THE BROWNS BOARD

This Day in History......

Mr. T

SPAM Introduced into the Market (1937)

Introduced in 1937 by the Hormel Foods Corporation as "Hormel Spiced Ham," the precooked, canned-meat product was renamed "SPAM" when it began to lose market share. SPAM is now popular worldwide and is sold in more than 40 countries, including South Korea, where it is said to be so popular that it is sometimes given as a gift. The product has become a part of pop culture as the butt of many jokes and urban legends about mystery meat. What ingredients are used to make SPAM?

spam02.jpg

After 1 1/2 years in Vietnam, there are 3 things I will never eat again...white rice, powdered eggs, & Spam....I absolutely DETEST those 3 items (I CAN'T call them food).

Mike

After 1 1/2 years in Vietnam, there are 3 things I will never eat again...white rice, powdered eggs, & Spam....I absolutely DETEST those 3 items (I CAN'T call them food).

Mike

Love Japanese style sticky rice and spam. Spam fried rice is great. Powdered eggs suck.

Mike

When I have you over, is it okay if I use food coloring in the chicken and rice? GGG

Mike

When I have you over, is it okay if I use food coloring in the chicken and rice? GGG

SURE! I actually like a lot of flavored rice pilaf type dishes.

Mike

Archived