THE BROWNS BOARD

Loverboy's Boyfriend at Crunchtime = Indy TD

Flugel

I really appreciate Lummy asking me how many times did Brady Quinn throw TD passes into the end zone in his last 4 quarters because NOW I get to ask HOW MANY TD passes has Dumb Ass thrown in his last 6 quarters?

And HOW MANY Dumb Ass turnovers have gone for TDs by the opponent this year? I'd be willing to bet Todd Philcox didn't have this many

Correct me if I am wrong, a starting QB is supposed to direct the offense to TDs on a day his defense creates 3 to 4 turnovers. That's what Lumnuts told me so I LOVE the Karma in this whole thing. I REALLY do!

Did this game look ANY different than our first Pittsburgh game - where the situations were just dying for a GOOD QB and 1 playmaker from this allegedly REALLY talented team?

And not for nothing but the very FIRST time Quinn isn't wearing a uniform the opponent knocks DA out of the game. Would they dare do that when Quinn was in uniform. According to the Denver Broncos - they'd rather face DA as it was said on the air by the commentator doing the game.

Smile Loverboy - you got what you wnted today and your boy just isn't good enough. More Lummy Karma. Did ANYONE notice Indy played with 2 backup corners replacing injured starters, NO Bob Sanders, and they had to stoop to their 3rd MLB?

As soon as it became time for our QB to WIN the game Dumb Ass gave it away and lost accuracy. He's the SAME guy he's always been. Not good enough but perfect for Oregon State.

- Tom F. (When Dummy stands in the pocket - he's got less sense than a raccoon crossing a highway at night. The best part? Lummy has told me he's way better than Brian Sipe)

Guest ATENEARS

It's a game of many plays, a game of inches. Heiden hangs onto the pass for a first down instead of dropping it and putting us into 3rd and long and maybe that play (fumble) don't happen.

We don't know how to win, we're a collection of losers.

Did anyone make a play in crunch time?

Punt to Cribbs, results in a block in the back and pinning us at our goal line. It's plays like all these mentioned here that result in a loss.

As a season ticket holder who treks down there to sit in the rain and the cold and the bore ... this is getting old. If it was as easy as blaming just ONE player or coaching decision, I'd be thrilled.

Lum's boy has been fighting as hard as anyone on this team.

Lum's boy doesn't have enough game. Has nothing to do with his effort or heart.

Wake up. Your bullshit deleting of posts in the gay thread you started to "support our QB" makes anything you have to say on this topic ridiculous. I have no idea why you have such a hard on for crappy QB play, but whatever.

If Quinn turns out to be no better than DA we're in deep shit. Period.

It's a game of many plays, a game of inches. Heiden hangs onto the pass for a first down instead of dropping it and putting us into 3rd and long and maybe that play (fumble) don't happen.

Punt to Cribbs, results in a block in the back and pinning us at our goal line. It's plays like all these mentioned here that result in a loss.

As a season ticket holder who treks down there to sit in the rain and the cold and the bore ... this is getting old. If it was as easy as blaming just ONE player or coaching decision, I'd be thrilled.

DA lost the game. Nobody else had even close the negative influence DA did today. Admit it.

why should we stop already!

fuck Dumbass!

he needs smacked like a bitch every sunday!

cause he sucks more balls than mike jackson!

i ain't disagreeing with you, but i personally wish they'd throw beer bottles at his ass!

Very intelligent analysis from another intelligent new poster....

ANYWAY, Derek, at least during the first half and beginning of the second half of last season, seemed to have "it" when it came to having the ability, the nose, for leading comebacks. I don't know where that moxie disappeared to, but it sure as shit is gone...

There are no guarantees on Quinn, but plenty of promise. He seems to have "it"... and you really have to give him about two seasons as a starter to find out for sure.

Again: You can't groom two young quarterbacks at once. When the Browns spent a 1 and a 2 on Quinn, they committed two years of starts to him. Nobody has ever done otherwise.

Perfect way to put it Shep. The ONLY problem is our organization decided to delay this process for 2 years for an unproven guy that started ourt 0-3 so I just never understood the compass after Charlie Frye didn't work and DA and Frye had combined for ONE TD pass all preseason in 2007.

What became the WORST part of the whole thing is we played 12 teams that averaged 4 wins in 2008 (2 teams were winless at the time). The ONLY good team we beat from the other conference in 07 had a history of laying eggs on the road. I wish our staff looked at the trend forming and used the relief process for DA when it was there to be used at Cincy.

I've been brutally MEAN to DA but I do this in the sense of PRO football standards not in the sense I know him. He seems like a GREAT kid this organization flatout destroyed. When he lost confidence and that impacted his performance even more - they should have SAT him a LONG time ago. He didn't START himself and I think BOTH Quinn and Anderson were supportive to each other as much as they COULD be when it's their livelihood. It's not like any of us would welcome someone in Copr America that's there to take our job. Same thing.

All the "Dumb Ass" stuff is exclusively for Loverboy when he was all full of himself. Karma CRUSHED Loverboy this weekend. All I had to share the news I was reading and relate it back to some cocky predictions and well... I'm guessing Lums has his head buried in the sand with other osterichs that don't like what they've seen.

- Tom F. (You didn't REALLY think DA was capable of winning a tight game his defensive teammates put him in excellent position to win did you?)

LMAO - I had to go in to work to work some OT on a new bridge we are designing.... I actually could access the Cleveland Plain Dealer site.... had it on "at the stadium" with refresh at 30 secs....

Saw that the Colts scored on a TD return....

I scan down through to see who fumbled....

Yup, of course it was the fucking twit from Oregon State.....

F him. F him and every jackass that supports that piece of shit....

I do not think I have ever despised a Browns player as much as I absolutely HATE Derek Anderson....

He is a perpetual loser...

Plain and simple.

F it. F it all to hell. We will not do good until that piece of crap, along with lardass, lumbergh and the rest of his gay boy supporters are gone.

What a travesty this clown is.... plain and simple.

Honestly, I am glad he is hurt and I hope he is done for the season. I would rather lose with someone who has more balls and tries to get it done rather than an idiot who has the same MO since his high school days... a turnover machine.

The ONLY problem is our organization decided to delay this process for 2 years for an unproven guy that started ourt 0-3 so I just never understood the compass after Charlie Frye didn't work and DA and Frye had combined for ONE TD pass all preseason in 2007.

Hey Tommy, how about the Orange? Do you see Turner Gill in the Dome next season?

Any way, saying that not starting Quinn is the only problem with this organization is like saying that the only problem a serial killer made was getting caught.

The laundry list -dirty laundry - started with Year #1 and has, at best, been only marginally better since then.

Extra picks. Early picks. Basically nothing to show. 4 complete washouts for every mediocre player drafted by the team.

Disgusting.

PS I was happier the past few years when I didn't give a hoot. Now I am just fed up with a lousy team. No excuses for this lousy organization. Even AZ appears to be on the right track while the Browns wallow in boring and losing football.

Pfffffffffffffttttttttttttttttt!!!!

The problem is has Anderson EVER made a play in crunch time?

Hey Tommy, how about the Orange? Do you see Turner Gill in the Dome next season?

Any way, saying that not starting Quinn is the only problem with this organization is like saying that the only problem a serial killer made was getting caught.

The laundry list -dirty laundry - started with Year #1 and has, at best, been only marginally better since then.

Extra picks. Early picks. Basically nothing to show. 4 complete washouts for every mediocre player drafted by the team.

Disgusting.

PS I was happier the past few years when I didn't give a hoot. Now I am just fed up with a lousy team. No excuses for this lousy organization. Even AZ appears to be on the right track while the Browns wallow in boring and losing football.

Pfffffffffffffttttttttttttttttt!!!!

John,

Good to hear from you! Turner Gill would KEEP the Michael Hart and Dorsey Levens types IN Syracuse after high school. Congrats to your UCONN football program. THAT is what the RIGHT Head Coach can do for a program. Syracuse used to get the Ray Rice types from adjacent areas (ie; KJ, Moose Johnston, Michael Owens, Joe Morris, Robert Drummond, etc).

As for the DA thing, our Brass screwing up on him as epicly as they did means we don't KNOW if we need to go in another direction which maintains us in transition. We'll find out NEXT year if Quinn was wrong, which means if it was don't plan on good football until at least 1-2 years later. That's collateral and collosal damage, which avoidable starting with DA's 4 INT day begging for a relief pitcher episode on a day our running game had close to 150 yards and our offense got the Cincy 29 or further 7 times (5 of those with 0 points to show for it).

We as fans, ME included, have overrated the concept of "talented players here." Winslow isn't the SAME guy he was BEFORE 3-4 knee surgeries AND staph infections speed wise. In addition, I think Manning outside of a DRY dome had more to do with our defense getting off the field than anyone other than Rogers looking like Superman. If we can Superman from needing oxygen less frequently - we can do okay. You put a kid like Cutler out there yesterday used to inclimate conditions and we get punt, passed and licked right out of the stadium. Drew Brees did just as terrible with a wet football yesterday so I'm not ready to think our defense solved squat yet.

I don't see alot of talent on the Browns or I'd see people MAKING plays in the running game or passing game to make us forget Edwards keeps dropping passes. I've only seen our defense score 1 TD when we had a decent lead and the opponent had to be 1 dimensional. When you HAVE talent - SEVERAL guys on your team score TDs and CAUSE TDs. We've lost 2 games when our D only gave up 10 points because all this Phil Savage induced TALENT is summed up to just bad coaching. TALENTED teams can score by accident like Indy getting 2 late turnovers out of Rosenfels and scoring off them. That roster we faced yesterday was 2 deep at Safety, Corner and 3 deep at MLBer. We scored 6 freakin points off 3 turnovers. Our STs looked well coached to me. Our defense seemed reasonably well coached to me yesterday for a change. Our offense? Thank God Indy was injury depleted on D because if we're talking TALENT - their scrubs were BETTER than our starters. Any arguements from anyone?

- Tom F. (When you have TALENT - you can overcome 3 turnovers or a bad day by your QB see Dallas at Buffalo last year or pay attention to yesterday)

Archived