THE BROWNS BOARD

DA has been cut!!!!

PlaygroundLegend

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have taken the plea bargain brother. Sounds like he wants to be cut. It would be better for him, and we won't lose anything. It's about time one of these guys moves on.

Wait, is the OBR exclusively Browns news? If that's the case, I believe it when Shefter tweets it.

Thank god one of these guys is gone. He'll get signed somewhere else for sure but there is no way we should have paid him that much money. I feel bad for the guy. He was never safe being "the guy" he knew it, and he played like it every week. He shoud have success somewhere else. St. Louis, Carolina, maybe even Buffalo.

Now on to the next topic. Does this mean they are going forward with Brady as the starter? It seems like it. Maybe they can put a team around him and actually coach a QB up for once. I hope he succeeds. For his sake, this is his make or break year. Will he be Aarron Rodgers, or will he be Joey Harrington?

Thank god one of these guys is gone. He'll get signed somewhere else for sure but there is no way we should have paid him that much money. I feel bad for the guy. He was never safe being "the guy" he knew it, and he played like it every week. He shoud have success somewhere else. St. Louis, Carolina, maybe even Buffalo.

Now on to the next topic. Does this mean they are going forward with Brady as the starter? It seems like it. Maybe they can put a team around him and actually coach a QB up for once. I hope he succeeds. For his sake, this is his make or break year. Will he be Aarron Rodgers, or will he be Joey Harrington?

I don't care who the starter is as long as we win. If Quinn can do something, then more power to him. But, he didn't look too good last year and seems injury prone. We shall see.

There is no big battle and there is no win. He still has to play well, which he has yet to do.

Yep. He's played pretty shitty thus far. He has not displayed any leadership qualities yet either. Finishing 2/3 seasons on IR doesn't boost confidence in him either.

I will say it's probably less distracting doing the quarterback shuffle ala Holcomb/Couch for everyone involved. I'm really glad they made this decision as DA doesn't have as much upside as Quinn.

Quinn, in his defense, has never had an opportunity to play for an entire season. I'm thinking with the Seneca Wallace move, he's probably going to get the nod to start over BQ unless BQ impresses during camp/pre-season with his ability to grasp the offense. Wallace is familiar with Holmgren and his system/style so that is pretty logical. Also Holmgren has said that whoever goes into the season starting, starts the entire year regardless of what happens (barring injury of course) so that will provide some much needed continuity and an opportunity for a guy to learn and make mistakes and adjustments.

Impressive moves by Holmgren so far. I'm looking forward to seeing what the draft has in store for us.

I will say it's probably less distracting doing the quarterback shuffle ala Holcomb/Couch for everyone involved. I'm really glad they made this decision as DA doesn't have as much upside as Quinn.

Quinn, in his defense, has never had an opportunity to play for an entire season. I'm thinking with the Seneca Wallace move, he's probably going to get the nod to start over BQ unless BQ impresses during camp/pre-season with his ability to grasp the offense. Wallace is familiar with Holmgren and his system/style so that is pretty logical. Also Holmgren has said that whoever goes into the season starting, starts the entire year regardless of what happens (barring injury of course) so that will provide some much needed continuity and an opportunity for a guy to learn and make mistakes and adjustments.

Impressive moves by Holmgren so far. I'm looking forward to seeing what the draft has in store for us.

I'm still thinking we are going to acquire another QB. I don't see Holmgren having that much faith in BQ. There is a long way to go until the season starts. Stay tuned.

dunno bout that....quinn has as much edge to win the job as anyone.....he has a year with daboll already, so it really depends on if/how much the playbook gets changed. we're not installing a new offense, merely tweaking the one we have.

im curious to see what he can do, but not expecting much. for all the hype surrounding the domer, he's been pretty disappointing, to say the leeast.

Glad to see this regime make a quick a decisive move in regards to DA. The best thing for him AND the Browns is to move forward.

I wonder where DA will end up? Oakland? Denver?

dunno bout that....quinn has as much edge to win the job as anyone.....he has a year with daboll already, so it really depends on if/how much the playbook gets changed. we're not installing a new offense, merely tweaking the one we have.

im curious to see what he can do, but not expecting much. for all the hype surrounding the domer, he's been pretty disappointing, to say the leeast.

too bad he can't throw the ball.

I'm still thinking we are going to acquire another QB. I don't see Holmgren having that much faith in BQ. There is a long way to go until the season starts. Stay tuned.

I agree, that's why I think Seneca Wallace gets the start this season. If we draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round then Quinn is gone.

Archived