THE BROWNS BOARD

Ballparks

Chris.

So I've embarked on a family reunion of sorts, driving up north and catching some baseball games where I can.

First up was the Tribe in Kansas City.

Getting here, I just beat the tornadoes in Oklahoma and now there are some pretty serious storms going on in KC. Seems oddly appropriate, considering who's playing.

Nice view from the hotel when I got here, though.

004.jpg

Hopefully they'll get the games in. I plan on catching the games on Tuesday on Wednesday, then hopefully paying visits to Wrigley, PNC, Miller and of course the Jake. More pictures and stories to come....unless this weather follows me along.

Just got back from the K. And to think I was regretting having to miss the Cavs.

But yeah, I was really impressed, it was a great stadium. Great views from all over, cheap tickets and parking, decent food. Definitely worth a visit if you're ever in the area.

Some pics + comments...

My first stop was checking out the gift shop, where right when I walked in I was greeted by my hero.

4600535072_9d7ef149e8_b.jpg

And there was a pretty good selection...

4600535432_21d7174d0e_b.jpg

Next I went down to check out BP, where I saw Chris Perez warming up with Unleash the Fury Mitch Talbot.

4600535904_eef3e911c3_b.jpg

Chris liked my style.

4599917683_348b0fbcc4_b.jpg

Then I found my seats. Not too bad for $25.

4600537854_9519f7b563_b.jpg

Like I said, great views from every angle. I took this one waiting in the beer line.

4600538732_dc71113512_b.jpg

Just a great looking outfield. I think that's the second biggest HD screen in the world (after the new Cowboys stadium).

4600539102_4d29b7d425_b.jpg

They also have some pretty fancy entrance videos for all the Royals. I got a good laugh at this one.

4599921061_e9150586e1_b.jpg

He went on to give up 2 hits and 2 walks, then got yanked without recording an out. Good stuff.

That's all I feel like posting from tonight, I'm a terrible photographer but I thought those ones all came out pretty good.

Oh yeah, and a couple random things.

I always like to see what jerseys people where when I'm at a road game. I'd say it's 70% Greinke, 25% Butler, 4% Soria. Only saw a total of two non-those guys jerseys. One Coco Crisp and one Rick Ankiel. That's when I was reminded why everyone just sticks to Greinke jerseys.

Grudzielanek got a big cheer when he was announced. A Royal fan noticed my Tribe hat and said, "Dude, spell Grudzielanek." I'm guessing this was a way for him to embarrass me by exposing how little I knew about baseball, or how little I cared about the Indians, or how little I love Mark Grudzielanek. Anyway, I said "uhhh." He said, "come on man, spell it." I said "u-h-h." He won that battle.

And Choo had a couple big Korean cheering sections, which was pretty entertaining. "CHOOOOOO! SHIN! SOO!"

Really good time overall.

Loved every bit of it!

You're pretty good for a "terrible" photographer. Really, REALLY nice shot of the scoreboard and the dancing fountains! Same goes for the fountains in the Perez picture.

Josh Rupe was --->this<--- close to joining my fantasy team based on his picture alone. Seems the Royals got smart and designated the guy for assignment after not being able to retire anyone from our sorry club. Hope your trip continues to be a blast and you keep us updated bud.

Beanpot

Glad you guys are liking it. Just got back from game 2 (assuming it's over, can't imagine they keep going with 5 innings played).

No pictures today due to the rain, but it was another good game. Royals ruined every potential rally they had with sac bunts, which leads the guys ahead of me to start screaming about how Retarded sac bunts are.

Then Mike f'in Redmond comes through in the 5th with a.....sac bunt. Droob knocks in 2 runs. Fausto is Bug Game-esque mowing em down through the elements. Thank God we're winning these games.

Next up.....Wrigley on Friday. Assuming the weather lightens up, I'll get some more pics up here.

And Bean....I'm glad I got that Rupe picture when I did. Could be a collector's item. Maybe I'll get him to sign it.

Glad you guys are liking it. Just got back from game 2 (assuming it's over, can't imagine they keep going with 5 innings played).

No pictures today due to the rain, but it was another good game. Royals ruined every potential rally they had with sac bunts, which leads the guys ahead of me to start screaming about how Retarded sac bunts are.

Then Mike f'in Redmond comes through in the 5th with a.....sac bunt. Droob knocks in 2 runs. Fausto is Bug Game-esque mowing em down through the elements. Thank God we're winning these games.

Next up.....Wrigley on Friday. Assuming the weather lightens up, I'll get some more pics up here.

And Bean....I'm glad I got that Rupe picture when I did. Could be a collector's item. Maybe I'll get him to sign it.

Awesome! Keep the pics coming.

Back from Wrigley. Not much to say....beautiful, classic, awe-inspiring, etc.

Souvenir stands could use a little work though....

Uploading a bunch of pics but in a bit of a hurry around here. Here's my favorite one, I'll be back later with more.

4607186357_b0a985e7b1_b.jpg

Awesome! Pretty cool that you got to see McCutchen go off too.

Where were your seats?

Beanpot

Edit: Doh! Stupid question if you took that shot from your seats, I now realize. I just remember running around all over that place with the camera when I was there far too long ago.

Ah, it's been an exhausting last couple days but there have been a few hours of baseball-inspired bliss. First a few more pictures from Wrigley.

Obligatory "Wrigley Field entrance" photo.

4607205883_a58090228a_b.jpg

The view coming up from the stairs to catch BP. Amazing.

4607817678_c1c783f907_b.jpg

Upper deck before the game to see the whole field.

4607207609_ec48cf127c_b.jpg

Like Bean said, McCutchen was everywhere in this game, and I took a bunch of pictures of him. Mainly because he was one of the only interesting players in the entire game.

4607208411_2fe3602a11_b.jpg

Evan Meek vs. Derrek Lee

4607821628_78ebe54bff_b.jpg

More McCutchen. Crossing the plate after a solo shot.

4607825314_635476a302_b.jpg

Sweet Lou reminding Carlos Zambrano he's being paid $18 million to be a set up man (he gave up 3 earned in a tie game in the 8th)

4607823834_84a963a3e5_b.jpg

And there's much more, but they become pretty redundant. Obviously it was another great time overall, followed up nicely by...

Miller Park.

4610942110_14a95931f3_b.jpg

(Ryan Braun at bat)

Not as many photos due to the focus on beer.

Of course I did make sure to catch the sausage race.

4610939284_a8917ee310_b.jpg

And honored the winner (Polish) by eating one of his own.

4610940266_1af8cc7cc0_b.jpg

And of course washed it down with a High Life.

4610332273_6dfe0d00e0_b.jpg

As I said, not many pictures of actual baseball, but...

Here's Chase Utley

4610938572_7378014da3_b.jpg

And a look at the scoreboard

4610942876_c0e00014d0_b.jpg

And a man close to my heart and yours....

4610334587_6a078dfeb1_b.jpg

Parking was juuuuust a bit outside. :unsure:

Another great time, obviously. It's hard to find anything to complain about with this much baseball happening.

Next up: Jake/PNC.

Awesome! Pretty cool that you got to see McCutchen go off too.

Where were your seats?

Beanpot

Edit: Doh! Stupid question if you took that shot from your seats, I now realize. I just remember running around all over that place with the camera when I was there far too long ago.

Yep, just slightly down the first base side, in the "second" level. Partially obstructed by one of those damn beams, but I managed.

Thanks.....I have been to both KC and Wrigley.....both great places to catch a game.

And great contrasts to each other. Kauffman's pretty high tech (and in a sectioned off "stadium section" of the city) where Wrigley is obviously just a historic place. Miller was really impressive, too. My pictures didn't do justice to how good it looks. Walking around inside the stadium was a little hectic, but the field and all the seats looked great, another great atmosphere.

Awesome dude.

Is it me or does Wrigley looks like a minor league ball park?

Yep, especially the concourses. No doubt it's a great place to watch baseball, though.

Unfortunately I was at the game last night. I took this one seconds before Wood gave up his leadoff triple.

4624134437_fe9d021e15_b.jpg

No kidding. I wonder if Santana will be enough to re-gain some fan interest.

Speaking of drawing interest....I went to PNC yesterday. About as enjoyable as a game can get when there's a total of one player worth a damn, on either side.

View from across the Clemente bridge

4633577480_773af5a6d1_b.jpg

From my seats

4632984521_2947aa5353_b.jpg

And of course the one player worth a damn....Andrew McCutchen. (Jason Heyward sat out....came in to pinch hit and walked)

4632988135_64707d020b_b.jpg

Went to Huntington Park. Very nice park. Santana is fun to watch. Weglarz is hitting below .100, but showed off his arm with 2 outfield assists and got the walk-off single in the 11th inning. Brian Bocock, as expected, is an absolute wizard at short.

4646298895_4cdd0838fa_b.jpg

4646915932_ccd706bcd7_b.jpg

4646925840_1d4cf779ba_b.jpg

I wish I took more pictures of the actual park....but I was a bit preoccupied with a certain player.

4646302277_b4b778948d_b.jpg

4646921216_caa6bea999_b.jpg

4646927576_cb63e8cc69_b.jpg

4646923460_200680b076_b.jpg

4646930132_b55a07ac0c_b.jpg

At some point I was struck with a pretty incredible surprise. Can't imagine anyone but Bean will remember this but look who I found...

4646926768_a07ff907e5_b.jpg

So slick with the glove, and so cool after hitting a bomb to left field.

4646924830_e27be68d67_b.jpg

Good time.

Archived