THE BROWNS BOARD

So Who Starts Next Week?

irishlass

Granted, they both looked awful, but do you give up on BQ so quickly? Watching the post-game interview, BQ is assuming DOA will be the starter.

Do we spend the rest of the wasted season cultivating BQ, or go back to biz as usual with an inept DA?

Also, if RAC does go with DOA, can we assume he knows he's on his way out?

I hope BA ! next week is versus Indianapolis ... we are going to be humiliated and i dont want BQ to lose his confidence or get sacked. Let us give BA a chance to see if he can repeat what he did versus the Giants ... It will give us a good leverage when we trade him. The bigger trouble is ... can we get a trade for BE ?

I think the coaching staff already know what they have in DA good and Bad. BQ probably will start because they are looking at nest year now and 3 games are not enough.

BQ is not living up to shep and bq boosters high efficiency predictions at this point and is throwing bad passes under pressure and some inaccurate throws. He did not win last week considering he threw NO tds and threw picks and a very DA like comp rating.

Hopefully he learns under game pressure and gets better for the last 5 games.....

It does not help our running game is again suffering and obviously defensively we have problems not to mention we only have ONE consistent skill player in Winslow. These are the same things that DA had to deal with so assuming that BQ is more accurate yet putting up similar comp numbers maybe DA is not as inefficient as some think.

God Sev, give it up. You are coming off as borderline ecstastic that Quinn had a bad game. Also, your defending of DA based on one pass he threw is pathetic. DA sucked too.

Anderson throws the ball toward the end zone, Quinn doesn't. If Braylon would have caught this pass from DA the Browns would have been in good position to win.

1227491720.jpg

At the risk of trying to have a conversation with you...

DA threw a great pass. That should have been caught for a TD. Period. Great ball.

DA also....

- didn't have enough athleticism to execute a sprint draw resulting in a fumble

- didn't have enough athleticism to sidestep pressure and instead threw a horrid pass behind Wright resulting in a pick

Bottom line however, and this is ultimately a bottom line game, he fared no better than the guy he replaced.

Im not ecstatic greythan thats just your perception not my reality. The reality is the Hype and bq booster projections are not matching. Currently The system either qb is playing in is obviously the REAL causal factor in either production.

DA haters dont have anywhere to go now because the "high efficient" Quinn is bombing because of the same factors and not only bombing but posted a worse QB rating than even DA. Its three games we need more time because obviously this is all about next year now. Looking at BQ small sample against crappy defenses now that he has to face similar defenses DA did in the first half does not look very promising for BQ or the team.

No one enjoys watching a debacle, I still blame our lack consistent rushing, lack of skill players outside of KW, predictable play calling on our offensive side. Quinn is not a aggressive down field kind of qb and seems to prefer more efficient reads. Unfortunately outside of KW he has no one else to rely on. Pretty much the same thing as DA.

Now that DA is can not be the lightning rod for the blame and the much fan desired BQ is actually playing worse with more skill players against weaker teams this will exponentially cast blame on RAC and Savage.

Sev, can you really not see the difference between a guy with 4 years of NFL experience and ~25 starts versus a guy in his second year starting his third game? Don't you find it troubling in your support of DA that he came in and had the same results as the "hyped" QB you hate so much? Don't you, as a self-styled intellectual, find it ironic that you are casting assumptions about Quinn's abilities based on such a small sample size?

Im not ecstatic greythan thats just your perception not my reality. The reality is the Hype and bq booster projections are not matching. Currently The system either qb is playing in is obviously the REAL causal factor in either production.

DA haters dont have anywhere to go now because the "high efficient" Quinn is bombing because of the same factors and not only bombing but posted a worse QB rating than even DA. Its three games we need more time because obviously this is all about next year now. Looking at BQ small sample against crappy defenses now that he has to face similar defenses DA did in the first half does not look very promising for BQ or the team.

No one enjoys watching a debacle, I still blame our lack consistent rushing, lack of skill players outside of KW, predictable play calling on our offensive side. Quinn is not a aggressive down field kind of qb and seems to prefer more efficient reads. Unfortunately outside of KW he has no one else to rely on. Pretty much the same thing as DA.

Now that DA is can not be the lightning rod for the blame and the much fan desired BQ is actually playing worse with more skill players against weaker teams this will exponentially cast blame on RAC and Savage.

Hey Sev...DA had the lower of the two QBR's yesterday...22.1 to 17.3....so you missed on that one.

Also....DA is a 2nd yr starter...BQ should be compared to DA's 2006 season starts.

3rd...BQ actually had an injury as a PARTIAL excuse....DA had what? A cold? A brain fart? His usual game?

Listen...I was HAPPY when they brought DA in off the bench. I was roundly booed at my Browns Backers game for saying it was the RIGHT move....but DA crapped the bed. Sure, BE dropped a TD pass...but he also dropped at least 2 key passes by BQ...and K2 dropped at least one by BQ....and BE was at least PARTIALLY at fault for the second INT has he failed to maintain position on the pass...on a SMALLER guy.

As for Quinn not being agressive....sorry but you blew it there. He had SEVERAL long passes yesterday...and some of them were actually CAUGHT.

42 yd to BE (3:34 2nd Q)

deep to BE on next play

deep to Stallworth (14:08 3rd Q)

so he took 3 shots downfield in less than 3 quarters of the game....that is plenty.

As for the blame thing...sure...it is going to fall more on RAC and the other players. Part of the problem with your comments and the comments of ONB and lummy is the fact that those of us calling for BQ did so in order to SEE IF IT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!! Not because we KNEW it would...but because we NEEDED TO KNOW what we have in BQ before the season ends so the Browns could make an educated decision as to keeping DA/BQ, trading DA/BQ, or going out and drafting a NEW QB.

So, this is not about being a BQ fag...or whatever...it was SEEING that DA wasn't getting it done for whatever reason...and WONDERING if BQ could be the spark/catalyst that got the Browns over the top. Now, with the BE and company still shitting the bed...it is easier to see that DA may in fact deserve a second chance...but it is also a difficult position as we may need the picks from a trade to get the WR we need to replace BE.

Now, with the BE and company still shitting the bed...it is easier to see that DA may in fact deserve a second chance...but it is also a difficult position as we may need the picks from a trade to get the WR we need to replace BE.

Too gracious.

Look at it through this lens.

At the QB position we have a deposed starter in DA and a third time starter in Quinn. Neither played well. How does that reflect on DA's potential as the long term starter? It doesn't. All it tells us is that he can play on par with a 3rd time starter. We know who/what DA is. We have 3 games of evidence with Quinn and its been up and down. (Shocker)

All the other problems (namely BE and playcalling) from yesterday plagued both QB's. If BE catches the ball on his hip, we are 1st and 10/goal. If BE catches the beautiful ball from DA its six. If Chud had noticed that his feature back was averaging 5.6 a pop and stuck with it against a defense with AWFUL stats.....

The beat goes on.

Its questionable what evaluation value we can get under RAC's regime. Seriously. How did this staff let BE turn into Chuck Knoblauch? Unreal.

Granted, they both looked awful, but do you give up on BQ so quickly? Watching the post-game interview, BQ is assuming DOA will be the starter.

Do we spend the rest of the wasted season cultivating BQ, or go back to biz as usual with an inept DA?

Also, if RAC does go with DOA, can we assume he knows he's on his way out?

Quinn will start next week.

"At the QB position we have a deposed starter in DA and a third time starter in Quinn. Neither played well. How does that reflect on DA's potential as the long term starter? It doesn't. All it tells us is that he can play on par with a 3rd time starter. We know who/what DA is. We have 3 games of evidence with Quinn and its been up and down. (Shocker)"

he came in in the 4th and Dawg his qb rating as a GAME STARTER not down 10 in the 4th. DA on par with a 3 time starter because of coming in on obvious passing situtations and the FACT that his TD strike was dropped greatly affecting his "ability to play on par" with a 3rd time starter one who has not thown a TD in 2 games against average to sub par defenses.

Greythan did you not read this in my post:

"Currently The system either qb is playing in is obviously the REAL causal factor in either production."

or even this:

"Quinn is bombing because of the same factors and not only bombing but posted a worse QB rating than even DA. Its three games we need more time because obviously this is all about next year now. Looking at BQ small sample against crappy defenses now that he has to face similar defenses DA did in the first half does not look very promising for BQ or the team."

your sarcastic innuendo of self stylized intellectual is noted, I understand you dont obviously agree with my positions.

Did you forget this part of my post which has been a constant theme in my supposed "defense of DA"

"No one enjoys watching a debacle, I still blame our lack consistent rushing, lack of skill players outside of KW, predictable play calling on our offensive side"

Remember you were accusing me of covering for DA and asking whaT DA should be responsible for and many others talking about DA's comp rating and QB rating is terrible and its him not the team that has the flaws.

Evidently even with BQ which I think is more conservative and efficient that DA his comp ratings and QB ratings are suffering from obvious (imo) other factors. The "qoutient" of change is seemingly actually making us offensively worse than with DA at this point against weaker defenses.

I think the last two games teams watched film on BQ and his quick small throws and are playing tight pressure and bump and run in order to throw off his timing and challenging him to throw mid to deep. Unfortunately that is not his game and our skill players outside of Winslow are not consistent enough so defenses are able to load up to stop the run and blitz.

With DA teams had to respect his almost reckless gunslinger mentality and downfield accuracy but he was lacking a true number 2 reciever to relieve pressure from doubling winslow and edwards. Lack of rushing also put more stress on the passing game which coupled with obvious playcalling was his downfall (and some key drops from BE and company).

We will see if the same formula from the last two games against Quinn will stay the same and if he adjusts. He has to be able to throw midrange accurate strikes to relieve this tight /bump pressure or secondary defensive schemes will continue to bog down our entire offense.

At the risk of trying to have a conversation with you...

DA threw a great pass. That should have been caught for a TD. Period. Great ball.

DA also....

- didn't have enough athleticism to execute a sprint draw resulting in a fumble

- didn't have enough athleticism to sidestep pressure and instead threw a horrid pass behind Wright resulting in a pick

Bottom line however, and this is ultimately a bottom line game, he fared no better than the guy he replaced.

The bottom line is the guy DA replaced only has 3 pro games under his belt whats DAs excuse for sucking with 24 nfl starts?

Besides edwards who is killing this team with drops and an organization who wont bench or trade him at any level..

Sev...how about we compare DA's 3rd start with BQ's 3rd start? Wanna play that game?

DA 10/27, 123 yds, 0 TD's, 4 INT's, QBR 12.3

BQ 8/18, 94 yds, 0 TD's, 2 INT's, QBR 21.3

both got pulled....and both did it against a crap team....so if DA earned a shot at starting even after that piece of crap performance then BQ has DEFINITELY earned another shot or two....especially considering he WAS injured and he IS a 1st round draft choice.

Enough said.

Are there other things about this team that have to change, get corrected? Yes, but even though DA should get some benefit of the doubt....BQ needs to finish the season as starter so the team can get enough info on him to determine if HE is the answer or we need to move on.

Funny thing about BQ struggling....it actually may HELP the Browns in the long run. Some teams are going to look at this and say the same thing as lummy, sev and ONB are saying....that it was the SURROUNDING CAST that made DA look bad...and they may actually willing to part with MORE to get him in a trade.

Anderson throws the ball toward the end zone, Quinn doesn't. If Braylon would have caught this pass from DA the Browns would have been in good position to win.

1227491720.jpg

Are you serious? You are justifying an incomplete pass as the reason one QB needs to start over the other? :blink:

You had zero credibility before, now it's negative.

Sev,

My point is your use of Quinn's failure as some form of justification for DA is flawed. Quinn's a 3rd time starter and he played poorly. A seasoned QB, a ProBowl QB, should have gotten more from the team yesterday. At least, that should be the expectation. After all, if a guy starting his third game is as good as a Pro Bowl starter on his worst day....

So, what we know is that DA did about the same as Quinn on a day where both looked bad. That's vindication for DA how?

For Quinn, he remains largely an unknown. More known that three weeks ago, but hardly the body of work necessary to have a decent read on his ceiling.

As for the non-existant running game you reference, that wasn't the case yesterday. The staff simply decided to abandon the run for some reason.

Exactly.

So why is Quinn playing?

Well, seeing as how the pro-bowl QB actually had a LOWER rating than the 3 game starter...I think that question is answered. And before you go saying how he was in a pass only situation...he took over at the end of the 3rd Q and turned the ball over 2x...so quit whining!!! A GOOD QB would have at least done SOMETHING!

Exactly.

So why is Quinn playing?

You've really lost a step. You're not only boring but dense.

Your phone call to RAC yesterday obviously got through and he inserted DA at your bidding. (You know, DA being a Pro Bowler and all.)

DA proceeded to post a lower passer rating than the guy he replaced.

That's why Quinn is playing.

You are getting good at answering your own questions at least. Must be hard having all those voices in your head at once.

DA proceeded to post a lower passer rating than the guy he replaced.

That's why Quinn is playing.

Deny it all you want but you know that if Anderson had gotten snaps in practice and started the game then the Browns would have won.

This is after all a team that Anderson beat last year 27-17.

the kid has played 3 pro games. give him a break. ask any pro what the difference is between division one and pros and they will tell you the speed of the game. it takes time. hes gonna make mistakes. whats da's excuse for playing like crap. after 20 something starts he should know the game by now.

Deny it all you want but you know that if Anderson had gotten snaps in practice and started the game then the Browns would have won.

Snaps in practice? The guy's had a year+ worth of snaps with the guys on the field. You're pulling the rusty card after a couple of weeks? Seriously? That's your excuse?

Did you actually watch him stumbling around back there before he rocketed the ball of Wright's back side? Did you actually watch his painfull attempt to get the ball to Lewis? Did you see him throw the laser on a short in to BE?

Oh, and as we know, starting DA against an inferior team is a recipe for a guaranteed victory. Sorta like last year's Cincy game? Maybe Oakland earlier in that year?

I will say this. DA came in throwing some good looking passes yesterday. The guy throws a great looking ball.

However, the results are what they are. His lack of athleticism really hurts him. (Fumble because he couldn't get there and his awful footwork on the INT.) His horrendous short passing (too hard and too often off target) really hurt him. And finally, when things don't go perfectly (i.e., BE's dropped TD), DA goes down with the ship.

We need more from the QB position than what DA brings. If yesterday turns out to be a common outcome with Quinn, then we're back in the market for a QB. Nothing has changed: a 3rd time starter struggled and the guy he replaced struggled in relief. Result? See more Quinn because we already know DA.

Did you see him throw the laser on a short in to BE?

You mean the one that bounced off of Braylon's hands?

Spare me BQ Luver. You've been in here pounding the O-line for not picking up the blitz when BQ plays and excusing his lame ducks that he throws up because of the blitz.

Then Anderson gets an unblocked blitzer up the middle, puts one on the money to the hot receiver, and you bitch because you think he threw it too hard.

Gay.

Up until midway through this season, I was a DA supporter as well. But, Lum, deep in your heart....you have to know that DA is not a franchise QB and never will be. He's had enough time to prove that. Is BQ? Don't know. Do I hope he is? Absolultely. Because that means we waisted a draft pick and it will be another setback in that position.

I was hoping DA would come in yesterdays game and light a fire under the offenses ass. But it turned out to be more of the same.

You mean the one that bounced off of Braylon's hands?

Spare me BQ Luver. You've been in here pounding the O-line for not picking up the blitz when BQ plays and excusing his lame ducks that he throws up because of the blitz.

Then Anderson gets an unblocked blitzer up the middle, puts one on the money to the hot receiver, and you bitch because you think he threw it too hard.

Gay.

Wrong play. This was the one that Edwards knocked down with one hand because it was too far in front of him to get 2 on. It was a 3 step drop and DA had time to deliver the ball.

Also, no need to get hostile. You're awfully fragile.

Archived