THE BROWNS BOARD

Rashad Jennings

PlaygroundLegend

Guest Aloysius
Rashad Jennings

Monday Practice Notes: Turned in a terrific performance. Had a burst, showed strength in his running and did well in blocking drills. Also made a tremendous catch in full scrimmage. Displayed a complete game and really stood out.

Yeah, Im still for Rey.....

Rey and Rashad rounds 1 & 2!

I think that this senior bowl week will hit him as a reality check and he will work his ass off for the combine and really shine.

But this is about Rashad people, I posted this months ago and its coming to fruition!!! I really hope we draft him.

• 1 month later...

Wells did not run well and he only did as many bench press reps as a much smaller Knowshon Moreno.

Not good for Chris Wells. I think his 40 time was last among the RB's that ran today. His BP reps was close to the bottom.

Curry didn't set the world on fire with his amount of reps either.

Somethimes you got to look past the numbers and remember what these guys actually did on the football field for a few years.

There's somthing I notice that is football game speed. When the guy has the pads on and can burst through a hole, or run someone over or use his long arms to get off blocks and make tackles behind the line of scrimmage. I also see muscle bound guys that lose their quickness and speed guys that can't run routes or look great in shorts, but one the pads go on they don't like contact.

I'm still looking for them to find a way to measure heart, passion (love of the game), desire to win and football smarts.

Guest Aloysius
Jennings made some money today...so did Andre Brown

Yeah, Andre Brown was the big winner today. Which sucks - I was hoping we could get him in the 4th Round.

Somethimes you got to look past the numbers and remember what these guys actually did on the football field for a few years.

There's somthing I notice that is football game speed. When the guy has the pads on and can burst through a hole, or run someone over or use his long arms to get off blocks and make tackles behind the line of scrimmage. I also see muscle bound guys that lose their quickness and speed guys that can't run routes or look great in shorts, but one the pads go on they don't like contact.

I'm still looking for them to find a way to measure heart, passion (love of the game), desire to win and football smarts.

You are absolutely right. I remember the knock on Speilman, and the reason he fell to the second round was his speed.

Heart may be more important in football than any other sport.

But the problem with Wells is the question of how much heart is there. The Scouts question it. That being the case I thought it was going to be very important for Wells to come out this week and knock their socks off with great numbers. He didn't. do it.

Guest Aloysius
Liberty RB Rashad Jennings posted unofficial 4.49 and 4.62 forty-yard dash times at the NFL Combine Sunday

The second time wasn't quite as good. Still, Jennings has had an impressive offseason, showing outstanding strength and good speed at 6'1/234. He will likely be bumped up draft boards after his Senior Bowl and Combine.

Hopefully, he'll run somewhere in the 4.4's at his pro day.

Ahah! He did run a sub 4.5 time!!!!

He is a back that ran a

4.49 40yd dash

11.46 60yd shuttle

all while being 6'1 and weighing 235+lbs

oh, dont forget he put up 29 reps and showed off his great hands at the senior bowl.

He will be a star

Hopefully he will be our star.

Did I see right? Shonne Green ran a 4.65 ? Not to quibble on 40 times, but

Jennings is looking like a high second round pick to me.

Trade down, get extra picks, especially in the second round.

Cushing may be the first round, after trade down, lb.

He seems to have a Jack Lambert demeanor. I'd be happy with that pick.

I dont see him going past the middle of round 2...

The question is, are we smart enough to scoop him up?

How are the currrent injuries going to effect our drafting of everyone?

and

Since Wells had a bad workout, and so did most of the RB's, if they all fall to our round 2 pick, do we choose Jennings over them

I dont see him going past the middle of round 2...

The question is, are we smart enough to scoop him up?

How are the currrent injuries going to effect our drafting of everyone?

and

Since Wells had a bad workout, and so did most of the RB's, if they all fall to our round 2 pick, do we choose Jennings over them

Wells didn't have a bad workout. He ran a 4.59 and most scouts said it is about what they expected for a man his size. He also did very well in the interviews which to some is more important then the time in the 40. No way he drops lower then Philly at #21 and I believe he will go way before that.

I don't think GMs and HCs put as much stock in times as some here do. That isn't the biggest factor, it is just one factor. Breaking down film and watching these guys play football is somewhat of a factor. Static measurements and strength and speed testing are a factor................................................

Someone like Crabtree or Brown who measure 2" shorter then advertised is a big factor, but people still know they can play football.

Archived