THE BROWNS BOARD

Buckeyes Do get a BCS Game

Earle

and dont forget this guy... James Laurinaitis Ohio State LB

How could you forget about him? He was better as a soph than his jr and sr years, and, well, he is the only person beside Ray Lewis to get credit for 1.76 tackles when he touches a guy after he is down, and he gets 3.12 tackles for every tackle he actually makes.

Cannot wait to bet on Texas. Opened at UT -8, now up to -10. Better get my bet in before it gets up to 20...not that it'll matter.

UT 37

OSU 13

Tell 'em, LenDale.

Guest Aloysius

The Buckeyes have more than just Orakpo to worry about. Sergio Kindle's also a pretty good player:

He reminds me a lot of Julian Peterson. If he declares for the draft, he should be selected in the late Round 1/early Round 2 area.

well Tressel will have to keep an extra TE in there to help Block the outside. Which was a mistake when they played FLorida we didnt have a TE on that stupid run and shoot spread offense.

I hate the spread it only works against slower defenses.

well Tressel will have to keep an extra TE in there to help Block the outside. Which was a mistake when they played FLorida we didnt have a TE on that stupid run and shoot spread offense.

I hate the spread it only works against slower defenses.

I disagree.

Florida runs it and the SEC has some fast defensive teams. Ohio State wasn't a slow defense 2 years ago.

What it does is give the offense more options....and more options is harder to defend. It also creates space....and space is what any offense tries to create.

I disagree.

Florida runs it and the SEC has some fast defensive teams. Ohio State wasn't a slow defense 2 years ago.

What it does is give the offense more options....and more options is harder to defend. It also creates space....and space is what any offense tries to create.

yes that is true but your O-Line needs to built for that type of a game plan, and we at the present are more suited to run it down the gut, 3 yards and a pile of bodies! usally OC's use the spread because there OL is smaller and not as strong as the opposing defenses they will face. same as zone blocking.

And 3 yards and a pile of bodies leaves you with the punt team on the field. ;)

I would rather take my shots with Cribbs in a patched together O.

This O didn't work with DA at QB...Quinn at QB..and now Dorsey.

Might as well mix it up heading home, and then figure out what went so wrong this year.

Guest ATENEARS
And 3 yards and a pile of bodies leaves you with the punt team on the field. ;)

I would rather take my shots with Cribbs in a patched together O.

This O didn't work with DA at QB...Quinn at QB..and now Dorsey.

Might as well mix it up heading home, and then figure out what went so wrong this year.

I believe that they are not giving Cribbs more touches because they don't want to have to pay him more. He's already going to ask for more money. Having him throwing it, running it, returning it, receiving it and tackling it sounds like ching, ching, ching, ching and ching at the negotiating table.

I believe that they are not giving Cribbs more touches because they don't want to have to pay him more. He's already going to ask for more money. Having him throwing it, running it, returning it, receiving it and tackling it sounds like ching, ching, ching, ching and ching at the negotiating table.

Could be true, with the season already lost. I would like to think the organization is more concerned with putting a quality product on the field than they are with potential pay raises to those who actually accomplish that. Remember, I said I would LIKE to think that.

Guest Ghoolie
What I have heard from a friend with actual ties to the Sugar Bowl is the Sugar is working to keep Utah out and keep them out west in the Fiesta and work to invite OSU to the Sugar Bowl to play the loser of the Fla/Alabama game this weekend.

OSU can expect to play in the Sugar.

OSU will beat teh shibt out of Texas.

Archived