THE BROWNS BOARD

Montario Hardesty

Mr. T

What I remember of him back in hs is that he punished our defense, I dont think I ever have seen a RB put more guys on the bench in one game before. He put a hurting on them. seperated shoulders, some of the boys just got ran over.

Reminds me a bit of Eddie George.

I get the feeling that the new Browns brass ain't that comfortable with Harrison.

I think someone from the Browns said that they wanted to find someone to split carries with Harrison.

I don't like the value of the pick at all, but I like the guy, so hopefully that is in their plans since I like Harrison a lot.

Looks like we won't be getting McCoy, I wish we got Clausen in the 2nd though. I watched his highlights and they were much more impressive than McCoy's, he seemed like a much more traditional QB than McCoy.

HARDESTY is the REAL DEAL! He's played in the SEC and has been the highlight of the Tennessee Vols this year. HE CARRIED THEM to the Chick-Fil-A this year...(A game in which the shitty Crompton killed them in) I'm NOT a UT fan but I have to tell you with the highest praise that HE WILL HELP and maybe even CONTEND for the starter spot!!!!! THIS GUY IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER! YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED!

Damn I hate that video!

I hate all people from Tennessee.

This guy could turn into the next Emmit Smith/Jim Brown/ Marshall Faulk combination and you will still hate him and not want him on the team because he went to Tennessee..

I love him already...

This guy could turn into the next Emmit Smith/Jim Brown/ Marshall Faulk combination and you will still hate him and not want him on the team because he went to Tennessee..

I love him already...

If he turns into a Jim Brown type person I'll love him.

let me start off by saying that I am a big vols fan as well as a big browns fan and I couldnt be happier with this pick. I tend to agree that trading up probably wasnt the best move, he might of fallen to us anyway but man do I love montario hardesty. I genuinely feel like he was the most underrated rb's of this class. I have watched his entire career with the vols and the first thing you will notice with him is he runs HARD. He fires into the gaps and is a hard nose runner, never quits until the whistle is blown, he goes 100% every play and is a joy to watch. He has one of the best spin moves I have ever seen, and even on plays where he is met at the line of scrimmage, his power and momentum will carry his body for a 2-3 yard gain. He is the opposite of jamal lewis in that he doesnt tip toe around, he makes a choice and fires into it. I kno what jersey I will be purchasing, GREAT PICK.

He is the Mack to Harrison's Byner.

Zombo

--we're going to pound people. Even our QBs are tough.

Yeah, that would be great. I like this pick!!!

Reminds me a bit of Eddie George.

I get the feeling that the new Browns brass ain't that comfortable with Harrison.

Stan,

I think they're not comfortable with Harrison . . . getting 30 carries a game for 16 games. He carried quite a workload the last four games of the season and there's no way he would keep that up from September on. Getting Hardesty keeps everyone's legs fresh, especially when you throw Hillis and maybe Davis into that mix.

If I'm Lawrence Vickers, I'm literally foaming at the mouth hoping we run the ball 80 times a game. What a line, what a stable of backs. There's nothing like pounding on teams and playing keep away.

I hate this pick. A striaght ahead runner who runs too high.

This team needs to fill so many holes. RB was not one of them. Especially after picking up Hillis from Denver.

Harrison, Davis, Hillis and we draft another RB? Makes no sense to me at all.

Morgan Burnett was there, as was Pat Angerer. Two guys that would've helped much more than yet another RB.

I love Burnette. A big Safety that can play either Free or Strong.

I hate this pick. A striaght ahead runner who runs too high.

This team needs to fill so many holes. RB was not one of them. Especially after picking up Hillis from Denver.

Harrison, Davis, Hillis and we draft another RB? Makes no sense to me at all.

Morgan Burnett was there, as was Pat Angerer. Two guys that would've helped much more than yet another RB.

I love Burnette. A big Safety that can play either Free or Strong.

I like Hardesty but I agree with you there, would have rather had Burnett. We could of still picked up Dixon, Dwyer, still can get Blount or we could've traded a 5th for Lendale White or Leon Washington.

I like Hardesty but I agree with you there, would have rather had Burnett. We could of still picked up Dixon, Dwyer, still can get Blount or we could've traded a 5th for Lendale White or Leon Washington.

Thanks....I think you are right on!!

As I sat there today when Hardesty was chosen my jaw dropped. Really? Another RB? With so many on the board yet?

There were no more RB's left on the board in the class of Hardesty, and he would not have lasted until our 71st pick. After Hardesty, there were no RB's taken in Rd 3, only one (McKnight) picked in the middle of Rd 4, and no RB's selected in Rd 5. Trading up for Hardesty was a good move.

There were no more RB's left on the board in the class of Hardesty, and he would not have lasted until our 71st pick. After Hardesty, there were no RB's taken in Rd 3, only one (McKnight) picked in the middle of Rd 4, and no RB's selected in Rd 5. Trading up for Hardesty was a good move.

Sure, if Rb was a bigger need than Safety, or ILB or WR or DT/DE.

Harrison Hillis and Davis are all young, capable RB's.

The Browns starting tackles are over 30 and the starting NG is now in trouble with the law. Fujita, Bowen and Barton are 30 years old and older and The safeties are terribly below average. one of your ILB's is coming off a season in which he was out all year.

Yet we take a RB? I think it's almost shocking

Archived