THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns pants are back for the 2010 season.

dawgpound3

Madden may not be a reliable source but those pants are coming back. Why wouldn't they? They look good, and they already have them made up and paid for. They're coming back. It's part of a long phasing in process of changing the unis. Some Browns fans need baby steps when it comes to change, and these pants are the first baby steps in the modernization of the unis, in my opinion. And it's about time.

Madden may not be a reliable source but those pants are coming back. Why wouldn't they? They look good, and they already have them made up and paid for. They're coming back. It's part of a long phasing in process of changing the unis. Some Browns fans need baby steps when it comes to change, and these pants are the first baby steps in the modernization of the unis, in my opinion. And it's about time.

Uh, ya, sure. :rolleyes:

keep fluffing the shitty uniforms and i'll keep deducting points.

They don't look good at all. They look like garbage. And it is not because I am opposed to change necessarily (though I am not sure why there would be a compunction to change....other than to artificially create a market for new apparell sales). I have seen others propose quality changes to the Browns unis that look good. These look like shit.

It's a matter of opinion of course but I like the brown pants.

And I think you're in the minority there. The Brown pants are too plain- and as others have stated, they're pretty ugly to boot. Not that it matters because the Browns usually win the "ugliest uniforms in the NFL" award.

Hey, those colors look good to me in almost any combo, because I have a visceral happy reaction to them. Deepest brown is one of my favorite colors. And because we're the Browns, not the Oranges, I like seeing more brown and less orange.

So... I like the pants.

Hey, those colors look good to me in almost any combo, because I have a visceral happy reaction to them. Deepest brown is one of my favorite colors. And because we're the Browns, not the Oranges, I like seeing more brown and less orange.

So... I like the pants.

I've always liked the color scheme of brown and orange as well. I lean more toward orange, but not so much the orange jerseys.

This tells us nothing because Madden, like all other sports games, is based off of the previous year. This means that Madden 11 player ratings, uniforms, ect. are based on what happened in the 09-10 season.. So the brown pants are on there because we wore them this past year..

The Madden developers go off this year's style guide. Last year, the browns pant weren't in Madden 10. So we are going to wear them this year.

Yes it's a video game but it's a simulation and you can be rest assured the Browns have communicated to the NFL about uniform changes etc. Madden has the NFL license so while it's easy to cast this off as any sort of indication for a reemergence of the pants it's not out of the question that this representation is accurate. They aren't going to put the pants in the game, at least in the game from a "demo" stand point if the pants aren't going to be used.

[/img]

I dont understand the hoopla about the brown pants. IMO they look good with the white jerseys. Whats so ugly about them? Why are white jerseys with brown pants so much worse than brown jerseys and white pants?

Let me put it this way: It isn't necessarily the color brown itself, its just that these pants make them look like they are playing in some kind of men's ballet tights. They just have to add a tutu and they would look real "sweet" sweetie, you know what I mean.

Someone here ahwile back before I joined put together a few mock ups of the uniform with several different combos using the orange jersey, orange pants, brown pants, ect...which I thought was really cool, and whoever did it should be working for the Browns! I would like to see that again if possible. I think if the Brown pants had a stripe it wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind some alternate versions of the uniform like the mock ups done awhile back, as long as it didn't stray to far from the concept, and by all means.... NO STINKIN' LOGO ON THE HELMET!!!!

Someone here ahwile back before I joined put together a few mock ups of the uniform with several different combos using the orange jersey, orange pants, brown pants, ect...which I thought was really cool, and whoever did it should be working for the Browns! I would like to see that again if possible. I think if the Brown pants had a stripe it wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind some alternate versions of the uniform like the mock ups done awhile back, as long as it didn't stray to far from the concept, and by all means.... NO STINKIN' LOGO ON THE HELMET!!!!

i agree, djd. a stripe would make the brown pants look good.

As a staunch supporter of the solid brown pants I have to say, a stripe on them would look pretty sweet. A triple stripe; white in the middle and orange on the outsides of the stripe. It's classy and old school. Not bad at all.

As a staunch supporter of the solid brown pants I have to say, a stripe on them would look pretty sweet. A triple stripe; white in the middle and orange on the outsides of the stripe. It's classy and old school. Not bad at all.

Right... that is what I'm talking about. I'm more partial to the orange pants (not so much the orange jerseys), but I would love to see the Browns alternate combos a lot more, again without deviating too much from the tradition.

Well, a stripe on them would prevent them from looking like fairy tights.

I mean, right now, all they are missing is a codpiece.

Is this what you wanted to see?

ClevelandBrowns-4.png

Archived