THE BROWNS BOARD

Gone Fishing?

CLEVELandMILIDH

Looking for some new places to fish, I live in Trumbull County so I usually go to Mesquito, Lake Milton, Berlin, and Westbranch. I'd like to keep it in the Northeastern Ohio area, If you have any stories or a good hotspot I'd love to hear about it.

Hey man. Not a huge fishermen here, but live in the area. In the next few weeks (depending on Temp) to the beginning to end of May the Chagrin River is one of best places in the world to fish for Steelhead. There is a place in Eastlake past route 91, that rents out canoes and kayaks for fishing. I did it in the fall and it was too early, didn't catch much but small fish and put them back. If anything it was fun. The Valley/Rocky River on the Westside is also great. No joke, people come form all around to fish for Steelhead in NE Ohio.

Keep an eye on the fishing report below.

"March 11, 2010 - While many river stretches have finally opened up, rivers are generally high and muddy after the rain and snow meltoff. Lower harbor areas are still melting ice. Fishing conditions are fair to poor. Smaller tribs will recede first. Main rivers may take awhile to be fishable. Trout or salmon eggs, minnows, or jigs tipped with maggots will produce fish when conditions improve. During recent open water, fly anglers were catching fish on sucker spawn and egg patterns, buggers, nymphs and streamers."

LINK

The fishing here is great if you want to do some salt water fishing. Carolina Beach has plenty of folks who charter boats, and their are a lot of different piers that you can fish off of. You can always make a camping trip out of ot and stay at the state park and they also have a boat slip if you would like to bring your own.

Camping, Fishing and More

If you want to make a trip to Canada here is a guy my brother uses. He will fly you in on your own private lake and he has cabins so you will have something between you and the bears and moose.

Canada

The fishing here is great if you want to do some salt water fishing. Carolina Beach has plenty of folks who charter boats, and their are a lot of different piers that you can fish off of. You can always make a camping trip out of ot and stay at the state park and they also have a boat slip if you would like to bring your own.

Camping, Fishing and More

If you want to make a trip to Canada here is a guy my brother uses. He will fly you in on your own private lake and he has cabins so you will have something between you and the bears and moose.

Canada

You gots to go out to the jet stream man.

Fly fishing is my passion. I fish ponds for 'gills & bass, & streams/rivers for trout, smallies, & steelhead. If you want, I have extra equipment & some places to go, although I have 2 rules:

1) DO NOT return to a pond I fish without me or specific pond owner blessing.

2) Catch & release on all but small-medium panfish

If interested, shoot me a PM.

Mike

Fly fishing is my passion. I fish ponds for 'gills & bass, & streams/rivers for trout, smallies, & steelhead. If you want, I have extra equipment & some places to go, although I have 2 rules:

Mike

Hey Mike, what time is good for Steelhead? What would you suggest?

Mike

Tried to send a PM but it wouldn't let me, anyway I'd love to hit a stream/river for some steelhead or trout. They release brown trout in the Shenango river in PA around this time. I went a few times last year and there a blast to catch. Never tried Fly fishing, but I'd be willing to give it a try. And I dont eat fish so no worries about catch and release.

Looking for some new places to fish, I live in Trumbull County so I usually go to Mesquito, Lake Milton, Berlin, and Westbranch. I'd like to keep it in the Northeastern Ohio area, If you have any stories or a good hotspot I'd love to hear about it.

Ladue Reservoir use to be a favorite of mine. The last time I was there (5-6 years ago) another member of this board and I caught probably 300 Crappie ... I am not exaggerating or kidding.

We just absolutly killed'em that day.

Tried to send a PM but it wouldn't let me, anyway I'd love to hit a stream/river for some steelhead or trout. They release brown trout in the Shenango river in PA around this time. I went a few times last year and there a blast to catch. Never tried Fly fishing, but I'd be willing to give it a try. And I dont eat fish so no worries about catch and release.

I am not "allowed" to PM either. I don't know why, but I think I'll contact the administrators to find out why. I don't want to list my email or cell# openly that ANY "surfer" can see. There are a couple of you I want to PM, so please be patient & I'll try to get this resolved.

Mike

Some guy just pulled a 50 lb cat out of the Tennessee river just below the dam about 3 miles from where I live.

If you ever want to do some muddy water bottom fishing, I know a few good spots.

I keep waiting for one of those monsters....I have caught one a bit over 20 lbs, but I am talking 50+....some guy pulled a 80=pounder out not too many years back....so they are out there.

Some guy just pulled a 50 lb cat out of the Tennessee river just below the dam about 3 miles from where I live.

If you ever want to do some muddy water bottom fishing, I know a few good spots.

I keep waiting for one of those monsters....I have caught one a bit over 20 lbs, but I am talking 50+....some guy pulled a 80=pounder out not too many years back....so they are out there.

Did they use a whole chicken? I love catfishing, I can remember as a kid we would go down to the damn and once they started hitting you couldn't get your line back in the water fast enough.

LOL You pull them babies out with your bare hands? Whats that called nudeling or something, thats some serious redneck fishing there

Did they use a whole chicken? I love catfishing, I can remember as a kid we would go down to the damn and once they started hitting you couldn't get your line back in the water fast enough.

I don't know what he used. I usually buy some chicken livers and leave out all night or in the sun to help stink em up...shrimp left out a day do the same thing

Went to Mosquito Lake causeway, got there around 5 didn't have a bite untill 7 limited out on walleye by 8. I was using a chartruese jig and twister tail tipped with a minnow, realing in very slow letting it bounce off bottom. I caught all of them within 5 feet of the bank, I dont no if they were following it in or if they were just really shallow but it worked out for me today. They weren't real big maybe 17in, if you wade there catching some pretty big ones on the bouey line on the north end. Crappies are still pretty slow biteing. If anybodys got a update on another lake im all ears

Archived