THE BROWNS BOARD

Fans Cheer Anderson's Injury?

chumpchange

It's kind of scary to think of what might happen in Cleveland in the near future. Sure DA was a sub 500 QB, barely. Without DA as a starter the last three years the Browns are 4 and 15, and one of those wins was DA's first game in where he brought the team back. 4 more games to go this season, doesn't look promising.

If Andersen felt Brady Quinn was breathing down his back and just his presence put pressure on Andersen, maybe he should be thinking about how Charlie Frye felt when Andersen took his job. Same scenario, weak quarterback gets replaced. Deal with it with class, just like Frye had to do.

In any event, I guess that comment plus his pockets full of loot give him the last laugh ???

Here is a more complete accounting of his comments:

Has Anderson played his last Browns game?

Monday, December 1, 2008

By TODD PORTER

TODD.PORTER@CANTONREP.COM

CLEVELAND Mercifully, perhaps, Derek Anderson's season may have come to an end. The pain he felt in his left knee after the Browns' 10-6 loss to the Colts didn't hurt nearly as much as the bruise to his ego and the crack in his confidence.

Anderson was knocked out Cleveland's loss in the fourth quarter on a sack by Robert Mathis. Indianapolis' defensive end beat right tackle Kevin Shaffer and knocked Shaffer back on his rear end. Shaffer's helmet clipped Anderson's knee, perhaps buckling it.

Anderson will have an MRI today, but he said he has a sprained MCL in his left knee. Neither Anderson nor Head Coach Romeo Crennel talked as if the quarterback would be back this year.

If so, he is the second Cleveland starting quarterback in as many weeks to be knocked out of the lineup. Brady Quinn was put in the reserve-injured list with a broken finger and tendon damage in his throwing hand.

But Quinn wasn't cheered when he was hurt. Anderson was.

That may have been why Anderson was a bit out of character Sunday evening. He said it wasn't the first time he hurt his MCL.

"I've done my MCL once before in the bowl when we waxed Notre Dame," Anderson said. "Let that be known that I beat him (Quinn)."

Before Anderson left the locker room, a reporter said, "see you later."

"Yeah, maybe in another life," was the reply.

Anderson is likely to join Quinn on IR and miss the rest of the season. If that happens, he is unlikely to set foot in Cleveland Browns Stadium again wearing a Browns uniform.

He looked like a quarterback whose confidence was shaken. He completed 16-of-26 passes for 110 yards. His passer rating of 71 was better than Peyton Manning's 46.8. Most of Anderson's passes were of the dink-and-dunk variety.

His fumble, he said, cost the Browns the game.

"I was frustrated," Anderson said. "The guy hit me when I was throwing and it comes out. Of course I'm trying to hold on to it. I'm not trying to drop balls and trying to lose games for us. I know you guys think that sometimes."

Cleveland didn't challenge the play. Anderson said he told Crennel it was a fumble and not to waste a timeout.

"Obviously I'm frustrated and I'm probably going to be sick about it later," Anderson said. "It was an opportunity to beat the Colts, and Peyton Manning, a guy I admire. It didn't happen."

Third-string quarterback Ken Dorsey threw three incomplete passes in his lone series.

"It didn't look good with him coming off," Crennel said. "I'm not encouraged (about Anderson's status) by the way he came off the field."

Dorsey is likely to start at Tennessee and possibly finish the season. Josh Cribbs could be an emergency replacement. Dorsey, who lost just two college games at Miami with Kellen Winslow Jr., saw light at the end of the tunnel.

"At San Francisco we went through four quarterbacks one year," he said. "It's part of the NFL. Sometimes you go through this. I'll tell you a team is better off going through tough times, working and coming out of the back end of that tunnel. This team is going through that now, we're going to be better off for it."

Notice the statements I put in bold. Wow, I know you just got hurt....and I know that the fans booing sucked....

BUT!!!

That is a cheap shot on a teammate (Quinn). Seriously? "Let that be known"??? REALLY????

If K2 or BE made a comment like this they would be CRUCIFIED!!!

"Yeah, maybe in a another life"??? You GOTTA be kidding????

Again, K2 or BE makes that comment and they are tarred and feathered and run out on a rail with "GOOD RIDDANCE" nailed to the backside!!!

Anyone saying DA isn't getting a fair shake is just ignoring his whiny little diatribe!!!

After comments like that...we can't trade him fast enough IMHO!!!

I'd just like for it to be noted I've NEVER cheered for a player to be injured (though I have rooted for then end of the careers of guys like Packman and Vick) and to cheer for your OWN PLAYER getting hurt is as classless as it gets.

THAT being said, DA doesn't have any class himself and I PRAY he winds up in Cincitucky or Oakland as a backup where he can hang with all the other classless losers.

I'm hearing from people who actually attended the game that no one heard any cheering for DA's injury.

A friend of mine says the stands were quiet when DA went down, and then there was cheering FOR Dorsey when he came on the field. DA was about at the tunnel entrance at that point and the cheering wasn't directed for him getting hurt, it was in support of Dorsey trotting onto the field.

Im sure many of us here have gotten angry at some point in our lives, but how many of us have gotten booed and mocked at in home stadium by 30,000+ fans who also make fun of you when you get badly injured ? How many fan bases are there in any sports that does that ?

The truth is, that it is not just the Browns that suck but the fan base also. And while taking potshots @ Oakland please remember that while the Oakland crowd got upset at the offense with JRussel, they never mocked him. I cannot imagine any quality player coming to Cleveland to play under such circumstances.

I hope it is BQ who goes and DA who stays. I dont want BQ to ever face such crap in his life. Since DA has taken the crap once he can deal with it again.

I'm hearing from people who actually attended the game that no one heard any cheering for DA's injury.

A friend of mine says the stands were quiet when DA went down, and then there was cheering FOR Dorsey when he came on the field. DA was about at the tunnel entrance at that point and the cheering wasn't directed for him getting hurt, it was in support of Dorsey trotting onto the field.

Also, doesn't the crowd always golf clap/ cheer when the injured player gets up and helped off the field upon realizing that it's not another Joe Theisman laying on the ground?

I think DA knows he's done in Cleveland , and he's metastasizing any kind of locker-room cancer he can.

Hold on to that Insight Bowl MVP, so it can pay for drinks at the local Scaappppooooose watering hole. <_<

I'm sure there were probably a few drunk guys who had a few choice words to say to DA as he went into the tunnel, but it bothers me that DA's painting it like the entire stadium erupted into cheers when he hurt his knee.

If you search around on the net, it looks like those actually in attendance at the game are all saying the same thing--they clapped when DA got up and Dorsey went in, but not when DA went down.

I think he's trying to villify us as a fan base, like we're so horrible for calling for Brady after DA's half-season-long miserable performance.

He's throwing himself a pity party, with his childish, cheap shot at Quinn and whining about his mistreatment from us mean ol' Browns fans.

Guest ATENEARS

I was at both yesterdays game and the Tim Couch supposed cheering when he was injured and to be honest, it was hard to tell whether the crowd was cheering the injury, him getting up in one piece, Dorsey/Holcomb trotting onto the field, or all of the above.

The matter should be down played. You shouldn't be such a sissy and get injured and you shouldn't give the home crowd reason to boo your ass anyhow.

Scrap'em off and let's play ball.

Also, doesn't the crowd always golf clap/ cheer when the injured player gets up and helped off the field upon realizing that it's not another Joe Theisman laying on the ground?

I think DA knows he's done in Cleveland , and he's metastasizing any kind of locker-room cancer he can.

Hold on to that Insight Bowl MVP, so it can pay for drinks at the local Scaappppooooose watering hole. <_<

That's ALOT better than they've treated our last 3 head coaches before RAC - unless all 3 were lying about death threats called into their families at all hours of the night. That's NOT something that will work in our favor if it continues. I don't think anyone TRIES to be disappointing and the SAD thing is we often SCAPEGOAT the entire thing to just the Head Coach because it eases our mind that it's just 1 simple problem solve. Has it been yet?

How did Policy sneak out of town without an ounce of accountability? Now THAT is talent! To this day, I keep hearing Butch Davis is more responsible for WHERE we are at this point than either Phil Savage or Carmen Policy. If so, why do we STILL have Kellen Winslow, Ryan Pontbriand, Sean Jones, Ryan Tucker, Phil Dawson, and Steve Heiden under contract? Why did Savage give Andra Davis a raise?

While Butch SUCKED at playing GM - he didn't HIRE himself did he? In addition, BEFORE he lost the team with the college rah rah stuff we're suddenly pissed at RAC for not having, Davis reversed the 5-27 topl;ayoffs in his 2nd year. During his FIRST year he problem-solved Candybone Brown with Jamir Miller on the edge playing sic em, sock em and sack em. End result? We led the AFC in INTing opposing QBs. The next logical step was to plan our defense around Jamir Miller's strengths in 2002. One problem: he blew out his achilles tendon and his career ended so more problem solving needed to be done and we made the playoffs where Courtney Brown got called for roughing the passer after an incompletion on 3rd and 15 AND Anthony Henry dropped an INT so I heard Butch Davis couldn't coach up the wazoo. How many Pro Bowl players did we have on our 2002 playoff team? I thought the coaching in 2001 and 2002 was the best it's been since we got our team back. I can't say the same for 2003 or any year after that until 2007. Last year the coaching was good in my opinion. However, 2005, 2006 and 2008 - it's been disappointing. Savage NEEDS credit for some of this.

- Tom F.

That's ALOT better than they've treated our last 3 head coaches before RAC - unless all 3 are lying about death threats called in to their familis at all hours of the night.

How did Policy sneak out of town without an ounce of accountability? Now THAT is talent! To this day, I keep hearing Butch Davis is more responsible for WHERE we are at this point than either Phil Savage or Carmen Policy.

While Butch SUCKED at playing GM - he didn't hire himself did he? In addition, BEFORE he lost the team with the college rah rah stuff we're suddenly pissed at RAC for not having, Davis reversed the 5-27 topl;ayoffs in his 2nd year. During his FIRST year he problem-solved Candybone Brown with Jamir Miller on the edge playing sic em, sock em and sack em. End result? We led the AFC in INTing opposing QBs. The next logical step was to plan our defense around Jamir Miller's strengths in 2002. One problem: he blew out his achilles tendon and his career ended so more problem solving needed to be done and we made the playoffs where Courtney Brown got called for roughing the passer after an incompletion on 3rd and 15 AND Anthony Henry dropped an INT so I heard Butch Davis couldn't coach up the wazoo. How many Pro Bowl players did we have on our 2002 playoff team? I thought the coaching in 2001 and 2002 was the best it's been since we got our team back. I can't say the same for 2003 or any year after that until 2007. Last year the coaching was good in my opinion. However, 2005, 2006 and 2008 - it's been disappointing. Savage NEEDS credit for some of this.

- Tom F..

With all due respect, Davis screwed us over. His love-affair with Holcomb was a mistake, trading up with the Lions to draft Winslow was a mistake (we neede o-linemen real, real bad), and treating Jeff Garcia like some rookie was another mistake. I also believe he cast off some O-linemen who are still playing & producing today in the NFL.

I'm not saying Savage is a genius, but he came here (and RAC) and they had to spend $$$ to upgrade our O-line, since Butch left it bare.

IMHO, Davis is just a notch below Modell in Browns history for 'f in up our team.

I was at both yesterdays game and the Tim Couch supposed cheering when he was injured and to be honest, it was hard to tell whether the crowd was cheering the injury, him getting up in one piece, Dorsey/Holcomb trotting onto the field, or all of the above.

The matter should be down played. You shouldn't be such a sissy and get injured and you shouldn't give the home crowd reason to boo your ass anyhow.

ROTFLMAO! He kills me.

Atenears' resume reads after Bottlegate:

"When Lou Merletti Challenged my ass to Court, I ripped off his head and shit down his neck for the best Judge Judy episode anyone has ever seen. And by the way, Perry Mason's gay."

- Tom F.

However, it's obvious DA is bitter and frustrated. If you are a professional there are just things that you DON'T say to the media or people outside of the inner circle...and he crossed that line. The things he said were unprofessional and say a lot about the kind of man he is.

But here's hoping for as speedy a recovery as possible...and a future somewhere where he can be happy.

they say a lot about the kind of man he is? that's ridiculous to me. put someone under lights and scrutinize him at his lowest moment of frustration.

with all due respect HWG judging others says a lot about us. the most those words say about the kind of man he is is that he's a football player>>guys who don't have time for interviews or ties with vests, outdoor and game analysis shows etc because they're focusing on the game of football. interviews are a consession he affords us, a privilege not a right.

that guy was carrrying that crap around with him every day. i'm glad for him he was able to let a little out.

football isn't a game for pussies no pun intended. just let the guy vent a little, he's human.

Why is it any big deal if the remaining fans cheered an injured Anderson? Can you blame them? At least they stayed around after watching 2 1/2 hours of minimal offense in a cold rain. Then what little chance they have at seeing a rare home win goes right out the door when Anderson fumbles the ball away.
first week as a browns fan or something? remind me to ignore you.

Guest ATENEARS
they say a lot about the kind of man he is? that's ridiculous to me. put someone under lights and scrutinize him at his lowest moment of frustration.

with all due respect HWG judging others says a lot about us. the most those words say about the kind of man he is is that he's a football player>>guys who don't have time for interviews or ties with vests, outdoor and game analysis shows etc because they're focusing on the game of football. interviews are a consession he affords us, a privilege not a right.

that guy was carrrying that crap around with him every day. i'm glad for him he was able to let a little out.

football isn't a game for pussies no pun intended. just let the guy vent a little, he's human.

Sisky getting a little frisky and coming out of the gate hitting someone today ... I love this shit. We need more ass kicking around here and less faggotry.

my take on this entire season comes back to the fan's perception that we were making a run.

we thrust those expectations upon this team but they simply weren't ready for it yet.

last year wasn't a flash in the pan. a mirage? nope.

last year we were a blocked field goal (OAK) and a short field goal (PIT) from 12-4....hell we were an inbounds K2 leg from beating Arizona.....our D was the prototype the giants used for beating the patriots perfect season!!!!!

they just aren't complete. not consistent, not healthy. just good, not great.

i hope i have finally learned not to count my chix b4 they hatch. i told myself i'd stop that YEARS ago.

i finally accept we're rebuilding. we finally have a foundation.

but we're impatient. instead of counting years an administration has had, we count back how many years since a championship! this is (only) year 4, and we're closer than i can remember, but frankly some of our guys playing shouldn't be starting.

if everyone on IR etc comes back healthy that would help next year tremendously. if not, we're probably 10 positions away or more.

all our losses this year are to a who's who of the NFL--we've been in damn near every game.

and that's with no joe jurivicius. no #2 WR! that's nuts. if we had joe J, ryan tucker, robaire smith and a healthy d-line, and both safeties at 100% all year some of those "L's" would certainly be "W's".

anybody else miss Camp Peterson? damn. hindsight is 20/20. still, we're definitely better than '06.

bottom-line is we aren't goin anywhere long-term with these starters.

close but no cigars--kinda like the 80's.

the guys who make the starters into backups will be the ones to take us all the way........and hopefully keep us there for years to come.

>guys who don't have time for interviews or ties with vests, outdoor and game analysis shows etc because they're focusing on the game of football. interviews are a consession he affords us, a privilege not a right.

Sure. I'll be sure to remind my customers next time they request a meeting with me that when they happen to be graced with my presence, it's a "privilege, not a right."

I think it's very sad that America rated the Browns as the worse fans in the NFL. I thought Phillie had that position wrapped up.

Is it possible to sink lower then worse? Maybe behind some of those Futbol teams in Italia?

I am just wondering where the team will move next?

Portland maybe? Toronto? I hear L.A. is looking for a team?

Even the players don't want to play there anymore. How sad, good luck while crying for another team because the CFL doesn't play in America anymore. Oh wait, how bout we start a team in the AFL? The Cleveland Browns...or will Lerner take the team name and colors to the new city?

Advice for all those idiots that either were booing or didn't show up because they are fair weather fans...

If I were the Browns fans I would start showing up for the games and treat the team with respect. Treat each game as if it's an elimination game.

Come to think of it the next game is an elimation game....enjoy.

You know why the fans are the way they are? Because this freakin' organization hasn't put a contender on the field in 20 years. You change this team, and you will have better fans. The fanbase has changed, but thats in thanks to the organization. The season ticket holders?....they're selling their tickets to any fool they can find to go down and watch the 3 ring circus that we call an NFL team. I don't blame Rogers for being pissed, the defense pulled off a rare miracle in holding manning from a TD...and we still lost.

You know why the fans are the way they are? Because this freakin' organization hasn't put a contender on the field in 20 years. You change this team, and you will have better fans. The fanbase has changed, but thats in thanks to the organization. The season ticket holders?....they're selling their tickets to any fool they can find to go down and watch the 3 ring circus that we call an NFL team. I don't blame Rogers for being pissed, the defense pulled off a rare miracle in holding manning from a TD...and we still lost.

In the NFL, you support your team win or lose. You can let known your displeasures within management without taking it out on the players on the field.

Do you really think they want to be known as the city of losers? I seriously doubt that, but things just haven't gone their way this year and their early season schedule was just brutal....

but either way you support your team win or lose....

I was paying close attention when DA went down, and I was under the impression the crowd was cheering as DA was getting up and Dorsey was coming in. It didn't seem like the crowd was cheering because DA got hurt. In fact the crowd yesterday, seemed to be asleep, it was so quiet at times.

Also Philly has brutal fans, who boos and abuses Santa Clause??? :blink:

Also Philly has brutal fans, who boos and abuses Santa Clause??? :blink:

I am not sure if it was the batteries or the beer bottles that sank Cleveland to the lowest, but Phillie seems to want to hold on to the worst fans and have been insulted by the behavior ratings in Cleveland.

I would be careful if I were Santa this year. It might not be just snowballs they throw.

Or as the great Peyton Manning would say in his TV commercial...."rub some dirt on it".

Thats what Couch should've done way back when against Baltimore and what Anderson should've done yesterday.

I would also agree that it is nearly impossible to tell whether they were cheering that he was injured or cheering that he was on his feet because even the biggest Quinn fag would have to agree that Anderson gives us a better chance to win than Ken fucking Dorsey.

Guest ATENEARS
I would also agree that it is nearly impossible to tell whether they were cheering that he was injured or cheering that he was on his feet

The local news showed what appeared to be fans jeering Anderson as he was helped to the tunnel. Couldn't hear anything, but DA was starring up into the stands and you could see an occasional guy golf clapping.

There were a lot of Colts fans there, maybe they were cheering in relief that DA wouldn't be available to beat up on Peyton any longer.

Archived