THE BROWNS BOARD

Jake WILL take you to playoffs.

Jake Guts

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the honesty about the situation. I too am shocked we picked up Delhomme BUT with the GM's track record Im gonna roll with it, did any of you forget what our first 7 games were like last season? Our quartbacks were drinking gatorade spiked with ambian and vicadin. He is a good leader and with a west coast offense the way it is set up, we will be able to do things we have not done since the 1980's

That guy is def a Steeler troll. That cannot be real.

It's pretty obvious that guy is a nut job and needs help. What's funny is the fact that they say a criminal always returns to the scene of the crime and if you didnt notice all the new trolls that have joined up in the last week or 2 always seem to post in this thread just to keep it open. Hell, someone as messed up as this person might even make a new name acting like a Browns fan just to keep the topic going. If someone is willing to devote hours everyday to try and take away the enjoyment others get over the internet that person is capable of doing just about anything imho.

• 2 months later...

Tried to tell you MOFO's. Still dont believe?.......you will.

Browns teammates call Jake Delhomme "great" and "amazing"

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 16, 2010 10:47 AM ET

The reviews are in from Jake Delhomme's first preseason game in a Cleveland Browns uniform, and his teammates like what they see from their new quarterback.

"Jake did a great job," said tight end Evan Moore, who caught two passes from Delhomme in the preseason opener against the Packers. "He's a guy we all trust. Even though we haven't played with him much, the trust is there because of his track record and how long he's been playing. It was a great way to start the game."

Moore wasn't the only one raving about Delhomme, who completed six of seven passes and got the Browns off to a big start before leaving the game in the first quarter.

"Jake looked amazing," said Browns running back Jerome Harrison. "And the offensive line, tight ends, everybody gave him all the time he needed to throw. The receivers ran the right routes and got open -- what we've been working on. It looked good and felt good. It was great to see our hard work pay off."

Delhomme wasn't called great or amazing very often last year, when he threw 18 interceptions in 11 games with the Panthers. But he says he's getting a fresh start in Cleveland.

"It just feels different for me," Delhomme said. "This is new and fresh. I know I keep saying that, but it's a whole new atmosphere and it's fun."

I'm not a troll. I'm an honest-to-goodness Panther fan and PSL holder (since day one).

Jake Delhomme introduced himself in Carolina by coming in at halftime, throwing two interceptions, and three touchdowns. He assembled a rating of 77.08 in that game. The Panthers won on a last-second touchdown pass, and it wasn't long before "Got Jake?" shirts started popping up in the Carolinas.

Everyone loved him, and everyone thought he was an awesome quarterback. No one cared about picks, yards per attempt, fumbles, sacks, stupid mistakes, or the goofy haircut. He won games. That's what happens to a fan base that's a year removed from 1-15.

Jake will start for you and throw interceptions. Then he'll calmly march you down the field and hand off the ball for a TD that should belong to him but instead goes to a back. He will never have good stats. And he may be done. Or maybe not.

I love the guy, but since we hired Jeff Davidson as our OC, we've never seemed to have good QB play. Jake did it almost by himself in 2008, but last year when he was struggling we inexplicably called more downfield passing plays, and then we had a game where we didn't call hardly any passes at all. There must have been some sort of new-age "Get your QB's confidence back" groove that we were riding, but it wasn't effective, and made things worse.

I'm not saying Davidson sucks. After all, he was the assistant Tight Ends coach at New England, so he must have some special kind of genius I don't know about. And I'm sure his decision to bring in his buddy from Cleveland to help his experienced, winning QB get better was the right call. But it didn't work. Maybe he did it because of stuff he saw in practice. Maybe he was just mad at Jake because he took the blame for the play-calling in the playoff game (we stopped running after the first drive--go figure that out). Maybe Delhomme has no arm left at all.

Obviously, Davidson + Delhomme = bad QB play. It really could be Delhomme. Or Holmgren is smarter than Davidson, and Delhomme is a fit for you.

One thing is for sure, Jake's in the right kind of offense to get his mojo back. There isn't anything quite like short controlled passes to give a QB confidence, and if Jake is in his groove in the fourth quarter he honestly does become one of the best in the game. Go look at his situational stats for 2003-2008 in the fourth quarter if you don't believe me. He can be a terror to opposing defenses when the game's on the line.

At least he used to be. If he still has it, you've got three years of high level play and the best mentor you could hope for before McCoy shows you what he's got. If not, well have you really lost anything for trying?

Best of luck, and take care of Jake for us. :)

Tried to tell you MOFO's. Still dont believe?.......you will.

Browns teammates call Jake Delhomme "great" and "amazing"

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 16, 2010 10:47 AM ET

The reviews are in from Jake Delhomme's first preseason game in a Cleveland Browns uniform, and his teammates like what they see from their new quarterback.

"Jake did a great job," said tight end Evan Moore, who caught two passes from Delhomme in the preseason opener against the Packers. "He's a guy we all trust. Even though we haven't played with him much, the trust is there because of his track record and how long he's been playing. It was a great way to start the game."

Moore wasn't the only one raving about Delhomme, who completed six of seven passes and got the Browns off to a big start before leaving the game in the first quarter.

"Jake looked amazing," said Browns running back Jerome Harrison. "And the offensive line, tight ends, everybody gave him all the time he needed to throw. The receivers ran the right routes and got open -- what we've been working on. It looked good and felt good. It was great to see our hard work pay off."

Delhomme wasn't called great or amazing very often last year, when he threw 18 interceptions in 11 games with the Panthers. But he says he's getting a fresh start in Cleveland.

"It just feels different for me," Delhomme said. "This is new and fresh. I know I keep saying that, but it's a whole new atmosphere and it's fun."

Im starting to believe man, im wanting to believe..to me its not jake im worried about now...he is likely the best QB the browns have fielded since 1993 now its more about our unproven HC and OC but i will say things are looking up and the regime made the right moves in ridding us of DA/BQ and securing the club 2 good QBs...now if holmgren was right in keeping mangini and crew the browns could be one of the nfl's biggest suprizes this year, or at the very least be competitive and tough with a big upside..

Jake has never been a question mark for me. You just don't go from "real good", to, "forgetting how to play the game", in a season. There were other things last year that greatly contributed to Jakes poor season...............................I'm worried about our defense, just like I have been ever since we returned. No matter how well Jake plays, we won't win consistently until we have a defense that can get the hell off the field.............PERIOD.

Wow it gets mighty nasty in here. There's really no call for it, dudes, and I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm a girl, I'm saying it because if the guys on the field acted this ugly they'd get called out and kicked out of the game. I think the mods need to be patroling the boards here and pull out the machine guns more often. If you're on the Browns forum, you're here because you're interested in the Browns. If not, or if only to smack-talk the ones who are, then move on. There are plenty of places on the 'net to go if you just want to curse or talk like a 12-year-old neglected juvey. We're here for interest in the sport and the team. Go Browns! Jake, you still got the mojo, I think some folks just need to see for themselves..........

If he is durable and can make plays from the pocket I think he calll help us win some balllgames

Please no scrambling or roll outs...His 35yo body can't take a whole bunch of hits from 325 lb, sub 5 sec, pissed off defensinve linemen

Wow it gets mighty nasty in here. There's really no call for it, dudes, and I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm a girl, I'm saying it because if the guys on the field acted this ugly they'd get called out and kicked out of the game. I think the mods need to be patroling the boards here and pull out the machine guns more often. If you're on the Browns forum, you're here because you're interested in the Browns. If not, or if only to smack-talk the ones who are, then move on. There are plenty of places on the 'net to go if you just want to curse or talk like a 12-year-old neglected juvey. We're here for interest in the sport and the team. Go Browns! Jake, you still got the mojo, I think some folks just need to see for themselves..........
or how bout you just sit back and lurk for about two years and simply watch the dynamic here before you start judging and posting like we've got something broken, simply because it's unfamiliar to you.

and fwiw, there was definitely no need to confess your gender.

my $.02: conform to us or bounce, cuz we ain't bending simply to suit some Joanna-come-lately. ;)

Go Browns!

or how bout you just sit back and lurk for about two years and simply watch the dynamic here before you start judging and posting like we've got something broken, simply because it's unfamiliar to you.

and fwiw, there was definitely no need to confess your gender.

my $.02: conform to us or bounce, cuz we ain't bending simply to suit some Joanna-come-lately. ;)

Go Browns!

Oooh, that sounds like a little tat for tit.

OMG

dudes.

you guy are so mF negative

Jesus no hope

it's like you KNOW you will suck. for sure

weird

been reading your board. GD brighten up people

u peeps need prozac

jake is a MF winner

you are really beginning to annoy the f out of me..

Pics? :)

you are really beginning to annoy the f out of me..

Dont hate on me until you read every post from day one in this thread.

I came in your house in peace, to have my boy jake's back.

read the haters replies.

And around game 6, when you're 5-1

and Jake is getting Berrnie-like love

and assw&^%$ LeBron fukcface will be forgotten

you will know I am god.

read the haters replies.

you will know I am god.

I am expecting great things from Delhomme and it has nothing to do with you. Don't come over here when he starts doing well and start bragging, because we fully expect him to do well, and it is a team game ... our team.

None of us are over on a Carolina board cussing like a sailor .... so just start behaving or go measure Jimmy Clausen's jock one more time.

Zombo

read the haters replies.

you will know I am god.

Go back and read the first couple pages, the only one that was hating on you was WRREBEL. Everybody else liked the JD acquisition and thought he would be a big improvement over what we had. It wasn't until you went on a tyrant, that you started getting negative feed back from everybody. You let one poster form your opinion on all Cleveland fans, you took it and ran from there..Blame yourself

• 2 weeks later...

Jake Delhomme completed 20-of-25 passes for 152 yards and a touchdown against the Lions in Saturday's preseason game.

I told you............Am I getting any more believers?

Its real boys. You don't go to a SB and come within a kickoff out of bounds to beating Brady and the pats. Plus 3 NFL champ games.

Guy is the real deal.

and JUST like I said.....the guy makes a team a team. Teammates will die for the MF

he does'nt have the strongest arm, he cant run worth crap........but the dude will put people in position to make plays.

start believing cleveland.........

and jake aint no washed up short term stop gap for rebuilding...

you GUYS are going to the playoffs.....just watch.

if some of you guys are starting to get on my bandwagon and getting a bit excited because of jakes play so far......go UTUBE jake's play in the super bowl year.

watch some of his throws in the rams nfc champ game vs the greatest show on turf.

That zona loss definaetly fukced with jakes brain (steve sax) but people forgot how good he was.

He is gonna throw some picks that will make you throw your clicker at the TV........but he will makes plays and he will make you winners.

Your city starved for a winner

Your city starved for a hero

You guys got one in jake.

I'm guarenteeing right now a minimum of 10-6. and deep run into playoffs.

Cleve's Hero

Jake Delhomme completed 20-of-25 passes for 152 yards and a touchdown against the Lions in Saturday's preseason game.

if some of you guys are starting to get on my bandwagon and getting a bit excited because of jakes play so far......go UTUBE jake's play in the super bowl year.

watch some of his throws in the rams nfc champ game vs the greatest show on turf.

He is gonna throw some picks that will make you throw your clicker at the TV........but he will makes plays and he will make you winners.

I'm guarantee now a minimum of 10-6. and deep run into playoffs.

Cleve's Hero

Pardon the skepticism around here. Jake's looked mighty good so far. Playoffs? Not without a defense, & the Browns have shown no sign of playing that yet- no pass rush and questionable run D.

Compared to Quinn and Anderception, Jake is a definite step up. I'm going to wait until the real bullets start flying in a couple of weeks to jump on the bandwagon.

What's more encouraging is the Browns drafted three guys who look like they will be in the starting lineup from day one- Hayden, Ward, & Lauvao.

I told you............Am I getting any more believers?

Its real boys. You don't go to a SB and come within a kickoff out of bounds to beating Brady and the pats. Plus 3 NFL champ games.

Guy is the real deal.

and JUST like I said.....the guy makes a team a team. Teammates will die for the MF

he does'nt have the strongest arm, he cant run worth crap........but the dude will put people in position to make plays.

start believing cleveland.........

and jake aint no washed up short term stop gap for rebuilding...

That zona loss definaetly fukced with jakes brain (steve sax) but people forgot how good he was.

I'm guarenteeing right now a minimum of 10-6. and deep run into playoffs.

Cleve's Hero

Please go away.

Zombo

• 1 month later...
Long term Panther fan here.

Jake is class

Jake has guts

Jake is a leader

he will make you club better

he will make your club house better

he will make you winners

he is a leader

super bowl jake

nfc champ game jake

Zona game messed with his mind

steve sax disease

old jake will be back

JakeDelhomme02.jpg

trust me.

Thanks for the memories jake

(utube panthers vs rams NFC champ game. That is what jake can be)

Your GM is a genius

copy this post. look at it in your first playoff game.

Ill be rooting for the browns (after Cats-of course)

Jake should retire.

Jake could buy yinz all tix to a Steelers playoff game and this guy would technically still be correct.

Regards...

... an'at

Well Chuck- just remember what the announcer- who I can't remember the name of- said about Bubby Brister. Yup Bubby's headed to Canton- of course, he's going to have to pay to get in, just like everyone else.

• 5 weeks later...
Long term Panther fan here.

Jake is class

Jake has guts

Jake is a leader

he will make you club better

he will make your club house better

he will make you winners

he is a leader

super bowl jake

nfc champ game jake

Zona game messed with his mind

steve sax disease

old jake will be back

JakeDelhomme02.jpg

trust me.

Thanks for the memories jake

(utube panthers vs rams NFC champ game. That is what jake can be)

Your GM is a genius

copy this post. look at it in your first playoff game.

Ill be rooting for the browns (after Cats-of course)

Where is this guy? Car. -cle not too far away.

Archived