THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Coming Home...

shepwrite

Welcome back! This board did get out of hand for a while and I refused to look at it. Now I find it enjoyable again. And that's probably the last time I say anything till the pre-season. As usual I can't wait.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not even sure if I've owned up to anything or whether I even should. I have a very long track record of doing what is best for this message board and the ones that preceeded it.

At the very least, I think you'd concede that your Colonel Kurtz act can get ugly, even if you think it's for the greater good.

*The Greater Good*

I'll do the Haden pick next. I think we could've traded down and take Kareem Jackson, who will be about as good (already starting for the Texans).

I got SO misunderstood on the other board. I think Haden is a very good corner, one of the top few in the draft (with Jackson and Wilson). I don't think he should've been the first top 10 corner of the post rule change era.

I happen to have watched some '08 Bama tape last night for a draft article I'm writing. Still need to watch some more, but I've already seen Jackson get beat deep by David Reed (Utah) and Demetrius Byrd (LSU).

Jackson's a good player: he shares Haden's physical style of play and is a very good run defender. But - in my view - the tape doesn't say he's about as good as Haden. I'm not sure what does.

At the very least, I think you'd concede that your Colonel Kurtz act can get ugly, even if you think it's for the greater good.

*The Greater Good*

Thanks, as one who quit two moderating jobs, you realize that it isn't an easy mix between moderating and posting. However, I think you listed the wrong Colonel ...

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!" - Colonl Jessup

Remember?

I rate the mz the pussy/Diehard feud as one of the best I ever have been privy to on a message board (excluding da ich with anybody of course)

Actually, the Iconic feud of old was Zombo vs Atenears on the whole Couch issue from back in 1999. Those two were like hateful siblings clashing over the still warm corpse of their rich and ugly Step Mom.

Then the Rich vs. Zombo feud on whether Rich owes Zombo money (he does) on the infamous Clarrett Bet.

mz the pussy/Diehard was lame, tame, and new compared to these old rows.

And what makes the old feuds more tantalizing? They were about Browns, and all the "your a fag, no you are" crap was mostly in jest, and they would get together and drink a beer at the tailgates and laugh about the funny arguments they had on here.

Shep, I think you are one of the most intelligent and well spoken posters around. You have a view point, and you tend to pound it into the earth till there ain't a speck of dust left. If anyone disagrees with you, no matter how nicely, you post more vociferously, in different language, but still the same message, your point. Then you play the victim card when people jump all over you for it. Calling it like I see it, but who knows, I could be missing the point or blind as a bat, you pick.

All that being said, I'm glad you are back here, and look forward to further discussion about our beloved Browns.

Welcome Back!!

Make plans to make the trip for the Jets game....

It should be a great weekend.......but it is just November, so the wimpy talk about how cold it is going to be shouldn't last for months in advance...maybe cut it down to a few weeks this go around. ;)

Welcome Back!!

Make plans to make the trip for the Jets game....

Thanks.

And Thaak, "The Victim Card" is just me trying to stop people from going personal. Debating with blood dripping from your eyes is the heart of any good sports board. The downfall is when people completely leave the topic and delve into the cult of personality, start putting people down in a fairly serious way... and start clanning up. It never works. Eventually, it spirals ugly.

I personally think a political forum is a bad idea. Always seems like it gets dragged over here, sometimes by me. Truth is, Cal and I have no business talking politics. I think Cal is a terrific poster here and we'd probably enjoy having a beer. Our politics are pretty damn irrelevant. My brother-in-law and I couldn't be more diametrically opposed politically, but we have almost everything else in common and I think he's a terrific guy. To be real, aside from voting once in a while, our politics don't affect much that we do in our day to day lives.

My situation with Desert Dawg, King of Kings, and Youngstown started here and moved over there. They simply don't like me... which shouldn't matter to anybody. You get a couple hundred people on a board, not everybody's gonna like anybody else, but that isn't even relevant. We really shouldn't feel so compelled to share our feelings about other people. But those three made it a mission, over and over and over again. And that shit has to be stopped by a mod.

I fully intend to start some heated debates here. I hated taking a corner in the top 10. I'm very dubious that Colt McCoy is going to be more than a backup in this league. But I LOVED the Hardesty and Lauvao picks and thought we stole Carlton Mitchell. I think Ward was valued a lot higher by scouting departments than media draft analysts.

And yeah... I think we goofed on Clausen. If he and Sanchez are really good over the next few years, we'll have to acknowledge that. The best cure is to get Locker, Luck, or Ponder, or hope that McCoy is better than I think he'll be. And on that one... I'd LOVE to be wrong.

All you have to do is:

1.) Stay with us through a complete season and off-season.

2.) Beat up a Newbie.

3.) Call someone gay.

4.) Embarass a Steeler troll

5.) Make a football-related post.

And making it to a tailgate party doesn't hurt either!

All you have to do is:

1.) Stay with us through a complete season and off-season.

2.) Beat up a Newbie.

3.) Call someone gay.

4.) Embarass a Steeler troll

5.) Make a football-related post.

I've done all of these :rolleyes::ph34r:

There is going to be an infection on this board very soon, and you all will know where it came from.

Shep is going to belittle many of your posts, he is going to dismiss most of what you write, and it is going to become what he wants to talk about.

I am going to cut and paste some of the shitty things he had to say about the members here.

He did the same thing to you that he is doing to the other board, but he was a little worse on you, especally Ate and Zombo, who of course he now loves because that is all that is left.

He is not missed. Good riddance.

Shep,..... You have a view point, and you tend to pound it into the earth till there ain't a speck of dust left. If anyone disagrees with you, no matter how nicely, you post more vociferously, in different language, but still the same message, your point. Then you play the victim card when people jump all over you for it. Calling it like I see it, but who knows, I could be missing the point or blind as a bat, you pick.

He ran out of people over there that sympathized with his crying and victim complex, so he was run out of town. He reached to member after member after member, and they all said pretty much what you just said above.

Now the two faced little juvenile wants to kiss and makeup over here after pretty much telling us how pathetic and useless this board has become. He came here because nobody else will have him. He is a little fish in a bog pond anywhere else.

He needs to be king fish, even when he basically called everyone here "dead to me." Hmmmm, that sounds familiar. Where have I read that before?

That's what I was going for. But your son told my son he can kick your ass.

Seeing how i've got 6 sons, i'm sure if they joined forces they could probaly bury me in the backyard before mom got home and give the classic response when asked about my wherabous ... "What?"

Hey! A visitor from the other board! Talk about infections.

I've never dissed Zombo. I was mad at Ate when I left... but I'm over it. Stay on your side "Hoss," and I'll stay on mine.

You are lying.

And I don't have a "side."

There is going to be an infection on this board very soon, and you all will know where it came from.

Shep is going to belittle many of your posts, he is going to dismiss most of what you write, and it is going to become what he wants to talk about.

I am going to cut and paste some of the shitty things he had to say about the members here.

He did the same thing to you that he is doing to the other board, but he was a little worse on you, especally Ate and Zombo, who of course he now loves because that is all that is left.

He is not missed. Good riddance.

Really? We don't give a shit.

We've known Shep for 12 years, we know who he is. We never had a problem with him. It wasn't until all of the drama-laden pussies who came to this board, who mostly now are all over at Barking Tard, came along that we had this soap opera shit over here.

Thaak is right, we've had some knockdown-dragouts. But it was like brother on brother and we always got over it. Then came the pussy invasion and all of the sudden it was all about egos. I'm glad Skippy blasted them out of here and I supported the move. This place was getting toxic. Then it got real nice for the last 8-9 months ... so we're not going let douchebags like you that got your feelings hurt by Shep on another board come over and douche it up again.

I'm just telling ya ... your time is limited, Hoss. Quit crying about Shep, go back to your board and do whatever you like over there.

This board is gonna stay drama free. I don't care if Shep wants to coronate Jimmy Clausen the next QB King and takes on anybody that disagrees with him ... who cares? We can take it. It's just football. And I don't care what Shep said about me or anybody else ... we're men, we can take it. What we can't take is a bunch of whiney pussies douching up our board again. You've got your own board now (Thank God) ... douche it up over there all you want.

Zombo

I just leave it at what I wrote. I can respect not bringing drama from another board. But you know who Shep is, he was the drama over there. He will be the drama over here.

Zombo and I have been on boards together for about 15 years now, back to Prodigy. He knows me about 10 times better than you do (whether you're King of Kings, Youngstown, BPP, or Desert Dawg). Several of the people here monitored what was going on over there and know full well that I didn't start threads that were drama-laden or "infective"... they only went bad after the repeated attacks.

Nobody outside of that little posse ever believed I caused any problems. My last three threads over there were ruined by the bad seeds, and even Golfer acknowledged that.

Now it's over... and I'm back home. We won't have to talk about each other anymore. I'm done.

Zombo and I have been on boards together for about 15 years now, back to Prodigy. He knows me about 10 times better than you do (whether you're King of Kings, Youngstown, BPP, or Desert Dawg). Several of the people here monitored what was going on over there and know full well that I didn't start threads that were drama-laden or "infective"... they only went bad after the repeated attacks.

Nobody outside of that little posse ever believed I caused any problems. My last three threads over there were ruined by the bad seeds, and even Golfer acknowledged that.

Now it's over... and I'm back home. We won't have to talk about each other anymore. I'm done.

shep-

thats all well and good.

it would look better if you just didn't talk about the other board or the other boards posters, good or bad.

why burn internet bridges when after all there internet bridges. hence the cause of all this drama dating back to you know when. Browns info is browns info, no need bruising one genitals over an internet forum.

p.s. drum up some qb controversey.... i can't post without it :)

shep-

thats all well and good.

it would look better if you just didn't talk about the other board or the other boards posters, good or bad.

why burn internet bridges when after all there internet bridges. hence the cause of all this drama dating back to you know when. Browns info is browns info, no need bruising one genitals over an internet forum.

Agreed. I'm very much opposed to bruising one's genitals, and it's better if people don't use one board to slime people on another one.

I find it kind of odd you are over here trashing me, and my work over on BH Shep. I thought we had buried that hatchet? And as far as these other grown men acting like adolescents, nobody is buying it. I never claimed I was some great poster over here, in fact I rarely posted anything. I was more of a lurker on this board, that is until soap opera like drama came down on this place like the plague. Then I couldn't even stand to read it, let alone post. Unfortunately some of the people causing the drama here came over to BH as well. I'll concede that, as there is no doubt. I wish all Browns fans the very best. Good luck to you and yours.

Archived