THE BROWNS BOARD

Cowher power ???

Kosarfan

What was with the Cowher Power signs at the game ? I thought that was not an option for several reasons.

Is it still a possibility ?

What about his obliging the Rooney family - not coaching in this conference ?

Keep in mind...money changes everything rooney friendship or not!

I can't see anyone doing something that would lock themselves out of potential jobs. And like AC/DC has said...

"Come On, Come On, listen to the money talk."

I think Cowher is the perfect coach for a hands off owner. Give the man the Power and the Time, and he will give us the fans what we want.

Cowher has stated he isn't ready to come back to coaching next year. Also, his relationship with the Rooney family is real. Some peope are not solely modivated by money.

MY take , FWIW..................Don't hold your breath.

Actually im positive that rooneys would be good with it if Mr.Cowher were asked to take this job and is dumb enough to take on this mess because the roonys have to know that brownstown is dying in more than one way and they would want cowher to make our rivalry what it use to be..those rooneys are real football men a soccerpunk like lerner could learn a lot from that organizations structure or even having a piece of that great football town around in the form of cowher would in itself bring back a tuffness that pusstown has lacked for about 14 years.

Just a bunch of fans wanting to play GM.

All their crying got Lerner to put Quinn in. So hey, why not try it with Cowher too?

The inmates are running the asylum in Cleveland.

Whats sad lums is theres likely a large number of us that could at least in theory do a better job then the current GM but you arent one of thiose lums you have to think in the best interest of the team not your DA fantasies...;)

And im glad the soccerqueen at least listens to us even though he only cares when its to late..its called damage control.

Cowher is a football guy he played and coached here not to mention he coached pittsburgh which we use to share a very similar smashmouth style and toughness with.. Cowher is one of only a few that knows exactly how to resurrect this dead lerner raped organization back to a state of solid genuine respectability..

Honestly i dont think cowher will come here its just wishful thinking a winner wants to work for a winning and respectable organization not a rat infested organization of weasels like the browns..

Keep in mind...money changes everything rooney friendship or not!

Keep in Mind... Fans make signs that Voice what they would LIKE to see... Good luck. Cowher aint happening. He would be stupid to even consider it. It would offend the Rooneys ... tarnish his Legacy in his hometown. And its NO Sure thing he could WIN in Cleveland. A LOT to risk for a man who lives a "Comfortable" Life. He said late last week in an Interview he was "Leaning Very Very much toward NOT Coaching again, period." He has a wife... and I do believe shes had enough , of the Coaching game.

Keep in Mind... Fans make signs that Voice what they would LIKE to see... Good luck. Cowher aint happening. He would be stupid to even consider it. It would offend the Rooneys ... tarnish his Legacy in his hometown. And its NO Sure thing he could WIN in Cleveland. A LOT to risk for a man who lives a "Comfortable" Life. He said late last week in an Interview he was "Leaning Very Very much toward NOT Coaching again, period." He has a wife... and I do believe shes had enough , of the Coaching game.

50 million smackers may not be enough to even temp cowher to come to cleveland and work for a scrub like lerner whose only known qualities as a owner by inheritence are hiring the wrong people and firing the right and wrong people i would love cowher to come here but its not gonna happen we will end up with yet another loser well mannered mild coordinator so lerner can fire him in 4-5 years of failure...

The lerners dont seem to like pushy fiery coaches you know the kind that demand that everyone does their job or else...

However cowher as a GM is not out of the question..

There's no way Cowher would wind up in dirty, dirty Cleveland - and there's no way yinz should want him.

I posted this over on the other stains forum. First, since he's hit it big, he wants his dick sucked the way he wants it sucked and when he wants it sucked. When he's hungry, he's a great motivator and defensive mind. He's no longer hungry and he'll never be hungry at this point.

Great D mind, but couldn't draft an offensive player to save his ass. He could draft a LB in the 7th round that would be a pro-bowler in a year or two, but ask him to draft a RB, QB (with the exception of Ben - but even Ben was a default draft pick, Cowher originally targeted Rivers) or a WR and forget it.

He's going to want control and partial ownership in addition to the coin - which I doubt your FO will pay out. Who has your FO hired as coaches in the past? Anyone of Cowher's pedigree?

Nope, and that's the main reason why it ain't happening.

Personally, I would like to see it happen. Might spark that long-dead rivalry that I dearly miss.

Regards

..... an'at

Archived