THE BROWNS BOARD

Jason Donald

Chris.

A solid defender who can move around the infield and hit for average with 15-20 homer and 15-20 steal potential.

Does that interest anyone?

Donald is batting .333 (.938 OPS) with 2 homers and 6 steals so far in Columbus.

Valbuena is hitting below .200 and Grudz isn't doing anything. I think it's time to make the change. Should be coming soon enough.

More from Columbus...

Santana is still mashing the ball.

Brantley is hitting .300 since being called down and isn't striking out. Good start.

Hector Ambriz (rule 5 pickup) has been dominant in his 8 innings out of the pen. 8 IP, 15 K, 1 BB, 1.12 ERA. So long Jamey Wright?

Carlos Carrasco and Yohan Pino (Pavano trade) have been solid. Rondon and Jeanmar Gomez have not.

Put grudz down and bring donald up.

At this poit in Grudzalanick's career, it would be more wise to release him. It would be seen as a slap in the face to send a veteran like him down. The Indians brass would do better to cut him free and see if he can catch on somehwere else. I still think Valbuena will get sent down. We all knew before the season started that he wasn't the answer at second.

Technically Shapiro should be fired if he's not up.

Once the service clock date is past, I'm sure we'll see Donald and Santana (and Brantley) in Cleveland. Unfortunately it's starting to look like last year where the team keeps finding new ways to lose. And I definitely didn't give the Twins enough credit, I doubt they have much trouble running away with the division.

Oh, how I long for the days of Santana and Chisenhall. And a good LaPorta. That would be nice, too.

I'll admit I kind of liked Valbuena coming into the season but I was horribly wrong. I overated his defense and I thought he would at least get on base.

I was dead wrong.

I also didn't know Donald would start this well.

It's kind of nice knowing our weakest two positions are 2nd and catcher and a couple of our best AAA players play those positions. The question is, why are they still in AAA?

It's kind of nice knowing our weakest two positions are 2nd and catcher and a couple of our best AAA players play those positions.

Could it be that Shapiro has a plan? And knows what he's doing?

Unfortunately it's harder to support him when he traded Franklin Gutierrez to GET the guy holding us back at second. Ah well.

The question is, why are they still in AAA?

Because MLB is ridiculous. We'll see Santana in June along with Strasburg and all the other big time prospects.

Archived