THE BROWNS BOARD

BRADY QUINN GETS HIS ASS BENCHED

Lumbergh

Lumbergh,

Yes your right DA will start next week, thats because that loser RAC will no doubt still be coach, and he does not have a clue what he is doing, any other coach would start probably start Dorsey next week if Quinn is injured, as DA has no future left at this team, he had a chance today to change that fact, but didnt have the balls to take it

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brady had a 21 qb rating....DA had a 17 qb rating. which one is better?

Are you kidding me?!?!?! To be brought in and have to clean up that mess in the fourth quarter after you haven't started for 3 weeks???? No one would be able to do that. You people are as bad as Buckeye fans. Give Anderson a week to prepare as the starter and he will play better than Quinn. THE QB is not the problem! Its the coaches and our terrible recievers and DEFENSE.

Are you kidding me?!?!?! To be brought in and have to clean up that mess in the fourth quarter after you haven't started for 3 weeks???? No one would be able to do that. You people are as bad as Buckeye fans. Give Anderson a week to prepare as the starter and he will play better than Quinn. THE QB is not the problem! Its the coaches and our terrible recievers and DEFENSE.

What the hell are you talking about, DA had all year to prepare and laid an egg all year except on game. You do not pull BQ in that situation, you make him work out of it. Oh and you bench BE, what a fucking joke of a reciever.

granted its the texans, but whats wrong with holding a team to 16 points?

That's because their offense sucked. Just not as bad as ours. If I remember correctly, our defense gave up 2 13 point leads. Barring Rosenfels' 2 interceptions today, they would have handled us.

What the hell are you talking about, DA had all year to prepare and laid an egg all year except on game. You do not pull BQ in that situation, you make him work out of it. Oh and you bench BE, what a fucking joke of a reciever.

And WHO performed during the one game that Anderson did well????? EDWARDS and our D.

Are you kidding me, he has been starting for the past year and a half, he should have been able to walk into that game and take command straight away, he was supposed to be one of the team captains, yes the whole offense sucked today, but DA certainly made it no better than BQ

And then how do you explain the shitty performance by Anderson (when he was the starter) against Cincy last season, Washington, Baltimore (twice) this year? He played just as bad in those games as Quinn played today and was never taken out despite deserving it in each case.

Anderson played just as badly today as he played most of the season, other than the Giants game.

Are you kidding me, he has been starting for the past year and a half, he should have been able to walk into that game and take command straight away, he was supposed to be one of the team captains, yes the whole offense sucked today, but DA certainly made it no better than BQ

You give Tom Brady or Favre our shitty receivers and as many injuries and inconsistencies as we have given DA this year and they won't perform very well either. Don't get me wrong, I think Quinn will be good. And I hope he does extremely well no matter who he plays for. But Pulling Anderson 3 weeks ago was stupid. Quinn hasn't done anything that DA couldn't do. The QB isn't the problem. Trent Dilfer was dead on.

You give Tom Brady or Favre our shitty receivers and as many injuries and inconsistencies as we have given DA this year and they won't perform very well either. Don't get me wrong, I think Quinn will be good. And I hope he does extremely well no matter who he plays for. But Pulling Anderson 3 weeks ago was stupid. Quinn hasn't done anything that DA couldn't do. The QB isn't the problem. Trent Dilfer was dead on.

Tom brady did all the time until randy moss got there. He never had great WR.

21.4 QB rating for the Golden Boy

About 60% of the folks on this Forum bitch and moan about this team more than a PMS ravaged woman ...Congratulations for having so many "ladies "on this site...There is hatred spewed here against your fellow Browns fans every day ....This is what I see

Good to very good O-Line (best you've had in years ) your center is a little weak (losing Bentley hurt)...You need back up Depth here

Above average receiving corps ...BE is a problem (attitude) the Ocho Cinco of Cleveland.... Getting Jerivicus back will help

Two QB's that could grow into something good . I see more potential in BQ than DA

Running Backs ...JL is tough but on the decline ..Harrison is a good one , but not an every down back . This is a position which needs to be addressed

Defensive line ...Coming on ...SR is a very destructive force .need to have better 2 gap ends to stop the run

LB'S ...This is the weakest part of your Team ..You need two starters and 2 good back ups ...McGinnest is 76 years old

DB's Again a major weakness .Wright will be a good one ...There is nothing else back here though ..You need to build Defense from the front line , back .Get a REAL front seven then this group will be helped and you can fill in DB's as time goes on ...

I really believe, as an outsider, that your team is three years away from the Playoffs and being able to go far in the playoffs .Two years from now you could get in but probably not able to get to the Super Bowl . UNTIL you start to address SEVERAL positions on the Defense , you will not go far ....It took you 7 years to address the O-Line ...You need to hope the GM doesn't take that long to address the Defense ...Through the Draft too. That's how you build a Team that can sustain for several years .........Young guys who are hungry and will push some of the VETS who are "quitting" when times get tough ...Build toughness through the Draft

21.4 QB rating for the Golden Boy

Derek's Homecoming Princess speaks. How did your boyfriend do in relief? I thought so. When DA entered the game all that was left in the seats were the beer vendors, popcorn vendors and peanut vendors. You woulda thought the booing would stop or quiet down some but they were pissed DA screwed up MORE business on them. Geee, who woulda thunk it?

- Tom F.

It's quite simple in my opinion.

1. Brady is hurt. Period. It is his index finger of his throwing hand, is it not? That is the last finger on the ball when you throw it, and creates a lot of control. There is NO way to judge BQ if he is injured.

2. Yes, you DO need to let a rookie (this is his first year on the field, so in essence, he is a rookie) play through his problems and mistakes. This year is over for the Browns. SO you let BQ try to figure out how to play through injuries, how to deal with INT's etc.

3. IMO he was probably pulled out because the finger was getting too painful. However, I don't have anything to place that on except common sense.

4. If RAC did pull him for his play, it is proof positive of an internal civil war in the organization. That is not a good sign. Why? Because if you all REALLY want Cowher, he won't go NEAR that type of situation. He will want full control of the players and who does and does not play. Also, Cowher does not value QB's like many others do.

If DA is so great why would the ravens have released him?

This has been covered numerous times. The ravens had Boller, a back up guy, and DA on the roster. DA had a pretty good preseason performance when he got in. The plan was to keep him as #3 and see if he could step into the backup role. Backup QB gets injured and is going to be out for 5-6 weeks, so rather than have DA as the first backup, they bring on another short term QB, stop playing DA in preseason and plan to hide him and hope he clears waivers after the last cut so they can put him on the practice squad and develop him as next year's backup... but the Browns jumped on him the moment he hit the waiver list. The rest is history.

Guest Masters
It's quite simple in my opinion.

1. Brady is hurt. Period. It is his index finger of his throwing hand, is it not? That is the last finger on the ball when you throw it, and creates a lot of control. There is NO way to judge BQ if he is injured.

2. Yes, you DO need to let a rookie (this is his first year on the field, so in essence, he is a rookie) play through his problems and mistakes. This year is over for the Browns. SO you let BQ try to figure out how to play through injuries, how to deal with INT's etc.

3. IMO he was probably pulled out because the finger was getting too painful. However, I don't have anything to place that on except common sense.

4. If RAC did pull him for his play, it is proof positive of an internal civil war in the organization. That is not a good sign. Why? Because if you all REALLY want Cowher, he won't go NEAR that type of situation. He will want full control of the players and who does and does not play. Also, Cowher does not value QB's like many others do.

Preacher, as most times good stuff.

1. Index finger is what is hurt. That doesn't really affect the throw. The pinky is actually more crucial.

2. Exactly! The first pick was a rookie mistake. He didn't read the DL guy dropping back in coverage. Happens to experience pros, let alone rookies. Second pick, as much on BE.

3. Quinn's reaction to being benched said it all. It wasn't the finger.

4. No kidding. I think this is again all about RAC. This goes back to him not playing Harrison earlier, Quinn earlier, and other young guys. Cowher will want control, but I think like he ended up with at the end of the PIT days with Colbert. Roster control and input in the draft. But he was willing to let someone else shop for the grocieries, but he wants input on the ingredients. Which nothing wrong with that. If Phil was a smart man, that is the perfect fit for him.

People forget, early on RAC had more control. But as he showed he couldn't judge talent or craft it, it was slowly taken away from him.

This has been covered numerous times. The ravens had Boller,

That might might be the meanest but most accurate thing ever said about Dumb Ass. Good job by a great screen name.

I'd rather watch paint dry than DA taking snaps. He can't even hand off without complications. The stadium emptied out down to pissed off food & beverage vendors getting unpaid when the surrender flag with a #3 jersey entered the game.

- Tom F.

This has been covered numerous times. The ravens had Boller, a back up guy, and DA on the roster. DA had a pretty good preseason performance when he got in. The plan was to keep him as #3 and see if he could step into the backup role. Backup QB gets injured and is going to be out for 5-6 weeks, so rather than have DA as the first backup, they bring on another short term QB, stop playing DA in preseason and plan to hide him and hope he clears waivers after the last cut so they can put him on the practice squad and develop him as next year's backup... but the Browns jumped on him the moment he hit the waiver list. The rest is history.

If your good you don't take that chance com'n man really!

If your good you don't take that chance com'n man really!

My take on the benching is Crennel defied management and went with his guy and signed his formal release at the end of the year if not sooner

i guess i should be glad that i couldn't see the game?

It wasn't a game - it was a Gong Show! RAC just gonged himself out of Cleveland and he also gonged season ticket holders away from the stadium. That place is going to be as quiet as a Library the next time they play home. I doubt the food vendors will even show up. It's THAT bad!

- Tom F.[ (DA is the ONLY QB in both conferences that the opposing team doesn't want to hurt. He's just too valuable to them)/b]

Archived