THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Anderson

Guest ATENEARS

I'm sure you'd love it if that were the case.

But like another BQ Fag said in another thread......a good showing from DA over these last 5 games would be the BQ Fags' "biggest nightmare".

Five games and counting until you and your fellow fucktards release OUR football team you've been holding hostage since the beginning of last year.

Like I said, Lum - because you didn't hear it the first time - a 5000 passer rating still gets you a ticket out of town.

Bye.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you like being winless against them instead. You're in love! Why do I feel like I'm arguing with Clay's Aiken?

Botom line: Sipe had 3 seasons in a row where he averaged over 4000 yards passing, was a finalist in MVP voting winning it once, and we made playoffs in that span. Now here's the BEST part, this was back when DBs weren't so handcuffed with rule changes/enforcements downfield so it was WAY more challenging than now.

Sipe could ERASE a bad first 58 minutes with game winning drives your boyfriend can't do. It is what it is. That said, I'll put you down as the ONLY fan in the world that can pretend Brian Sipe is inferior to Dumb Ass with a straight face and a stinger.

It's difficult to reason with you because when a homecoming princess sees his homecoming prince, the thing between his thighs makes his Levi's rise. I haven't misunderstood you got wood. It just gives me the willies.

- Tom F. (Isn't it funny how good the coaching always looks when you got the right starting QB? The noise about replacing Wade Phillips suddenly ended while Barry Switzer has a Superbowl Ring on his finger)

I’m a DA fan and I wish he could be the Brown’s QB. But, there is no way in hell he can stay in Cleveland. (my home) For whatever reason there is to much pure hatred against him. It goes beyond football. It’s personal. Pure, vicious hatred, by a bunch of very, very stupid people. It’s also to widespread, too many people. I honestly don’t think he would be safe staying here. Like I said, too many very stupid people live here. If a guy is a bad player and constantly screws up, like a few of our receivers have, boo him if you want. But when this many people want to cause the guy physical harm, that’s way over the top. Not a good situation. Everybody says the owner is bad, the GM is bad and RAC is bad. Well I got news for you folks. In Cleveland, the fans are bad. I don’t care if DA really lights the league up these next few games, DA my boy, you’ve got to get the hell out of Cleveland. Win or lose, you will have a better life if you get the hell away from these people. Sad but true.

what we need here is a play nice thread for the DA worshippers and one for the BQ worshippers...they both think they are right. I like the guidelines on this thread...pretty much talk nice about DA or you are going to get deleted...I'm lovin' this board more and more.

Guest ATENEARS
Its a disgrace and a blasphemy to put DA.

In the same sentence as sipe but im glad we have him for a backup but we wont win but one more game this season anyway...;)

Really?

Derek Anderson had the closest season to Sipe's record setter of 1980 of any QB we've ever paraded through here. Sure Kosar threw 22 TD's in 1987, and threw for 3,854 yrds in 1986, but to say that Derek's 29-TD's of last year can't be mentioned with Sipe's 30-TD's of 1980 is wrong, especially when DA put them up in his first full year as a starter, compared to Sipe doing it in Year #7.

The following year (1981) Sipe threw 17-TD's & 25-INT's. His QB rating went from 91.6 to 68.2. Hell Kosar only completed 50% of his passes his first year and 58% his second (DA completed 56.5% last season in being mocked).

3,787 yards, 29-TD's, 19 INT's and a QB Rating of 82.5% ... and just think he was absolutly horrible and the worst QB on the planet the last 8 games ... (as most will tell you here) ... right?

The Colts come to town on Sunday. They've started ONE QB over the past 11 seasons. The Browns have started 11 QB's in the past ten. It's not like we have a lot of knowledge of what a good QB or Bad QB is ... when one lights up the league, we are really in no position to start boo'ing him and looking to the next guy, but that is exactly what the fans in this city did last off-season and into his first full year at the helm. Stupid.

We did this same thing with a coach named Bill Belichick. The guy inherited a 3-13 club, and built it up to 11-5 and we joined the media in running him out on a rail. Boy, we sure showed him .... at the next party, make a cool statement like, "Who could of known!" (certainly not Browns fans, who are so keen on coaches that they see theirs replaced about every four years).

CLEVELAND = Where Tim Couch is still loved after five meaningless seasons averaging 17-TD's to 18-INT's for 2,200 yrds and a 22-35 record, but Derek Anderson is Boo'ed and sent packing for averaging 21-TD, 17-INT, 3,000 yrds with a 13-13 record over two seasons. Brilliant!

How many games did Leaf start? 25? And he sucked. But you don't make that decision until the kid's had 20-25 start minimum.

I don't know...that is why i was asking you....25 seems high.

I think one could look back through 1st round qbs drafted who didn't get 25 starts with the team that drafted them...

I don't disagree with much of what you say, but you totally discount the new regime.

What if the new guy doesn't like Quinn?

What if the new coach was associated with a team that passed Quinn and he was a big reason on why they passed??

I am not telling you that you are wrong. I am just telling you that you aren't as right as you think you are since there are some new developments.....and coaching changes and possible GM changes to quality as such.

No??

I think one could look back through 1st round qbs drafted who didn't get 25 starts with the team that drafted them...

Leaf started 18 games for the Chargers. He started 3 more games with the Cowboys.

Here's some more 1st round QBs who never got 25 starts:

David Klingler started 24 games for the Bengals.

Heath Shuler started 13 games for the Redskins. He started 9 more with the Saints.

Jim Druckenmiller started 1 game for the 49ers.

Akili Smith started 17 games for the Bengals.

Cade McNown started 15 games for the Bears.

Patrick Ramsey started 24 games for the Redskins, he is currently on the Broncos roster.

Matt Leinart has started 16 games for the Cards, although he could start more in the future.

Aaron Rodgers and Jamarcus Russell have each started 11, but they're currently starters.

I only got 18 starts as QB of my flag football team in Columbus. Total bullshit, it was a city rec league and I was the token white guy on an all black team.

Oh, it was gravy when everything was going great from the get go, but then the bitching started and I fell out of favor. Pretty soon I was replaced by a running QB and relegated to the sidelines. After that, I just kind of disappeared into the sunset, never to be heard from again.

The brothers turned on me man.

I only got 18 starts as QB of my flag football team in Columbus. Total bullshit, it was a city rec league and I was the token white guy on an all black team.

Oh, it was gravy when everything was going great from the get go, but then the bitching started and I fell out of favor. Pretty soon I was replaced by a running QB and relegated to the sidelines. After that, I just kind of disappeared into the sunset, never to be heard from again.

The brothers turned on me man.

LOL....maybe you should have bought a lime green top hat and some lime green shoes.

Whether its DA or BQ I honestly dont care. I want the qb that can run the offense the most efficiently and win games. that is what its about. I wouldnt care if Cribbs ran the offense and they started playing an option offense. the man can run and throw why not try it out. plus you put jamal in to jam the line and have harrison follow cribbs around the corner.

WHETHER OUR BELOVED BROWNS WIN OR LOSE AT LEAST THAT IS A FUN OFFENSE TO WATCH.

BUT WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW, i ONLY RAN AN OPTION OFFENSE FOR FOUR YEARS IN HIGH SHCOOL. 4 YEARS 1400 YARDS RUSHING AND 24 PASSING TD'S.

I don't disagree with much of what you say, but you totally discount the new regime.

What if the new guy doesn't like Quinn?

Ballpeen, that's a very logical question. I think what infuriorates people is that Savage had an urgency to cough up 2 draft picks to trade back up into round 1 to get BQ. We're just not good enough to throw away that many draft picks so if Quinn wasn't WORTHY of putting on the field for some guy that was 0-3 and did NOT win the starting job in camp, we've thrown out 3 different draft picks essentially for a 47% completion rating. Quinn actually had the strongest preseason performances in 2007 while Frye and DA combined for 1 TD pass all preseason of 07. NOBODY understood the hesitation and reluctance to REMOVE DA when he threw that game away in Cincy last year. We reached their 29 yard line or further 5 times without scoring on any of those as we watched 4 bad decisions yanking playoffs from our future. The SAD thing was our oline paved the way for about 150 yards rushing that day and Bodden returned an INT to Cincy's 22 that SHOULD have made QBing easy vrs the crap team we were playing. Seriously, does a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or even a Drew Brees lose a game like that? For that matter, does Chad Pennington?

Then, in 2008, we had to stomach countless BAD days from DA regardless of excuses without ever once seeing this newfound need for a spark RAC alluded to. Somebody like Lums will NEVER get this but the FANS did not draft BQ or heavily commit to him on draft day - Savage did. Am I right in saying that? Now here's the ridiculous outcome: we won't know if BQ was the right choice heading into season #3 and a majority of fans are certain DA is NOT the guy. That's inexcusable for our BRASS to not know if we're set at QB or not.

Furthermore, all this follows cramming Trent Doofus down our esophagii so we ALL saw Frye as an upgrade. Now THAT sucks! This has been a collasal screwup BUT what masks everything is a schedule full of candyasses in 2007 where 12 opponents averaged 4 wins apiece (2 were winless at the time we played them). I don't DA's late Novemeber and December looked anything like his September and October as the number of scouting reports for DCs to master him made it easy.

- Tom F.

Ballpeen, that's a very logical question. I think what infuriorates people is that Savage had an urgency to cough up 2 draft picks to trade back up into round 1 to get BQ. We're just not good enough to throw away that many draft picks so if Quinn wasn't WORTHY of putting on the field for some guy that was 0-3 and did NOT win the starting job in camp, we've thrown out 3 different draft picks essentially for a 47% completion rating. Quinn actually had the strongest preseason performances in 2007 while Frye and DA combined for 1 TD pass all preseason of 07. NOBODY understood the hesitation and reluctance to REMOVE DA when he threw that game away in Cincy last year. We reached their 29 yard line or further 5 times without scoring on any of those as we watched 4 bad decisions yanking playoffs from our future. The SAD thing was our oline paved the way for about 150 yards rushing that day and Bodden returned an INT to Cincy's 22 that SHOULD have made QBing easy vrs the crap team we were playing. Seriously, does a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or even a Drew Brees lose a game like that? For that matter, does Chad Pennington?

Then, in 2008, we had to stomach countless BAD days from DA regardless of excuses without ever once seeing this newfound need for a spark RAC alluded to. Somebody like Lums will NEVER get this but the FANS did not draft BQ or heavily commit to him on draft day - Savage did. Am I right in saying that? Now here's the ridiculous outcome: we won't know if BQ was the right choice heading into season #3 and a majority of fans are certain DA is NOT the guy. That's inexcusable for our BRASS to not know if we're set at QB or not.

Furthermore, all this follows cramming Trent Doofus down our esophagii so we ALL saw Frye as an upgrade. Now THAT sucks! This has been a collasal screwup BUT what masks everything is a schedule full of candyasses in 2007 where 12 opponents averaged 4 wins apiece (2 were winless at the time we played them). I don't DA's late Novemeber and December looked anything like his September and October as the number of scouting reports for DCs to master him made it easy.

- Tom F.

That post was money Flugs.

It is not the coaching staff or front offices fault that BQ got injured and could only start 3 games. They put him in with 8 games remaining and with the intention of giving him 8 games.

Now next year the Browns intend on going into camp with a QB that is 1 - 2 as the starter with a 66 rating. A little bit of improvement over 0 - 3 but then again the team that DA was 0 - 3 on was horrible and not nearly as good as this "perfect Cockpit". I say that more to get illustrate that your 0 - 3 comment about 2006 does not mean a whole lot.

The reason that DA was not removed as a starter in 2007 was that he threw for 3700 yards 30 TDs and the team was trying to make the Playoffs. Now against the Niners you could argue that BQ should have been left in the game. I know it was an easy schedule last year .. Blah blah blah.

This season DA played 3 good to great games and 5 bad to horrible games and a bad quarter. DA is done in Cleveland, but he is the QB Right now for the Browns and there is no first round QB on the bench. So just get behind DA and hope he brings it the rest of the season.

Next season the Browns will go into training camp with a QB that is 1 - 2 against 3 medicore to bad defenses and a 66 rating. He will get his chance to prove that is not what he is. He will get his chance to prove he is durable. He will get his chance to prove he is a leader. And he will get his chance to prove he can do what DA could not, be consistant.

Still bothers me that this team has had 11 QBs in 10 years. I hope they stick with BQ for more than a season. They need to give him time to develope. After all he will only be 25 next year.

"Still bothers me that this team has had 11 QBs in 10 years. I hope they stick with BQ for more than a season. They need to give him time to develope. After all he will only be 25 next year."===CMAC12

He should have been developed a helluva lot more by now, regardless of a freakish hand injury.

Hey Hanklin Fraley, feel free to pick up the blitz up the middle.

we won't know if BQ was the right choice heading into season #3 and a majority of fans are certain DA is NOT the guy. That's inexcusable for our BRASS to not know if we're set at QB or not.

How many times does Quinn need to throw zero TDs against shitty defenses and get pulled from games for you to figure out who the BRASS likes at QB?

The Browns have thrown zero TD passes in 3 separate games this year.

Guess who is responsible for two of those? And guess who was playing against the better defenses?

Always somebody else's fault.

Now it's somebody else's fault BQ can't read a defense.

What's a better batting average .333 or .000? Equating this to our cause: BQ's winning percentage was 333 points higher than your favorite QB. Brady Quinn 1 Dumb Ass 0

Let's review 3rd starts in apples to apples:

DA faced a team that could only win 4 of 16 games with this gem:

Dec 24, 2005 D. Anderson 10 of 27 for 123yds 37.0 cmp% 4.6 avg 0 TD 4 INT This equals a 12.5 passer rating.

Our defense scored the ONLY pts as we can see how one of DA's INTs went for a TD. To this day, have you ever seen a Browns' Qb throw more INTs for TDs to opponents. There's 4 in our last 3 games with Baltimore.

7:05 TB FG Matt Bryant kicked a 23-yard field goal 3 - 0

2nd Quarter

6:18 TB FG Matt Bryant kicked a 24-yard field goal 6 - 0

3rd Quarter

9:20 TB TD Michael Pittman rushed to the right for 11 yard gain (Matt Bryant missed PAT) 12 - 0

4th Quarter

14:12 TB TD Derrick Brooks intercepted Derek Anderson for 21 yards (Matt Bryant made PAT) 19 - 0

11:33 CLE TD Tim Rattay fumbled. Daven Holly recovered fumble and returned for 40 yards (Phil Dawson PAT) 19 - 7

5:47 TB FG Matt Bryant kicked a 37-yard field goal 22 - 7

Now for a LITTLE more intelligence

BQ 8 of 18 for 94 yds 44.4 comp% 5.22 avg 0 TD 2 INT - margin of defeat was less, comp percentage better, avg pass gain better, less INTs with a broken index finger and damaged ligaments and tendons vrs a better team than Tampa was

I see why you're frustrated that Quinn was better in his very first preseason as well as his very first 3 starts.

NOW, if I pull up DA's performance 364 days later - Am I going to see progress? Let's just let the facts determine our answer because you're too lost in love:

Dec 23 @ CIN 53.4 29 of 48 for 251 yds 53 comp% 5.2 avg 4 INT 2 TD

- Like I shared on another thread, our offense had the ball to the Cincy 29 and further on 5 different occasions where we watched DA throw INTs and/or spark us to 0 points for all of those in a game our oline gave us about 150 yards rushing. Jason Wright averaged 12.7 yards a carry while Jamal averaged 4.4 in the same game. We just didn't have the right QB.

I didn't see a growing QB the same way a male cheerleader from Oregon State would have. Same guy Christmas season later. You've got that homecoming princess love with Lancelot armour working. It's adorable but truth be told it never amounted to a Victorious Secret come Christmas time.

- Tom F. (The goal of a franchise QB isn't to have our opponents drooling during every dropback and singing: "Here comes Santa Claus - Here comes Santa Claus right down Interception Lane." DA is averaging 4 INTs every start closest to Christmas. You got any cartwheels for that one Loverboy?)

It doesnt matter what u say, Flugel...Lum is gonna love DA til the cows come home. Somehow he thinks the guy is a premier qb in the nfl...eventually even he will have to realize it was just a boyhood crush and he'll get over it. Well, actually maybe he won't...but there's therapy for it.

LOL! The only problem with this all is the Dr Frasier Crane types of the Pacific Northwest consider running with scissors to be an effective form of therapy. I suppose it's better than hanging out with grown men that like to do splits, cartwheels and circle jerks every game closest to Christmas to honor his annual 4 INT performances. He was even a better Kris Kringle to opponents than Kyle Boller and that ain't easy. Last excuse I heard out of Lums last year was Rudolph wasn't starting at Center in Cincy so it was the first time in history a QB has been asked to brave inclimate weather while Favre threw 5 TD passes on the same day in the same midwest type of weather without Rudloph.

Lummy's the king of excuses - it's all we've seen throughout 2008.

- Tom F.

I’m a DA fan and I wish he could be the Brown’s QB. But, there is no way in hell he can stay in Cleveland. (my home) For whatever reason there is to much pure hatred against him. It goes beyond football. It’s personal. Pure, vicious hatred, by a bunch of very, very stupid people. It’s also to widespread, too many people. I honestly don’t think he would be safe staying here. Like I said, too many very stupid people live here. If a guy is a bad player and constantly screws up, like a few of our receivers have, boo him if you want. But when this many people want to cause the guy physical harm, that’s way over the top. Not a good situation. Everybody says the owner is bad, the GM is bad and RAC is bad. Well I got news for you folks. In Cleveland, the fans are bad. I don’t care if DA really lights the league up these next few games, DA my boy, you’ve got to get the hell out of Cleveland. Win or lose, you will have a better life if you get the hell away from these people. Sad but true.

Pathetic take, jarhead. You dont think he'd be safe staying here? I guess you are used to patrolling the planet...

We don't hate DA personally, we hate the idea of him being our QB. Thank goodness the experiment is coming to a halt.

As for you, calling us out as fans, "jarhead", fuck off. I'm so sick and tired of Browns fans being criticized here, on our own board, because we want, simply, to watch winning football. Something Derek is not a part of, quite obviously.

Favre threw 5 TD passes on the same day in the same midwest type of weather without Rudloph.

Good point Flugs, how about we take a look see at how Favre played on that same day over there in Chicago.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d805607fc

And at 2:05 Favre explains how 35 mph winds affect his game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80560add

Pathetic take, jarhead. You dont think he'd be safe staying here? I guess you are used to patrolling the planet...

We don't hate DA personally, we hate the idea of him being our QB. Thank goodness the experiment is coming to a halt.

As for you, calling us out as fans, "jarhead", fuck off. I'm so sick and tired of Browns fans being criticized here, on our own board, because we want, simply, to watch winning football. Something Derek is not a part of, quite obviously.

no need to get hostile mz the pussy. I'm sure it is tough to stomach when your jack-off fantasy BQ comes in and hits rock bottom in the Football Outsiders DVOA ratings and on top of that gets himself benched AND knocked out for the year with a fingertip injury.

Like I told you yesterday...you and the rest of the BQ Fags have a lot to hope for.....i.e. you need DA to lose some games for BQ to have ANY credentials AT ALL as an NFL QB....to avoid your "Worst Nightmare". So go out and get some Colt gear and get ready for the big game.

Wrong.

Lums is actually in love with BQ and extremely attracted to him. He has a hard time coming to terms with this, so instead he portends to hate Queen and back the Serial Drive Killer until the Beavers come home.

He would make a great study.

Riffer is having trouble understanding why Non-BQ Fags don't want to get oiled up and lay pipe to their Brady Quinn Fathead posters.

Riffer is having trouble understanding why Non-BQ Fags don't want to get oiled up and lay pipe to their Brady Quinn Fathead posters.

You're repressing your desires Lums, this is not healthy.

You can rationalize, justify, deny, block it out of your mind and kick and scream all you want, but it's not going to change the fact you're infatuated with the Golden Domer.

Hey, it can't be easy coming to terms with your own sexuality Lums, especially after having a kid but hey, shit happens.

You probably need to let this all out, it would be much healthier.

I don't give a fuck if DA puts up 30 TDs to no INTs with a 5000 QB rating in these last five games, he has proven he isn't the QB of the future here. Who knows if Quinn is, but at least he's going to get his shot.

i think this sums up things pretty neatly.

Guys, Lerner has my money. i'm rooting for DA and the Browns. Last week i was rooting BQ and the Browns (until DA came in and i was rooting for him and the Browns).

DA was 7-0 at home last year and represented my team (not very well) in the Pro Bowl. Quinn has won at a big time level in college and has shown great athleticism, poise and accuracy at the pro level. WTF is wrong with you people? We've got a great situation and everyone is shitting all over it. This thread has convinced me that Browns fans have lost their edge as pure football people.

i love the Browns, Mount Union and St. Ignatius. The order is unimportant.

Guest ATENEARS
Guys, Lerner has my money. i'm rooting for DA and the Browns. Last week i was rooting BQ and the Browns (until DA came in and i was rooting for him and the Browns).

DA was 7-0 at home last year and represented my team (not very well) in the Pro Bowl. Quinn has won at a big time level in college and has shown great athleticism, poise and accuracy at the pro level. WTF is wrong with you people? We've got a great situation and everyone is shitting all over it. This thread has convinced me that Browns fans have lost their edge as pure football people.

i love the Browns, Mount Union and St. Ignatius. The order is unimportant.

That's the best comments made yet.

I actually started this thread with the rule to delete the negativity because I'm embarrassed for Browns fans for their stupidity over this subject.

I hope DA gets all those players around him that he made better last season, better again against the Colts on Sunday.

BTW, Congrats to St. Iggy ... great game. I love that McVey kid, can't wait to see him return next season.

In keeping with the original point of this thread. I don't think there is any way that we have both of these guys on the roster next season. Who knows which one is gone, I think in a lot of ways Anderson is getting a second chance to earn the job here for next year. He's got 5 games with no one behind him..it's his job the rest of the way to show what he can do. If he shits the bed, like he did in every game this year (except for the MNF game) I don't think he's here next year unless he reworks his contract substantially to remain as the backup. If he lights it up the rest of the way (against some good teams) there's a good chance he stays as QB next season and we make a deal with Quinn in the offseason. Despite how poorly he played against Houston, he had two very good starts putting up a lot of points in his first 2 starts in the league and I would think that would be enough to get some team who needs a QB to give up a pretty good draft pick for him.

All that said... I'm with Roach...I'm a Browns fan and I want to see us win some damn games no matter who is under center.

Archived