THE BROWNS BOARD

Thursday night games.. I dont like them.

osusev

These injuries to Stallworth and other players has me thinking.

dam it our schedule is brutal. that Thursday night game with Denver following the sunday night game has me worried because of fatigue, injuries, and game preparation.

I am not a fan of the Thursday night games on the NFL network. I like the network sort of for informational purposes. I think they are taxing teams in a already long season by compressing them for their own broadcast to cash in more.

I agree. Saturday Night games would be better, but that would interfere with the NCAA and Friday Night games would interfere with High School.

Why can't they just do two consecutive Monday Night games like they do the opening week?

Doug

Guest 88fingerslewy

On the bright side. from that game 'til the Buff. game it'll be 11 days. Just like a bye week. But you're right it'll be a brutal week for sure.

I don't like them much either...BUT...

Denver is coming off of a 4:15 start on this Sunday...then has to TRAVEL to Cleveland for the Thursday game. That should give us some advantages.

Also, the week after Denver is our MNF date with Buffalo...which gives us 4 extra days to plan for that game.

Who is the marketing genius that came up with Thursday night games in the first place? I don't think I've ever met anybody that actually likes them, ever.

What do they get like, one day of game planning in a walk through? Ridiculous, then there is no game to look forward to on Sunday. Completely backass IMO.

good point s wpb, I still dont like them for my reasons. I dont mind the concept of the NFL trying to broadcast their own product for the overall good of all franchises.

If they wanted to do that they could have done the Saturday format or say take a couple of the Monday night broadcasts. I suppose there is no easy solution considering their negotiations with the big stations. I just think they made a decision that is bad for the franchises that have to play on that overly compressed schedule. Hell it could be detrimental to a season or even players getting injuries they normally would not have.

Guest Masters

The additional Thursday night games were added so the NFL network had games to air, in their effort to be a network on every basic cable.

There has alwasy been a couple of Thursday games, on Thanksgiving.

These injuries to Stallworth and other players has me thinking.

dam it our schedule is brutal. that Thursday night game with Denver following the sunday night game has me worried because of fatigue, injuries, and game preparation.

I am not a fan of the Thursday night games on the NFL network. I like the network sort of for informational purposes. I think they are taxing teams in a already long season by compressing them for their own broadcast to cash in more.

Game preparation? I wouldn't worry about that - RAC doesn't know the meaning of the word.

But then its on and..

Hey its ON!

Here's what those marketing geniuses have over the rest of you:

Thursday night is a slippery slope into Friday which is OF COURSE the weekend when you can sell ice to eskimos. Don't blame the thursday night game for being at the front of the line.

I like the thursday night game I don't like BEING the thursday night game.

But either does the other team probably. In fact if they LIKE it they probably win. Its psycho-logical.

The additional Thursday night games were added so the NFL network had games to air, in their effort to be a network on every basic cable.

Not Time Warner. icon_evil.gif

Time Warner is corporate Satan. I will watch static before I EVER give them another dime.

F the dead skull of Time Warner.

Doug

Not Time Warner. icon_evil.gif

Time Warner is corporate Satan. I will watch static before I EVER give them another dime.

F the dead skull of Time Warner.

Doug

Doug, its funny- I control time warner NEO. Its true I do ! BWAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

With the exception of MNF, all home games should be played on Sundays at 1:00. And it should be a law.

LOL! Does it have anything to do with manning the grill for 9 hours on a 4.15 kick off??! I am personally gutted that the texans game isn't a 4.15 KO, but then again, I don't have to man the grill!

They're televised locally, but that doesn't do guys who don't live around Cleveland any good.

And girls!! icon_e_wink.gif

I have to admit that I like it anytime the Browns are on national feeds (this past weekend they weren't). I don't get to see them much otherwise. I'll get to see them Sunday ('cause I live in a Baltimore-ish market) and Thursday too! BONUS!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yeah, the short week sucks but I keep thinking these guys are professional athletes and coaches (in theory) they should be able to adjust their schedules.

Sorry ma'am, not trying to exclude you or others.

I am not a fan of the Thursday night games on the NFL network.

Pretty soon, sev, the NFL's marketing department will realize it's a tremendous idea to have games on Wednesday as well.

Archived