THE BROWNS BOARD

I dont think Crennel Is Going to be Fired

PlaygroundLegend

This is what I have been trying to point out:

"It isn't what fans want, but before the interview began, Lerner said he is waiting until January to determine the fate of General Manager Phil Savage and Coach Romeo Crennel. The Browns (4-7) have five games — almost a third of the season — remaining."

"Lerner was in his owner's box Sunday when the Browns were beaten, 16-6, by the Texans. He was asked how he felt as the game was winding down and Cleveland Browns Stadium was nearly empty. Those who did stay were chanting "Cowher!" "Cowher!," referring to former Steelers coach Bill Cowher.

"It's sickening," Lerner said."

Lerner said he has made no offer to Cowher to replace Crennel, who is 24-35 in three years and 11 games as the Browns' head coach. Internet rumors last week had the Browns making an offer to Cowher for between $8 million and $9 million a year.

When asked about why players are not performing as well as they might, such as Braylon Edwards dropping 17 passes, Crennel has said he doesn't have an answer. Some fans have taken that to mean Crennel cannot solve the problem, but Lerner defended his coach.

"We know this head coach is totally focused on winning," Lerner said. "He might respond to a question in a given way, but you get to know the head coach, and the guy burns inside to win. That is louder in my mind than a particular reaction."

Savage, Crennel and offeats the offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski are signed through 2011.

What does everyone have to say about these snippets from this article

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2008/1...ts/nh161504.txt

It looks to me as if the players this year have just underperformed and had a little bit of bad luck, is that really anyones fault? I think that they are going to let all of this "Fire RACnROLLS" stuff blow over and give hime another shot.

Lerner even said in another article that if they could go 10-6 with the personnel they have, then thats the personnel they should have

This is just food for thought guys

This is what I have been trying to point out:

"It isn't what fans want, but before the interview began, Lerner said he is waiting until January to determine the fate of General Manager Phil Savage and Coach Romeo Crennel. The Browns (4-7) have five games — almost a third of the season — remaining."

"Lerner was in his owner's box Sunday when the Browns were beaten, 16-6, by the Texans. He was asked how he felt as the game was winding down and Cleveland Browns Stadium was nearly empty. Those who did stay were chanting "Cowher!" "Cowher!," referring to former Steelers coach Bill Cowher.

"It's sickening," Lerner said."

Lerner said he has made no offer to Cowher to replace Crennel, who is 24-35 in three years and 11 games as the Browns' head coach. Internet rumors last week had the Browns making an offer to Cowher for between $8 million and $9 million a year.

When asked about why players are not performing as well as they might, such as Braylon Edwards dropping 17 passes, Crennel has said he doesn't have an answer. Some fans have taken that to mean Crennel cannot solve the problem, but Lerner defended his coach.

"We know this head coach is totally focused on winning," Lerner said. "He might respond to a question in a given way, but you get to know the head coach, and the guy burns inside to win. That is louder in my mind than a particular reaction."

Savage, Crennel and offeats the offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski are signed through 2011.

What does everyone have to say about these snippets from this article

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2008/1...ts/nh161504.txt

It looks to me as if the players this year have just underperformed and had a little bit of bad luck, is that really anyones fault? I think that they are going to let all of this "Fire RACnROLLS" stuff blow over and give hime another shot.

Lerner even said in another article that if they could go 10-6 with the personnel they have, then thats the personnel they should have

This is just food for thought guys

Lerner also said money doesn't matter. Crennel is as good as gone. If we win out, he is still gone. Savage wins this round because he has Lerners ear.

Archived