THE BROWNS BOARD

User feedback mod for this board

pl4tinum

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/7986

Maybe we can get this mod added to the board? I can help install if needed...

It lets you give each post/user a thumbs up or down for each post they make.

Might improve not only the quality of the posts but give people a way to thank a user for a great post.

Just my 2c... would be cool imo.

If any of you read www.realcavsfans.com board, you'll know what I'm talking about, I believe this is the same mod.

EDIT: Or if this mod isn't like that one, maybe we can find one that does the same thing... dunno :P Would be neat

This is basically the "karma" feature.

It's pretty cool, but can be awfully brutal to some.

I know a guy who has -2,456 karma points on this one message board I frequent.

I'm willing to bet Lumby could probably top that.

Yinz lost what little karma yinz had left after cheering DA getting injured.

Regards

..... an'at

Regards

..... an'at

You're an idiot and a douchebag; and your stupid little posting style isn't at all cute, it's just simply moronic. Take a long walk off of a short pier you disgustingly infected female genetalia.

Guest Aloysius

By the way, this board already has a feature wherein you can rate posters on a scale of five stars.

Just click on the member's user name to the left of their post, and the rating will pop up.

I don't know if there's a way to have that displayed all the time. But if it's possible, that would seem like a fair compromise between the "sounds like a good idea" and "you're a fag" factions.

Regards

..... an'at

I agree....Screw the karma feature...you end up with a bunch of wimps or like minds on a board

Guest Aloysius

What's funny about the five star rating system that we already have is that you can also see who's visited your member page.

So, for instance, I can see that my rating went down & that Scott Player recently visited my page. Not too hard to figure out what happened.

If it isn't anonymous, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? Instead, it'll just lead to tit for tat 1 star ratings.

Not sure it matters much (especially because 3/4 of the people on this board don't even know that the rating system exists), but it does seem like a flaw in the system.

What's funny about the five star rating system that we already have is that you can also see who's visited your member page.

So, for instance, I can see that my rating went down & that Scott Player recently visited my page. Not too hard to figure out what happened.

If it isn't anonymous, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? Instead, it'll just lead to tit for tat 1 star ratings.

Not sure it matters much (especially because 3/4 of the people on this board don't even know that the rating system exists), but it does seem like a flaw in the system.

Whenever I've gone to someone's page it's because I accidentally clicked on their name instead of the post by their name.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done this, although I do like to stalk the Great Lumwadicus to see what he's up to and all his really cool goings on.

I'm not too familiar with the karma points thing as TBB was the 1st message board I ever joined. Anything new on here is new to me totally. Sounds like it could be fun/ interesting but if history is to be examined, I think it wont take 24 hours for the system to get out of hand.

p.s. My wife just asked me if I wanted her to get "your internet friends any Christmas presents."

I suck.

Regards

..... an'at

And I guess the Steelers had it after the death threats, aka, Tommy Maddox.

Guest ATENEARS

Man, you guys are like a new wife. Bitching and complaining about shit we never even knew were out of place (yeah honey, those are really my golf clubs behind the couch. That's where I keep them. What am I supposed to do, put them in the xxxxing garage?).

I don't know what the gay stars are for, or what should be anonymous and what shouldn't. Quit playing with the xxxxing controls and talk football.

Seriously, I don't mean to be rude, but we aren't about gay features. If we had custom emoticons and shit at the original forum and it attracted you here, I'm sorry. We only installed them gay features as a joke at some point and they stayed because we were too lazy to remove them.

Again, I don't mean to be a dick, we will look into new features from time-to-time (when we are bored out of our minds), but it's the freaking middle of the xxxxing NFL season. If you need a karma fix, get a boyfriend.

Again, don't want to be a scrooge, but STFU.

I want mana, it's cooler than karma.

That way I can get presents from fellow posters wives and feel really cool about myself and goshdangit, think people like me.

Let's do it and see who gets the most points. Winner gets bent over at the last tailgate.

Whadya say Satn?

Guest Aloysius

Whoa. Calm down, Stan.

My point wasn't to "bitch" about how the board's run. I just thought it was curious that Invision would set up the board's features like that. As someone's whose done some work in web design (& given a few seemingly well-received suggestions to you in PM's), I didn't think it'd be such a big deal to point something out.

I guess I've just fallen into the mz the pussy trap in which whatever I post provokes a nasty response from you. That's fine; I don't mind.

And though I appreciate your request that I "STFU" and "talk football," my impression is that I've been doing that for awhile now. Since the political board went to shit, I've been spending a lot more time on the football board.

Actually, maybe you should just keep on ignoring all of my posts. That'll work better for the both of us.

Sounds okay, but it will probably just end up that a clique goes after one or two posters who do/don't like DA/Quinn,

so, doesn't sound like a good idea.

Besides, sounds like those who couldn't keep the political board a nice place to be,

are doing the same here on the Browns board.

Note: I haven't been around much. Was so disgusted I didn't have much to say.

Except: It's the OLINE, the new coach should be a famous All PRO offensive HOG !

Guest ATENEARS

Oh don't take it so personal. I'm kidding mostly.

I looked into the fag-o-meter, I already have an account at that site, but the download hung up. I looked into the Youtube thingie too, and think I know how to install it, but I have other concerns about it that I haven't fully researched, such as bandwidth draw, if any. Haven't seen the line-out feature that crosses out font (such as the other board had). The Adult rated emoticons that we once had (that i purchased) have a conversion problem installing here.

I've had plenty of these feminine tendancies ... so toss me a mano whammy on my fag-o-meter.

We got plenty of time to get all gay. You're not in a hurry to leave are you? You gotta few years to snap towels at one another?

p.s. My wife just asked me if I wanted her to get "your internet friends any Christmas presents."

I suck.

Did you tell her about Mr. T, Bunker, etc.? I feel like my wife would divorce me if she knew I fraternized with such clowns.

I guess I've just fallen into the mz the pussy trap in which whatever I post provokes a nasty response from you. That's fine; I don't mind.

Hey, being 'me' around here is vastly underrated.

Besides, I think dudes like DieHard have me on whatever "Receive an Email When mz the pussy Posts So I Can Go Call Him a Fag" setting. It makes me feel special. Loved. I know, lowering the boom on the dummies, while 1) not challenging and 2) is really scraping the bottom of the barrel, can be rather cathartic after learning Ken Dorsey and Bruce Gradkowski quarterback your team etc.

Archived