THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson dislocated finger during game

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

Doug Dieken said that Anderson dislocated his finger handing off the Jamla Lewis. He called time-out went to the sideline where team physician pulled it out and snapped it back into place and he trotted back out to finish the game, until he got his knee blown out and jeered by some asshole fans.

No wonder coaches and teammates like this guy. That's a pretty god heart after the repeated boo's with every incomplete pass.

(I think Brady Quinns finger is brozed in Canton)

The fans know so little about the locker room it is hilarious.

Kellen Winslow can tell every reporter about every single owie he ever got and they all think he's a SOULJA playing through pain!

Derek Anderson dislocates his finger and flat out doesn't tell anybody.

Fans rain praise on Kellen as the toughest guy in the world.

Guess who the locker room thinks is the tough guy?

Well, ya have to give DA credit. He dislocated his ability to be a pro qb at the end of last year's season,

and it was never set, and he still kept playing.

He's tough. :mad:(psssssbbbbtttttt)

sounds about right, unsung hero takes no credit>>gets none. forget coaching, K2 should consider a career as a promotor...but that's another thread.

maybe DA shouldn't have signed here so quick last year--players staying where they want to play is a dying breed. shoulda been like every other piece of shit out there who listen to their agents to hold out.

i guess the "C" on his chest stands for chump. he definitely deserves much better.

Guest ATENEARS

Sam Rutigliano, Deiken, and Tony Grossi also all called Crennel the class of the franchise.

Crennel is from the Bellichick mold, they keep everything within the locker room walls, the fans and media of afar are so out of touch with this team that in a place like Cleveland where everyone who don's a Browns stocking cap thinks he's a football guru, it just doesn't work PR wise .... they ran Schottenheimer out, then Billy B, forced ownerships hand on Couch too early, and killed this current team with casualties still to be calculated.

Sam Rutigliano, Deiken, and Tony Grossi also all called Crennel the class of the franchise.

Crennel is from the Bellichick mold, they keep everything within the locker room walls, the fans and media of afar are so out of touch with this team that in a place like Cleveland where everyone who don's a Browns stocking cap thinks he's a football guru, it just doesn't work PR wise .... they ran Schottenheimer out, then Billy B, forced ownerships hand on Couch too early, and killed this current team with casualties still to be calculated.

well get the apples back under the tree dammit!

the players need to follow suit with that philosophy>>when you have one or two that don't play that PR game it doesn't work, like K2 and Jamal's comments recently. "whistle-blowers" confuse the city.

Guest ATENEARS
the players need to follow suit>>when you have one or two that don't play that PR game it doesn't work, like K2 and Jamal's comments recently. "whistle-blowers" confuse the city.

When asked if Winslow would ever suit up again in the Browns and Orange, the panel hesitated and no one wanted to say it, so Grossi said it, "No" ... he predicted the Browns and Winslow would part ways. Although that ain't news to me, it may be to some.

I watched K2 warm-up yesterday and pointed out to my son to watch him cut. Most receivers and RB's ran crisp down-and-outs, as Anderson rifled pass after pass to them. When Winslow cut, it looked like a kid on a skate board as his outside leg/foot had to outward-kick and turn, outward-kick and turn. Defiantely not fluid like.

Stick a fork'em it is time to cut ties.

When asked if Winslow would ever suit up again in the Browns and Orange, the panel hesitated and no one wanted to say it, so Grossi said it, "No" ... he predicted the Browns and Winslow would part ways. Although that ain't news to me, it may be to some.

I watched K2 warm-up yesterday and pointed out to me son to watch him cut. Most receivers and RB's ran crisp down-and-outs, as nderson rifled pass after pass to them. When Winslow cut, it looked like a kid on a skate board as his outside leg/foot had to outward-kick and turn, outward-kick and turn. Defiantely not fluid like.

my dvr musta missed one of the shows somehow cuz i haven't seen that yet.

i always felt like since K2 always practiced in full uniform he was trying to hide something. like granny with a girdle. maybe a knee brace or something? i kinda picture him like a mummy on scooby doo now, pull his string and he'll eventually be a pile of yarn and dust.

I watched K2 warm-up yesterday and pointed out to my son to watch him cut. Most receivers and RB's ran crisp down-and-outs, as Anderson rifled pass after pass to them. When Winslow cut, it looked like a kid on a skate board as his outside leg/foot had to outward-kick and turn, outward-kick and turn. Defiantely not fluid like.

Perhaps. Those hands are going to be tough to replace though. Especially when our other "premier" receiver is Braylon "Featherstone" Edwards mulling around the LOS.

Lol thats 3 guys to take it from sams way to nice deiken is lost in space half the time and grossi is a class #1 ball licker crennel is easily one of the worst coaches to ever disgrace a team he isnt so different than sam was except he has no evaluation skills and seems to lack control of everything from clock management and player respect right down to the waterboys..but i bet the pizza he ordered arrives at the gate right on time..

Guest ATENEARS

If this is true about the finger dislocation, that kind of makes the selfishness reported by our famous local media appear to be tainted (once again).

Nice locker room reporting guys, dig up the dirt for negative reports, but fail to capture a pretty favorable story about this kids effort to win that game.

Maybe it's not the Browns fans who are the problem, it's this local media thats still reeling because Bellichick took their doughnut room away.

Ate you know if this was BQ Shep and company would be all over this board talking about leadership and toughness. '

It is what it is, a lot of fans want BQ and DA is in the way. The boos over DA getting hurt is disgusting as is the attitude of a lot of browns fans.

The kid is still a Browns QB and team member yet they treat him like a Steeler. really classy.

Ate you know if this was BQ Shep and company would be all over this board talking about leadership and toughness. '

It is what it is, a lot of fans want BQ and DA is in the way. The boos over DA getting hurt is disgusting as is the attitude of a lot of browns fans.

The kid is still a Browns QB and team member yet they treat him like a Steeler. really classy.

I don't often agree with you, but I do on this point. Why all the hate for DA?

I don't often agree with you, but I do on this point. Why all the hate for DA?

its sad really..people need to remember if they are wearing the orange and brown you do not boo them..for christ sake jamal lewis is a brown now and he rolled us for YEARS...but he suits up in our colors and though hes past his prime he puts an effort in...and he does it with our colors on...now its time for some youngsters..some homegrown talent..with pride to wear the colors...

If you go to boo you should sell your tickets or stay home..really WTF.

Is this thread for real?

What athlete hasn't dislocated their finger, reset it themself (or had a teammate do it), and go back in? I know I've done it more than once.

That makes DA tough? That's xxxxing laughable. He'd be a complete pussy if he couldn't play through that.

Now, did it affact the way he threw the football? No idea. That would be newsworthy. However, trying to spin this as toughness is just completely pussified.

Unreal. Stan, you are stooping to new lows to simply drive post count and/or to be a contrarian arse.

Finally, I think I heard that most of the OL broke down in tears after the game reflecting on how courageous DA was to trot back out there after the dislocation.

Guest ATENEARS
I'll give ya that one stan, yeah local media should of reported this as well, but in the grand scheme of things it changes very little.

Unless your just looking for "moral victories" or something to that effect.

I thought about creating a new thread about the media (and I still might), but I tossed this short shot at the second-tier sports media in this town just to get the ball rolling.

Stan...I get it. Everyone talking about the less than stellar performances by BQ due to his finger...so it only follows that we are being unfair to DA due to not giving him the same treatment for HIS finger.

Problem is...it isn't apples to apples.

In Quinns ONLY healthy game he lit it up.

In DA's 26 previous healthy starts....he was a mixed bag at best.

Sure, DA should get props for the finger injury (if it is real...I can't seem to verify this anywhere)...and how about some info on WHICH finger (if it is on his throwing hand even)....but the REAL problem is he didn't perform ALL YEAR (outside 2 games)...

So, while Quinn gets somewhat of a pass for having a BROKEN (not dislocated) finger with TENDON DAMAGE for 2 of his 3 starts....DA's total body of work indicates that he is what he is....and that ISN'T the savior of the Browns.

Lit it up...aka lost to the Broncos. Shows how little his dink and dunk style contributes to the team.

FYI his finger was also fine during that 1-8 start vs the Bills.

Really? So you know the exact play he broke it???

And as for dink and dunk...what were DA's stats last week?

I think the Dink and Dunk is because of the coaching. In the last game that is all I saw from DA was dink and dunk. And considering how the OL has gotten two qbs injured in the last 2 games I guess I can understand it a little.

If you are going to give props to DA for going in with a hurt finger you have to give the same props to BQ. I tend to go with the thought that it is a common injury in football and one that the QB has to man up on. Great job to both QBs for manning up a playing hurt.

No props to the OL for letting the DL bull rush and injuring two QBs and no props for letting a D lineman go through thomas and causing a fumble.

But as far as the dink and dunk comments I do agree that is what BQ did, but that is also what they had DA doing most of the year. So I think if you are going to call somebody a dink and dunker I would say it is the coaching staff.

And please get in a couple more O lineman to help out.

Bernie Kosar once played on a broken ankle, and won the game vs the Jets in overtime.

THAT is freakin tough.

Playing like crap in a losing effort with a reset dislocated finger?

I don't think so. DA had a powerful arm. But it wasn't accurate, his choices weren't accruate, he has feet slower than

Shaffer.

But he did have a run last year til defenses caught up with his weaknesses. Which, happen to be everything else but the strength

of his arm.

I hope the Browns can get a 3rd rounder for him, though....

Bernie Kosar once played on a broken ankle, and won the game vs the Jets in overtime.

THAT is freakin tough.

Wasn't that against the Dolphins on monday night? I was at that game, sitting right behind Tony Rice and a few rows in front of Buster Douglas and his posse.

Archived