THE BROWNS BOARD

Fan base rankings

Kosarfan

Add or change the list as you think ....

The fans I can't handle are the gazilion BAND WAGONNERS that jumped on board and call themselves Patriot fans.

Fan ranks in my estimation, top to bottom:

#1 - Browns (have to to put up with the crap we've been handed)

#2 - Steelers

#3 - Green Bay

#4 - Giants

#5 - Panthers

Add to the list .....

Sorry to disappoint

But one and two are the Packers and Steelers the order is debatable with the Cowboys likely far behind with the Giants and Jets and Eagles and Redskins thereafter..................Browns and Raiders have fallen off a cliff

Sorry to disappoint

But one and two are the Packers and Steelers the order is debatable with the Cowboys likely far behind with the Giants and Jets and Eagles and Redskins thereafter..................Browns and Raiders have fallen off a cliff

I agree Rich...somehow being a fan is now viewed as being rude and ugly towards other fans.

I was in Nashville for the game this past weekend. I walked all around tailgate lots and didn't have people chanting "asshole" towards me....I didn't have people throwing stuff at me....everybody was very friendly and respectful.

It had been a while since I have been to another stadium for a game....though I have known it and have said so many time....it struck me like night and day on Sunday...Browns fans are some of the worst fans as far as their behavior.

I think one of the best things the city could do is to not open lots for tailgating until 4 hours before the scheduled kick-off like they do in other cities.

People have way too much time to get shit-hammered before games.

I was in Nashville for the game this past weekend. I walked all around tailgate lots and didn't have people chanting "asshole" towards me....I didn't have people throwing stuff at me....everybody was very friendly and respectful.

Why would they? Their team was 11-1 or something and our team was 4-8 going into that game. They were for sure going to smash us. There was no need for trash talk. Completely different situation than dealing with a fan base of frustrated, yet loyal fans who have support garbage products every year. Of course their anger will spew over onto the opponents fan base.

Of course -- quantity of fans means nothing in a fan base, because that is mostly a result of the frontrunner crowd jumping on winning teams. If you were judging by quantity of fans, I'd bet you could just go straight down the line of win % of that team and it would be almost directly correlated to number of fans because of the overwhelming frontrunner crowd of NFL fans. (Maybe besides the Browns, because they still have Backers worldwide regardless of win % -- which is why they are an easy number 1 on the list). It's all about quality, meaning loyalty and die-hard nature. The bests fans are...

1. Browns

2. Packers

3. Bills

4. Eagles

5. Steelers

Fan bases like Buffalo and Green Bay get knocked down a notch because they're almost fans by default -- it's the only thing to do in those towns.

And as everyone knows, the facts were written here regardless of what the Retards at ESPN say...

http://www.bizjournals.com/edit_special/43.html

How you can say the Steelers or Cowboys for the top spot is beyond me. As die-hard as the true fans of those teams are from the respective cities, the fan bases in total are made up in large part of bandwagon frontrunners. That has to knock them way down the chart. It's the only reason they have so many fans.

I don't know much about Panther fans, but I think Raider fans should be in the top 5. Probably something like this...

#1 - Browns

#2 - Steelers

#3 - Green Bay

#4 - Raiders

#5 - Eagles

Worst fans ever... they hide there jerseys in the hard times and pretend to watch the games in the good!

Yeah i live here in NC... aint no got dang way they deserve to be within 10 spot of us on that list!

Guest Aloysius

I went to a popular football site and checked which team boards had the most threads.

Here's the top 10 I came up with:

1. Packers

2. Vikings

3. Cowboys

4. Browns

5. 49ers

6. Raiders

7. Jets

8. Steelers

9. Titans

10. Lions

Worst fans ever... they hide there jerseys in the hard times and pretend to watch the games in the good!

Yeah i live here in NC... aint no got dang way they deserve to be within 10 spot of us on that list!

I agree - I heard very little talk of the Panthers in Charlotte until recently.

Add or change the list as you think ....

The fans I can't handle are the gazilion BAND WAGONNERS that jumped on board and call themselves Patriot fans.

Fan ranks in my estimation, top to bottom:

#1 - Browns (have to to put up with the crap we've been handed)

#2 - Steelers

#3 - Green Bay

#4 - Giants

#5 - Panthers

Add to the list .....

hahahaha man if you lived in charlotte you would know the panthers are at the bottom

Dream on.

There's no better fanbase than the Stiller Nation.

Nobody has more Steeler bars in cities across the world, no team has throngs of their fans showing up at all the road games and jerseys - wanna talk jerseys and bumperstickers?

I travel a lot. California, New Mexico, the Carolinas, Texas - outside of the towns that have NFL teams (and sometimes in them), I will see more cars with Steeler bumper stickers, vanity plates and people with Steeler jerseys on.

But hey - don't let me interrupt your mental masturbation, you may continue your regularly scheduled carrot waxing.

Regards

..... an'at

Oh chubby checker, how "no child left behind" has failed you in a big way.

Let the steelers fall on their faces for a few years and watch those bumper stickers and stooler bars go bye bye.

I would venture to say that 70% of those steeler fans outside of PA have become steeler fans in the past 10 years. And before being steeler fans, they were cowboy or 9er fans.

You guys have been solid for quite a while now, no doubt. But to point to a bunch of bandwagon fans as proof that you have superior fans is the bigger exercise in mental masturbation.

no, I think a better indication of the true grit of your fans can be found in that game vs jax last year where your stadium began emptying out with about 20 minutes left in the game. Guess it was a wee bit too cold for you fags.

Meanwhile where I live in Wilmington NC, we have 2 Browns backer bars here, as well as one in the mountains, and a browns backers bar just about anywhere you go in the country and the world.

As you were chubby checker, come back with some an'at's and yinzes and we'll call it a day, shall we?

And just like many of your brethren here, WRONG.

Go look up our continuous sold-out home game record. Go ahead, I dare ya.

Even during the 80's when we sucked like yinz do now - every game sold out. Hell, I had season tix during the 80's.

And, at no time did we ever litter the field with beer bottles. Yeah, I know - before you reply, beer dumped on Korky. Big deal - one douche. It's not like the whole stadium threw beer bottles at him, or dog biscuits or whatever.

Yeah, I know - you're trying to grasp onto something, something that yinz might have that would make your fan base even comparable to the Stiller Nation.

Keep grasping.

Regards

..... an'at

I agree Rich...somehow being a fan is now viewed as being rude and ugly towards other fans.

It had been a while since I have been to another stadium for a game....though I have known it and have said so many time....it struck me like night and day on Sunday...Browns fans are some of the worst fans as far as their behavior.

I think one of the best things the city could do is to not open lots for tailgating until 4 hours before the scheduled kick-off like they do in other cities.

People have way too much time to get shit-hammered before games.

That is interesting! I too was at the game Sunday in Nashville with two other Browns fans including Flugels and Titan/Brown fan. Too bad we never connected! We all noticed the same thing about them as being friendly politeful and respectful. Heck one young fan even said good luck to me wearing my favorite Willie Green jersey. Although a seven year old boy stuck his tongue out at me........the was the extent of the abuse I got in Nashville.

On bigger note about fandom. I was not addressing whose fans were most obnoxious or courteous or whatever. My opinion is who has the biggest and most loyal fan base. Steeler Chuck gets it........the Stillers are likely number one but I will allow the Packers to battle with them for that claim. I have been all over America the last number of years and spent nearly every Sunday in a sports bar somewhere viewing the games. Bottom line hands down .......no matter where the Steelers had the second biggest contingent after the home team of the area and if there was no home area they had the biggest contingent. That is certainly true every weekend here in Charlotte! Admitting being drugged is the first step to rehab............I think all of Browns Town needs to admit we been drugged and BSed for years!

What do the last two posts have to do with fans and loyal fans and fans all over the nation??????????? I will answer nothing!!! The numbers presented list the value of the franchise and that is based primarily on two things the local fan base and their monies and companies who pays for the tickets and the number of massively expensive loges those fans can buy. It has nothing to do with the number of fans around the nation who support those teams and pay virtually nothing for that privilege.

It does include local revenue and memorabilia revenue and competition locally to the franchise.................

duh who competes with the Cowboys for MID South and MIDWEST South fan revenue................oh yeah the Cardinals and the Texans.........nuff said

I have no idea why these numbers have any relevance as to whom has fans showing up everywhere at sports bars in our nation...............

and I CAN REASSURE THE STEELERS have more than anyone else..........cause I been there

I have no idea why these numbers have any relevance as to whom has fans showing up everywhere at sports bars in our nation...............

and I CAN REASSURE THE STEELERS have more than anyone else..........cause I been there

Dude, bars with guys dancing with each other aren't called sports bars.

That is interesting! I too was at the game Sunday in Nashville with two other Browns fans including Flugels and Titan/Brown fan.

Well thanks a lot!

I was at the Hilton bar to watch the Gators...went up to the room to take a shower, and was at Tootsies by 11 after a stop at Roberts.

I talked to Flugs...but he didn't sound very motivated to meet....I was on Legends Corner until 2:30 AM with some friends on another board.

I wish I would have known.

Well thanks a lot!

I was at the Hilton bar to watch the Gators...went up to the room to take a shower, and was at Tootsies by 11 after a stop at Roberts.

I talked to Flugs...but he didn't sound very motivated to meet....I was on Legends Corner until 2:30 AM with some friends on another board.

I wish I would have known.

We were at the Hilton Bar watching the Gators getting our ears blown off as well..............hmmmmmmmmmmm.........we probably passed each other.........my biker friend Dave with the long beard and hair was with me.......looked like he came out of a cave.......I was the dumb looking guy with the red hat with the O on it...........with him and flugs

Here's a link to an article from ESPN back in August that ranked the NFL fan bases. Decent article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/co...tory?id=3530077

Pretty accurate I would say...........tanks

I saw a couple that fit the description...I was sitting at the bar...3 from the end..the side of the bar facing the street...a girl and her boyfriend were sitting next to me...they were rooting for the Gators as well. I was wearing my blue Gator hat.

I think you guys were standing right behind me for a while.

I saw a couple that fit the description...I was sitting at the bar...3 from the end..the side of the bar facing the street...a girl and her boyfriend were sitting next to me...they were rooting for the Gators as well. I was wearing my blue Gator hat.

I think you guys were standing right behind me for a while.

I missed that but we missed an opportunity

and brittney spears sells a lot of albums>>>your stiller gear/national bars etc means nothing>>the lemming award has no merit in this discussion.

here's why the Browns are at or near the top. dawg the BH had a decent list.

Bills fans have much class.

and Kansas City is in there somewhere too.

Bears make my top ten also.

panthers fans are rarely in attendance--the stands are filled w/ corporate psl's. just faces in a crowd, nothing much more.

Cleveland is No #1 in rankings of NFL fan loyalty. ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14686579/ )

The Cleveland Browns stumbled to a 6-10 record last year, their third straight losing season. Browns Stadium was sold out for every game.

The Kansas City Chiefs entered the season with high hopes, but missed the playoffs for the second year in a row. Arrowhead Stadium was sold out for every game.

The Philadelphia Eagles plummeted to a 6-10 mark, their worst since 1999. Lincoln Financial Field was sold out for every game.

Such steadfast support is the reason why Cleveland, Kansas City and Philadelphia are 1-2-3 in Bizjournals's new rankings of National Football League fan loyalty. (Click here for the top-to-bottom standings of all 32 teams.)

The study set out to identify the NFL's best fans. Not the ones who turn out in strong numbers for a winning team, but the ones who stay loyal even if their team is losing, the weather is frightful or their local market is small.

Cleveland fans earned first place by routinely packing their 73,000-seat stadium despite the dismal play of the Browns — who have won only 36 of 112 games since 1999 — and a climate that is among the coldest in the league.

List Of Entire Loyal Fans Rank ! ( http://www.bizjournals.com/specials/pages/34.html )

It is kind of humorous that an opposing fan comes on OUR message board and tries to talk about fan loyalty. The fact is, with our current record...and the recent (since the Baltimore fiasco) history for the Browns...there can be no doubt about the loyalty of anyone posting here on this board declaring themselves a Browns fan.

Now, if the team you root for is winning...and especially if it has been winning for some time....it is valid to question a fan's loyalty....when they became a fan....what BAD TIMES have they gone through with the team....etc....

Although not ALL Steeler fans are bandwagoners....it is pretty fair to assume that there is at least a decent number of them sitting in the stands on any given Sunday due to the recent successes.

I will put money that there isn't a SINGLE bandwagon fan of the Browns sitting in the stands in Cleveland.

Archived