THE BROWNS BOARD

BOWL MANIA CHALLENGE

Guest ATENEARS

Great. 25 pts on Troy, and S. Miss goes crazy, and it's a tie at the end of the game, and the Troy coach goes very conservative, not trying to score, but running seconds off the clock intentionally.

And in overtime, S. Miss kicks a field goal, but the kick hits the upright. But it bounces in.

So, Troy gets their chance, they go conservative, they kick a field goal, but it's blocked.

Bye, 25 points. "sniff" These things are impossible to figure a lot of the time. But it's a heyl of a lot of fun.

Watch out, folks, seven wins in a row, Zombo is coming out of nowhere, especially with a big "34" from Maryland tonight. Now if Rice and Ok St. state come through ... I'm right in the thick of things.

Zombo

--Skippy's fading fast

Stupid Oklahoma State. A great pick until the game, then you wonder why the heyl ya didn't pick Oregon.

Didn't they have a second qb who COULD still throw?

Oregon's oline was brutal...

this is over D jackson whoever that is won. Cinci blew my chances at overtaking him.

That'd be me. FINALLY a Browns Board virtual trophy for my mantle! It's been a LONG time coming.

Doug

Well, Doug may have sewn this thing up a long time ago (and thankfully updated his signature pic), but winning 32 on Texas (sorry guys, going against Ohio St. is a cheap way for me to make up ground each year) has revived the Zombo campaign.

Now with 30 riding on Ball St. tonight, I still have two reachable goals left:

1. A Top Ten finish

2. Finishing ahead of Rich

Go Cards!

Zombo

--I hope to God the Aten family didn't bet the lunch money this year.

It is with Proud Honor to Present This Years First Virtual Trophy to:

Furnier (aka: d. Jackson)

Doug, On behalf of The Browns Board, please accept this coveted Trophy:

virtual%20trophy.jpg

(Actual size)

Furniers name will be enshrined on the front page of TheBrownsBoard.com for eternity, as the Winner of the 2009 Bowl Mania Challenge.

Congratulations Furnier!

Thanks guys! It's an honor. I've been trying to win one of these thangs for 10 years. I never thought the first one would be the Bowl Pool.

Great way to start 2009!

Doug

That's YOU , DOUG ?

DAMN fine job. I'm hoping Florida wins, the two points should move us into second place.

Alas, no 'nother win with Doug kicking everybody's rears in tenth gear. Wow.

But it was a HEYL of a LOT of FUN.

Again, CONGRATS.

Signed,

Hoping for Second Place. "sniff"

Thanks again guys! I surprised myself....got off to a hot start and just kept on a roll.

When I signed up for this ESPN told me somebody already had my user name (probably me from sometime in the past) hence the use of my real name. Maybe it was playing incognito that helped me out. I also decided I had a better shot by leaving all the confidence points on the early games because I was having a much harder time picking the major bowl game matchups.

Now I'm looking forward to the Final Four pool in March!

Doug

Archived