THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Haden's nickname

Browns

If he were to hit receivers and ball carriers like we would like him to his nickname could be "Joltin' Joe".....but that one has already been taken.

Or, how about taking a clue from Stuart Scott and call him "Haderade"

But, I think the player that needs a nickname more is our last pick Clifton Geathers. His uncle was "Jumpy" ...and based on Mangini's statement about him "Jumpin" on a 130 pound punter, he has a bit of jumpiness in him. But we can't give him the same name.

Since he seems kind of like a bull in a china shop, how about "Toro" for Geathers?

Bottom line is that I'm not a fan of nicknames other than a simple shortening of the name or something similar, especially when the name is long or difficult..."Z" is a good example.

Mike

They just said on the Browns Report that his nickname is Mighty Mouse...

...kinda lame but there u have it.

I guess some of the guys did call him that....it wasn't a name they called him all the time.

Mighty Mouse is a pretty common name for a small man who plays big.

My son Chris might be 5' 6", but was all state in baseball 2 years in a row in H.S. and got a nice college scholarship in Alabama....his nick name was "sawed off"....partly because he was short, and partly because he was like a sawed off shotgun.....don't let the size fool you.

I guess some of the guys did call him that....it wasn't a name they called him all the time.

Mighty Mouse is a pretty common name for a small man who plays big.

My son Chris might be 5' 6", but was all state in baseball 2 years in a row in H.S. and got a nice college scholarship in Alabama....his nick name was "sawed off"....partly because he was short, and partly because he was like a sawed off shotgun.....don't let the size fool you.

Another 5'6" player (major league) with a cool nickname---------- Walt "No Kneck" Williams.

Archived