THE BROWNS BOARD

Problem solved......

kbndawg

Anderson's stock will go up if he sits out and the Browns tank. After all, they were within a game or 2 of 500 after the tough part of the schedule with him as starter.

They actually start winning... like some of you guys seem to think would happen without him, then his stock would tank.

i haven't heard. Was Peyton's rating higher that DA's today? i'd be surprised.

Right, because that's a reasonable comparison. Peyton Manning and his career of winning the lower passer rating title each week.

Can we please move past these trivial almost-a-gotcha's? Shit, at least make it sting.

No it wasn't...I don't know what his QB rating was...but Mannings had to be pretty low with no TD's and 2 int's. But he did get a W.

Even the Mannings of the world have sub-par games. This performance was pretty much par for the course for Derek.

Comparing Derek to Manning will get you nowhere, unless he's compared to the Manning Brother that doesn't play football.

Right, because that's a reasonable comparison. Peyton Manning and his career of winning the lower passer rating title each week.

Can we please move past these trivial almost-a-gotcha's? Shit, at least make it sting.

???

It's an honest question. The conditions were bad and they played head to head. Where's the gotcha? i didn't bring up the topic of QB rating.

???

It's an honest question. The conditions were bad and they played head to head. Where's the gotcha? i didn't bring up the topic of QB rating.

I'm just saying it's a tired excuse, one that gets used too often - for both QB's.

DA played really well the 1st 20 minutes, but then reverted to himself and eventually cost us the game. "Yeah well what was Peyton Manning's rating?!?!" = lame.

I kept saying in the tavern how can one person have zero pocket awareness - and not even be able to count to 4. He had plenty of time and was spending 4 seconds to go to check-down routes. 4 seconds is time for BE & Step & Worthless to get open, I don't care how bad everyone says they are.

I'm just saying it's a tired excuse, one that gets used too often - for both QB's.

DA played really well the 1st 20 minutes, but then reverted to himself and eventually cost us the game. "Yeah well what was Peyton Manning's rating?!?!" = lame.

Thankfully we will never have to hear (see) this bullshit again. Dorsey finishes out the year and Quinn begins a new era in '09. It's over let it die.

Most of the problem comes from DA's inability to read a Defense. It's like he doesn't watch film, or forgets it as soon as he walks out of the room. He needs to read where holes in the Defense will open up, and throwing the ball there, not trying to force it into a receiver that is triple covered because of the howitzer on his shoulder. An incomplete into open space is alright now and then because he can go back to the huddle and say, "Braylon - do you see that giant hole in the middle of the zone or in between the safety & your CB, when your route gets covered, look for the space & run there." That's what good QB's do. But he's just as confused as anybody out there so there is none of that "coaching" that goes on in the huddle. He's too busy trying to figure out what play just got called in, check his arm-band then relay it. Not to mention forget about the play clock.

It's a process of timing with his receivers that takes time to work on, but it never does get worked on because he's busy forcing balls into coverage or just flat out missing throws, or the receivers are dropping passes.

Thankfully we will never have to hear (see) this bullshit again. Dorsey finishes out the year and Quinn begins a new era in '09. It's over let it die.

It means nothing unless some new management/coaches are brought in this off-season and they may want da and bq to compete for starting position a real qb competition is something we havent had in many years due to biased and poor evaluation skills of clevelands coaches...

Archived