THE BROWNS BOARD

PSL's make it hard.

firebiker911

I keep reading in these posts that the only way for the Browns to get the point is for them to start losing revenue. These posters apparently don't understand the PSL as I posted in an earlier reply:

Unfortunately with PSL's, you have no choice but to support the team financially win or lose. If you choose not to renew your tickets you lose your PSL hence you lose hundreds or thousands of dollars. If you choose to pay for tickets then not go to the games, it is your loss. That is why I sold my PSL's this season. Fortunately I found a sucker willing to take them off my hands and for a profit! I am still a fan, but I no longer have to pay for incompetence.

So if you have this PSL system, the owner will still get ticket revenue regardless of performance. What a racket, I wish I could collect my paycheck regardless of the way I do my job. You also have to pay full value for 10 games. 2 preseason games that are basically worthless, and by the end of most seasons, when the games don't mean anything and the weather is cold, you can't hardly give those tickets away.

So let's get on with the next 4 year plan and the next 4 year plan and the next, etc. I'll be watching from home.

I keep reading in these posts that the only way for the Browns to get the point is for them to start losing revenue. These posters apparently don't understand the PSL as I posted in an earlier reply:

Unfortunately with PSL's, you have no choice but to support the team financially win or lose. If you choose not to renew your tickets you lose your PSL hence you lose hundreds or thousands of dollars. If you choose to pay for tickets then not go to the games, it is your loss. That is why I sold my PSL's this season. Fortunately I found a sucker willing to take them off my hands and for a profit! I am still a fan, but I no longer have to pay for incompetence.

So if you have this PSL system, the owner will still get ticket revenue regardless of performance. What a racket, I wish I could collect my paycheck regardless of the way I do my job. You also have to pay full value for 10 games. 2 preseason games that are basically worthless, and by the end of most seasons, when the games don't mean anything and the weather is cold, you can't hardly give those tickets away.

So let's get on with the next 4 year plan and the next 4 year plan and the next, etc. I'll be watching from home.

Well said and i would never get into the psl to begin with and i dont really understand it i do know its a rip off with a team like the expansion era browns and would ask anyone not to honor this owner until he puts out or sells out the team these fans were once vocal fans but are now pussies that believe a guy like lerner with modell like it or not you knew where he stood..

An empty stadium is still a look into the future for a money grubber like lerner his product totally sucks and he needs to lose a fullhouse or two to realize we aint playin around we want our old browns back in the sense of being a blue collar hardnose football team/town he is giving us creme puffs instead from the top down savage best watch what he says many may be comtemplating either not watching the nfl anymore or changing teams..

I had season tickets prior til last season....I didn't renew and couldn't find a buyer. So I'm one of those people that pretty much lost out moneywise...at least for the moment. Funny thing is the team keeps calling me to renew my tickets and saying I won't have to pay my psl again. They must be hard up for season ticket holders. I've learned my lesson though, I'll never be a season ticket holder again. I'll let someone else do it and get my tickets thru them. The PSL system is a racket and I think it will eventually bite the NFL in the ass once teams do go bad and the tickets start to turn over.

Guest 88fingerslewy
I had season tickets prior til last season....I didn't renew and couldn't find a buyer. So I'm one of those people that pretty much lost out moneywise...at least for the moment. Funny thing is the team keeps calling me to renew my tickets and saying I won't have to pay my psl again. They must be hard up for season ticket holders. I've learned my lesson though, I'll never be a season ticket holder again. I'll let someone else do it and get my tickets thru them. The PSL system is a racket and I think it will eventually bite the NFL in the ass once teams do go bad and the tickets start to turn over.
You make some good points, 'cause I've been thinking along the same lines. The PSL was paid for years ago, the overtime was worked to pay for it, long before that. Right now it almost feels justifiable to cut my losses and cheer from a distance. Invoices are due end of March. We'll see. I ain't driving 5 hrs across the border to watch this shit much longer.

I will keep my tickets as long as I live...I paid $3000 for my two PSL's....face value, and have had them for 5-6 years now....I figure in a year or two, I can just walk away and it won't feel like a loss to me...face it, the money is spent and gone anyway.

Sure, I hope I can sell them and get that money back, but if not....no big deal.

the way this team is going, you're going to have alot of seats to choose from, razor...enjoy.

Well, not really....at least on the good seats..every year the Browns get a bundle of upgrade requests...all the seats that are down and in will get filled by people who have seats that are up and out.

If that makes any sense.

I am in as far as I can get....sect 534...middle of the stadium. I am in row 19....I wouldn't mind moving down a little....but I am good with what I have, but will fill out a request to see if I can work down a bit.

I guess so...I managed to find mine in the teens...and that is far enough for my fat butt.....just about the time I get tired of walking up I look at the row and note I only have 17 more rows to go....I am tough, so I tough it out ;)

I will keep my tickets as long as I live...I paid $3000 for my two PSL's....face value, and have had them for 5-6 years now....I figure in a year or two, I can just walk away and it won't feel like a loss to me...face it, the money is spent and gone anyway.

Sure, I hope I can sell them and get that money back, but if not....no big deal.

I don't get that statement unless you are very rich or very stupid. That is like saying "I stayed in my house and made the payments so, I guess I'll just give it away, it was like I rented it". Hey ballpeen if you feel like giving some more away contact me.

Archived