THE BROWNS BOARD

toothlessberger and his shoulder

Sez.EJ

found this blurb on roto times:

Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers Tuesday 10/28, 4:48 PM CT

Ben Roethlisberger is once again dealing with a sore right shoulder and could return to the injury list this week, according to the AP. "Same thing, right shoulder," coach Mike Tomlin said. "That's going to continue to be week to week. It was better last week because he rarely got hit (Oct. 19) versus the Bengals. He got hit a few times on Sunday. We'll see how he feels when he comes in here on Wednesday."

Our View: Big Ben was diagnosed several weeks ago with a slight separation, and it sounds like the injury will linger. Hopefully it won't negatively affect his play.

My comment on this. I hope it doesn't effect his play either. Four interceptions last week. Keep up the good work Ben. HAHAHAHa

23 sacks for ben vs 10 for DA... Ummm holding the ball too long and getting your arse kicked does not make you a better qb.. just the opposite.. Toothlesberger has 6 int's the last 4 games, DA has 1... Your only as good as your last performance.. Ben sucks.. and he will never make it through the season if he keeps holding the ball 10 days waiting for his sorry recievers to get open. Then you'll be stuck with "10 minute windup" leftwitch to take his turns getting sacked.. Steelers are on the downside and it's showing bigtime. The D is still ok.. But Ben is losing it..

why are the moderators allowing all these f-bombs.. I know these 2 are steeler fans and don't have enough sense to know kids read these posts..but lets get real here. I am not so crazy about the f-bombs,myself...and both of the posts relating to mine have one. I don't mind the attacks on me.. I can take it.. I just don't like the language and any parent who has a kid on this site certainly would not approve. That being said.. Ben still sucks and I would take any qb in the league over him.. Once in a steeler uniform he is an abomination to mankind forever.

why are the moderators allowing all these f-bombs.. I know these 2 are steeler fans and don't have enough sense to know kids read these posts..but lets get real here. I am not so crazy about the f-bombs,myself...and both of the posts relating to mine have one. I don't mind the attacks on me.. I can take it.. I just don't like the language and any parent who has a kid on this site certainly would not approve. That being said.. Ben still sucks and I would take any qb in the league over him.. Once in a steeler uniform he is an abomination to mankind forever.

Must be your magnetic personality that attracts it.

Seriously, I saw a couple other F-bombs on other posts and figured it was kosher. If not, I'll back it off. Mods just got to say the word - which might be the biggest hurdle.

Regards

.... an'at

23 sacks for ben vs 10 for DA... Ummm holding the ball too long and getting your arse kicked does not make you a better qb.. just the opposite.. Toothlesberger has 6 int's the last 4 games, DA has 1... Your only as good as your last performance.. Ben sucks.. and he will never make it through the season if he keeps holding the ball 10 days waiting for his sorry recievers to get open. Then you'll be stuck with "10 minute windup" leftwitch to take his turns getting sacked.. Steelers are on the downside and it's showing bigtime. The D is still ok.. But Ben is losing it..

How are the Steelers on the downside dude because they lost one game?? They just won 5 out of their first 6 games and got beat here by a pretty good Giants team and have the number 1 ranked defense in the league and are first in the league in sacks. How is that being on the downside?? Ben Roethlisberger is human okay he is going to have bad games and is not going to play perfect every single game. But the guys numbers his first 5 years in the league dont lie he is 30 games over .500 in the regular season since becoming the Steelers starter in 2004 and has lead the Steelers to the playoffs in 3 of those 4 years, and working on making it 4 out of 5 for this year. He has played in 2 AFC Championships, has won a Super Bowl, has a 5-2 playoff record all-time. Has the highest passer rating for a QB in a 3 game playoff span in NFL history back in 2005 at 105.9 when the Steelers won on the road in Cincy,Indy,and Denver and threw 8 TD's and 1 INT in those 3 games total. The guy is a winner period. He knows how to win something that Derek Anderson has yet to prove in his NFL career.

I have to agree, I'd rather have Turdburglar under center than DA. If DA saw the kind of pressure Ben sees on a regular basis, he'd have a negative QB rating, assuming he wasn't such a mental disaster he had to be placed on IR for the season.

I hope the entire PITT team is healthy come December. If we're going to beat them, I want to beat their starters, not a team of guys pulled off of the practice squad and from under the bridges of that homeless shelter they call 'Pittsburgh'.

They should sit him, in all honesty, you dont want to ruin your whole career for a few games.... Just sit him until he plays the browns, or a game after so he can heal up. He is going to get hurt with his o-line playing like shit. I hate the steelers and Big Ben, but I have to give him props this year, he's been a beast, but you cant overdo it, nothing good can come from it.

Rememeber Kelly Holcomb when he played with the broken leg!! He was sooo hard core!!

Proclaiming your ignorance to the world is not required of any fan, but it is your choice, so have at it.

[quote name="Holmes10_Ward_86

Yea too bad Derek Anderson is still inconsistent and not as good as Ben even with a banged up shoulder. Some of you guys got a lot of nuts talking shit on Ben after he has one bad game. Meanwhile' date=' Derek Anderson is Mr Yo-Yo at QB and cant put a string of good games together to save his life. Why dont you focus on how Derek Anderson performs and his play becoming better instead of giving us injury updates on how Ben is doing. Ben is fine he is sore every single week but guess what he goes out there and has started every single game thus far this season.[/quote]

And 17 hits per game says Ben won't be starting every week. Sorry about that.

Well if you guys weren't over here trolling, we'd leave poor Ben alone. Hey, why not go back whence you came and start bitching about how that turnstile o-line you have can't keep Ben from getting hurt in the first place? I'm tired of the "what have you done lately" mentality of you Steeler trolls. Well, lately, we won you lost- deal with it.

As far as the 'downside'....as I said in a previous post...the Steelers hadn't faced a team with a WINNING RECORD until this past week....AND THEY LOST. Now they have at least 4 more of those games in the next few weeks...and at least 3 of those games have defenses in the top half of the sacks category...that to me equals

Get ready for the downside!!!

This is the same Ben Toothlessburger that led the entire league in interceptions two seasons ago.. Hail to the chief!!!!!.. He may be NO.1 again this year.. Keep up the good work... Maybe he will lead in getting sacked too and he can be number 1 in two catagories.. I truly don't think it will happen because he holds the ball so long he is bound to get injured and ruin his NO.1 Status..

* how can you say he had one bad game. 6 picks in the last 4 games.. ummm those are not exactly great numbers...

Must be your magnetic personality that attracts it.

Seriously, I saw a couple other F-bombs on other posts and figured it was kosher. If not, I'll back it off. Mods just got to say the word - which might be the biggest hurdle.

Why would you need to be told this? Oh, I forgot...Your a Squeelers fan and don't know any better.

Regards

.... (gay saying censored)

It's customary to post your reply OUTSIDE of the quote box.

Regards

.... an`at

This is the same Ben Toothlessburger that led the entire league in interceptions two seasons ago.. Hail to the chief!!!!!.. He may be NO.1 again this year.. Keep up the good work... Maybe he will lead in getting sacked too and he can be number 1 in two catagories.. I truly don't think it will happen because he holds the ball so long he is bound to get injured and ruin his NO.1 Status..

* how can you say he had one bad game. 6 picks in the last 4 games.. ummm those are not exactly great numbers...

He is making progress....here is how Big Ben stacks up:

3rd in sacks

4th in INT's (by the way...he has MORE of BOTH than DA).

3 TD's ahead of DA. Not exactly tearing up the league.

5 1st downs ahead of DA.

1 more 20+ pass than DA.

The exact SAME 40+ passes as DA.

So really, the only thing that Ben is doing is completing a better rate of passes than DA...

Gee, I guess we should really be SUPER JEALOUS!!! NOT!!!

As far as the 'downside'....as I said in a previous post...the Steelers hadn't faced a team with a WINNING RECORD until this past week....AND THEY LOST. Now they have at least 4 more of those games in the next few weeks...and at least 3 of those games have defenses in the top half of the sacks category...that to me equals

After the Redskins game the Steelers play 3 teams in a row with a losing record the Colts,Chargers and Bengals. All 3 of those defenses have been awful all season long. Colts cant stop the run or pass, SD is terrible against the pass ranked dead last in the NFL, and the Bengals well are the Bengals. And as far not facing a team with a winning record the Steelers played Baltimore in week 3 when they were 2-0 after they kicked the Browns ass remember that?? And the Ravens are currently 4-3 now last time I checked that is a winning record correct??

After the Redskins game the Steelers play 3 teams in a row with a losing record the Colts,Chargers and Bengals. All 3 of those defenses have been awful all season long. Colts cant stop the run or pass, SD is terrible against the pass ranked dead last in the NFL, and the Bengals well are the Bengals. And as far not facing a team with a winning record the Steelers played Baltimore in week 3 when they were 2-0 after they kicked the Browns ass remember that?? And the Ravens are currently 4-3 now last time I checked that is a winning record correct??

Oh...I'm sorry...that's right the Ravens won so they are now considered a QUALITY TEAM...but that will change this weekend....when we beat them and the Redskins beat you...it will make the teams records against QUALITY TEAMS:

Cleveland 1-3 (NYG win, Dallas/Was/Pitt loss)

Pittsburgh 0-3 (Was/NYG/Phili loss)

of course...if we keep winning I guess you will eventually get to count US as a quality win...but then what is that to brag about?

Oh...I'm sorry...that's right the Ravens won so they are now considered a QUALITY TEAM...but that will change this weekend....when we beat them and the Redskins beat you...it will make the teams records against QUALITY TEAMS:

Cleveland 1-3 (NYG win, Dallas/Was/Pitt loss)

Pittsburgh 0-3 (Was/NYG/Phili loss)

of course...if we keep winning I guess you will eventually get to count US as a quality win...but then what is that to brag about?

The Ravens took the Steelers to overtime and were beating the Titans and shutting them down the entire game before the Titans rallied and came back in the final minutes to win. They also went down to Miami and beat a pretty decent Dolphins team in their own house. Miami has beaten the Pats,Chargers,and Bills this year as well. The Ravens arent a great team but they are a lot better then you will give them credit for. They will give the Browns everything they have and then some in that game Sunday in Cleveland. That game is no gimmie for the Browns like you are making it out to be. You had better hope the Steelers do lose to the Redskins because if they dont it's going to make it very very tough for the Browns to catch the Steelers with who we play the next 3 weeks all at home. A loss to the Redskins on Monday night is still not that big of a deal because the Steelers will still be in first place no matter what going into next week, and have the Colts,Chargers,and Bengals coming into Heinz Field three weeks in a row. All 3 of those teams the Steelers will be able to handle at home.

Really? The ratbirds aren't a gimme? Wow, I didn't realize it.

NOTHING is a gimme in the NFL...especially not THIS year...and yet you sit there and say how the Stoolers are going to win the next 4 games?!?!?!

Give me a break!

NOTHING is a gimme in the NFL...especially not THIS year...and yet you sit there and say how the Stoolers are going to win the next 4 games?!?!?!

Give me a break![/quote

It's still going to be awhile before the Browns are tied with the Steelers even if they lose to the Redskins. The Colts and Chargers are not going to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh with as terrible as both of them have played on the road so far this season,and as inconsistent as both of them have been. It took a botched long snap and a last minute drive after a safety punt for the Giants to win in Pittsburgh with Ben not even playing well and they are a much much better team then the Colts and Chargers. It doesnt really matter because they Browns still have to come in here even if they do end up only a game back come the last week of the season and win and like the last 10 meetings and like always they will fail.

Give me a break![/quote

It's still going to be awhile before the Browns are tied with the Steelers even if they lose to the Redskins. It doesnt really matter because they Browns still have to come in here even if they do end up only a game back come the last week of the season and win and like the last 10 meetings and like always they will fail.

To paraphrase your RATBIRD comment

The BROWNS took the NYG's OUT on MNF and were competing with the Redskins and shutting them down the entire game before the Skins held on in the final minutes to win. They also went down to Jacksonville and beat a pretty decent Jaguars team in their own house (one that YOU almost lost to). Not to mention they gave the Steelers all they could handle in Cleveland WITHOUT half their starters. The Browns aren't a great team but they are a lot better then you will give them credit for. They will give the Steelers everything they have and then some in that game Sunday in Pittsburgh. That game is no gimmie for the Steelers like you are making it out to be. You had better hope the Browns do lose to the a few teeams because if they don't it's going to make it very very tough for the Steelers to hold them off as the Browns are home in 3 of the next 4 weeks. A loss to the Redskins on Monday night is a deal because the Steelers will only lead the division by 1 game going into the next week, and with the Browns possibly on a 4-1 streak you never know what momentum can do.

Give me a break![/quote

It's still going to be awhile before the Browns are tied with the Steelers even if they lose to the Redskins. It doesnt really matter because they Browns still have to come in here even if they do end up only a game back come the last week of the season and win and like the last 10 meetings and like always they will fail.

To paraphrase your RATBIRD comment

The BROWNS took the NYG's OUT on MNF and were competing with the Redskins and shutting them down the entire game before the Skins held on in the final minutes to win. They also went down to Jacksonville and beat a pretty decent Jaguars team in their own house (one that YOU almost lost to). Not to mention they gave the Steelers all they could handle in Cleveland WITHOUT half their starters. The Browns aren't a great team but they are a lot better then you will give them credit for. They will give the Steelers everything they have and then some in that game Sunday in Pittsburgh. That game is no gimmie for the Steelers like you are making it out to be. You had better hope the Browns do lose to the a few teeams because if they don't it's going to make it very very tough for the Steelers to hold them off as the Browns are home in 3 of the next 4 weeks. A loss to the Redskins on Monday night is a deal because the Steelers will only lead the division by 1 game going into the next week, and with the Browns possibly on a 4-1 streak you never know what momentum can do.

Okay so even if the Browns do beat the Ravens and Broncos and the Steelers lose to the Redskins like you think will happen, the Steelers are still going to beat the Colts,Chargers,and Bengals here at home. That puts them at 8-3 and the Browns at 6-5 after the Browns lose in Buffalo on Monday night which will happen, and probably beat the Texans at home which is no guarantee either since they are playing a little bit better now as well. So it's still a 2 game lead going into December for the most part with the Steelers still being in total control of the division and in line for a top 2 seed. If that happens just like the way I said it there Ill take it.

The Steelers have a very good shot to beat the Redskins in DC on Monday night. They are the one team if any that has the ability to shut down Clinton Portis with their defense. If they do that and make Jason Campbell beat them with throwing the ball they have an excellent chance to win. Ben will bounce back and play better then he did this past week especially on Monday night football. He will not throw 3 or 4 interceptions this game. He hardly ever plays terrible in back to back games since he has been the starter 4 years ago. His record proves that. Ben shows up in big games especially on Monday night in primetime. The Skins have some issues as well on defense with guys being out too. The Skins are a solid team and I know they beat Philly and Dallas on the road earlier in the season, and will be very tough to knock off at home on Monday night in their own house, but the last 3 weeks the way they have played and looked against the Rams,Browns,and Detroit they are very vulnerable in my opinion and they can be had.

Actually, it was pointed out on ESPN that Portis is a 'slashing' type runner...the type that the Steelers generally have more trouble with. So just take that to heart.

As for the Browns @ Buffalo...you seem to forget we come off of a Thursday game and will have 3 extra days to plan and Buffalo comes off of a late Sunday game...making Monday a lost day....

Keep in mind also that the Bills are not a good pass rush team (ranked 22nd) and has a QBR against of 85.0 (only 4 INT's on the year)...which is EXACTLY the kind of team (see Jags) that DA does well against.

Actually, it was pointed out on ESPN that Portis is a 'slashing' type runner...the type that the Steelers generally have more trouble with. So just take that to heart.

As for the Browns @ Buffalo...you seem to forget we come off of a Thursday game and will have 3 extra days to plan and Buffalo comes off of a late Sunday game...making Monday a lost day....

Keep in mind also that the Bills are not a good pass rush team (ranked 22nd) and has a QBR against of 85.0 (only 4 INT's on the year)...which is EXACTLY the kind of team (see Jags) that DA does well against.

The game is still in Buffalo though and it's on a Monday night where the Bills play very very well and are tough as hell to beat. That right there I think is the ex-factor for the Browns having the extra time to prepare. The Bills will be juiced and ready for that game despite having less rest then the Browns. I think that stat is overrated. The Jags had 2 weeks to get ready for the Browns at home coming off their bye week and lost. So the extra preperation time and all those things I think are overrated.

I know Derek Anderson has played well in 2 of the last 3 weeks but I still am not sold on the fact that he can string about 4 or 5 wins in a row together like you seem to think he can do. He is just too inconsistent and it doesnt matter how well the Browns defense plays in any of these games, if Anderson does not play well the Browns are not going to win period. See the Steelers game this year and the Redskins game this year to prove that point. The Browns D played about as solid as they could play but since Anderson was so horrible in both of those games he gave the Browns no chance at all to win. His play is like a yo-yo every other week it seems. I want to see consistency out of Anderson before I am completely sold on him.

I believe (as I said before) the steelers are on the downside and a downslide. They may beat the Bungholes but I believe they lose 3 of the next 4 as they will lose to the skins, chargers and colts.. Mostly because toothlesburger will: A. hold the ball and get sacked. B. get sacked and fumble, C. hold the ball and then throw an int or two. Or D. get sacked and injured and they they will be stuck with Leftwich who's windup takes longer than toothlessburger just holding onto the ball.

Toothlessburgers bad play will be the reason for these 3 losses. Mark it down. You heard it here first.

I believe (as I said before) the steelers are on the downside and a downslide. They may beat the Bungholes but I believe they lose 3 of the next 4 as they will lose to the skins, chargers and colts.. Mostly because toothlesburger will: A. hold the ball and get sacked. B. get sacked and fumble, C. hold the ball and then throw an int or two. Or D. get sacked and injured and they they will be stuck with Leftwich who's windup takes longer than toothlessburger just holding onto the ball.

Toothlessburgers bad play will be the reason for these 3 losses. Mark it down. You heard it here first.

Okay dude you have a deal and Ill look forward to seeing you come back here an say you were wrong after these games are over with because that's exactly what you will be doing. If I am wrong and they do happen to lose these games I will come back on here and give you all the credit in the world. I have done that before on this board when the Steelers have lost admitted I was wrong. How will the Steelers defense contribute to these losses here that you think are going to happen over the next few weeks?? You forgot to mention that and enlighten us with how that will happen because the Steelers will not lose these games if they do lose them just because of Ben Roethlisberger. Look at the game against the Giants man. Ben played like crap and threw 4 picks and the Steelers still almost beat a very good Giants team. Especially when you consider they completely shut down the Giants offense and held a very good offense to 4 FG's the entire game until they got a free kick on a safety with under 5 minutes left in the game which lead to the Steelers losing. The Steelers defense is playing at a high level and there is no reason to believe they wont continue to do so. And if that happens the Steelers will have a chance to win every single game they play the rest of the season.

The bottom line is the Colts and Chargers arent very good this year. They both stink on the road, LT isnt doing anything in terms of running the ball for the Chargers. If LT doesnt run against the Steelers which he wont they will not beat the Steelers at home. Peyton Manning is not the same QB he has been in the last few years, Indy's D stinks and cant stop teams consistently and they should currently be 0-4 on the road so far this season had the Vikings and Texans both not been so horrible and blown leads of 15 and 17 points in the 4th quarter. Ben will have big games against the Colts and Chargers defenses because both of their defenses have been awful this year against the pass. But we will see how it all plays out and Ill look forward to coming back in a few weeks and seeing how wrong you were and completely destroying you in the process.

Holmes, u were in here before the last weekend saying the steelers were going to win the next 5...that blew up on u in the 1st of 5 games. I'm not buying what u are selling about the steelers winning all these games. Believe what u will, the only thing I believe is u will be in here again with another "big" prediction about them winning the next 4 after their next loss.

Holmes, u were in here before the last weekend saying the steelers were going to win the next 5...that blew up on u in the 1st of 5 games. I'm not buying what u are selling about the steelers winning all these games. Believe what u will, the only thing I believe is u will be in here again with another "big" prediction about them winning the next 4 after their next loss.

ALL the games are winnable...but Not an easy one in the Bunch. We will see... We Need at least ONE win here to stay in the hunt . We could very well win all of them. Or lose them all. But, You are way off

in Ripping Ben , he is a warrior. Playing Injured. Hard to Rattle ( is he perfect ? HECK No... 4 picks says that but one was a Lucky Deflection and another a Hail Mary so ...? ) However...that game was so close to going our way its pathetic ! We get that 2nd Bomb for a TD and its Lights out for the G-men , we get the Sbnapper to deliver the Ball to Berger we most likely STILL WIN ! But thats life and the Giants are a VERY good team on D and solid on O. I salute the Brownies for tormenting them , but if you played again THAT wouldn't be happening. The Steelers have their work cut out for them. Yes , the Injuries are Piling up and the need is to really suck it up and Play at this point. The Browns had to do that and it took them awhile (Adjust to Injuries) . We are in a stretch where we need to step up QUICKLY ! I do fail to see that reason for you to be cocky here... For all your ranting WE still OWN YOU ! And we are not Slipping or sliding its merely Injuries and trying to Adjust to the injuries. You Browns fans should relate to that ! MAybe some day You will own us over a LONG Haul... but that's a LONG way off....

Archived