THE BROWNS BOARD

Roethlisberger possibly in trouble once again

dawgpound3

Well if you're in for a penny you are in for a # You won't win many friends coming here from baltiwhore :rolleyes:

You're hatred is certainly to be respected and I applaud it. I figured I'd see a "gang up on the Steeler fan" show but I'm glad to see your hate is all encompassing and that's how it should be. Mr. Raven is a total d-bag for thinking he was going to roll up in here and get some love because he joined in on the bash session. I personally can't wait to watch Boldin and Flacco get pasted on the regular.

Oh and fvck you both. Just trying to keep with the theme.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a equal opportunity hater . but the edge goes to squeeler pukes like you and your tweety-bird fans.

Haters gonna hate and you SHOULD hate me and the Steeler fan base more. I can also respect the hate but I'm not only here trolling and you continue to cry so I'll continue to stick around.

Homotron is gay . That is why his name is such . He used to be in the closet until the "semen scented farts " run him out . :o

Man how long did it take you to formulate that gem. Horrible sentence structure and everything. I didn't realize recess let out so early, I'll get you you're carton of milk and a warm cookie so you can piece together a few more kiddie insults. No you can't use the monkey bars.

Might as well add to the hate fest. While I strongly dislike the Steelers and Ravens, I think the edge goes to the Steelers. I mean really, how many Ravens fans are there in NE Ohio? I think I may have met two or three, and they are originally from Maryland anyway. Steelers fans however; are quite numerous in this region.

Can't stand the Bengals either.

what you want............good grammer or good taste ?

Seeing as you provide neither you'll have to go back to the drawing board and come up with something.

No one (except the Browns) bring up wins from the pre-Super Bowl era. Packers fans don't act all mighty becuase what they did before the Super Bowl exsisted. No one is saying what what happened before the Super Bowl doesn't count, but if you try to compare those championships to the Super Bowl, you are going to get some laughs.

No one brings up wins from the post Super Bowl era except Steeler fans. Steeler Super Bowl victories are no more nor less important than Browns pre-Super Bowl victories.

And you are dead double dumbass wrong about Packer fans. My wife's family if from Wisconsin. My father in law is a Packer fan, and my wife's other friends and family are Packer fans...and if they aren't talking about Brett Favre, they are talking about their 12 titles going all the way back to the 20s. THEY don't distinguish pre/post Super Bowl at all. One of my wife's oldest family friends lives right in Green Bay. In fact, it is probably ONLY Steeler fans who take the position you do..

No one brings up wins from the post Super Bowl era except Steeler fans. Steeler Super Bowl victories are no more nor less important than Browns pre-Super Bowl victories.

And you are dead double dumbass wrong about Packer fans. My wife's family if from Wisconsin. My father in law is a Packer fan, and my wife's other friends and family are Packer fans...and if they aren't talking about Brett Favre, they are talking about their 12 titles going all the way back to the 20s. THEY don't distinguish pre/post Super Bowl at all. One of my wife's oldest family friends lives right in Green Bay. In fact, it is probably ONLY Steeler fans who take the position you do.

yeah, except the 9'ers, the Cowboys, the Patriots.............u know............teams that actually have won multiple superbowls.

yeah, they talk about post super bowl era wins here and there.

oh, and GB's fanbase gets a pass for 2 reasons. reason #1. the browns won all their championships in a league that only has one other surviving team that competed in that league.....the 49'ers. so the only people you can pull those cracker jack titles out on is san fran fans. #2 GB fans don't (no matter what u say, i have family in the GB area who are lifelong packer fans) tout their pre SB championships in the same league as winning a SB.......they don't even try to compare them, they just look upon them both with the same amount of fondness. fondness.......not equality. they aren't stupid and they know a lombardi is a lot harder to come by.

that's why you have however many titles you have in your defuct league and none of the SB victories.

different calliber of competition.

yeah, except the 9'ers, the Cowboys, the Patriots.............u know............teams that actually have won multiple superbowls.

Well, those teams never won a title of any kind before there was a Super Bowl. They, like the Steelers have nothing else to "talk" about. Take the Bears, Giants, Colts, etc. etc., teams who have won both post and pre 1966. Those fans don't differentiate. And that includes the Packer fans despite what you say below.

oh, and GB's fanbase gets a pass for 2 reasons.

I am not giving the Green Bay fanbase a pass for any bogus reason that you come up with just so you can support your delusion.

reason #1. the browns won all their championships in a league that only has one other surviving team that competed in that league.....the 49'ers. so the only people you can pull those cracker jack titles out on is san fran fans.

WTF does this have to do with Green Bay fans? The Browns won 4 titles in a league that merged with the NFL. YOU don't get to discredit it just because your prejudice is at play here. NO ONE gives a shit about you chasing your tail on this argument. The Browns also won 4 titles in the NFL. I suppose that league is bogus too.

Face it, the only reason you argue for discounting those titles if because the Browns won some and the Steelers didn't win diddly. That is the complete sum and substance of your argument, if you can even call it that.

#2 GB fans don't (no matter what u say, i have family in the GB area who are lifelong packer fans) tout their pre SB championships in the same league as winning a SB.......they don't even try to compare them, they just look upon them both with the same amount of fondness. fondness.......not equality. they aren't stupid and they know a lombardi is a lot harder to come by.

No matter what you say, you are wrong about GB fans. They don't compare them, they do compare them both with fondness and equality. I would be glad to take you to a Packer board for verification of this. Or to Green Bay.

And, by the way: a SB trophy may not in fact be harder to come by. Why? Because right now 37.5% of the teams in the NFL are invited to play in the tournament. When the Browns were winning their titles only 9% of the teams were invited to the tournament. You can't win a title if you can't play for it. Under the old rules, half the time the Steelers may not have even been invited to participate.

that's why you have however many titles you have in your defuct league and none of the SB victories.

Possibly: the competition back in the old days may in fact have been better.

oh, and GB's fanbase gets a pass for 2 reasons. reason #1. the browns won all their championships in a league that only has one other surviving team that competed in that league.....the 49'ers. so the only people you can pull those cracker jack titles out on is san fran fans. #2 GB fans don't (no matter what u say, i have family in the GB area who are lifelong packer fans) tout their pre SB championships in the same league as winning a SB.......they don't even try to compare them, they just look upon them both with the same amount of fondness. fondness.......not equality. they aren't stupid and they know a lombardi is a lot harder to come by.

The Browns embarrassed the Steelers for 25 years until Pittsburgh became steroid city. We had a great series record until Modell moved our team and to no surprise we've sucked a fat one since coming back with expansion talent.

The Browns embarrassed the Steelers for 25 years until Pittsburgh became steroid city. We had a great series record until Modell moved our team and to no surprise we've sucked a fat one since coming back with expansion talent.

You're a little slow aren't you? Even if we do factor in the supposed use of Steroids the Steelers still have more Lombardi's than the now lowly Browns. Funny that no major media outlet, league historian, sports professional places a astericks next to any of the Championships in the 70's. It should also be mentioned that the ONLY people that recognize the pre-super bowl era championships are the exact people I mention above. The day to day football masses that sit in front of the TV every Sunday could CARE LESS about pre-superbowl era wins. It's in no way shape or form a measuring stick for franchise success in this day and age. We live in a world of "what have you done for me lately" and the Browns have done absolutely nothing. Franchises are now marked by the LOMBARDI'S in their trophy case, not NFL Championships all of which occurred well before the refinement of the model athlete and the evolution of the league. Competition improves each and every year and the athletes coming out are bigger, faster, stronger more. Therefore winning a Super Bowl is certainly more challenging than winning a pre-era championship and that much is UNARGUABLE. Period. I guess at the very least Cleveland will always be able to live in the past. We have a couple of Super Bowls this decade to maintain our relevance.

You're a little slow aren't you? Even if we do factor in the supposed use of Steroids the Steelers still have more Lombardi's than the now lowly Browns. Funny that no major media outlet, league historian, sports professional places a astericks next to any of the Championships in the 70's. It should also be mentioned that the ONLY people that recognize the pre-super bowl era championships are the exact people I mention above. The day to day football masses that sit in front of the TV every Sunday could CARE LESS about pre-superbowl era wins. It's in no way shape or form a measuring stick for franchise success in this day and age. We live in a world of "what have you done for me lately" and the Browns have done absolutely nothing. Franchises are now marked by the LOMBARDI'S in their trophy case, not NFL Championships all of which occurred well before the refinement of the model athlete and the evolution of the league. Competition improves each and every year and the athletes coming out are bigger, faster, stronger more. Therefore winning a Super Bowl is certainly more challenging than winning a pre-era championship and that much is UNARGUABLE. Period. I guess at the very least Cleveland will always be able to live in the past. We have a couple of Super Bowls this decade to maintain our relevance.

Now if I can dumb it down for you............It's all footbal . It is totally in how you look at it and the views will not change .

LOL... Hilarious and Ridiculous. :lol:

I will Give it up to the Original Browns Fast start ...impressive indeed. They Lost Steam and then got Jacked to Baltimore as Modell wrongfully assumed You guys didnt care so much anymore. But the Browns of Today are the Expansion Browns.. the "New" Browns ... And So far embarrassed is a Good word to attach to the Franchise , So Yap about the Great Team you guys Used to have in Cleveland if you must. But ...Lets see if this New Franchise ever gets where it needs to be. Good luck... seriously. Thats my take on Cleveland Football.

I will Give it up to the Original Browns Fast start ...impressive indeed. They Lost Steam and then got Jacked to Baltimore as Modell wrongfully assumed You guys didnt care so much anymore. But the Browns of Today are the Expansion Browns.. the "New" Browns ... And So far embarrassed is a Good word to attach to the Franchise , So Yap about the Great Team you guys Used to have in Cleveland if you must. But ...Lets see if this New Franchise ever gets where it needs to be. Good luck... seriously. Thats my take on Cleveland Football.

Here's my take on Pittsburgh football.

It's over.

LOL... Hilarious and Ridiculous. :lol:

Why is that so funny? It's true you know, the Steelers sucked until the mid 70s when the steroid era kicked into high gear. Look at all the HOFers from those teams who are dying in their early 50s due to enlarged hearts and other cardiovascular problems. You must be one of those people who likes to pretend that the franchise's first year was when they drafted Bradshaw.

First off, it is NOT a "new" franchise. It is the same franchise that has been here since 1946. That is the legal status of things. There is no "original" or "new" Browns per se, though I understand that for ease of distinction, people that don't know better may look at it that way.

But really, what happened here is essentially the same thing that happened to the Indians: New ownership took over and this new Ownership (read Lerner or Dolan) has not done a very good job. No argument there for either team.

All teams are up and down at times. Gee, the Rams went to 2 Super Bowls, but last year they were 1-15. The New Orleans Saints were for decades one of the worst team in the league. What is their status now? Champions of the NFL.

That is just the way it is in the NFL. Thank goodness there is a system in place in this league where a small to medium market like Pittsburgh can compete with the likes of NYC, LA, or Chicago. If the NFL had the same system as say Baseball, the Steelers may be on a 17 year losing streak like the Pirates. As far as I am concerned the Pirates situation is terrible for baseball. As is the Indians who can only act as a farm team for teams in bigger markets. In the NFL, a team that is down can get back up, and a team that is up can go down just as well, whereas the Yankees can just buy their way out of any down spell.

In the NFL, a team that is down can get back up, and a team that is up can go down just as well, whereas the Yankees can just buy their way out of any down spell.

Unless you're the Detroit Lions. LOL! No, but seriously with the way the NFL is set up, and with parity any team can go from worst to first within a year. Randy is still finding his way, has the pockets, and is willing to pay. Same with Dan Gilbert. I hate the way MLB is set up, as it is an unfair advantage in favor of the big market teams. But how long are we going to use that excuse? Dick Jacobs was able to win when he owned the team. But back to Randy, and the struggles the Browns have had since they came back in 1999. If Al Lerner was still alive, do you think this team would have been so pathetic as it has been? I really believe that prior to his passing the team was heading in the right direction.

Again, you are wrong about many things you state here.

First off, most people care about as much for Super Bowls won in the 70s as they do about NFL titles won in the 50s. To younger people there is no difference in their minds about them. They don't sit around and think that there is any fundamental difference between the Green Bay Packer title win in 1965 and the one won in 1966 or 1967.

The size, strength etc. of players are more now than before the Super Bowl began, but here is a clue for you: The size strength, speed etc. or the athletes of the 70s was almost exactly the same as it was for athletes of the 50s.

The fact is the 70s Steelers were far far more like the 50s Browns than they are like the 2000's Steelers. (The 70s Steelers were patterned after the 50s Browns, after all, Chuck Noll is a disciple of Paul Brown. They basically used the same system).

As far as "which eras" titles are more challenging, lets just say that I think it is about equal.

When the Browns won their last title only 2, that's T-W-O teams made the playoffs in a 14 team league, or 14.2% of the teams. Now, in a 32 team league 12 teams make the playoffs or 37.5%. You can't win if you don't get in.

If only 14.2% of the 32 teams now made the playoffs, that would mean only 4.5 teams of the 32 would get in.

Put it this way, if they just eliminated wild cards, it is quite possible that the following SB winners would have actually been denied the opportunity to play for a title: the 2007 Giants, the 2005 Steelers, the 2001 Pats, the 2000 Ravens.

Yes, the tournament is longer, but if today they only invited 4 or 6 teams to play in that tournament, the way the did back then, it would be a lot tougher for those left out of the tournament to win it, now wouldn't it?

Unless you're the Detroit Lions. LOL! No, but seriously with the way the NFL is set up, and with parity any team can go from worst to first within a year. Randy is still finding his way, has the pockets, and is willing to pay. Same with Dan Gilbert. I hate the way MLB is set up, as it is an unfair advantage in favor of the big market teams. But how long are we going to use that excuse? Dick Jacobs was able to win when he owned the team. But back to Randy, and the struggles the Browns have had since they came back in 1999. If Al Lerner was still alive, do you think this team would have been so pathetic as it has been? I really believe that prior to his passing the team was heading in the right direction.

this team would be in much better shape if al were alive. we went from 2-14 expansion team in 1999 to barely missing the playoffs in 2001 to being a playoff team in 2002. it seems like we've been in a funk since his passing. just my 2 cents.

and i agree about the MLB to an extent, but with the right front-office personnel, any team can become a contender. look at how much the cincinnati reds have improved with walt jocketty as their GM.

The key in the NFL is proper management, scouting, and coaching. Not just having a bigger revenue stream.

And, congrats to the Rooneys, they HAVE done it with proper management, scouting, coaching. No one ever argued about that. The same has been true with the Patriots the last decade.

A guy like Jerry Jones wants to upset that apple cart, but he may be a fool who, if he gets what he asks for: a baseball type financial system, his franchise may end up looking more like the Texas Rangers, not the NY Yankees like he thinks.

He would get blown out by the bigger markets of NYC, Chicago, LA. (Yea, if it was a financial free for all, at least two teams would probably move to LA.....probably Jacksonville and...who knows.)

this team would be in much better shape if al were alive. we went from 2-14 expansion team in 1999 to barely missing the playoffs in 2001 to being a playoff team in 2002. it seems like we've been in a funk since his passing. just my 2 cents.

and i agree about the MLB to an extent, but with the right front-office personnel, any team can become a contender. look at how much the cincinnati reds have improved with walt jocketty as their GM.

Yes and Cincy is a much smaller market than Cleveland. The funk that you speak of is where I mentioned Randy learning the ropes and getting still trying to get his feet wet. Al Lerner's passing did not help in the aspect that Butch Davis went over the deep end. He had those 2001 and 2002 teams over achieving. Not a lot of talent, but a lot of heart. This team showed a lot of heart and chemistry at the end of last year. They finally came together, and I think that it is going to carry on into this season. I feel this team will over achieve, despite what the national publications are saying. I like that fact that we're under the radar. You also have to look at how many unhappy restricted free agents we had, and the whole ordeal with Joshua Cribbs prior to him getting his new contract. Some how, some way they got it done, and Cribbs is still here. Some how some way they were able to convince the restricted free agents to sign their 1 year tenders, and all intend to be at training camp. That would have never happened in 2004 or 2005. Hell, it probably wouldn't have happened in 2008 coming off of the 10-6 2007 season. This team is miles ahead of where it has been. We will be back to respectability very soon, and being mentioned in the same sentence as the Detroit Lions, will be an after thought!

Why is that so funny? It's true you know, the Steelers sucked until the mid 70s when the steroid era kicked into high gear. Look at all the HOFers from those teams who are dying in their early 50s due to enlarged hearts and other cardiovascular problems. You must be one of those people who likes to pretend that the franchise's first year was when they drafted Bradshaw.

LOL... Only in Bitter Browns land do I hear this incessant Crap. HILARIOUS indeed.

Archived