3 ... 29 ... Shawn. Lauvao G

5 ... 29 ...

6 ... 8 ...

6 ... 17 ...

GO BROWNS!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am hoping Jacoby Ford will drop to us in the 5th but cant see it, as he seems the only player left that has what Holmgren quoted he was looking for

“I would like to look for some real speed guys if we can find them. I mean fast, fast guys, not track guys, but guys who play football and can really run.”

Ford maybe a track guy, but seems to have made the transition well, so hopefully he is still there.

I read where the squeelers covet Jacoby Ford. We'd have to move back up into the fourth round, I think.

But, Mangini and Homgren and Heckert and co. probably know

a little small school wr just like him.

Right now this looks like a terrible draft for the Browns. With the exception of the value they got in Colt McCoy every selection was either a reach or a head scratcher or both! I hope that our picks end up being superstars for us but right now I am very disappointed. I had more faith in the new regime. They botched this draft up just as bad as the last regime.

Giving up 2 5th round picks to jump up and take (Who?) that's what most of us said. A running back that is a change of pace back. So who is gone now Davis or Harrison. Oh and we have Vickers and Hillis and Jennings too. Again WTF? Why not take a DT here and not have to trade up and lose 2 picks.

And Ward a big reach and with Taylor Mays still sitting out there! WTF? And the guy is injury prone. This pick sucked!

And then again with Bruce Campbell OT on the board we pick a guard rated lower. Again WTF!!!

And yes I will say it. Even the Hayden pick at 7 was a stretch. If they could have traded down 5 to 10 slots they would have still had Hayden or somebody as good and an extra pick.

Thank you for drafting McCoy so this draft wasn't a complete F for failure.

I read where the squeelers covet Jacoby Ford. We'd have to move back up into the fourth round, I think.

But, Mangini and Homgren and Heckert and co. probably know

a little small school wr just like him.

Very true, would probably just be better addressing other spots than need filling (defensive line positions) and get 2 or 3 speed receivers to come in as non drafted tryouts, and if comes to it next year use no 1 pick overall on best available receiver if we are still having some issues with that position, as from what I see so far the rest of the team is starting to look pretty solid and strong.

I know that Freddie Barnes does not fit the mold of a speed receiver but I think he is somebody that we can actually get and could be the best receiver on the board when we pick in the fifth. He put up huge numbers in college.

Cleveland Browns

2010 Draft Board

Round Pick # Player Pos.

1 ... 7 ... Joe. Haden CB

2 ... 6 ... T.J.. Ward S

2 ... 27 ... Montario. Hardesty RB

3 ... 22 ... Colt. McCoy QB

3 ... 29 ... Shawn. Lauvao G

5 ... 29 ...

6 ... 8 ...

6 ... 17 ...

GO BROWNS!

Which if you are counting down and wondering how far away we might be, those are picks 160, 177,186

Which if you are counting down and wondering how far away we might be, those are picks 160, 177,186

Yes a long way away to get someone who you would be expecting to produce rather that someone who you hope you get lucky with

Right now this looks like a terrible draft for the Browns. With the exception of the value they got in Colt McCoy every selection was either a reach or a head scratcher or both! I hope that our picks end up being superstars for us but right now I am very disappointed. I had more faith in the new regime. They botched this draft up just as bad as the last regime.

Giving up 2 5th round picks to jump up and take (Who?) that's what most of us said. A running back that is a change of pace back. So who is gone now Davis or Harrison. Oh and we have Vickers and Hillis and Jennings too. Again WTF? Why not take a DT here and not have to trade up and lose 2 picks.

And Ward a big reach and with Taylor Mays still sitting out there! WTF? And the guy is injury prone. This pick sucked!

And then again with Bruce Campbell OT on the board we pick a guard rated lower. Again WTF!!!

And yes I will say it. Even the Hayden pick at 7 was a stretch. If they could have traded down 5 to 10 slots they would have still had Hayden or somebody as good and an extra pick.

I guess i will defer to the team at this point.

Just because they didn't draft anywhere close to what you thought should be doesn't make it a failure.

Who knows, maybe it is better we didn't draft the way you thought.

I myself like the Hardesty pick.

I guess i will defer to the team at this point.

Just because they didn't draft anywhere close to what you thought should be doesn't make it a failure.

Who knows, maybe it is better we didn't draft the way you thought.

I myself like the Hardesty pick.

Ballpeen, I think everyone likes the Hardesty pick, just seems we gave up picks which we probably didn't have to get him, those extra two picks in the 5th would look pretty good in an hour or two.

Ballpeen, I think everyone likes the Hardesty pick, just seems we gave up picks which we probably didn't have to get him, those extra two picks in the 5th would look pretty good in an hour or two.

Thank you very much! ridiculous! The only way he would have been gone was if Seattle wanted him. And as I said I hope they all end up being great but I think if this was the draft under the old regime everyone would be complaining. But now with very questionable decisions everybody is to busy choking on the koolaid that they have been drinking!

I just like to keep things real. And if we are being real right now this draft looks like crap.

We really need speed and hands at WR or how about a big great handed TE? There is still a good amount of talent on the board if heckert and his scouts have done their end draft homework...;)

Homework? I'm not sure that they weren't just pulling names out of a hat the whole draft.

Thank you very much! ridiculous! The only way he would have been gone was if Seattle wanted him. And as I said I hope they all end up being great but I think if this was the draft under the old regime everyone would be complaining. But now with very questionable decisions everybody is to busy choking on the koolaid that they have been drinking!

I just like to keep things real. And if we are being real right now this draft looks like crap.

Please enlighten us, who wouldn't have been a reach @# 7 ?...Thomas?, Spiller?

This was a 4 player top 10...everyone else could be considered a reach...we filled a need

I couldn't agree with this more. I feel like an injury prone safety who was a 3-4 round projection with an early pick in the second is very questionable. And personally I think we have some potential at RB and I wouldn't have given up 2 picks to move up and take Hardesty when we have so many other holes to fill .... Hardesty and Ward aren't terrible picks as much as they just could have been been had with our third rounders. That second rounder could have been Taylor Mayes, or Golden Tate and we could have still gotten Ward and Hardesty in the third ... especially if we could have picked up another third if we traded back a few spots in the first to grab Hayden (who I love but I agree he could have been had 5 picks later) I have a gut feeling we just didnt have a trading partner in the first. I wouldn't say the draft is a total failure ... I do feel very lukewarm about it though.

McCoy was great value where we got him, and I hope we can score Myron Rolle with our first pick on Day 3 as I think he would be a great value pick. We will see though. I would have liked to see Lagarrete Blunt too, but that won't happen now with the Hardesty pick obviosly

I am happy someone had the balls to call this draft out so Kudos to you brother. Obviously I hope we are both wrong and all these guys pan out, but its not looking good. And Holmgrams draft history doesnt help me rest easy

Lets see, HADEN THEBEST CB IN THE DRAFT

You wanted Mays who is way overrated, Ward a little reach but is better than Mays

Oh and that running back that you have no clue about is a monster!!!! Tenn had no o-line and no QB and still was a monster in the SEC

Colt- Great Pick

O-linemen is wait and see....you never know about the o-line....

Just because we didnt get thesexy picks everybody likes does not mean is was a bad draft....

Let me guess you wanted the Browns to take

The Browns tryed to trade down, but its not as easy as you think. Sorry the Browns did not get Suh,Spiller,Clauson, Tate, Brante I guess then it would have been a great draft

Whining already? Pitiful.

We got a probable All-pro blue chippie cb, a safety who admires the play of Jack Tatum and Pollymoomoo and cleans

wr's clocks in a New York tenth of a second, a rb that kicks ass and is big and FAST and an excellent receiver, and a

big OG who played all along the offensive line and never missed a game and is powerful, durable, smart and kicks ass...

and anybody thinks that's a bad draft?

THEN you add the tense, sweating it out and you nab one of the greatest winningest qb's in college history, who is

smart, very mobile, can make all the throws, completed 70% of his passes in college, and LOVES football, like the rest of the draft picks?

and all high character guys?

Give it up - the Browns FINALLY have the coaches and F.O. in place who KNOW what they are doing, and they have

built winners before.

I'm with the Browns. I'm not with whiners. I love the picks.

Well that is our Secondary taken care of, CB,FS,SS Asante was projected as a 2-3 rd pick so this is a good pickup here and finishes off what I think this draft was all about for our FO, hopefully with our last two 6th picks will be WR or DE's

Archived