THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Draft Thread

WPB Dawg Fan

Guest Aloysius
still no need to go WR in this draft, though. even if there's no clear-cut number two on the team right now, i'd rank our needs as OLB, ILB, OL, CB, S, DL, RB, WR then TE. plus, in the coming FA, there's housh, anquan boldin and shaun mcdonald, so we'll have options once we cut stallworth.

Funny: when I ranked them earlier this week, I put them in this order: ILB, OLB, CB, WR, DL, S, OL.

None of our position rankings are the same. Apparently, great minds butt heads a lot :angry:

I wouldn't mind a receiver in Round 4, maybe a TE. Heck really likes Bear Pascoe of Fresno State; he may be a good option.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what'd you think about mario urrutia? his route running is suspect, but his hands aren't terrible and he's monstrously huge albeit a bit slow. i thought he was a guy that could be coached into someone uncoverable, but other NFL people obviously didn't.

i put OLB before ILB because i think two decent guys in the middle can stop the run, but you need a stud to rush the passer if you're not going to scheme pressure. if we scheme pressure, you can switch ILB to top priority. OL's third because fraley's done, hadnot's been ineffective for some reason, and shaffer's been just plain bad.

we almost agree on CB. i have safety high because i'm not sold on jones staying nor being the player he could have been without being hurt and i don't think pool will stay consistently healthy.

we have a couple decent WRs, so WR is low on the list, but we need someone to complement harrison. lewis is pretty much a goal-line/4-minute offense back at this point.

i wouldn't mind a round 4 receiver, either. i'm not sure about who's who in the class, though. need to get on that.

Guest Aloysius

We brought Urrutia in for a draft visit, right?

He was red-flagged because of character issues, so I didn't really consider him. A lot of people were comparing him to Plaxico Burress, which seemed like a complement at the time. Now? Not so much.

I think that's a great point about scheme determining which LB spot is the greater need. Agree 100%.

Wasn't paying very close attention, but Sean Jones seemed to play pretty well on Sunday. Sure, the whole defense did, but it fits a pattern of him playing better the further he gets from his knee surgery. I think the franchise tag is going to be a serious possibility with him, especially since we have so many other pressing needs.

Not sure I've seen this mentioned anywhere before, but Jamal has a $4M roster bonus due in March. If we cut him, then RB definitely becomes a big need - guys like Shonn Green and Rashad Jennings in Round 2 could be worthy replacements.

Man, we set up a ton of bonuses for '09. It only adds to the sense that Phil thought he was assembling a Super Bowl team for this season. No way you set up so many of these deals if you're planning on these guys being the core of your team for the next 2-3 years.

jamal's bonus definitely pushes RB up the need list, especially with pretty much nowhere to turn in FA.

and urrutia's on the bengals' practice squad. they took him in round 7. scouting reports all said he has questionable hands, is a long strider and lacks focus. good thing we didn't take him. he's paul hubbard. but maybe we didn't have to trade into the fifth to nab essentially the same player we could've grabbed when he was placed on the practice squad.

we did bring him in for a visit, though.

i'd love to see jones franchised if we can't re-sign him. still want mays no matter what, though.

and the contract structures could also be an out that savage built if the team he put together didn't succeed. we could blow up part of the team and replace people without too much of a cap hit.

Guest Aloysius
jamal's bonus definitely pushes RB up the need list, especially with pretty much nowhere to turn in FA.

Interesting stat on Lewis: everyone's always said that JLew's the kind of back that gets better the more carries he gets.

Last year, that certainly seemed to be the case:

• Carries 1-10: 3.9 YPC

• Carries 11-20: 4.4 YPC

• Carries 21-30: 6.0 YPC
But this year, the opposite seems to be occurring:

• Carries 1-10: 3.9 YPC

• Carries 11-20: 3.3 YPC

• Carries 21-30: 2.8 YPC
My guess is that age and physical wear&tear finally have caught up with Jamal. Or maybe, with a new big contract, he didn't work quite as hard this offseason.

Either way, the stats seem to indicate that he's only good for about 5-10 carries a game, RBBC style. But his contract may be too big to justify keeping him for such a small role.

So you're right: RB definitely needs to get pushed up the need list.

The only positions IMO where we don't need anybody is NT, Kicker,Punter.

After that, there really isn't anybody good enough or where we have so much depth we could rule out drafting someone.

I think Phil was expecting this to be a better year....LOL

We are going to pick up something for 1 or both of those guys....Winslow seems like a solid 3rd round value.

DA.....you never know with qbs and how another team might value him. One side of me says a 6th would be great, another says some team is going to want him and might give up as much as a 2nd......I think in the end with DA, it will be some conditional deal...a 6th now....possibly as high as a 2nd the following year depending on how he plays with his new team.

I don't think he is going to being any immediate draft help, but may in 2010

'Peen....I think you are suffering from REVERSE HOMERISM!!!

It is just like when we OVER-RATE a player doing well on our team....we UNDER-RATE the value of a player on our team when they don't meet expectations.

The truth is, DA is worth at LEAST a 3rd...more likely a high 2nd. His value is experience....a manageable contract...and a big upside. He has proven he CAN do it in the league...and with all the crap going on in Cleveland right now it is very likely that opposing GM's may decide that his problems were more from the team than they were from any regression (bad play calling, WR's dropping passes, Lewis not getting yards, more sacks).

There are only 2 QB's in this draft that will rate above him (Stafford/Bradford) and they are both underclassman and may not come out....and the FA market is thin at best. Cassel faced his first major test and failed vs Pittsburgh. McNabb is old and frail. Garcia is old and limited arm. Beyond that there is nothing. Keep in mind, Schaub got 2 2nds and had a lot less to show than DA. I bet we get a 2nd and a 3rd for him.

As for K2....he may be injured, but he is also one of the top 4 TE's in the game. I would be surprised if he doesn't get at LEAST a 2nd...if not a couple of picks. I don't see us getting a 1st for him, but a 2nd and 3rd wouldn't surprise me at all.

Seriously, if we trade just those 2 players, we may very well end up with the following first day:

RD 1: Ours

RD 2: Ours plus 2

RD 3: Ours plus 2

My 4 round BROWNS MOCK DRAFT

********************* ROUND ONE *************************

Rey Maualuga ILB 6'3" 250 USC (I really changed my mind about Rey ! Read up a lot on him)

Brian Orakpo DE/ILB 6'4 - 260 lbs. Texas

If the Chargers pick before the Browns, they will get Rey. I changed my mind. Troy Pollymoomoo is quiet, too.

If the Browns pick before the Chargers, they get Rey. Both players will be huge upgrades to their respective 3-4 defenses.

ALTERNATE PLAN: There actually is a possibility that both these players may be gone by the time the Browns pick.

So, the Browns trade down maybe 7 - 10 places, and pick up a 2nd and a fifth round draft pick.

Then, they draft Eben Britton*, Arizona

Height: 6-6. Weight: 310.

Projected 40 Time: 5.05.

********************* ROUND TWO *********************

If the Browns got the lb they wanted in the first, they pick:

Eben Britton*, Arizona

Height: 6-6. Weight: 310.

Projected 40 Time: 5.05.

Projected Round (2009): 2.

7/27/08: An athletic tackle who earned a spot on the All-Pac-10 second team as a sophomore.

If they went with the Alternate plan: they have Britton already, they pick my Jack Lambert kind of 3-4 ILB:

Position: DE

School & Year/Status: Wisconsin - Senior

Height & Weight: 6'6 - 253 lbs.

Ranked #83 on our Top 100 Prospects Board

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconsin

Matt Shaughnessy is the type of player that every coach loves to have on their team. He's not only the hardest worker, he's also extremely talented. Shaughnessy has been incredibly productive during his career at Wisconsin, after taking over a starting role as a sophomore. He's another one of the new breed of college defensive ends. Shaughnessy is small, quick, and hard for big tackles to block. He seems to always be in the backfield disrupting plays, having recorded 33.5 tackles for loss and 11.5 sacks in his first three seasons. Shaughnessy might need to add a little bulk to play every down in the NFL. He plays at 253 pounds right now, and if it doesn't affect his speed, could stand to gain 15 to 20 pounds. He is very alert, and makes all the little plays that make a defense great. Shaughnessy is excellent at using his 6'6" frame to bat balls down at the line of scrimmage. He has broken up 8 pass attempts during his career when asked to drop into coverage. There is a surplus of talented pass rushers in this draft, so determining where they might go is tricky. The Badger senior is probably a third round prospect at this point in time. However, if Shaughnessy can have a productive senior season and run a good time at the NFL Combine after the season, he could go as high as the top of the second round. :

And the Browns trade Winslow for a mid round second round pick. (well, they couldn't get a first, isn't my fault GGG)

and with that pick, they draft:

Position: DT

School & Year/Status: Georgia Tech - Senior

Height & Weight: 6'2 - 293 lbs.

Ranked #50 on our Top 100 Prospects Board

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

person

Vance Walker, DT, Georgia Tech

In his first year as a full-time starter in 2007, Vance Walker tallied 14.0 tackles-for-loss and 8.5 sacks. As a result, the 6-2, 293 pound defensive tackle earned First Team All-ACC and Third Team All-America honors. Walker (one piece of a great defensive line at Georgia Tech) is an intuitive run stopper, but he does so much more than that. His ability to get into the backfield gives opposing quarterbacks nightmares.

Walker might not be the most physically imposing tackle in the draft, but he is consistent. During the 2007 season he had a tackle-for-loss in 11 of 12 regular season games and his consistency has not gone away in 2008. If that trend continues throughout the rest of his collegiate career, Walker will be a safe pick for any NFL team.

There is still a lot that Walker can do to increase his draft stock (like have a good senior season with the Yellow Jackets and have a good scouting combine), but at this point his ceiling is probably in the second or third round. Even if Walker garners more national attention and All-ACC accolades, his stock will not rise too much more until Senior Week and the Combine come around.

11/24 Update: Walker's ankle injury has slowed some of his production and he might miss the team's final regular season game against Georgia. As a result his numbers in 2008 (3.0 sacks, 8.5 tackles-for-loss) come nowhere close to his breakout campaign of a year ago. Even so, the injury is not major and most NFL teams will like Walker's versatility and speed.

********************* ROUND THREE *********************

(DA trade - well, there has to be SOME team that would give up a 3rd, dammit !)

Rashad Jennings, Liberty

Height: 6-1. Weight: 232.

Projected 40 Time: 4.46.

Projected Round (2009): 3-4.

10/18/08: For those of you who don't follow 1-AA football, Liberty is undefeated. The main reason is Rashad Jennings, who is literally carrying the Flames, Through six games, Jennings has 725 yards and eight touchdowns on a 5.6 YPC clip. NFL GMs and scouts are going to love his 40 time.

5/21/08: Rashad Jennings is a transfer from Pittsburgh, but he didn't switch schools because he couldn't keep up; he had family issues to deal with. At Liberty, Jennings totaled 1,113 yards and 15 touchdowns.

********************* ROUND FOUR *********************

Cribbs becomes a wr, pr,

White becomes kickoff returner, slot receiver

They become the Browns Dynamic Duo, and every NFL team without a "Cribbs", will hate that they didn't get their own version of

him... .

Pat White, West Virginia

Height: 6-2. Weight: 189.

Projected 40 Time: 4.43.

Projected Round (2009): 4.

5/22/08: Looking to become the next Antwaan Randle El (pre-Washington), Pat White will have to play receiver and kick returner at the next level. He has the athleticism to make the transition, but does he have the skill set?

2007: What to do with Pat White? Does he play running back at the next level? Receiver? Quarterback? Probably not the latter. Considering he rushed for 1,219 yards and 18 touchdowns, and gained 7.4 yards per carry, White will probably be placed in the backfield. His small frame concerns me, so what White needs to do after graduating is put on about 15 pounds of muscle.

pat white is an extremely interesting player. great vision, speed, quickness and agility. he could transition to a decent receiver, especially with his height. i'd love to see what he could become. i just hope the browns can bring it out of him.

we're in an interesting spot with our OL. we don't need to address it in the first, but it needs help, especially at C and RT. still, the first is way too early for us to be thinking OL.

we had a rashad jennings discussion going on yesterday. doubtful he lasts to the third. he's likely a second-round guy.

@ WPB: it's hard to not underrate your own guys after the season we've had. cleveland football teaches you to be an eternal pessimist.

i'm not sure what kind of trade value DA will have. one advantage of schaub was that he'd played very well in his limited appearances. i don't think he'd started more than a dozen games when houston traded for him, whereas DA has more than a season's worth of starts under his belt. that gives the same teams that developed strategies to shut him down plenty of tape to gauge his worth. i'm expecting a fifth or sixth, but will be ecstatic with a third or fourth. i doubt we get a two for him.

i agree completely with your K2 stance, save that i doubt we'll get a 2 and a 3 for him. that's a huge bounty. more likely, we'll get a 2 and a 5 or a 4. the shockey deal set the standard. it's up to savage to get someone to up it.

'Peen....I think you are suffering from REVERSE HOMERISM!!!

LOL.....maybe so.

Like I said...I think DA is worth a higher pick....it is all going to depend on how other teams feel and who else might be on the market, but as I have said on several occasions....DA is going to be a good qb in this league

If we got a 3rd rounder, I would consider that fair compensation.

I am still not getting all this mass media idea of us going for a CB in the early rounds. Our 2 young guys have done a pretty decent job considering we get ZERO pressure on opposing QB's...and they are constantly needed in run support. Plus, we should be getting Daven Holly (only year 5 next year, so still young) back next year...allowing McDonald to go to the slot...or if McDonald wins...then Holly can go slot.

Our needs, in order of importance to me, are:

ILB - With a true run stuffer we free up our S's for blitzing packages...and for over the top coverages.

OLB/S - This depends on 2 players on our team. If Hall is showing the improvement to become the bookend....then OLB is not as important. If Jones gets resigned, S is not as important. Personally, I don't think Jones is coming back, so I believe that S is a very important position for us. If we can get a head-banger like Polamalu...he can improve our blitz packages as well as the run support....thereby giving our corners better opportunities.

RG/C - We have a major weakness here. Tucker is great...but old. Hadnot will probably fill one of these positions...depending which position we fill. I prefer the RG spot.

WR/RB - Again, a lot depends on the guys we have in house. Is Hubbard a bust? Is Harrison a viable option? If either of these can step up it allows us to go the other direction.

With all that said, and seeing how the draft is lining up right now (plenty will change) along with the FA's available....

ILB - I like Curry in the draft. Maualagu may work as we have a fast guy in DQ for coverage. In FA, an interesting option is Channing Crowder, Miami. He is 6'2" 250, has 89 tackles (69 solo) and 4 PDef on the 11th ranked rush defense. The Dolphins are playing a 3-4 since Parcells came aboard and Channing is doing well.

OLB/S - As I said, I think S is probably the way we end up going here. Jones is going to ask for too much. I see us going in round 2 for this...and that means we likely end up with Chung. His only drawback is size (6' 210)....and he is bigger than Polamalu (5'10" 207). He has a motor....hits bigger than he is (like Troy)....and has good coverage skills. In FA there are some really great options...but likely none of them leave their teams. If we go OLB, I LOVE Orakpo...but he would be 1st round material and I am not sure of any 2nd rounders here.

RG/C - At center, I think AQ Shipley out of Penn State may be a steel. He isn't a GREAT athlete, but is a road grader type that won't get blown up by the DT/NT's in the AFC North. He would be a nice 3rd/4th round pick. That would allow Hadnot to move to RG along with Tucker. I also think Eric Young, T will be making an impact on this team next year.

WR/RB - Don't be surprised if Sanders/Steptoe suddenly make an impact next year. They spent the entire preseason this past year with BQ and will have another one this year. Sanders has good size...and Steptoe is a perfect slot guy. I really don't see us going for a WR this draft unless we get picks to burn from trading DA/K2. Rucker and Hubbard are also likely to make an impact here...so I just don't see it. RB, however, is a position we need. I think we get away from the BIG guy...but there really aren't a lot of the 6'1" 215 prototypes available this year. Jennings and Lucky are two guys that interest me....but Lucky moreso due to his size and great hands. Combining him with Harrison would give defenses fits as it would not give an indication if it was run or pass no matter who was in the backfield.

Anyway, there is my book as of 12/5/08. I am sure it will change over the coming months...

we should be getting Daven Holly (only year 5 next year, so still young) back next year...allowing McDonald to go to the slot...or if McDonald wins...then Holly can go slot.

Couldn't agree more. I'm OK with Wright, McDonald, Holly back there...for now.

That's why I'd advocate drafting whomever's left of Curry/Maualuga/Mays in round 1 and perhaps a RB (Spiller/Davis?? Don't know their "grades" offhand) in round two.

OR

(bite my tongue) Chris Wells in round one and hope a guy like George Selvie/Brian Cushing/Clay Jr./etc. is there in round two. Hopefully, for us, Cushing will experience a Poz/Connor-style drop in the draft. :)

cushing's round one all the way. dude has way too much talent to go anywhere else. he's been consistently solid every time i've seen USC play and has flashes of ridiculous brilliance.

injuries are the only thing that can stop him, and he's had his share, but someone will believe they can either keep him healthy or it'll be worth it to have him on the field for a max of fourteen games every season, more likely eight to twelve, kind of like bob sanders.

i bet most people who aren't ardent browns followers don't know how good our corners are, and therefore expect us to need an upgrade.

I am still not getting all this mass media idea of us going for a CB in the early rounds. Our 2 young guys have done a pretty decent job considering we get ZERO pressure on opposing QB's...and they are constantly needed in run support. Plus, we should be getting Daven Holly (only year 5 next year, so still young) back next year...allowing McDonald to go to the slot...or if McDonald wins...then Holly can go slot.

Our needs, in order of importance to me, are:

ILB - With a true run stuffer we free up our S's for blitzing packages...and for over the top coverages.

OLB/S - This depends on 2 players on our team. If Hall is showing the improvement to become the bookend....then OLB is not as important. If Jones gets resigned, S is not as important. Personally, I don't think Jones is coming back, so I believe that S is a very important position for us. If we can get a head-banger like Polamalu...he can improve our blitz packages as well as the run support....thereby giving our corners better opportunities.

RG/C - We have a major weakness here. Tucker is great...but old. Hadnot will probably fill one of these positions...depending which position we fill. I prefer the RG spot.

WR/RB - Again, a lot depends on the guys we have in house. Is Hubbard a bust? Is Harrison a viable option? If either of these can step up it allows us to go the other direction.

With all that said, and seeing how the draft is lining up right now (plenty will change) along with the FA's available....

ILB - I like Curry in the draft. Maualagu may work as we have a fast guy in DQ for coverage. In FA, an interesting option is Channing Crowder, Miami. He is 6'2" 250, has 89 tackles (69 solo) and 4 PDef on the 11th ranked rush defense. The Dolphins are playing a 3-4 since Parcells came aboard and Channing is doing well.

OLB/S - As I said, I think S is probably the way we end up going here. Jones is going to ask for too much. I see us going in round 2 for this...and that means we likely end up with Chung. His only drawback is size (6' 210)....and he is bigger than Polamalu (5'10" 207). He has a motor....hits bigger than he is (like Troy)....and has good coverage skills. In FA there are some really great options...but likely none of them leave their teams. If we go OLB, I LOVE Orakpo...but he would be 1st round material and I am not sure of any 2nd rounders here.

RG/C - At center, I think AQ Shipley out of Penn State may be a steel. He isn't a GREAT athlete, but is a road grader type that won't get blown up by the DT/NT's in the AFC North. He would be a nice 3rd/4th round pick. That would allow Hadnot to move to RG along with Tucker. I also think Eric Young, T will be making an impact on this team next year.

WR/RB - Don't be surprised if Sanders/Steptoe suddenly make an impact next year. They spent the entire preseason this past year with BQ and will have another one this year. Sanders has good size...and Steptoe is a perfect slot guy. I really don't see us going for a WR this draft unless we get picks to burn from trading DA/K2. Rucker and Hubbard are also likely to make an impact here...so I just don't see it. RB, however, is a position we need. I think we get away from the BIG guy...but there really aren't a lot of the 6'1" 215 prototypes available this year. Jennings and Lucky are two guys that interest me....but Lucky moreso due to his size and great hands. Combining him with Harrison would give defenses fits as it would not give an indication if it was run or pass no matter who was in the backfield.

Anyway, there is my book as of 12/5/08. I am sure it will change over the coming months...

I agree with you 95%

-In the first round we need a guy like Rey, big hitter and just flat out gets to the RB. D'Q Jackson can be the cover guy, and we have Hall and Wimbley as our OLB's to me, simply putting in Rey Maualagu and starting hall seems like it would make everyone play better due to the fact that everyone can be focused on their job, instead of having to think about covering for everyone else.

-As you all know, I really like Rashad Jennings, at 6'2 235 with a great forty time, hes just a beast, and it looks as if pairing him with harrison would instantly improve our RB situation x2. This is why I think he should be drafted round 2 or three, wherver we can assuredly get him.

-Other pressing needs are a safety I think Jones will stay, and he is solid, but we need someone by his side, a safety like polamalu, there is that one safety from Miami that was looking pretty good in the late rounds.

-Other things that we can get scattered throughout the rest of the draft is a solid right tackle replacement for Tucker, because he keeps getting injured and what we have now dosent cut it, a solid DT, and a Big corner.

So I guess I would say our needs look something like:

1.ILB

2.RB

3.RT

4.S

5.DT

6.CB

cushing's round one all the way.

I thought the same thing about Posluzny. The injury scares might very well push Cushing into round 2, his outstanding play notwithstanding. If not, so be it.

Just saw on DraftDaddy that WR Brian Hartline, OSU is going to opt for the draft. He is considered a 5th round draft choice and may be the Wes Welker type we could use??? I don't follow OSU that much, so anyone want to jump in?

if cushing goes into round 2, i'd be ecstatic to get him. he's a pro, now. he needs to live in a hyperbaric chamber when he's not playing.

hartline's had a quiet year, but can get open, knows how to sit down in a zone, and has dependable hands. he's not as shifty as welker and can't make people miss, but he can catch the ball. a #2.

Guest Aloysius

Michael Johnson's not going to be the 2nd pick in the draft, and Aaron Curry isn't going to slide to pick #31.

I do think he's right about Sam Bradford being the #1 pick (if he declares).

Just saw on DraftDaddy that WR Brian Hartline, OSU is going to opt for the draft. He is considered a 5th round draft choice and may be the Wes Welker type we could use??? I don't follow OSU that much, so anyone want to jump in?

I'm hoping he goes, for some reason I just don't like that kid.

He'll be okay in the league, but he's nothing to even discuss, really. If anybody remembers Brian Stablein, this is he but a little taller and not as quick.

I want to see the younger blood at OSU like Devier Posey and Jake Stoneburner, it's time for Hartline to go.

someone that hasn't been mentioned in a while is george selvie, DE/OLB from USF. he's, physically, the embodiment of what a 3-4 OLB should be: big, fast, strong and a terror on the edge. i saw him play a couple times this year and he was double-teamed all game long. it should frustrate him enough to have him come out.

in 2007, when he wasn't being double-teamed all game, here are his stats: 45 Sol-58 TT, 31.5 TFL, 14.5 SK, 9 QBH, 3 FF, 1 BLK

2006: 54 Sol-84 TT, 14.5 TFL, 5.5 SK, 1 PBU, 9 QBH, 2 FR, 4 FF

he didn't miss a game in either of those years, but has been hampered by an ankle injury this year.

he's 6-4, 252 and runs a 40 that averages out to 4.72.

he's fallen off the radar a bit because he's been squeezed all year, but has the physical tools to make the leap. thoughts?

Guest Aloysius

I only watched one USF game this season, and it was during the time in whiich Selvie was really hobbled by the ankle injury. I'll try to catch some USF highlights & see what I think.

According to nfldraftscout, Selvie's a Round 1 guy. If he slipped to Round 2, that'd certainly make things interesting for us.

Guest Aloysius

Here's more of an explanation as to why Alex Mack's stock seems to be falling:

C Alex Mack, California (Sr.)

6-3 7⁄8, 310, 5.1e

Is smart, naturally strong, very tough and will grind defenders into the ground with the warrior’s mentality with which he plays. However, he does not always play to his size because his hips are so tightly wound that he struggles to bend, uncoil and stay on his feet, resulting in too much time on the ground. His lack of hip flexibility has left evaluators questioning his core functional football playing strength, which is very important when trying to match up with big-bodied pluggers. Should be a solid NFL starter but always could struggle handling massive widebodies.

especially with haloti ngata and casey hampton (and his eventual replacement) in our division, it begs the question of whether there ever be a center who's strong enough to handle massive DTs. it's almost like we need to find a exceptionally strong tackle and convert him to center.

[Mack]Should be a solid NFL starter but always could struggle handling massive widebodies.

Alo, I really dug your idea of drafting a new center, but we'd just be getting a guy with Fraley's issues. Didn't Hadnot play center for a bit in MIA? Perhaps he's worth a look there...

Thomas---Steinbach---Hadnot---Tucker/McKinney---anyone but Shaffer (perhaps Loadholt in Rd. 2?) might work...

Archived