THE BROWNS BOARD

Delhomme signs with the Browns

jrb12711

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great move in my opinion.

Delhomme really couldn't get it together after that playoff game couple years back where he threw like 6 INTs, but like he said in his interview, he was playing to not make mistakes and not sling it around like he used to. I think a change in scenary is what he needs and he's got it. Browns are slowly building up a formidable team.

Jake will be the starter as we right the ship. Seneca is a solid, solid backup who creates matchup problems. And we draft the QB of the future in April ... I'm VERY happy with this thinking.

Two VETERAN QBs behind a very solid line to work with our young receivers.

It's what we needed.

Zombo

I am hoping for the best and hope he does good, but the Browns just released a guy who is not even in the prime of his career yet and plays quite similar to Delhomme, just why..?

Delhomme wasn't even good last year with Steve Smith on his team, and now we expect this guy to suddenly do great with such a young receiver foundation?

and yeah yeah, I get it, Delhomme was good 3-4 years ago, but guess what, Derek Anderson had a pro bowl season 3 years ago as well. I liked the Fujita and Watson signings a lot, but this one just has me wondering WHY.

i just think we already did this once with trent dilfer.......were not winning a championship so lets start someone who has a future.....it makes no sense to me if he is the starter.....i would just rather go with someone in there 20's not someone in their mid 30's

I'm willing to give it a try i just hope its not like Dilfer or Garcia. ha bring back Spurgeon Wynn for all i care i just wanna get some W's and a QB that can find a WR and get the ball to him

(I was just thinkin of QB's we had early after we came back in 99)

[

I know alot of you hate, but if Holmgren thinks he can play I trust his opinion on the matter. I don't see how anyone can disagree our QB situation looks alot better than it did a week ago.

Well ill have to agree our Qb situation is better this week than last week. I really could see us trading Quinn for a 3rd and using that 3rd for a rookie for Holmgrem to mold. I also could see us holding onto Quinn another year for Holmgrem to mentor him. What i would put money on is Ratliff getting released. Well our FO is slowly turning over the roster and putting us in a position to compete next year.

Im not sure what to think right now, Jake wanted to start, and so does Seneca so is that a contrversy? Like the one we dont want to have. It is what it is now, hopefully we can get something for BQ. I still would love to trade BQ and a 3 and 4 next year for Brandon Marshall.

Maybe Delhomme is here to groom Quinn.

i really dont think BQ will want to be here any more, time to just cut ties, he dont owe us or the new FO anything and vise versa. The team just needs to focus on the draft and whooping ass this year. Cant wait to spend 300 again for the Sunday ticket.

Quinn is still the best QB on this team...

And Dale Earnhardt Jr. is just as good as his dad.............

hey brownies, you just got yourself an outstanding QB and another fan... it was a sad day in carolina, but it was time to move on, dont think about the past delhomme, i am sure good delhoome will return to cleveland!!!

I agree panthers17....good for Cleveland & good for Jake. I have followed Jake since his high school days, college, NFL Europe, Saints & Panthers. A "great" QB, no, but a very good one. Yes, he had problems lately, but I think this move will jumpstart him. You won't find a more honest, caring, harder working individual. He is a natural leader, both on the field & in the locker room. I feel that his "moxy & intangibles" will resurface with this change in scenery.........Geaux Jake.........Geaux Browns!!!!

Archived