THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler Bashing Thread ... and responses from Squeeler fans

WRREBEL

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So with the possibility of a Georgia prosecution official gone and only a civil lawsuit in Nevada remaining, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can exhale and focus only on playing football and not barhopping, right?

Maybe not.

Boston lawyer Harry Manion told WEEI's Dennis & Callahan Show on Tuesday that Manion was involved in an investigation regarding another Big Ben incident.

Said Manion: "[T]here is a history here this is just super troubling."

Manion specifically referred to an incident from 2009, also in Nevada. "Six months ago I was retained by a client of mine and a close friend to investigate allegations against Ben Roethlisberger in a Las Vegas nightclub that were absolutely identical to this Georgia girl's story," Manion said.

Manion believes that, if Roethlisberger ever is going to change his ways, the near miss in Georgia will be the impetus.

"Unless he's totally brain dead -- and we don't know -- he would be scared," Manion said. "Because he has really walked a perilous line here. There's a whole litany here, not only my experience, I have connected with several other people that have experience. And you know, there's only so far that he said/she said will get you. There's only so far that paying hush money will get you, if hush money is paid. And there's only so far that, 'Gee, we're celebrities, we have a target on our back,' will get you. When you see this much smoke, month after month and continuously . . . . It's the scene that he's gotten himself caught up with, and the belief that he can walk, and so far, so good. But it's hurting him. He's hurt. He has been damaged. And the next one, the wrath of God's going to come down on him, if there is a next one."

It's compelling stuff, and we agree with Manion's take. That said, the guy has a set of large brass ones to talk about allegations that never were pursued in criminal or civil court. A certain degree of immunity applies to statement made in conjunction with official legal proceedings. Manion has placed himself at risk for a defamation claim, especially by suggesting that there are incidents beyond the Vegas case that he personally handled.

Then again, the primary injury in a defamation case occurs to the reputation of the plaintiff. Like Pacman Jones threatening to sue ESPN in early 2009 after the network released more information about an alleged Atlanta strip club shooting from 2007, Jones would be able to prove no damage to the manner in which any potential untruths harmed his reputation because his reputation already was horrendous.

Ben faces the same challenge. Suing Manion or anyone else who claims that he has a more extensive history of Milledgeville-style encounters would expose Roethlisberger's entire sexual history and his broader reputation to scrutiny. As Roger Clemens has learned the hard way, nothing good comes from that approach -- especially if hanging in the closet next the devil-face T-shirt is a collection of skeletons.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...erger-incident/

Blaa Blaa ... Of course "Victims" will come popping out of the woodwork. Like Copycat serial Killers. Publicity brings out all the lier`s and piranha of society. Its like all the BS "Tips" that come out when a Kid is missing . Do you guys actually have a Bubble over NE Ohio ???

the prevailing opinion seems to be that ben's done in this town....people genuinely seem ready to lose before letting this jackass stay.

was talk about trade rumors....like: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/370295-...eattle-seahawks

also mentioned the rams are apparently willing to give up this years and next years firsts for his services.

he's losing more endorsements than tiger....the guy that markets big bens jerky said it makes him sick, and would rather leave money on the table rather than continue association with ben.

a suspension is likely....even the rooneys are willing to suspend him if goddell doesn't.

they played the audio from the boston lawyer. said that the circumstances, guarded bathroom and all, from the account of the georgia girl matched his clients account exactly. seems to be bens mo....to get chicks drunk and coerce them into sex.

the lawyer in tahoe is petitioning to admit the evidence in teh georgia case to his civil suit....

more to come at 6.....the pitt news cycle is flooded with ben stories. 4 of the reporters from WPXI are on all the leads.

bens so xxxxed...

they played the audio from the boston lawyer. said that the circumstances, guarded bathroom and all, from the account of the georgia girl matched his clients account exactly. seems to be bens mo....to get chicks drunk and coerce them into sex.

Well how convenient the circumstances are the exact same . And I have not defended Ben`s asinine behavior. But this is good old fashion Character assassination. A Mon Whore yes , a Rapist no freaking way.

Blaa Blaa ... Of course "Victims" will come popping out of the woodwork. Like Copycat serial Killers. Publicity brings out all the lier`s and piranha of society. Its like all the BS "Tips" that come out when a Kid is missing . Do you guys actually have a Bubble over NE Ohio ???

yeah...mike tyson never raped anyone either.

Well how convenient the circumstances are the exact same . And I have not defended Ben`s asinine behavior. But this is good old fashion Character assassination. A Mon Whore yes , a Rapist no freaking way.

LOL Steel, you think it's not documented BEFORE the GA case, lol? There these things called depositions, see lawyers use them to win money. Dude I thought you were smarter then that.

LOL Steel, you think it's not documented BEFORE the GA case, lol? There these things called depositions, see lawyers use them to win money. Dude I thought you were smarter then that.

So he says. Glory Hound. Twist and shout.

Its a good thing that Jim brown couldn't get it up all those years or he would of probably raped those woman once he got done beating the shit out of them.

Kosar for president mother being one of them. :lol: :lol:

It's awesome, any comment you make just adds more validity your team is a bunch of thugs and it's fans are the same! LOL, good stuff.

Hey ballhair, why do you keep saying "here in pit" when your apartment is on the east side of cleveland. Wishful thinking?

ha...im a land owner here in allegheny county son....i pay my taxes, and actually mow my lawn.

no, your mothers basement is not your property.

i remember about 2 years ago (way before any of these situations happened), tony rizzo and michael reghi had a conversation (on wknr) about ben's shady past at miami university (ohio). rizz is a miami u alum with alot of connections in the school and reghi has alot of connections down there as well and also does alot of play by play for their b-ball and football teams. they basically said there were a number of sexual harrassment/sexual assualt and a possible rape accusation that the school swept up under the rug.

money and fame doesn't make shady people better human beings, it makes them more arrogant.

not much new at 6....but its very apparent that the single chromosome neanderthals recently flooding the board are a minority. it doesn't seem to matter if its true or not.....even the allegations are creating so much negative press that they just want him gone. this is casting a large shadow....even his football camp that ben holds every year for school children has refused to comment on the status of the camp this year.

its the young fans that dont care....but the older generation with children are absolutely appalled. the self-proclaimed "classiest" organization in football is crumbling from the inside....speculation as to tomlin losing the team.

a trade would be likely sooner than later before any more stories hit the presses.

good luck finding another QB that can succeed behind that horrible OL.

From your source.....

Tapes from security cameras were erased. The police did not ask Roethlisberger for a DNA sample. How important are these developments in the decision not to charge Roethlisberger?

This still leaves room for doubt, and the monkey will stay on Loserburgers Back.

edit: good point. how many business establishments do you know of that erase tapes from the security cameras that quickly? hell, the night wasn't even over when the police shown up. it seems awfully strange to me how quickly those tapes were erased. don't businesses usually keep those tapes for alot longer than the day of lol??!!

so what it didn't show what happened in the bathroom, who's to say something didn't happen in the hallway to? the mere sight of ben and his security leading some drunk girl down a hallway would make the situation even worse. it would give people an actual visual which would magnify his foul actions. sounds like a cover up or a potential payoff to hide any incriminating evidence.

but let's say, for the sake of this argument, that the tapes had no valuable evidence on them OR there were no cameras in that area. the dude is still a dirt bag and his caveman antics towards women is absolutely pathetic. getting a woman drunk and leading her into a bathroom with his security guard standing guard at the door? that's freaking pathetic and it screams that ben has some sick and twisted sexual practices. it doesn't matter if women throw themselves at him. people only take advantage of you IF YOU LET THEM BY CONSTANTLY PUTTING YOURSELF IN A BAD SITUATION. but i think ben is just as guilty in this situation as a woman who throws herself at him. he obviously likes those kinds of women. ben damn sure isn't the victim here and if you think so, then either you're a blind homer or you're f*ck*ng crazy.

no matter what the outcome of all this is...suspension etc. the stooler fans need to admit that their goldenboy is looking like a real scumbag to the rest of the country no matter how much they love their team. gayben has his lawyers writing out his statements and not allowing him to be contrite and he's looking like even more of an ass when everyone knows (after the information was released by the da yesterday) that he took advantage of someone ten years or so younger than him that was at the 'brown-out' stage of passed out drunk. the lawyers need to tell him to settle the case(s) that are and will be brought against him and send him to the same asshole rehab that tiger the cheetah went to. the rooneys need to suspend him even if the league doesn't........hey, or better yet, do nothing you fools. let this divide the team even more cuz the goldenboy gets off with a little slap on the wrist and the black receiver gets bounced. yeah baby, hatred in old steeltown here we come!!!!

WHEN THE SHIT COMES DOWN, YOU BETTER BE READY!

and that written statement that someone else wrote for ben was an absolute joke. the dude used the word blessed in regards to his talents and ended his stament by saying "God bless". yeah, right! last month he had a devil t-shirt on and now all of a sudden he's a holy man lol.

btw, why the hell did ben come to such and important presser looking like a freaking nasty slob??

Roethlisberger did emerge victiorious, but he lost the war, not the battle.

agreed. i think these situations will hurt him in alot of different ways. i can only imagine what every defender lining up opposite of him will be thinking about this upcoming season. i think he's a marked man. there are alot of fathers and men who respect women who will be glad to unload on him all season long.

Steelers to trade Ben Roethlisberger to Raiders for Jamarcus Russell, Nnamdi Asomugha, and Raiders' 1st round pick in 2012

Leigh Steinberg, the agent for Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, confirmed this morning in a conference call to the Pittsburgh media that the Steelers and Raiders are completing details of a blockbuster trade that will send the embattled Steelers quarterback to the Oakland Raiders in exchange for QB Jamarcus Russell, perennial All Pro cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, and the Raiders' 1st round pick in 2012...

LINK

From your source.....

Tapes from security cameras were erased. The police did not ask Roethlisberger for a DNA sample. How important are these developments in the decision not to charge Roethlisberger?

This still leaves room for doubt, and the monkey will stay on Loserburgers Back.

Both of your concerns were addressed by the DA that investigated the case during the Monday press confrence. The incident alledgedly happened in the bathroom located in the VIP room. There are no cameras in the VIP room. Nothing that could have been on that video was relavant to this case.

No dephicable DNA was found on the victim. There was no need to get DNA from anyone becuase it couldn't be used to link them to the accuser anyway.

----Marshman23

I just pulled my daughter out of school and I'm moving to the Black Hills of South Dakota. I'll have a HAM radio with me, can someone let me know when it's safe to come back? ---

in reference to the bills trading for ben....

It's weird guys like Derek Jeter sleep with 100X more chicks then ben yet he never got accused or sexually asault

It's really not weird WR. Jeter will wine and dine women, like a real man should do. Not like a 28 year old child who forces his dick into women to make him feel like he's not a fag. Jeter's got nothing to prove.

p.s. my ex-brother in law used to drop acid with Jeter in Kalamazoo.

Steelers to trade Ben Roethlisberger to Raiders for Jamarcus Russell, Nnamdi Asomugha, and Raiders' 1st round pick in 2012

Leigh Steinberg, the agent for Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, confirmed this morning in a conference call to the Pittsburgh media that the Steelers and Raiders are completing details of a blockbuster trade that will send the embattled Steelers quarterback to the Oakland Raiders in exchange for QB Jamarcus Russell, perennial All Pro cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, and the Raiders' 1st round pick in 2012...

LINK

Damn man, his wife has dropped a ton of weight hasn't she?

Archived