THE BROWNS BOARD

The one man who is killing the Browns is....

bugzilla

Braylon Edwards.

Above anyone else BE is at fault for the Browns poor season. The reason is that he is always open, making him a perfect target to throw to, but he drops balls at times that kill drives. He catches just enough to keep the coaches and QBs looking his way, but can't hang onto perfectly thrown balls at key times (look at the drop during the last Ravens game which would have been a game sealing TD). Also, his play is making it impossible for the rest of the passing game to get going. I was at the Texans game and noticed that they had single man coverage on him all day. They were able to double team Stallworth and Winslow because they knew they did not need to fear BE. He was wide open the whole game and with the exception of that one long pass from Quinn, he dropped everything thrown into his hands.

If anyone at Browns HQ is looking at these forums please trade him and look for another wideout next season. Even CNNSI has stated that had BE caught a few key balls that would have resulted in four more wins (I know we would have won the Redskins, Ravens, Texans games had it not been for his drops). He is personally responsible for this team being 4-8 instead of 8-4.

Braylon Edwards.

Above anyone else BE is at fault for the Browns poor season. The reason is that he is always open, making him a perfect target to throw to, but he drops balls at times that kill drives. He catches just enough to keep the coaches and QBs looking his way, but can't hang onto perfectly thrown balls at key times (look at the drop during the last Ravens game which would have been a game sealing TD). Also, his play is making it impossible for the rest of the passing game to get going. I was at the Texans game and noticed that they had single man coverage on him all day. They were able to double team Stallworth and Winslow because they knew they did not need to fear BE. He was wide open the whole game and with the exception of that one long pass from Quinn, he dropped everything thrown into his hands.

If anyone at Browns HQ is looking at these forums please trade him and look for another wideout next season. Even CNNSI has stated that had BE caught a few key balls that would have resulted in four more wins (I know we would have won the Redskins, Ravens, Texans games had it not been for his drops). He is personally responsible for this team being 4-8 instead of 8-4.

And who continues to play him? Our brillant coaching staff. Its a shame that even with the season in the shittter we still won't be able to evaluate the roster.

Braylon Edwards.

oops u GOT THE NAME WRONG..........

LET ME STINK FOR YU

SEWAGE............CAPICE?

Guest ATENEARS

I don't know about stating that he is 'always open', but I get your thread.

It's almost too easy to blame Braylon, but he was a QB killer this season.

On DA's first(I believe) incomplete pass yesterday, it was a pass thrown behind Braylon on third down (and the fans boo'ed). However, Braylon ran a slant, made a nice inside move and was coming up on LB zone coverage. DA threw a bullet just into the spot North of the LB and Braylon kept his pattern going behind the LB and only got a hand on the ball. Everyone and their brother blamed DA, but I couldn't help thinking that is where the pass had to go, the only spot to complete that pass. Where Braylon was headed, it would have taken a touch pass over the top, between several defenders and DA didn't have that time, he had to unload to that spot when he did.

I thought Braylon should have slanted, just past the sticks and sat down, Had hje done so, that pass is on the monjey.

I just don't get our route running and even I look forward to a new QB at the helm to see if Edwards, Winslow and company can even get on the same page.

It seems when Edwards rounds off a pattern, the ball is thrown for a sharp cut or delayed as if he was supposed to fake out before cutting in. And when Braylon fakes out before cutting in, it seems like the pass is thrown thinking he is just going to turn and rounjd in. Do these freaking guys even practice timing routes?

Now, on the other hand, Braylon DA & BQ have hooked up recently on the skinny post from the leftside (left-to-right). It was probably DA's best pass yesterday and one of the two hit Braylon on that same route twice in a row a few weeks back.

besides the drops, our route running and adjustment to deep balls is minor league, IMO ... it's one of the aspects I like witnessing the game in person.

I still think Stallworth made a horrible adjustment on that deep ball down the right sideline yesterday. Not the best pass by any means, but probably a worst adjustment.

I don't know about stating that he is 'always open', but I get your thread.

It's almost too easy to blame Braylon, but he was a QB killer this season.

On DA's first(I believe) incomplete pass yesterday, it was a pass thrown behind Braylon on third down (and the fans boo'ed). However, Braylon ran a slant, made a nice inside move and was coming up on LB zone coverage. DA threw a bullet just into the spot North of the LB and Braylon kept his pattern going behind the LB and only got a hand on the ball. Everyone and their brother blamed DA, but I couldn't help thinking that is where the pass had to go, the only spot to complete that pass. Where Braylon was headed, it would have taken a touch pass over the top, between several defenders and DA didn't have that time, he had to unload to that spot when he did.

then the ball should have been thrown to someone else.

Sewage anyone..........Sewage is totally destructive and disease laden..........oops we have found fault with all the wrong issues.........players the most............hilarious

You cant blame Braylon for the browns terrible season. yeah he has sucked horribley but there is no way a WR is to blame for this team. Dont get me wrong he for sure has not helped much.

the man deciding to play braylon all year is more at fault>>blaming BE......that's like blaming guns for killing people. or fire for burning you. we knew who he was, we're gamblers up in cleveland. hindsight is 20/20 tho.

the man responsible for killing the browns is this steeler fan/witch doctor i've heard about on pittsburgh's on north side. i've been told he has a braylon edwards voodoo doll smeared with crisco and a stallworth one with rubber bands holding it's arms down. so far it's the only thing that makes sense.

every time i rewatch those drops i just can't believe it. a few years from now they will probably still be just as baffling. awe-inspiring stuff.

Phil: Look! Look, I swear it isn't me! I swear it isn't! But I know who it is! I know who the monster is! I know who it is that doesn't belong among us! I swear I know who it is!

Al: Alright, Phil, let's hear it.

Phil: It's...it's...

Romeo: Well, what are you waiting for!

Chud: Come on Phil, come on!

Mel: Who is it, Phil? Tell us!

Phil: It's the kid! It's Anderson! He's the one!

The answer is mentallity and motivation....the browns were tested early with a tougher schedule. While in most games, breakdowns teamwide caused the team to give up. One week it was the defense, the next week it was QB and WR's. then back to the defense. Despite all efforts, they would find a way to lose. The wind was out of their sales anfd when it came to crunch time, they got crunched. They had the capability and talent to beat most of their opponents, evident by the crushing of the Giants.

That my friends is a mental issue. Who has the responsibility for keeping their heads in the right place. Not Lerner, not Savage, not Edwards...you guest it, the coaching staff.

And who continues to play him? Our brillant coaching staff. Its a shame that even with the season in the shittter we still won't be able to evaluate the roster.

Thats how i see it to we have a fat ass slob of a coach who leaves players that are killing the team on the field while unproven potentially talented scrubs sit on the sidelines getting no chance to show their mettlle...

The first game of the season against Dallas, the Browns did not appear to believe that they could win. Even Troy Aikman noted this as he called the game. I felt it as I watched the game. To me, this points directly to the head coach. This is the NFL and you have to be prepared to beat every team you face whether it be a division rival or "America's Team".

I don't know if Savage is the answer or not at GM, but our head coach has undoubtedly proven that he is not the answer. The head coach needs to work directly with the GM to help bring in the players that they collectively feel will buy into the philosophy that they are teaching and make an impact at their respective roles.

The one man who is killing the Browns is Romeo Crennel.

Archived