weeks ago? "Supposedly" he talked to Bosh- did he try to get Wade to come to Cleveland? How about Boozer?

If he was odds on leaving he should have had the decency (as Bosh did in Toronto) to at least say he was seriously considering it. Yup, if the talent wasn't good enough in Cleveland, then why does LeBron all of a sudden want it in Miami? Admittedly Gilbert should have gotten the hint if the rumor is true that LeBron wasn't returning his phone calls.

I don't doubt he wanted to leave and it could very well be true he never wanted to play in Cleveland.

I also think he would have stayed here had Bosh agreed to come here.....but Bosh didn't want to play in Cleveland.

Face it...I bet there aren't all that many BB players who have viable options who want to play in Cleveland. The season starts when the weather starts to turn and ends as the weather gets better.

Quality of life plays a factor in where people want to live. Cleveland has a good quality of life outside of basketball season. During the season it has to rank pretty low on the quality scale.

How do you have the best record in the NBA two years in a row and not have talent? Look at what we did to the Lakers on Christmas... IN LA! Lebron totally threw the playoffs. Watch the tapes. He rigged the games. He is scum.

You can't compare the regular season with the playoffs. It is a totally different animal. I guess we will see how much talent Cleveland had around Lebron this season. What would be your guess for total wins for the Cavs sans Lebron?

You can't compare the regular season with the playoffs. It is a totally different animal. I guess we will see how much talent Cleveland had around Lebron this season. What would be your guess for total wins for the Cavs sans Lebron?

Well, I'd say having the best regular season record is a pretty good predictor of postseason success. The Cavs were the only team in NBA history to post back to back best regular season records and not win a Championship, much less not even win the Conference.

As to record, the Cavs NBA Power rankings sans LeQuit are #21. That would translate to about 35 wins. We'll see. Taking the long term view, a lottery pick may be the best thing that could happen to the Cavs.

Can we at least agree whether intentional or unintentional, LeBron's FA antics have royally screwed the Cavs for the upcoming season?

zitface pizza boy wont agree with anything on here. He is a troll. I bet he's a basement troll. Still in mommy's basement, can't even go live under a bridge yet.

Well, I'd say having the best regular season record is a pretty good predictor of postseason success. The Cavs were the only team in NBA history to post back to back best regular season records and not win a Championship, much less not even win the Conference.

As to record, the Cavs NBA Power rankings sans LeQuit are #21. That would translate to about 35 wins. We'll see. Taking the long term view, a lottery pick may be the best thing that could happen to the Cavs.

Can we at least agree whether intentional or unintentional, LeBron's FA antics have royally screwed the Cavs for the upcoming season?

While I agree the regular season sheds some light on how good a team can be it really doesn't mean much once the playoffs start. I honestly can't believe that you guys think that the Cavs talent compares with that of Boston or LA. It isn't even close, really.

There is no doubt that he hosed the Cavs. He should have handled the situation much differently and I question the competence of his handlers. The sad thing is, I don't know if James is intelligent enough to figure out how bad his PR team is screwing him. I'm not even sure he cares as long as they are stroking his ego.

All of that being said, I am still not sure how anyone can blame him for heading to Miami.

While I agree the regular season sheds some light on how good a team can be it really doesn't mean much once the playoffs start. I honestly can't believe that you guys think that the Cavs talent compares with that of Boston or LA. It isn't even close, really.

There is no doubt that he hosed the Cavs. He should have handled the situation much differently and I question the competence of his handlers. The sad thing is, I don't know if James is intelligent enough to figure out how bad his PR team is screwing him. I'm not even sure he cares as long as they are stroking his ego.

All of that being said, I am still not sure how anyone can blame him for heading to Miami.

Well, don't let facts get in the way of a good argument. Playoff seeding \ Championships looks like this data is only complete through 2004, but the #1 or #2 seed has won the championship 75% of the time. #4 or lower, forget it. Lowest ever to win? #6 (once)- and only two #4s or lower have even ever made the finals- last years Celts, and the #8 Knicks. So, if you're a #4 seed or lower, your odds of winning the title are about 2%. Sorry to inform you there sure is a real good correlation between regular season record and playoff success.

The Cavs misfortune this year was running into a team that happened to get red hot at the right time- just ask the Magic if you don't believe me. LeBron playing sub par for whatever reason in games 5 and 6, and Mike Brown being clueless in his matchups. Took him till game 6 to figure out Jamison couldn't guard Garnett, and Mo (Matador) Williams was helpless guarding Rondo.

LeQuit's blamed for leaving because he was the local hero. Promised to bring Cleveland a Championship, but when the going got tough- LeBron went. Bird was from Indiana, Jordan from North Carolina- follow? If LeBum had been from California, there wouldn't have been 1\2 the outrage. If you want to prove you're the best, beat the best, not cut and run to play with your pals.

Well, don't let facts get in the way of a good argument. Playoff seeding \ Championships looks like this data is only complete through 2004, but the #1 or #2 seed has won the championship 75% of the time. #4 or lower, forget it. Lowest ever to win? #6 (once)- and only two #4s or lower have even ever made the finals- last years Celts, and the #8 Knicks. So, if you're a #4 seed or lower, your odds of winning the title are about 2%. Sorry to inform you there sure is a real good correlation between regular season record and playoff success.

The Cavs misfortune this year was running into a team that happened to get red hot at the right time- just ask the Magic if you don't believe me. LeBron playing sub par for whatever reason in games 5 and 6, and Mike Brown being clueless in his matchups. Took him till game 6 to figure out Jamison couldn't guard Garnett, and Mo (Matador) Williams was helpless guarding Rondo.

LeQuit's blamed for leaving because he was the local hero. Promised to bring Cleveland a Championship, but when the going got tough- LeBron went. Bird was from Indiana, Jordan from North Carolina- follow? If LeBum had been from California, there wouldn't have been 1\2 the outrage. If you want to prove you're the best, beat the best, not cut and run to play with your pals.

I think Michael Jordan said something along those lines regarding Lebron's decision. He said he never called Bird, or Magic about playing with them, as he is a competitor and wanted to beat those guys. Lebron is a quitter! I hope he enjoys being Wade's bitch in Miami!

Magic had Kareem

Jordan had Pippen

Bird had McHale

Kobe had/has Shaq/Gasol

Now LeBron has some help.

LeBron doesnt have help Wade now has the help he needs dont forget he is going down to wades team its not lebrons team lebron isnt the number 1 guy down there and lebron will never be the number one guy again

I think Michael Jordan said something along those lines regarding Lebron's decision. He said he never called Bird, or Magic about playing with them, as he is a competitor and wanted to beat those guys. Lebron is a quitter! I hope he enjoys being Wade's bitch in Miami!

I'm guessing he may have been singing a different tune if he hadn't been playing with an all-star team in Chicago.

Archived