THE BROWNS BOARD

Jerry Lewis

Cowsrus

I hope this fits in here. I'm usually not one for starting topics but wanted to hear what some of you may think. For the past 2-3 months, I have been reintroducing myself to Jerry Lewis. I have watched some of my favorites like the Geisha Boy, The Family Jewels and The Nutty Professor amongst others. I get them from the library mostly through Search Ohio. I have also had the privilege to see all of the Colgate Comedy Hour shows he did in the 50's with Dean Martin, a bit before my time but they've held up. I have to say, I have never laughed so hard in my life! With many of the movies I like to listen to the commentary with Jerry. I like to hear how things were done and why. But listening to Jerry constantly pat himself on the back and listening to him refere to himself in the 3rd person is a bit more than I can take BUT, I have really come to see by watching more closely to these movies and the Colgate Comedy hour what an absolutely amazing comedian/actor he was and when he was with Dean, it was unbelieveable to say the least. The chemistry was unbelieveable. I have always enjoyed his movies but I now have a new appreciation for his work. As a person he's a major league jerk but as a comedian/actor, excellent. I am having a ball exposing a new generation (my son) to this form of comedy. And he is enjoying it immensely. You don't have to have violence and foul language to be funny. Open your mind to the classics. It takes me back to when I was younger and those movies would be on on the weekend. I have not seen a Jerry Lewis movie on TV in eons and since I started with this Martin/Lewis fest, I have seen 3. 2 of which I have not seen before, The Patsy and 3 On A Couch.

So, what I want to know is this: what do you think of Jerry Lewis and his work and what is your favorite Lewis movie or show? And thanks for reading this, I didn't realize how long I had gone on. I think I may have developed a small crush on Jerry, eek. And if you ever get the chance and have not ever seen The Colgate Comedy Hour with Martin and Lewis, you need to. You'll laugh your ass off. I promise. :lol: And Dean didn't get the credit he deserved!!!

Heidi

I loved Jerry Lewis movies.

The Caddy

You're Never Too Young

Sailor Beware

Living It Up

Just a few off the top of my head.

Ah yes, You're Never To Young. Aunt Nancy lol. I like Living It Up too but haven't seen it in a while and it's hard to find. I've never seen Sailor Beware though.

Archived