THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn opts for Surgery

WPB Dawg Fan

I think this is the smart route!!!

Browns' Quinn to have surgery

46 minutes ago

CLEVELAND (AP) — Cleveland Browns quarterback Brady Quinn will undergo surgery on his right index finger, a procedure that will require up to 10 weeks of recovery time.

Quinn, who has been weighing his options for the past week, will have the operation in Alabama on Wednesday.

He broke the tip of his finger and sustained tendon damage on his throwing hand in a Nov. 17 game against Buffalo. He played the next week against Houston and made his injury worse. Doctors will insert a pin into Quinn's finger to stabilize the bone and tendon.

Quinn started three games for the Browns, who also lost quarterback Derek Anderson to a season-ending knee injury

Hmm. Must be more here that we don't know as a great majority of these are treated conservatively and non-surgically.

Either:

1. Non-union healing is suspected

2. Displacement has occurred

3. He's being treated very aggressively due to his occupation.

I hope the pin and incision doesn't significantly alter the dense nerve map and sensation at the tip of the finger. It shouldn't. I just wish it wasn't his spin finger.

Any set back in the healing over the next 10 weeks could cause us to hold on to DA.

Guest ATENEARS
Any set back in the healing over the next 10 weeks could cause us to hold on to DA.

Wouldn't you shit if they were sending him to Oregon for the procedure?

He won't get an infection. He's getting treated by Dr. James Andrews, who is notoriously respected throughout the sports industry. He won't set foot in the Cleveland Clinic.

Wouldn't you shit if they were sending him to Oregon for the procedure?

Yep!

Andrews is tops in the field. He has a career of orthopedic innovation. It would be a total deviation from the norm if Quinn doesn't come back very smoothly.

Without complication, I'd bet Quinn is back throwing again by the end of January or at least first part of February. The 10 week time frame seems ultra conservative to me.

Archived