THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns fan turns "Yellow"

Rocky20

I saw this on another board and thought you may enjoy the great read....remember, Old Rocky will be hear to stick a boot in your eye when you are down and out.

First of all let me get this straight, I have been a Browns fan for every one of the years I can remember out of my 31 years on this planet, and let me just say that this is my last year as a Brown's fan. That's right, it's official, the fans and the organization have run me out and I will here and forever more be a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, that's right, I'm not just gonna cheat on my wife, I'm gonna screw her sister and send her the videotape, and if anyone even reads these this is why....

1) The last straw came this Sunday when the Browns fans at the stadium began to cheer an injury to Derek Anderson, CHEER, the same guy they were touting as the greatest thing since sliced bread 12 months ago, illustrating the LACK OF INTELLIGENCE AND PATIENCE of the Browns fans. Yeah, this season is just his fault, not a lack of creative play calling, sub-par offensive line play, total lack of a running game, injury to your overpaid number 2 reciever (Stallworth) and forcing a bad player to be your number 2 (sorry Steptoe), the complete lack of foresight and understanding of how to use your personnel such as Jerome Harrison and getting him the ball in space, lack of understanding of how to use Cribbs in the ever-popular WildDawg formation and never-ever-ever allowing him to throw a pass out of it and keep the defense honest, some of the WORST CLOCK MANAGEMENT IN THE NFL ON CRENNELS behalf, injuries and ongoing mental issues with "THE SOLDIER", and lest we not forget Braylon. All the talent in the world and a total inability to catch the ball. When DA was benched he had 9TD 7INT and a QB rating of 73. Braylon easily left 4 TD on the field in this time span, possibly 5, but add 4 in and that is 13 TD and 7 INT and a QB rating of around 98, plus possibly 2 more wins. Yeah, It's just his fault.

2)The Cleveland Browns totally lack any identity or structure. Since they have returned to the league they have adamantly refused to stick to any sort of plan what-so-ever, fully believing that they can throw money at any problem and it will be fixed, the ownership, who is the only ownership in the league that has it's decisions be influenced by the drunk ignorant fans, but they believe they can throw money at a problem and it is fixed, presto-chango. They along with the fans refuse to recognize the fact that sometimes it takes a few years to get used to the speed and caliber of the NFL, but the Browns, who have never won a Super Bowl, believe that they should win a Super Bowl every year. You see the Pittsburgh Steelers and other teams in the NFL do it every year, draft guys in the 4th, 5th and so on rounds, bring them in, let them play on the practice squad, get used to the NFL, then they start, they are good a lot of times, sometimes it doesn't work out, but they practice PATIENCE and FAITH, not "well you're here, take us to the promised land."

3)The Ceveland Browns are the only organization that does not lead by example and does not learn from the examples of others. Peyton Manning played very well his first year as a starter, then in his second year he struggled as defenses caught up to him and he needed time to adjust to the NFL. Tom Brady went 8-8 his second year as a starter after lighting up the league his first year coming in for the injured Drew Brees, guess what---defenses caught up to him and he had to LEARN. Why don't the Browns get that. Derek Anderson had a Pro-Bowl year last year, then defenses caught up to him and he needed a bit of time to learn, NOPE, NOT IN CRAPLAND, I mean CLEVELAND. No learning curve, Super Bowl or bust, you have got to be kidding me. The Browns sign DA to a 3 year deal, not out of faith, out of pure pissing down their legs because the team at the very top of the organization doesn't even know how to handle success, let alone even get there and stay there. They sign him, name him their starter and all the while trot "THE GOLDEN BOY" around behind him and want him to develop an identity as a starter, get the players to rally around him while the organization itself is dividing the locker room by not fully backing him, hell or either QB for that matter. Then the all knowing fans take to the airwaves and ask "I just don't know what's wrong with Derek Anderson, why doesn't he have any confidence." I realize these guys are multi-million dollar athletes and they should block it out but they are only human. Hey, why don't I come to your office job, get drunk and stand there and chant "Bob, Bob, Bob" or whoever the guy that is below you at your place of employment, but wait you wouldn't want your boss to listen to some drunk a%$hole, well that's exactly what the Browns organization and coaching staff does.

4)NO IDENTITY. The Browns have not had anything close to an identity since they came back into the league, this means that as a team you know you do ONE thing better than anyone else and no matter what you will force the other team to stop you from doing the one thing you are good at, guess what we have not had ONE in a very long time. That starts at the top folks, instead of trusting players, and I don't know, coaching them and teaching them it is ONE AND DONE in Cleveland, you get one shot at greatness and that is it. That couldn't be more annoying and couldn't be more of a byproduct of impatient and ignorant fans, pressure gets to everyone eventually and the Browns are no different.

5) SOME OF THE MOST LOYAL, BUT FOOTBALL IGNORANT FANS IN THE WORLD. Seriously, you are Browns fans, just deal with it, this is your identity. Most fans don't understand what it takes to build a consistently competitive team in the NFL, the problem neither does the CLEVELAND BROWNS ORGANIZATION. I went into the wayback machine to 12 months ago, I was listening to the Brownies die-hards tout Crennel as a great coach, begging for him to get an extension on Sportstalk Radio, now they are just milling around his office taking measurements for new furniture for someone else, NO UNDERSTANDING, NO PATIENCE.

6) The last straw-The GOLDEN NUGGET BOY. I don't know if anyone has the hindsight to remember all the way back to 3 years ago. Remember when 21 other teams did not want to draft Brady Quinn, did anyone ever think to ask themselves WHY we got so "lucky"? There is a simple matter of physics that come into play when throwing a football or a baseball, arm strength and weight training are great but lets be honest you can either HUCK it or not, Brady folks cannot. There are a certain number of throws that NFL scouts look for QB prospects to be able to make when entering the NFL. BRADY QUINN cannot make several of these throws. He cannot make the deep out to either side of the field without throwing a high-arcing ball, deep outs that hang in the air are called INTERCEPTIONS. Golden Nugget also cannot throw the deep ball, he can barely throw it 50 yards deal with it, it is true. All the EAS shakes and weight training will never make a difference. By tapping the Golden Nugget as our savior and starter they have started the process by which they will alienate and eventually force the parting of ways with Braylon Edwards. The one thing we did start to develop as an identity last year was the ability to throw the deep ball to Braylon, bad news, noodle arm cannot do it. For anyone that believes that a WR like Braylon will sign up to catch slant routes and crossing routes only to have his face readjusted by NFL safeties and MLB's better look again, he has made his football career off of the ability to go deep, and it isn't going to change for him, the only difference is now the Browns have a QB who simply cannot get the ball 50 yards downfield. Think I am lying, pull up you-tube video of Brady's private workouts for NFL scouts when he did not even attempt a pass over 30 yards, pull up any Notre Dame tape from his time there. It is called Chad Pennington SYNDROME.

7) The fans take to the airways every Monday to take a verbal crap on the one guy in Cleveland who appears to have his crap together, Mel Tucker. The Browns defensive coordinator is the only one who appears to have a clue. The Browns defense with the exception of two outings has gone out there and overperformed when the offense constantly goes 3 and out and puts them in bad positions. Nobody can get to the QB and despite Shaun Rogers All-Pro caliber play the Browns continue to be one of the worst units in the NFL against the run. Enter the linebacking corps, the Browns defensive line has done their job, plugging gaps and necessitating constant double teams, the linebacking corps is either too slow (Love ya Andra Davis but you are), too small and playing out of position (sorry D'Qwell but you should be outside and rushing the QB), or just too old and a total liability on defense (sorry Willie but you had a great career), and they do not make tackles in the running game where they should, at the line of scrimmage.

This year was the final straw, I am too intelligent to waste my time rooting for a hapless organization such as the Cleveland Browns, they are like having a girlfriend that cheats on you over and over. You take her back, things go good for a while, she even does some nice things for you (10-6 in 2007) then she turns around and screws your friend in your own bed. Well I will not allow the Browns to hurt me anymore.

Sincerely-Former #1 Browns Fan

That guy will not be missed. If he had a mentally handicapped child he would find a way to dump them in the lake.

Bandwagon fan through and through. He said he is too intelligent to root for us, more like too weak. Real fans stick with there teams through the best, and the worst!

I will never care how bad my team is, was, or going to be.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. I suspect he is going to root for Atlanta now, hell even Arizona. Put money on it, he comes sneaking through the back door soon as we see the play-offs.

This piece of trash can speculate all he wants, he is just trying to justify himself being a turncoat. Effe him, I hope to see him on the street so I can push his face in!

Go Browns.....FOR LIFE!

Yawn... he's telling me things I already knew... but then he bailed. I am not going to any Browns games in the near future but that doesn't mean I am not going to watch them and root for them! Once a Brownie, always a Brownie. Let's go Dawgs!! (and all of you pussy bandwaggon guys can go too!)

I hear ya and i dont blame you im on the verge of not being an nfl fan anymore myself if mr.soccerfag messes up again..(unavoidable) i wish i could learn to like another team but its not possible for me so i will turn my back on nfl football in general i cant support an owner like randy lerner much longer for similar reasons namely that this organization does not have a owner,structure or an on field product i can even remotely relate to this is not the browns i grew up watching and the fans have changed as well they have went from a vocal rowdy diehard fanbase that insisted on being competitive and proud to a whimpering we will take whatever godman lerner gives us in the ass and love it bunch of zombies that dont or cant think and wont say no to lerner...

One more chance to return the cleveland browns back to a form that has attitude class and toughness and if it doesnt happen next year im firing the cleveland browns and the nfl for tolorating such a bum as randy lerner as a franchise owner..

I know some of you so called browns fans could care less as long as you have a product that looks like the browns and helps folks make a living in a dying town but nevertheless its an imposter not the real deal the real browns are in baltimore...we have a bad owner and a broken organization 2nd rate at best and its hard to tolorate...

Randy lerner has done nothing to gain the fans loyalty or respect and neither did al lerner give us a product we can be proud of win or lose give us back an identity we can relate too give us back our browns!

I hear ya and i dont blame you im on the verge of not being an nfl fan anymore myself if mr.soccerfag messes up again..(unavoidable) i wish i could learn to like another team but its not possible for me so i will turn my back on nfl football in general i cant support an owner like randy lerner much longer for similar reasons namely that this organization does not have a owner,structure or an on field product i can even remotely relate to this is not the browns i grew up watching and the fans have changed as well they have went from a vocal rowdy diehard fanbase that insisted on being competitive and proud to a whimpering we will take whatever godman lerner gives us in the ass and love it bunch of zombies that dont or cant think and wont say no to lerner...

One more chance to return the cleveland browns back to a form that has attitude class and toughness and if it doesnt happen next year im firing the cleveland browns and the nfl for tolorating such a bum as randy lerner as a franchise owner..

I know some of you so called browns fans could care less as long as you have a product that looks like the browns and helps folks make a living in a dying town but nevertheless its an imposter not the real deal the real browns are in baltimore...we have a bad owner and a broken organization 2nd rate at best and its hard to tolorate...

Only in a perfect world we could all can have the best owners. Times will change. We have the talent, but its not utilized. We need someone with a tighter grip to get all the juice from these lemons.

Once a real fan, always a fan. You can't just stop being a fan unless you are a douchebag. Glad this loser won't be pretending to root for the Browns anymore.

Yup your just the kind of idiot randy lerner really likes one that settles for not only an imposter team but a bad one at that while randy plays musical chairs replacing one broken piece with another broken piece and no knowledge of how to own an nfl team randy needs to visit the rooneys for a while or even attend a browns game every once in a while you call someone who is fed up with a real incompetent douchebag running the organization but you throw insults at fans who remember what real browns football should be...

You are directing your douchebaggery at the wrong people sir...

Art modell was far from a perfect owner but at least he had a system randy doesnt know anything about the game an organization is only as good as its owners ability to put the right people in place not how much money you throw into it he really needs help lerning about the responsibility to the fans and city he doesnt even live in..what part of absentee owner who blames everyone but himself do you not understand?

And yeah once a true fan always a true fan until the team you love shows no hope of returning to its true identity or even gaining its own identity with an owner who experiments with running an nfl franchise like a banking organization instead of following an already proven formula at that point we are only truly idiots to be happy fans..

I would bet pretty much anything that this was not even written by a browns fan. It looks like they scoured the forum for a month for accurate things to say, but he also included stuff that completely ruined his credibility.

Verdict:

Steeler fan with too much time.

Yup your just the kind of idiot randy lerner really likes one that settles for not only an imposter team but a bad one at that while randy plays musical chairs replacing one broken piece with another broken piece and no knowledge of how to own an nfl team randy needs to visit the rooneys for a while or even attend a browns game every once in a while you call someone who is fed up with a real incompetent douchebag running the organization but you throw insults at fans who remember what real browns football should be...

You are directing your douchebaggery at the wrong people sir...

What? Have you ever considered ending a sentence? I didn't throw an insult at a Cleveland Browns fan. The guy stopped being one, remember? And anyone else who quits being a Browns fan... IS NO LONGER A FAN (and they never really were).

Anyone that can "stop" being a fan and decide to root for another team is a bandwagon douchebag. That's all there is to it. You don't stop being a fan because of management... their are other ways to protest. A true fan has a connection with their team.

Look we have all said the same thing or things. It's a rant. Sometimes people have to get it out of their system. If he is true. He will be back.

I agree with everything... Not sure about the week arm of Quinn. He doesn't look week, but that does not relate into throwing a long ball. I just watched a vid on youtube

And at 1:18 he appears to be throwing the ball like a baseball. Granted that was like 2 years ago, but his mechanics were not great IMO. But he has looked a lot better in the games he was able to play. He also throws a few deep in the vid...

He has a few good points, but for the life of me I cannot think of one person who wanted and lobbied for Crennel to be extended after last year. That's some bullshit.

Fire the coaching staff, bring in new people, evaluate, start DA if you want, I don't care. The problem starts at HC and trickles down. DA was having a bad year tho, there's no doubt. If we're going to compare DA to Brady and Manning, having 8-8 seasons in their second year, I don't think 4-8 quite compares, neither does his passer rating in the bottom of the NFL.

Quinn can't throw the deep ball longer than 50 yards? Are we seriously hoping he can throw it more than 50 yards? Does he even need to? How often does a quarterback throw it 50 yards through the air anyway? We'd have to be on our f--king 40 yard line for him to do that. Are you really going for the end zone at that point? Maybe if the opportunity presents itself, but seriously, we wont live and die without hail marys.

What? Have you ever considered ending a sentence? I didn't throw an insult at a Cleveland Browns fan. The guy stopped being one, remember? And anyone else who quits being a Browns fan... IS NO LONGER A FAN (and they never really were).

Anyone that can "stop" being a fan and decide to root for another team is a bandwagon douchebag. That's all there is to it. You don't stop being a fan because of management... their are other ways to protest. A true fan has a connection with their team.

+1

This team is a ferrari being drivin by somebody learning to drive stick.

The product is good, its not being used to its full potential.

Guest 88fingerslewy
+1

See that right there I couldnt agree more. I don't think a team hand grenade is required like some have suggested. With todays spoiled brat pro athlete there has to be some motivation from the coaches and consequences for under-performing. The team has some glaring age issues in some positions but overall they're young with lots of talent. I think next season with the right coaching we'll see a 10-6 season again or better.

Guest ATENEARS
i hope point #6 about BQ turns out to be wrong.

The rest of this essay is right on the money. Too bad we lost this fan. That only makes room for one more drunken turd.

I agree 100% ... excellent rant and right on the money. And I agree, I hope this guy is wrong about ole noodle arm.

I wish I had thought to write that (almost did in calling out the media & fans yesterday and noted for my DA backing). I would never jump ship to be a freaking Steeler fan though, but I'd love to abondon this piece of shit team, although I'm not intelligent like him.

We need this guy on this board, he speaks the truth and ain't a sheep.

I don't know who is more an idiot, this schmuck for writing the same issues over and over (can you say redundant) or me for reading halfway through his crap.

Good ridence. Some points are valid, but bottom line, stay true or watch Sunday afternoon old time movies.

I'm not proud of the fans in the stadium either, but I would argue there are probably more that are decent than the meatheads that were making noise last week. There IS a legacy here, just needs to be woken up again. Don't forget, when the Browns came back, we were allowed the colors, name, etc. That carries alot of weight. Do you have any idea how many true blue Baltimore Colts fans were completely lost when they lost their team. They were a class organization and it was taken away. We at least got our identity back. Hold on, things WILL get better and those dumbass fans will once again fade into the crowd of decent fans.

He sure sounds alot like a New England fan ... until their dynasty fades away, which it is starting to do.

+1

Absolutely agree... On paper, we should be headed for the playoffs this year. I think I even read where some where having the Browns challenging for the AFC championship. Really, we have some great talent. Poor utilization though.

DA - Offensive line has had some poor games. But so has DA.

Stallworth - Who?

BE - Leads the league in what stat for a WR?

Winslow - Maybe we should just start calling him Junior for acting like a 5 year old.

JJ - Hasn't even played.

Play calling has been horrible

Cribbs - The only thing worth watching about a browns game, but I do wish he would take his returns outside a little more often, and he is not utilized properly. Shoot.. Let him start at QB. How much fun would that be to watch.

Secondary - Why not just give them another 10 yards

Aaron Rodgers - The only guy who seems to give a darn on defense

The list could go on and on...

Jeez... The list just goes on and on.

He is a Steeler fan. When one decides to engage in glory hunting cos his team is not good, he will not support the enemy, but rather the enemy's enemy.

Point #1 .... on the money !

Point #2 .... we never expected to win the super bowl .. we are happy with a playoff chance or a contention. When we lose to teams like Texans in a must win situation then every fan has the right to get angry. If the players are shooting themselves then we must let them know that. I dont have bosses who go " poor baby ... he is just not ready for the job yet, but i will still give him a big fat paycheck".

Point #3 .... I can only assume he is angry that we drafted BQ and have him as the starter for 2009. nothing personal against DA but we cannot have 2 star QB's getting 2 star salaries. Someone has to go, and the team preferred local boy BQ.

Point #4 .... No Identity is true but that is because we dont have a steadfast game plan thanks to the coaching whom you dont want fired. JL says that he practiced rushing x no of times int he practice and was surprised to get only single digit carries in the game. Explain that ? And to coach young players we need a good coaching staff which we dont have and that means we need to spend money on free agents to fill in the spots which you dont like, so u r going to cry either ways.

Point #5 .... Well i cannot speak for the whole brows fan ... but i can speak for myself. I wanted RAC gone by midway this season and wanted to get Kiffin. Kiffin is a QB coach in USC and will be influential in the development of BQ or DA. Also he can get his dad monte kiffin here which is a major boost to our defense. sadly it never materialized.

Point #6 .... BQ is smart in the pocket, moves well enuf to buy extra 2,3 seconds for BE to get free and drop the catch and also has decent arm power. If you want QB's with big arm power then also be aware that without big time receivers that can often lead to incompletions and interceptions. BA does not fit our offensive line men as they do struggle to buy him time and he is not quick. So BQ with quick movement and good accuracy and average arm power is fine ... unless u want to realign our offensive linemen (without spending money on free agents again).

Point #7 .... The Browns DC has a clue ? excuse me ? I can only assume that u did not watch the games where our defense blew away two big time leads (too busy watching the Steelers game huh ?). By the time our defense got back to being decent ... it is already a bit too late.

My rant is done ... hopefully i did not bore anyone !

I saw this on another board and thought you may enjoy the great read....remember, Old Rocky will be hear to stick a boot in your eye when you are down and out.

1. I actually don't recall that many people labelling Derek Anderson as the one. Before the season was over last year and all through the offseason I read many people's complaints that he was innaccurate and locked on recievers and hung then out to dry with bad throws. It's easy to sit there and say if, if, if about missed oppurtunities.

2. I don't think the fans have influenced any decisions.

3. Tom Brady hardly light up the league in his first season. He did not replace Drew Brees.

Peyton Manning actually did better his second season. He had more yards, fewer interceptions, a better td/ interception ratio, better yards per throw, took fewer sacks, had a better completeion percentage, and had a QB rating 20 points higher.

Tom Brady's QB rating was one point lower in his second season than his first as a starter.

At least get your facts stright.

4. Isn't this the same point as #2?

5. Whatever you say.

6. I dount you have the football knowledge to really make such an assesment.

7. The defense sucks.

He'll be back.. Just like everyone else. How many times have you said to yourself.. "That's it, I'm done!" And don't lie!!! Everyone has done it! Then after calming down for a day or two.. you CAN'T WAIT TILL THE BROWNS PLAY AGAIN.

PS. I would never EVER cheer for the steelers. I would rather never watch football again.

He'll be back.. Just like everyone else. How many times have you said to yourself.. "That's it, I'm done!" And don't lie!!! Everyone has done it! Then after calming down for a day or two.. you CAN'T WAIT TILL THE BROWNS PLAY AGAIN.

PS. I would never EVER cheer for the steelers. I would rather never watch football again.

I've said it damn near every season since we got the team back.

i live in Pa about the same distance from pitts as i do cleveland. when the brownies were taken from me a few years ago it would have been easy to be a steeler fan, but just could never happen. i did lose a little interest for a while but eventually started watching the niners. why, because they are in the nfc and on the other side of the country. any true fan would never turn to black and yellow. its a pride thing. pride for the team and pride for yourself. If i were to show up at a bar wearing black and gold my buddies would take me out back and beat me. and some of them are steeler fans.

guys not a real fan, plus not all that factual either. if your gonna rant at least get the facts right.

Archived