THE BROWNS BOARD

Harrison MRI

WPB Dawg Fan

Harrison had an MRI on his ribs yesterday. So far no results...but didn't sound hopeful.

Sounds like Wright and Cribbs will be in the backfield in his stead...here is a blurb from ClevelandBrowns.com:

Crennel said Monday that Cribbs, who was the Browns' leading rusher with 24 yards in six carries on Sunday while lining up as quarterback, would have a bigger role in these final three games because of the way he sparked the team against the Titans.

Hopefully that means as RB as well as QB....maybe even a few more passes.

I wouldn't mind Cribbs at qb....LOL...who knows....maybe permanent.

Spread it out, give him some space to run and space to throw.

Sounds exciting to me.

The worst that happens is we lose a game. The upside is maybe we set a trend...about time the Browns did that again.

A little more on RAC's comments on Cribbs:

"It looked like Cribbs was a spark, and so I think that we'll have to give him a chance to be more of a spark and try to manage his other duties as well," Crennel said. "That's what I think we can do there."

Cribbs rushed six times out of the Flash package for 24 yards, a 4.0-yard average. He also connected with receiver Braylon Edwards on a deep sideline ball, but it was ruled out of bounds.

Advertisement

"[Cribbs] plays really hard," Crennel said. "He's got some talent, got some toughness, he's competitive, and so I think all those ingredients make for an exciting player. When he gets the ball under his arm, everybody is excited about it and what he's capable of because we've seen that he can run for touchdowns."

Crennel said he's instructed the coaching staff to figure out ways to help the team given the current circumstances, including being down to their third quarterback.

Would be nice if Harrison gets back and we can dump JL while spreading things out with him and Cribbs.

RAC has said that before. Look, when your starting RB is playing like shit, sit his ass down these last three games and play the younger guys. Do I want to play Cribbs at RB? Maybe. I don't want him busting a knee back there because a) it is not his natural position, and B) he is the best player we have on the team. Here is a thought - throw him the ball in space.

When RAC says he is going to get someone more involved, that means he is going to "try." He is not very good at "trying."

so we will get to see a last chance effort to secure fatty boys job while trying to be inventive on the offense for 1 Quarter and that will probably be all the entertainment value we get to watch on Monday Night

I say 1 quarter because after that fatty will be wanting to run the clock down so no one can watch his inept coaching ability.

jesus, who would have thought that this thread would have existed back before the preseason! I don't know, it has really hit home what a state we are in when you read the stuff we are discussing.

! we will be playing our 3rd string QB cos Anderson has screwed up games and his chances with the fans

! Quinn will come on as the great white hope and disappear with a bruised ego and knackered finger

! DA will come back, suck again and get cheered (by some) for getting a season ending injury

! Our star WR and pro bowl hero will catch bugger all all season

! Winslow the beast will not make an impact and give away more yards than he gained

! Our top rated OL will look avergae due to pressures on assignments, turnover of injuries and bad coaching

! Our new prize Corey Wiliams will hardly ever have his name mentioned in a big play

! JJ will miss the entire season

! Stallworth will prove to be a useless pussy and a waste of money

! JT will disappoint! (on his 07 form)

! We will win 1 game at home

! We will struggle, I mean fail, to score TDs game after game

BUT Dawson and Pontbriand reamain dependable heroes.

Ouch what a season.

Buy hey, I'll be back for more next year.

I wouldn't mind Cribbs at qb....LOL...who knows....maybe permanent.

Spread it out, give him some space to run and space to throw.

Sounds exciting to me.

The worst that happens is we lose a game. The upside is maybe we set a trend...about time the Browns did that again.

They've let Cribbs throw what? I think one pass so far? Teams see him lining up a qb, it's a running play. Earth to Romeo, how many times you need to run the guy to set up the occasional pass?

I agree, sit Jamal. He's lost his burst, if he ever had it. I can't blame it all on Jamal- for reasons unexplained, the o-line has gone to hell in one season.

I am just so pissed at Crennell, they can't ride him out of town fast enough. Day after the season is over, and sooner wouldn't upset me. We realistically have a chance to win one game- against the Bengals- and that might not even happen if Palmer (who has started throwing again- Bernie Kosar type elbow injury) plays. Romeo, we know the guys you're playing can't get it done- so why not see if the guys you're not playing can? Wonder what Savage thinks about not seeing Bell on the field. He gives up a future draft pick to get him, and Romeo sits his ass all year, just as he usually does with rookies.

They've let Cribbs throw what? I think one pass so far? Teams see him lining up a qb, it's a running play. Earth to Romeo, how many times you need to run the guy to set up the occasional pass?

I agree Hoorta....and unlike like what someone mentioned about Northcutt....Cribbs has legit QB skills.

I would work it where there was balance between him handing off, running, and passing the ball.

I agree....when Romeo talks, the only thing that comes out is smoke.....he's full of crap.

I would like to slap that guy in the back of the head.

jesus, who would have thought that this thread would have existed back before the preseason! I don't know, it has really hit home what a state we are in when you read the stuff we are discussing.

! we will be playing our 3rd string QB cos Anderson has screwed up games and his chances with the fans

! Quinn will come on as the great white hope and disappear with a bruised ego and knackered finger

! DA will come back, suck again and get cheered (by some) for getting a season ending injury

! Our star WR and pro bowl hero will catch bugger all all season

! Winslow the beast will not make an impact and give away more yards than he gained

! Our top rated OL will look avergae due to pressures on assignments, turnover of injuries and bad coaching

! Our new prize Corey Wiliams will hardly ever have his name mentioned in a big play

! JJ will miss the entire season

! Stallworth will prove to be a useless pussy and a waste of money

! JT will disappoint! (on his 07 form)

! We will win 1 game at home

! We will struggle, I mean fail, to score TDs game after game

BUT Dawson and Pontbriand reamain dependable heroes.

Ouch what a season.

But hey, I'll be back for more next year.

Yeah, payback is hell. We used up all of our luck in the '07 season:

! You know that first round draft pick from ND? Heck with him, we'll coin flip between '06 starter and a scrap heap QB from the Ravens - but hang in there, despite this stumble, we'll be OK

! The winner of the coin flip will get traded and the loser will start game 2, we'll still be OK

! Now we begin, the Raven scrap heap QB will have a career year

! 10 win season (didn't see that coming)

! Lowest IR in the league

! Lucky to draw a bunch of crappy teams as opponents

! Win 7 games at home

! Rising star Cribbs will give the Browns the best starting field position in the NFL

! Thomas will work out as planned, heck, a pro-bowler even

! Lewis will run for a ton of yards

Yep, we used up everything last year, and '08 boomeranged on us.

Harrison had an MRI on his ribs yesterday. So far no results...but didn't sound hopeful.

Sounds like Wright and Cribbs will be in the backfield in his stead...here is a blurb from ClevelandBrowns.com:

Cribbs at QB?!?! You people must be on crack. Oh sorry, got myself confused with a future 3rd string journeyman QB.

Does anyone else get as pissed as I do when I see RAC on tv saying he was trying to get a spark. this team dosent need a spark it needs to burn down and start frest next year.

I get pissed when I hear "spark" and instead of giving the younger guys shots we keep grinding away with Lose Legs Lewis and throwing the ball to Butterfingers Edwards while Harrison rides the pine and Sanders gets shuffeled back to the practice squad and Rucker sits on his ass.

"Spark" is the buzzword RC is using to fill the stands with the HOPE we see someone besides the broken down old veterans grind us into loses.

PS, I know Harrison is out right now, the Harrisondisappointment I'm referring to is the constant big gains we kept seeing 1-3 plays a game before he would get tossed to the pine like a bad habit.

Does anyone else get as pissed as I do when I see RAC on tv saying he was trying to get a spark. this team dosent need a spark it needs to burn down and start frest next year.

Big time. I get pissed whenever I hear the guy speak, he's not the sharpest tool in the box for sure. The team doesn't just need a spark on the field, it needs common goals, strong management of men, decent coaching, co-ordinated approaches to games, it needs ambition shared through every person in the organisation. Listen, we know it, problem is they don't. I think he is a pussy. I don't see him having any authority at all.

I hope he sits the arses of those who are underperforming and gives some other options a chance for the next remaining games. Or just leaves the club, that'd do just fine too.

Archived