THE BROWNS BOARD

its REAL HARD

tampadawgs

Did not know where to post this, so I put it here.

In my years as a Cleveland Fan. Browns, Indians, Cavs, and Ohio State. I have invested so much in my teams. I cheer watch ever game, and go home thinking why cant we win anything

The Drive

The Fumble

The Shot

The Jose Mesa

Tribe up 3-1 to Boston

Cavs in Finals getting sept

Tribe trading away everyone

And all the Ohio State shit

Thats just to name a few, now this with the Cavs, are you kidding me!!!!! No Heart, Lebron what are you doing. You say no excusses of your elbow, well then no excusses.

Wht do I invest so much time?????

Coz dem's da breaks. Just the way it is - we will be back - one day.

It's easy to be a fan of a winning team, where would the fun go?

I feel your pain but we are Cleveland fans - there's pride in that whether it's misplaced or not.

Sometimes the waiting is rewarded. My ex inlaws are from boston. They said after the ball went through buckner's legs that they would probably never win a baseball championship but it happened...

The Browns will soon have a team that is not only respected but feared.

Ohio State did win a national championship and I think they will win another before pryor leaves

In my years as a Cleveland Fan. Browns, Indians, Cavs, and Ohio State. I have invested so much in my teams. I cheer watch ever game, and go home thinking why cant we win anything

The Drive

The Fumble

The Shot

The Jose Mesa

Tribe up 3-1 to Boston

Thats just to name a few, now this with the Cavs, are you kidding me!!!!! No Heart, Lebron what are you doing. You say no excusses of your elbow, well then no excusses.

you should invest some time into spell check.

seriously though, hang in there. it will get better.

Sometimes the waiting is rewarded. My ex inlaws are from boston. They said after the ball went through buckner's legs that they would probably never win a baseball championship but it happened...

The Browns will soon have a team that is not only respected but feared.

Ohio State did win a national championship and I think they will win another before pryor leaves

Red Sox fans could slough it off at that time because they had the Celtics winning titles. If one team in your town is taking titles, it is easier to be tolerant of the town's other teams foibles in losing a title. Its like Pittsburgh, the fans there have been able to laugh off the Pirates because the Steelers and Penguins have won titles. They are just lucky dumbasses. If all three of Pittsburgh's team had played the way the Pirates have the last 20 years, they would have needed electric fences along all the bridges over the 3 rivers to keep everyone from jumping off.

I am convinced there is a Cleveland curse and I am also totally convinced it cannot be broken until the Browns win a championship. It will take that level of fan euphoria to break this thing.

Here's the sad part. The mayans have proven time after time that they not only surpassed our current knowledge of astronomy, but they fully understood the pulse of the planet. Their calender stops in September of 2012. You know, right around the time we are expecting a much improved Browns team to take the field with every piece in place to be a real contender. Wouldn't it be our luck to have the whole shit-house go up right before the Browns embark on a championship run?

Ohio State did win a National Title, and I think they might win one this year. They also lost to Florida 2 times and LSU once. Living in Tampa I have to listen to all these Fu#%ing Gator Fans and it drive me nuts

Then living in Tampa again, having all these Yankee fans around is a joke, the nice thing tho is that the Rays are doing well, and they are a real fun team to watch.

The Browns its been a little easier to take, because every year you knew they were not that good, now things seem to be changeing with them, so when do they rip out my heart and stomp on it?????

I just want one of my PRO teams to win the whole thing....

Think about the Browns 1964

The Indians 1948

The Cavs Never

The Browns in the 80s we should have at least 1 super bowl

The Tribe in the 90s should have at least 1 Ring

The Cavs of the 2000s should have at least 1 title. Lebron does not even look like he wants to play, Mike Brown hurt his feeling after game 2 and he is being a baby.

In all these cases the fact is that we had the best teams in those time frames, and we were upset!!!!!!

Just a little upset with the whole thing, but hey the tribe have won 2 in a row!!!!!!!

Here's the sad part. The mayans have proven time after time that they not only surpassed our current knowledge of astronomy, but they fully understood the pulse of the planet. Their calender stops in September of 2012. You know, right around the time we are expecting a much improved Browns team to take the field with every piece in place to be a real contender. Wouldn't it be our luck to have the whole shit-house go up right before the Browns embark on a championship run?

nope.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...orld-myths.html

The Maya calendar doesn't end in 2012, as some have said, and the ancients never viewed that year as the time of the end of the world, archaeologists say.

But December 21, 2012, (give or take a day) was nonetheless momentous to the Maya.

"It's the time when the largest grand cycle in the Mayan calendar—1,872,000 days or 5,125.37 years—overturns and a new cycle begins," said Anthony Aveni, a Maya expert and archaeoastronomer at Colgate University in Hamilton, New York.

The Maya kept time on a scale few other cultures have considered.

During the empire's heyday, the Maya invented the Long Count—a lengthy circular calendar that "transplanted the roots of Maya culture all the way back to creation itself," Aveni said.

During the 2012 winter solstice, time runs out on the current era of the Long Count calendar, which began at what the Maya saw as the dawn of the last creation period: August 11, 3114 B.C. The Maya wrote that date, which preceded their civilization by thousands of years, as Day Zero, or 13.0.0.0.0.

In December 2012 the lengthy era ends and the complicated, cyclical calendar will roll over again to Day Zero, beginning another enormous cycle.

"The idea is that time gets renewed, that the world gets renewed all over again—often after a period of stress—the same way we renew time on New Year's Day or even on Monday morning," said Aveni, author of The End of Time: The Maya Mystery of 2012.

I am convinced there is a Cleveland curse and I am also totally convinced it cannot be broken until the Browns win a championship. It will take that level of fan euphoria to break this thing.

I think its December 2012. And if the world does end, the Browns will be the least of my worries!

That's good info but I guess it all depends on your definition of "renew". And as a life long Browns fan, I can't help but worry that floods and earthquakes will ravage the planet in 2010 and I will never see those nasty Orange and Brown uniforms that I love so much in front of the whole country on Super Bowl Sunday.

I swear, on Madden when I play in the Super Bowl and see that Super Bowl patch on my fictiotious players, I almost weep.

Yeah I'm used to watching Cleveland teams fail. But unlike people from Pittsburgh at least we stick by our teams, we are no where near the fair weather town they are. Steelers start losing and they hide in the hills and don't even get me started with the Pirates haha

The only joy I get is when I can see the Suckeyes lose...

The Drive

The Fumble

The Shot

The Jose Mesa

Tribe up 3-1 to Boston

One Championship Erases all that... Thats why we continue to endure. It is what it is. I was born and raised in Cleveland, you cant just quit being a fan, its always there.

I am thankful that I'm only a Browns fan. I can take one losing team as long as the others (Canadiens, Yankees, Buckeyes/ND Irish, and Lakers) keep me going (what can I say, I've moved around a lot!). I don't consider the Buckeyes a Cleveland team or a losing team. And I have only followed the Browns since they became the "new" team three years after the "old" team left.

But the Browns will be back this coming year, I am certain of it. Has anyone determined the odds of a 1-12 team going on to win 4 games in a row. It's 1 in 21,000. I'm telling you, the corner has been turned and the momentum is on our side. No superbowl prediction but this team can go better than .500

well, I will always cheer my Cleveland teams, but just hard that I invest so much in all of them. That being said

The Browns, I know better days are ahead and that is nice, and I look forward to it

The Indians, ALOT of young talent, the problem is the owner sucks, and they will all be traded at some point. When the owner says we only can compete every couple years and thats the way it is, thats a joke!!!!!!!

The Cavs, Great owner gave everything that he could to Lebron, if he leaves he is not who I thought he was. If he does leve I have a Lebron signed jersey for sell :rolleyes:

The Buckeyes. Every year they do great just please stop losing to Florida, it drives me nuts!!!!!!

Yeah I'm used to watching Cleveland teams fail. But unlike people from Pittsburgh at least we stick by our teams, we are no where near the fair weather town they are. Steelers start losing and they hide in the hills and don't even get me started with the Pirates haha

The only joy I get is when I can see the Suckeyes lose...

Yeah we really are sticking by the Indians. Last in MLB in attendance with 14,000/game. We are just like ever other town out there in regards to MLB, NHL and NBA (the NFL is a whole different animal) win and fans will be there.

Yeah we really are sticking by the Indians. Last in MLB in attendance with 14,000/game. We are just like ever other town out there in regards to MLB, NHL and NBA (the NFL is a whole different animal) win and fans will be there.

I don't blame people for not going to Indians games at all. They traded away all of their talent for a bunch of no-names. I want to watch MLB, not AAA.

I don't blame people for not going to Indians games at all. They traded away all of their talent for a bunch of no-names. I want to watch MLB, not AAA.

I completely agree. I was just stating to FeartheRoo don't pound your chest like Cleveland will support any team no matter what the circumstances at all costs because it is just not true.

im a tampa bay buccaneers, orlando magic, and rays fan - i know the feeling of losing all too well, trust me :( i remember for the longest time the bucs were known as the yucks by other fans, people would be wearing paper bags on their heads at games, there'd be about 5 people in the stands, we were the doorstop to everybody in the league, etc. but in 2002 everything came together for us and we finally won our superbowl and all the years of grief/frustration/anger/etc went away when i saw warren sapp and derrick brooks holding up the lombardi together

what im saying is, it may suck for you guys now but your time will come too and all the negative feelings will disappear - you guys are heading in the right direction and i don't think you will be waiting as long as some of you may think

I live in Tampa and let me tell you how much a can not stand Bucs fans and Magic Fans..More Bucs fans I have never seen a city give up on a team like the Bucs there fans are the biggest joke in all of Football....

Ray fans, samething go to St. Pete and watch the best team in baseball what a joke!!!!!!!

Archived