THE BROWNS BOARD

WIMBLEY TO OAKLAND

DAWGPOUND16

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate Athensbuck26. Alot. I cant stay quiet much longer. This kid is a tool.

Sound: you gotta wonder if he's at ohio u. might make you blow your top then. just a kid who wants to start shit, if you ask me.

Well this trade certainly came out of the blue didn't it? The writing was on the wall for Quinn and DA, but Wimbley to Oakland for a 3rd rounder? I support this trade because the Raiders franchise is so Retarded they have to wear their helmets off the field too, so we must have gotten above market value for KW. Holmgren/Heckert certainly aren't f*cking around, and if I were a Browns player not named Cribbs or Thomas, I would have my stuff packed and ready to go. I do find it interesting out of all of the holes and deficiencies in this team, the walrus and Heckert focused on QB first. Shows where their heads are at doesn't it?

I was expecting a a complete tear down under mangina but it never happened in the offseason like it should have, at least holmgren is doing it in the offseason but at this point i question many decisions that are being made and the quality of players being brought in and the mangina pets that are mediocre or suck being left alone..

Im slowly losing a little love for these guys but hopefully only temporarily im hoping theres a reason and a plan beyond the obvious...

Not so fast Gips. You cannot replace 53 players in one offseason or Mangini would have done it last year. And it makes complete sense that Lerner probably wouldn't allow all this shake-up last year. And with the Jets guys, I honestly think EVERY one Mangini brought in last year was better than what we had the year before. Why would they want to send tham all out of town? As wierd as it sounds, those guys; and the draft picks from last year are the guys we are building around now. Stuckey, Elam, Bowens, MoMass, J. Davis, Mack, Roth, the list goes on but it definately looks like outside of Joe Thomas, this team is being purged of all of those aweful aweful decisions that Savage made. MAngini brougt in solid, consistent players. There is no reason to get rid of them. WHat you need to do is surround them with a few "stars" and this draft should provide those.

Not so fast Gips. You cannot replace 53 players in one offseason or Mangini would have done it last year. And it makes complete sense that Lerner probably wouldn't allow all this shake-up last year. And with the Jets guys, I honestly think EVERY one Mangini brought in last year was better than what we had the year before. Why would they want to send tham all out of town? As wierd as it sounds, those guys; and the draft picks from last year are the guys we are building around now. Stuckey, Elam, Bowens, MoMass, J. Davis, Mack, Roth, the list goes on but it definately looks like outside of Joe Thomas, this team is being purged of all of those aweful aweful decisions that Savage made. MAngini brougt in solid, consistent players. There is no reason to get rid of them. WHat you need to do is surround them with a few "stars" and this draft should provide those.

great points. I'm just glad to see the sewage get swept away.

^i believe were up to 13 now

with 2 compensatory picks on the way; jones should be one, and one maybe for davis (but from what i can tell, their salaries were similar).

either way, its a load of bullets in the late rounds to package together....

This was a great trade IMO lets break it down. First off Wimbley was horrible and a huge liability in pass coverage and he never developed another pass rushing move even when he was moved around this year blitzing from different angles. He will be a much better DE in a 4-3 where he wont be dropping in coverage and his one pass rush move wont be scrutinized as much. I think with the talent that Dline has he will excel in their scheme as a DE. He only had 1 year left on his contract so rather than letting him walk for nothing next season we got a high 3rd round pick for a guy that doesn't really fit our system pr in our plans as an OLB. With the emergence of Roth last season this doesn't hurt us as nearly as bad as most may think! That 3rd Rd pick makes our grocery list look even more enticing.

Now had we drafted Haloti like i wanted we would of never been talking about this and would have a perennial probowl DT. Damn what could have been!

with 2 compensatory picks on the way; jones should be one, and one maybe for davis (but from what i can tell, their salaries were similar).

either way, its a load of bullets in the late rounds to package together....

Once again Choco you keep saying we have 2 comp picks. Until we get rewarded these picks we do not have them!!! We will not get one for Davis because we signed Eric Barton, We might get one for Jones but dont expect it!!!!!

He had 6 1/2 sacks. Big whoop. Matt Roth had four in six games.

Wimbley is a serviceable pass rusher. We can do better than serviceable.

Zombo

Bingo. And Wimbley was below average against the run. Roth showed us how an OLB is supposed to set the edge in Mangini's 3-4. I'll bet Mangini told Holmgren that he can use a couple UFAs (trusnik and bernard) to equal or exceed Wimbley's production and that he should take that high 3rd and bring in another corner or safety. Right now with Fujita coming in, that kicks Bowens outside. So your two best OLBers are probably Bowens and Roth anyway. Maybe Bowens stays inside if someone signs away DQ. Either way I'll lose no sleep.

Archived