THE BROWNS BOARD

Pulling BQ

WPB Dawg Fan

I have said time and again that I don't believe DA is the QB of the future for the Browns. I wanted to give him a chance....but I just didn't see it.

Yesterday, BQ was quite frankly terrible. He didn't finish on drives....and then threw a terrible INT to a DE. The INT in front of BE was in part BE's fault....but at the same time...I don't think he had good enough position that BQ should have thrown the ball in the first place. Add that to the fact he was playing with a broken finger (tip of his index finger) that is one of the two 'guiding' fingers when passing the ball....and you have to see it likely wasn't going to get any better for him. Especially with the lack of concentration and enthusiasm demonstrated by the WR corp.

Basically, it was going downhill for BQ in a hurry.

I believe pulling him was actually the right thing to do. It was a chance to give the offense a spark. It was a wake-up call. It was what should have happened several times earlier in the year with BQ off the bench. Unfortunately it never happened then...and this time it didn't work! DA came in and proceeded to prove to everyone why he was sent to the bench in the first place. (did anyone else notice BE get laid out by DA almost immediately?)

BQ should be healthy (it generally takes 2 weeks for those fractures to be pain free) by next week. He should start.

With that said, Braylon Edwards should NOT start. He should be benched and let Sanders/Steptoe/Cribbs/Stallworth be the WR's...maybe even activate Rucker and/or Hubbard. They may or may not be the answer...but BE is DEFINITELY part of the problem.

Lewis looked solid.

Harrison played well.

Cribbs is still a beast.

The OL did it's job.

Neither QB had a great day...but BE and K2 did little if anything to help them....and BE did more to HURT them than he did good. It is time he is accountable and rides the pine. The year is done...so let's see if we can replace sir drop-o-matic!!!

Unless the finger is worse than they say, BQ has to start next week against the Colts. The season is now officially a bust and the team needs to start looking to next year. If BQ is going to be the franchise QB of this team then now is the perfect time for him to get the experience. They're not going to make the playoffs so let him play and learn from his mistakes and he can have about 8 full games under his belt for next season.

Unless the finger is worse than they say, BQ has to start next week against the Colts.

Peter King said once again in his MMQB column that BQ has some sort of tendon problem in his finger, although neither Quinn nor anyone in Cleveland has stated that.

Anyways that could provide a central core for the excuses this week.

Peter King said once again in his MMQB column that BQ has some sort of tendon problem in his finger, although neither Quinn nor anyone in Cleveland has stated that.

Anyways that could provide a central core for the excuses this week.

If, and I do mean "IF", he has a tendon problem in his finger he should NOT start. Period. The only way those things heal is with rest. And you don't get that practicing all week.

However, even if it is 'just' a fracture...it is on the tip of the index finger. For those of you who have throw a football you know that the last two fingers that leave the ball are the middle and index fingers. They are the fingers that actually guide the ball and put the RPM's on it. The fracture would either make it painful...or if medicated he wouldn't have feeling/touch...when he passed the ball.

With that said, a 'tuft' (tip of finger) fracture pretty much heals in about 2 weeks...which means if it is just a fracture he should be ready and healthy for next week.

The season is over. Not that there was much hope going into Sunday, but coming out... the season is over.

So, there is no QB controversy in Cleveland for these last 5 games. Its Quinn's season to examine him as a possible solution at the QB position.

That, John, is why I disagree with your assessment of pulling Quinn. Wouldn't you want to know if the kid could dust himself off and find a way in the fourth quarter? Also, if 2 INT's is a recipe for benching then how the hell do you address the multiple occassions we threw DA to the dogs by leaving him in?

I have no idea how bad the injury is. I don't think it was a factor certainly in Quinn's mind. I really don't think it was a factor in RAC's either. At least, not the primary factor.

One thing seems obvious, the offensive unit didn't agree with the call. You could see the indifference in their play after the switch. JLew said as much in his post game comments.

This team is lost. They need to fire RAC. They'll most likely wait til season's end barring further erosion of the players' will to fight.

The season is over. Not that there was much hope going into Sunday, but coming out... the season is over.

So, there is no QB controversy in Cleveland for these last 5 games. Its Quinn's season to examine him as a possible solution at the QB position.

Tell that to Romeo.

For every game from here on out that Romeo remains the coach, the fans will disconnect further and further with this regime and ownership.

Not only does Romeo need to be fired, but Lerner needs to sell the team, and Savagina also needs to be fired.

You have to hold people accountable. 4 years and no improvement is FAILURE.

Yanking a healthy Queen after naming him the starter only two weeks ago was a huge mistake that's making Crennell the laughingstock of the league. Well sort of, but nobodies paying much attention to the stains lately.

Regards

..... an'at

Even Chuck sees it. :D

Guys, stop with 'the finger talk'. BQ dispelled that as bullshit in his postgame interview (which has, curiously, not yet been posted to the Browns Website yet).

He wasn't pulled because he was injnured; he was pulled because of 'performance' - something you EXPECT from a QB getting his first starts.

Kind of a double standard since Edwards is as bad as I've ever seen a single receiver be, yet he stays in the game (AND gets another 8 passes thrown to him).

Actually almost every game this year coach fatass should have benched DA at some point and tried to spark the team with bq but he didnt i cant wait for crennel to be fired or if he is smart just retire..

BE needs a coach that will tell him put out or get out we could be giving sanders a shot to see if he wants to play or go again our organization sucks its a bad joke from top to bottom...

Gips is right. What the hell? Crennel pulled Quinn because he felt the offense "needed a spark" ???

But through preseason and all those games of pitiful qb play, Crennel didn't think the offense needed any spark then?

The offensive line, specifically the center, and RT and RG... Hadnot and Shaffer, did NOT do their job.

Edwards didn't do his job, either. It's finally time to admit, that this coaching staff has lost the team. That's how they play. Lost.

And they seem to play po'd at the players who don't give a crap to try, like Edwards.

And maybe it's time to can the 3-4 defense, even though Rodgers is outstanding, albeit a big guy who needs a rest once in a while.

So now you expected Quinn to suck?

My how things change...

No you fucking dipshit.

I EXPECTED Derek Anderson to not suck after 25+ games.

I EXPECTED Anderson to have bad outings for his first few games. I ALSO expected Quinn to have bad outings just as I expected Charlie Frye, and every other NEW QB who comes into the league to struggle.

I expect you to not be such a dumbass, but that's basically impossible for you.

You're right. Nothing's changed. Please set yourself on fire.

You're right. Nothing's changed. Please set yourself on fire.

No, I didn't say "nothing's changed". I said "my how things change"

Remember, Quinn was supposed to be this polished QB who was accurate with short passes, who was a great leader and who made the players around him better and had a year and a half to learn the speed of the NFL game.

So what happened to that?

Tell that to Romeo.

For every game from here on out that Romeo remains the coach, the fans will disconnect further and further with this regime and ownership.

Not only does Romeo need to be fired, but Lerner needs to sell the team, and Savagina also needs to be fired.

You have to hold people accountable. 4 years and no improvement is FAILURE.

I agree on all counts...

Remember, Quinn was supposed to be this polished QB who was accurate with short passes, who was a great leader and who made the players around him better and had a year and a half to learn the speed of the NFL game.

I'm not even going to TRY to argue semantics with you. You're so fucking Retarded you won't understand how you question incited my response.

Once again, set yourself on fire. Please.

I really hope you didn't actually have a kid; the world doesn't need more dumbasses running around in it.

I believe pulling him was actually the right thing to do. It was a chance to give the offense a spark.

No it wasn't the right thing to do. You're 4-6, losing at home. You need to see what Quinn can do for the rest of these games. All RAC did was show he has no idea WTF he is doing. You don't yank the kid when all season DA has sucked and never got pulled.

Stupid decision. If he did not yank DA during his putrid performances he should not have yanked Quinn during his.

Made absolutely no sense. Quinn sucked ass again. No question. But until you know what you have you let him play through it.

How do we know if he is the QB of the future if we don't play him?

Seems to me you should be wondering what happened to DA's arm winning games for the Browns.

We would not be seeing Quinn if DA was not such fooking choke artist. Your boy is to blame for his own benching, nobody else.

Archived