Sign in to follow this  
The Gipper

The Gipper's Guide to America

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Since we both got sick this past week we had to cancel going to Boston/R.I., but we have rescheduled to go again Memorial Day week with two of her sisters & husbands and are staying that Fri-Monday at Whaler's Inn in Mystic Seaport. One of the reasons I loved Melville's Moby Dick was the details in the book about how the whaling ships operated. This is the big attraction in Mystic for me, the last remaining wooden hulled whaler, Charles W. Morgan, which is moored there. Have any of you been there?

https://www.mysticseaport.org/explore/morgan/

Actually if you want the real Moby Dick thing go to New Bedford Massachusetts to the whaling Museum there. That is actually where they filmed parts of the Moby dick starring Gregory Peck

I am right now in Marshall TX waiting for the Wonderland of lights to start......about 20 minuets to dark. 

52 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am right now in Marshall TX waiting for the Wonderland of lights to start......about 20 minuets to dark. 

That is worth seeing. Went to it about 10 years ago. Georgetown, Tx. also now has some pretty good amount of lights around the courthouse/town square lite up every night.