THE BROWNS BOARD

The 5 Tiers of Education

VaporTrail

I played out with Mule a couple times in Denver and once in KC. My brother in law was the drummer. A time I played out with them one of my favorite bands of all time opened up, Urge Overkill. The first time I think I was star struck. Nash Kato looks just like Christoper Walken. He was just born to be a rock star, you can tell.

Weirdest rule my brother gave me to play out. No blue jeans, that was it. lol. Weird because every time all 3 of them would show up in jeans. Some bullshit right of passage. So one time I showed up in bright pink parachutte pants. He said, they are not blue jeans your fine.

Steve Albini recorded a couple of Mule's albums. One album right after he recorded Meantime by Helmet. Then the next year he recorded Wrung by Mule, 2 months after he recorded In Utero by Nirvana (my favorite album of all time). My brother's style is exact to Dave Grohl's. My favorite song of all time, sounds like my brother was the drummer in this song.

Here is a sample of their music. A lot of my stuff sounds pretty similar to them, huge influence. I haven't played seriously in years, still just mess around. Play drums, bass and guitar, just me, lol. Band name, The Mic Hawks.

Nice, I started out studying as a civvy, now I'm a physics major and I intend to go to med school.

Also, here's some original stuff I've done w/ my roommate (lead singer in the video)

http://www.garageband.com/artist/bk87/songs

Good recording, nice playing. Not my cup of tea, but it's still of good quality, nice work.

Heh, we recorded the Garden when we had a long weekend. We wanted to write a song that sounded kinda Pink Floyd-y, and I came up with the chord structure. We got drunk and had the whole thing written by the end of it. I did the bass, lyrics, and rhythm. He did the vocals, lead, and programmed the drums. I think that the song ended up a lot more Nirvana-ish (who I can't really stand) than Pink Floyd. As for the Circus of Values, we had played Bioshock, and there was this creepy ass thing that went WELCOME TO THE CIRCUS OF VALUES, and we based the song on that. I did the lyrics and bass to that song, he pretty much did the rest.

His influences lie in numetal type stuff and hard rock, A7X, A perfect circle, etc... Mine lie in classic rock and progressive rock. I can't say I really like the harmonies he chose for the Garden, but other than that, I'd say we made some pretty interesting stuff. I'd like to record more w/ him over the summer.

Archived