THE BROWNS BOARD

This List trivia

The Gipper

OK, here is how this works. I am going to give you a list of seemingly common everyday words. You simply have to tell what the list of words represents. Naturally, the words do not mean what their common meaning would be. Most of these are sports oriented, but not all. See if you can figure it out:

1. gold, furlong, seed, moss

2. hull, hunt, dye, grate, sellers

3. cherry, groom, hawk, wells, springs

4. glass, carpenter, hunter, banks, green, gain, plum

5. score, bell, grant, lemon, wise, black

6. beard, price, hill

7. furlow, free, cage, brewer, west

8. noble, polo, law, savage, rothlisberger

9. may, hunt, brewer, rice, born, west, worthy, sailors

10. park, burns, ball, white, braid, cotton, price, player

11. wall, wood, couples, archer

12. frame, rose, hill, ward, rice

13. budge, patty, cash, wood, gore, brooks

14. ball, chase, fish, gray, lake, white, sells

15. root, hull, butler, bunch, tutu

Winners of the World Series of Poker

Hockey?

Cleveland Browns Pro Bowlers

An easy one: Indians pitchers

6. beard, price, hill

Cavaliers guards

Cavs forwards

Medalists in Olympic curling

NCAA basketball tournament MVP’s

Winners of the British Open golf

Masters winners. And “wood “ is not a typo, because it’s not Tiger Woods.

People or Places in Augusta, Georgia?

Male Tennis Grand Slam Winners

Nobel Peace Prize winners

OK, here is how this works. I am going to give you a list of seemingly common everyday words. You simply have to tell what the list of words represents. Naturally, the words do not mean what their common meaning would be. Most of these are sports oriented, but not all. See if you can figure it out:

potent, eye glazing reefer

last name of Reno 911 cops

eastern KY counties

ex Nebraska football player currentlly in federal lock up

past commisioners of WBA

6. beard, price, hill

past sherriffs of nottingham

nba players with first name world b

past NFL man of the year award recipients

nba players born and raised in bangor, maine

gold medal special olympic winners

past rainbow coalition parade grand marshals

baseball hall of fame batboys

Last name of Gay Ben assult victims

Dallas cheerleaders who were discovered in Hustler magzines' beaver hunt

multiple choice options for stupid online trivia game

Hutchins got 8 right. (I want to know how she knew about the curlers)

And Yosemite....why don't you just admit that you are too stupid to know anything and leave it at that? (If what you said was funny, it would be forgiveable....but you committed the cardinal sin....you weren't funny)

This is stupid and pointless!!!!

By that, I assume you mean that YOU don't have the intellect to comprehend it. (compared say to Hutchins who did quite well)

It is what we call transference. You feel stupid because you are too dumb to get any of it, ergo you believe that it, and not you are stupid. When in reality, it is YOU that is stupid.

I may have used poor use of words on this. This is irrelavent to da browns. I am not a one to stir up the turd bowl but ive seen people post a quite a few of these and feel like this could be posted somewhere besides the browns section.

What makes you think this is irrelevent to the Browns? These list may in fact be totally related to the Browns.

(actually....some really are, and some aren't....but nearly all are sports....and we talk sports here, not just Browns. Where the F*** have you been all these years? I note that you have a couple hundred posts on here compared to my 2000. I guess I can figure out what we talk about on here.

I looked at this, and started to try and figure it out. I figured most of the lists were lists of last names, but nothing jumped out at me and said, "I'm such-n-such." So I stopped trying.

I do like your trivia, even if I'm not always good at figuring out what it is.

I looked at this, and started to try and figure it out. I figured most of the lists were lists of last names, but nothing jumped out at me and said, "I'm such-n-such." So I stopped trying.

I do like your trivia, even if I'm not always good at figuring out what it is.

Well, like I said, Khutchins got like half or more of the right. So, somebody got it.

(yes, they are lists of name. I thought that was obvious)

And Yosemite....why don't you just admit that you are too stupid to know anything and leave it at that? (If what you said was funny, it would be forgiveable....but you committed the cardinal sin....you weren't funny)

I didn't watch a lot of curling but I did happen to watch a match with Rothlisberger, et al. and the obvious football-related comparison made an impression on me.

FOAD

Well, like I said, Khutchins got like half or more of the right. So, somebody got it.

(yes, they are lists of name. I thought that was obvious

)

please don't take this the wrong way either of you, but in my experience lawyers have a real affinity for recounting scads of anecdotal, everyday knowledge (that some also offhandedly refer to as "useless facts" or "Jeopardy questions"). you two seem no exception. :)

most of us collect info in areas that interest us, but so far the trivia hasn't seemed to dial in on mine yet. i'm optimistic in this regard and always check it out though.

well, there's that and my recall is not what it once was, due to some lifestyle choices.

P.S. overdue: i gave Avatar 3-D a 9.5 (fwiw i've never seen a "10" yet) but didn't see the 2-D version, so i can't fairly make a comparison to itself--only to the countless other titles i've seen. also to be taken fwiw, i've been a netflix subscriber since 2002, often at the 8-at-a-time rate, so i've seen a couple but it's still just opinion.

did you ever re-watch it in the 3-D format? if so, thoughts?

i'd like them to reissue the Spidey's in 3-D--i liked the whole trilogy and think the action would really "POP".

also off topic and unrelated yet possibly useful, i gave Alice in Wonderland 3-D a "6". the story was blah, but it was quite colorful and the costumes and CGI were awesome. i never knew i even had glasses on in Avatar, but the relative lack of action in Alice made me cognizant of the specs about every 5 mins. not worth 3-D though imo.

please don't take this the wrong way either of you, but in my experience lawyers have a real affinity for recounting scads of anecdotal, everyday knowledge (that some also offhandedly refer to as "useless facts" or "Jeopardy questions"). you two seem no exception. :)

most of us collect info in areas that interest us, but so far the trivia hasn't seemed to dial in on mine yet. i'm optimistic in this regard and always check it out though.

well, there's that and my recall is not what it once was, due to some lifestyle choices.

P.S. overdue: i gave Avatar 3-D a 9.5 (fwiw i've never seen a "10" yet) but didn't see the 2-D version, so i can't fairly make a comparison to itself--only to the countless other titles i've seen. also to be taken fwiw, i've been a netflix subscriber since 2002, often at the 8-at-a-time rate, so i've seen a couple but it's still just opinion.

did you ever re-watch it in the 3-D format? if so, thoughts?

i'd like them to reissue the Spidey's in 3-D--i liked the whole trilogy and think the action would really "POP".

also off topic and unrelated yet possibly useful, i gave Alice in Wonderland 3-D a "6". the story was blah, but it was quite colorful and the costumes and CGI were awesome. i never knew i even had glasses on in Avatar, but the relative lack of action in Alice made me cognizant of the specs about every 5 mins. not worth 3-D though imo.

I haven't seen Avatar in 3-D nor have I seen Alice at all. The local place where I see most of my movies doesn't have 3-D setup.

FWIW I'm not a lawyer.

I guess I might as well own up to the fact that I didn't really come up with the answers I submitted for this quiz. I sent the quiz by email to a friend of mine who I was sure would be able to come up with at least some of the answers fairly easily. He's a great guy and a great Browns fan, Collin Agee and he didn't let me down.

Do we get to know the correct answers?

I guess I might as well own up to the fact that I didn't really come up with the answers I submitted for this quiz. I sent the quiz by email to a friend of mine who I was sure would be able to come up with at least some of the answers fairly easily. He's a great guy and a great Browns fan, Collin Agee and he didn't let me down.

Do we get to know the correct answers?

Next post.

Answers

These are winners of the World Series of Poker Main event. Huck Seed, Jamie Gold etc.

These are the last name of All Big Ten Basketball players from Ohio State, including Brad Sellers

These are All American football players from Ohio State including AJ Hawk, Beanie Wells, Shawn Springs

These are Cleveland Browns Pro Bowlers such as Bill Glass, Ken Carpenter, Chip Banks, Ernie Green, Bob Gain, Milt Plum

Herb Score, Gary Bell, Jim Mudcat Grant, Bob Lemon, Rick Wise, Bud Black. Opening Day pitchers for the Cleveland Indians

6. beard, price, hill

These are Cleveland Cavalier All Stars, Butch Beard, Mark Price, Tyrone Hill

These are just other Cavs players, World B. Free, Jim Brewer, Mark West etc.

These indeed are medalists in the Olympic sport of curling (and no, I don't know how many sex offenses the curling Rothlisberger is alleged to have committed)

The are NCAA Final Four Most Valuable Players, including the likes of Glenn Rice, Jerry West, James Worthy

These are all Winners of the British open. Gary Player etc. Some of these go back a long way

These are Winners of the Masters

These are Indianapolis 500 winners

These are all Men's Singles winners of Wimbledon

These are all American Serial Killers

And these are all Nobel Peace Prize winners...Elihu Root, Ralph Bunch, Desmond Tutu.

Thanks! I enjoyed that one. By the way, what I said about having watched curling was absolutely true. I'm not sure why it surprised me that there was another Rothlisberger but it did and it stuck in my head.

Archived