THE BROWNS BOARD

46 Years and counting....

hoorta

Well, well. Yet another monumental Cleveland Sports team flop. I've seen too damn many of them, and considering the circumstances I officially proclaim the Sports town of Clevealnd to be cursed. Somebody please find the party responsible, and take them out.

Now getting back to reality, here's the real low down IMHO. Mike Brown should, and will be fired very shortly. The guy was given a virtual All-Star cast to work with and he was clueless on how to best utilize it in crunch time. It shouldn't have taken him until game 6 to make the adjustment us blind ignorant fans could see from game #2 on. The turd had stuff working in the first half Thursday, and come crunch time in the second half reverted to crap that wasn't getting it done in the previous three games. Shades of Hargrove in the '97 series. Moon's doing great- let's sit him. Andy's stopping Garnett- nah- the overmatched Jamison who's 1 out of 8 from the floor is a better idea guarding Garnett in the second half.

And the playoff crucible did once again expose the Cavs weaknesses. The first being Mo Williams- who is a fine regular season player- but come crunch time, he gets destroyed by the better point guards, and unless he's seriously knocking down outside shots and penetrating he's a playoff liability. And he can be shut down, like tonight. 70% first half, 1-8 second half. The pressure's on, and Mo folds like a tin can. Upgrade needed.

So let's move to the #2 guard. Anthony Parker? Really? His D is over-rated, and his offensive production is seriously deficient for a shooting guard. Adios.

As to the bigs, remains to be seen how much Shaq will want to come back, and if Z will retire.

Of course, what LeBron decides to do trumps everything else. I don't see him bailing, but you never know.

I'm right there with ya, just turned 47 myself. I think it's the curse of firing Paul Brown myself....

I agree on your points, and will chime in a few more: Delonte West should have either started or gotten way more minutes. Mo Williams is a hot & cold guy, with defensive weakness...why not bring Mo on to spell Delonte? Mo reminds me of Detroit's Vinnie Johnson, a real streaky shooter. West is a much better defender.

Jamison was a big disappointment in this series. He appears to back down from contact, as he keeps putting up these ridiculous finger-rolls.

On a last note, I'm going to miss big Z, I think he's done, at least here. Greatest center in Cavs history (sorry Brad).

I'm done with the NBA now, can't wait for Browns training camp.

This was our last chance for a long time, to get Cleveland a championship. The Browns and Indians are far away from even being playoff teams again. Lebron is leaving, no doubt about that, and the Indians are just...well pathetic and Shapiro needs to go. His love of prospects is running that team into the ground and while some of these prospects pan out to be great pick ups, he dumps them off too. Grady and Choo will be gone by the end of the year. The Browns? 5 wins last year...probably the same, if not worse next year. We'll be waiting for a long time...

The only other team in Ohio close to winning a championship is the Akron Zips soccer team haha and really who cares about soccer? But I bet it will be another decade before we see a team be a "contender" like the Cavs were this year, and last year, and the year before that, and the year before that haha

This was our last chance for a long time, to get Cleveland a championship. The Browns and Indians are far away from even being playoff teams again. Lebron is leaving, no doubt about that, and the Indians are just...well pathetic and Shapiro needs to go. His love of prospects is running that team into the ground and while some of these prospects pan out to be great pick ups, he dumps them off too. Grady and Choo will be gone by the end of the year. The Browns? 5 wins last year...probably the same, if not worse next year. We'll be waiting for a long time...

The only other team in Ohio close to winning a championship is the Akron Zips soccer team haha and really who cares about soccer? But I bet it will be another decade before we see a team be a "contender" like the Cavs were this year, and last year, and the year before that, and the year before that haha

Let's face it, the most likely next championship is the Browns, and that is half a decade away, or more. Indians: never. Cavs: not likely now.

That's what hurts the worst- this was our last best chance to win a title for years. Even if LeBron stays (and I think he will), the Cavs will take a significant step backwards next year. Doubtless there's going to be a serious shakeup.

If Lebron stays as you think, why would we take a step back??

Because we don't have Shak?? Because we fired Urkel??

We will take a step back if James leaves....that goes without saying.

The Browns will win a Super Bowl inside 6 years.....bank it....I assume, with God willing, I will be around for that....

I wonder how many people has witnessed a cleveland championship team.

Plenty, actually- though 46+7 (the age most people start filing things in long term memory) = 53. There's actually people old enough to remember the last time the Indians won a World Series 1949- including a guy who played in it- Bob Feller.

I'll even date myself for ya. One of my early memories was sitting in my dad's car listening to the radio, and hearing that the last surviving Civil War veteran had died. Yup, there's people alive that could honestly say they shook hands with a guy that shook hands with Abraham Lincoln.

Yes, the Cleveland Curse has struck yet again- but the odds just keep getting shorter that the string of incredible bad luck will end soon.

I wonder how many people has witnessed a cleveland championship team.

As Hoorta said....people about 52-53 have seen that, so I qualify.... plus some.

It's why he said some of us are running out of years. I look at it like this. If Colt has a long, illustrious career as QB of the Browns, he might be the last QB of my long, illustrious career as a Browns fan.

Just the way it goes. Father Time keeps on ticking.

Plenty, actually- though 46+7 (the age most people start filing things in long term memory) = 53. There's actually people old enough to remember the last time the Indians won a World Series 1949- including a guy who played in it- Bob Feller.

I'll even date myself for ya. One of my early memories was sitting in my dad's car listening to the radio, and hearing that the last surviving Civil War veteran had died. Yup, there's people alive that could honestly say they shook hands with a guy that shook hands with Abraham Lincoln.

Yes, the Cleveland Curse has struck yet again- but the odds just keep getting shorter that the string of incredible bad luck will end soon.

Did you see cy young pitch for the indians? :ph34r:

I saw Otto Graham in his final season......can't say I remember much...at the age where the hotdogs, popcorn, and Coke held a large part of my attention.

My Dad's usual seat mate couldn't attend due to illness so it was deemed by Mom I should attend my first game.

Mom's are cool.

City of Cleveland is a loser city with dwindling population.

It even shows with our sports teams LOL. We need a Miracle

Mike, Cleveland ain't that bad. Traffic is good, cost of living is cheap, and live in the suburbs. Brecksville is one of the TOP rated places to live in the USA, along with Lynhurst. Don't drink the coolaid. I lived all over the world, and I know. San Diego used to be nice, now it is crowded and extremely expensive. Not to mention the illegal problem and air polution coming down from shithole LA.

Now really, you'd have to be 110 to remember that- considering Young's last year was 1911, I'm not quite THAT old, and doubt I'll want to be. But I'll bet my grandmother saw him pitch a time or two, as well as reading in the paper a ship called the Titanic sank. BTW, I did a quick search of oldest living persons, and there are at least 3 people in the USA who could legitimately make the claim they did see Cy pitch, or remember the last Cubs World Series win back in 1908 .

It's humbling to think about the incredible technological progress that generation experienced- from riding around in a horse and buggy- to tooling around in a 429 Ford Mustang. The Wright brothers, to landing on the moon- in one lifetime.

Now if you go the super annuity route, the bugle boys in the Civil War were probably born in 1850 or so. When the last of them kicked off in the early 1960s it means anyone in their late 50s could have met them- and certainly the remaining WWII vets met a lot of them. One of the most stunning film clips I've ever seen was seeing Civil War vets marching in a Veterans day parade in the 30s FDR was the president at the time. And let's dial it back one more generation- those Civil war bugle boys probably talked to some old geezers who fought with General Washington, before this was even a country. So yeah- it's possible somewhere there's a guy who talked with a guy who talked with a guy who talked to George Washington.

I don't that any WWI vets remain. It would be interesting to find out.

A quick search showed maybe 6.....but the articles were several years old...my Grandfathers and granduncles all fought in the war.

WWI seemed a part of my life.....now it is just pages in a history book.

I remember the last War Between the States vet to die......seemed as far away to me as WWI vets must seem to young people today.

Soon there will be no WWII vets....and those are todays 25-35's Grandfathers....and many do remember them....so the impact will happen as they die off.

Archived