THE BROWNS BOARD

McCoy Just a Backup?

Browns57

He's a QB drafted on a team who hasn't had one in more years then I can remember.

Until some QB comes in and gets a stranglehold on the position, every new QB drafted is going to be BMOC.

There's a pole on ClevelandBrowns.com between all the rookies who's jersey will you be wearing come opening day, Colt McCoy is winning by a large margain at 50%....scary

You know ... I'm not into the jerseys anymore.

Maybe I'm an old dude now.

But I'd rather wear a classic looking Browns t-shirt or sweatshirt on game days.

When the team came back I was a jersey-head buying a new one each year: Couch, Courtney, Warren .... yeah, great investments all.

So then I got a custom jersey with my favorite number "44" (Leroy Kelly ... and Byner too) and my last name on it and that was my jersey I wore every week, every year.

Then I "lost" my entire Browns wardrobe (long story) and since then I have just been grabbing an occassional t-shirt or ballcap. There are no cold-weather game days down here, and it will be 75* and sunny when I am up for the Jets game in November, so... the t-shirts should do.

When I was a kid I idolized Kelly, Pruitt, Sipe ... I had 44, 34 and 17 on everything ... but as you get older it becomes more about the team as you see players come and go.

Like Brady Quinn ... never did a damn thing for us, sold thousands of jerseys and now he's a Bronco.

I guess the best jersey investment in 99 would have been Phil Dawson ... but who wants to be a kicker?

And look at all those Pittsburgh women in their pink 7's ... yea Rapist!

The best jersey ideas are the personalized ones with your name on it, a classic one like Jim Brown, or I always like Hoorta's idea of adopting "46" for a retired jersey number that you never have to worry about a suckey player wearing it.

But for me ... give me a dingy old t-shirt that says "Cleveland Browns ... est. 1946"

Zombo

--Whoops, I mean buy jerseys like crazy at skippy's on-line store Skippy.com

Archived